- 5 NW athletes at Winter Paralympics at Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 4:02 pm
- Putin declares Sochi Winter Paralympics open Updated: Mar-07-14 1:40 pm
- Guard Biathlon Championships held in Jericho, Vt. Updated: Mar-06-14 5:04 am
- International biathlon event kicks off in N. Maine Updated: Feb-28-14 5:04 am
- IOC confident in success of anti-doping program Updated: Feb-23-14 10:16 am
- Bjoerndalen's farewell highlights Olympic biathlon Updated: Feb-23-14 7:17 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Never enough Updated: Feb-23-14 3:00 am
- Russia wins men's biathlon relay at Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-22-14 2:43 pm
- No medal for Bjoerndalen in last Olympic race Updated: Feb-22-14 2:02 pm
- Bach singles out Ukrainian win as standout moment Updated: Feb-22-14 11:15 am
- German biathlon team struggles after doping news Updated: Feb-21-14 3:46 pm
- French biathlete hospitalized after collapsing Updated: Feb-21-14 2:42 pm
- Ukraine wins women's biathlon relay for 1st gold Updated: Feb-21-14 2:12 pm
- Relay concludes women's biathlon at Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-20-14 6:21 pm
- Bjoerndalen sets record with Norway's relay win Updated: Feb-19-14 2:08 pm
- Disability access needs improvement at Sochi Games Updated: Feb-19-14 4:34 am
- Svendsen wins gold in biathlon 15K mass start Updated: Feb-18-14 1:06 pm
- Men's biathlon race delayed due fog at Olympics Updated: Feb-18-14 5:30 am
- Domracheva wins 3rd Olympic biathlon gold medal Updated: Feb-17-14 1:26 pm
- Thick fog causes delays at Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-17-14 10:18 am
- Medals, yes, but not the Olympics Norway planned Updated: Feb-17-14 10:00 am
- Domracheva eyes 3rd straight Olympic biathlon gold Updated: Feb-16-14 5:42 pm
- Siblings give family feel to Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-16-14 6:52 am
- Midway through, Sochi Games delivering for Putin Updated: Feb-15-14 2:04 pm
- Domracheva wins 2nd biathlon gold at Sochi Games Updated: Feb-14-14 12:48 pm
SEATTLE - American and European politicians are boycotting the Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi to protest Russian moves in Ukraine. But disabled athletes from Washington, Oregon and Idaho plan to compete in the Olympic host city as scheduled starting this weekend.
SOCHI, Russia - With a solitary Ukrainian athlete taking part in the opening ceremony, Russian President Vladimir Putin opened the Winter Paralympics in Sochi on Friday against the backdrop of his country's military action in Crimea.
JERICHO, Vermont - The National Guard Bureau's Biathlon Championships is taking place this week in Vermont.
PORTLAND, Maine - More than 400 athletes from around the world are in northern Maine for a major biathlon event.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - At the midpoint of the Sochi Games, not yet marred by a single case of doping, the IOC's top medical official said its efforts to catch drug cheats were so successful they had scared them all away.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Weather worries. Track troubles. Ukraine's unity. Domracheva dominating. And Bjoerndalen being brilliant.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - German biathletes Erik Lesser and Arnd Peiffer just can't get enough of the Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Russia made its fans wait for a biathlon gold medal until the last race of the Sochi Games.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Ole Einar Bjoerndalen started and finished his last Olympic race where he's spent much of his unrivaled biathlon career - in first place. Unfortunately for him, his teammate couldn't stay there to give him a perfect send-off.
SOCHI, Russia - Ukraine's victory in the women's biathlon relay was the standout moment of the Sochi Olympics, a powerful symbol of unity during the country's bloody political crisis, IOC President Thomas Bach said Saturday.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Stunned by the news that a teammate had tested positive for doping, top-ranked Germany failed to live up to expectations Friday in the women's biathlon relay.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - French biathlete Marie Laure Brunet collapsed during the women's biathlon relay on Friday and was taken to a hospital for medical checkups.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Four teammates stood proudly behind the Ukraine flag, smiles beaming, celebrating their country's first gold medal at the Sochi Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Darya Domracheva and Olga Zaitseva are chasing Olympic biathlon records in the 4x6-kilometer relay on Friday, the final women's event of the Sochi Games.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Ole Einar Bjoerndalen couldn't avoid being in the spotlight, certainly not after becoming the most decorated Winter Olympian of all time and receiving personal congratulations from the king.
SOCHI, Russia - After $51 billion, it should be easy to get around at the Olympics - for everyone.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - After doing everything right for nearly 15 kilometers, Norway's Emil Hegle Svendsen almost threw away his first biathlon gold medal at the Sochi Olympics in the final inches.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The start of the men's 15-kilometer mass start biathlon event at the Sochi Olympics has been delayed again due to fog.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Darya Domracheva is so light-footed on her skis, her rivals have started comparing her with a dancer.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Thick fog lingering over the mountains Monday caused the biggest weather disruptions of the Sochi Olympics so far, with a biathlon race and a snowboard event both postponed until Tuesday.
SOCHI, Russia - For a man with a bit of explaining to do to the folks back home, Inge Andersen didn't seem terribly concerned as he ate a late breakfast Monday at the Norway House.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Darya Domracheva of Belarus is aiming for her third straight gold medal in Monday's final individual biathlon competition of the Sochi Olympics.
KRASNAYA GOLYANA, Russia - When Martin Fourcade won his first Olympic gold this week, the French biathlete got to celebrate in the finish area with the teammate he grew up trying to beat - older brother Simon.
SOCHI, Russia - No protests. No real problems.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Darya Domracheva's unmatched pace at skiing Friday earned her a second gold medal of the Sochi Olympics, and this time she wasn't the only Belarusian on the podium.