- Russia's Drozd beats Janik to defend WBC cruiserweight title Updated: May-22-15 4:22 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's Grigory Drozd defended his WBC cruiserweight title for the first time Friday, defeating Poland's Lukasz Janik with a ninth-round technical knockout.
- Promoter seeks to block regulation of bare-knuckle bouts Updated: May-21-15 7:47 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A Wyoming bare-knuckle fight promoter has sued the Association of Boxing Commissions and its president, saying they're wrongly encouraging the City of Riverton to outlaw his fights.
- Family of late boxer Johnny Tapia locked in trademark fight Updated: May-21-15 12:16 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The widow and the father of late world champion boxer Johnny Tapia are locked in a fight over use of the fighter's name and image.
- Fight of century is now battle in court as fans sue Pacquiao Updated: May-19-15 11:45 am
LAS VEGAS - Boxing fans across the country and their lawyers are calling the hyped-up fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. a fraud and want their money back, and then some.
- For Hampton House, a return from history Updated: May-17-15 12:23 am
MIAMI - When the rescue of Hampton House began six years ago, vagrants and drug addicts slept in the motel where Malcolm X once stayed. A tree grew out of the swimming pool where Martin Luther King Jr. swam. The walls were crumbling around the courtyard where Ebony magazine had photographed Muhammad Ali and his new wife and baby.
- Middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin stops Monroe in 6th Updated: May-17-15 12:08 am
INGLEWOOD, California - Gennady Golovkin's latest big drama show had a few extra twists and turns. The middleweight champion still finished it with his usual show-stopping flourish.
- 'Sting like a butterfly': Holyfield jabs Romney for charity Updated: May-16-15 10:01 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and five-time heavyweight boxing champion Evander Holyfield squared off in the ring at a charity fight night event in Salt Lake City.
- Boxing fan accelerates plans to renovate Ali's boyhood home Updated: May-15-15 7:54 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Muhammad Ali's brother on Friday recalled their wrestling matches while growing up in their family's modest Kentucky home. No punches were supposed to be thrown because their parents wouldn't allow it, Rahman Ali said.
- Police suspect drug overdose in boxer Tony Ayala Jr.'s death Updated: May-14-15 9:29 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Heroin and a syringe were found next to the body of Tony Ayala Jr., San Antonio police disclosed Thursday in a report that says investigators suspect a drug overdose killed the troubled boxer.
- Wilder's first title defense set with Molina in Alabama Updated: May-14-15 5:13 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Deontay Wilder is staying close to home for his first defense of the WBC heavyweight title.
- Police: Rapper 50 Cent not a suspect in Vegas robbery case Updated: May-13-15 8:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Rap musician 50 Cent is not a suspect in an investigation of a Los Angeles man's complaint that he was attacked and robbed of jewelry in Las Vegas, a police spokesman said Wednesday.
- Injured Manny Pacquiao returns to the Philippines Updated: May-13-15 7:42 am
MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao returned home to the Philippines on Wednesday nursing his right shoulder after surgery and weighing up whether to retire or push for a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Mayweather-Pacquiao sets PPV mark with 4.4 million buys Updated: May-12-15 2:40 pm
LAS VEGAS - Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao proved a box office smash, even if their welterweight title fight didn't live up to the hype.
- Russian boxer in coma after incident in Berlin subway Updated: May-12-15 8:20 am
BERLIN - Russian heavyweight boxer Denis Boytsov has been placed in an artificial coma after being found with serious head injuries in a Berlin subway tunnel.
- Boxing loss could be Pacquiao's political win Updated: May-10-15 2:24 am
MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao lost his biggest fight in the ring, but that won't stop him from plotting a bigger comeback - in the political arena that is.
- Canelo Alvarez knocks out James Kirkland in 3rd round Updated: May-10-15 1:23 am
HOUSTON - On the night that Saul "Canelo" Alvarez knocked out James Kirkland, the Mexican star spent almost as much time talking about Miguel Cotto as he did his opponent.
- Chudinov defeats Sturm by split decision for WBA belt Updated: May-09-15 6:20 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Fedor Chudinov of Russia defeated former middleweight champion Felix Sturm of Germany by split decision for the vacant WBA super middleweight title on Saturday.
- British boxer Carl Froch loses WBA belt through inactivity Updated: May-08-15 6:14 am
MARBELLA, Panama - British boxer Carl Froch has been stripped of his WBA super-middleweight belt because of a failure to defend his title since last May.
- Floyd Mayweather's ex-girlfriend sues boxer for defamation Updated: May-06-15 3:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - The mother of three of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s children sued the undefeated boxing champion for defamation over his recent comments about her and a 2010 domestic violence attack in Las Vegas.
- Uchiyama defends WBA super featherweight crown Updated: May-06-15 10:29 am
TOKYO - Japanese boxer Takashi Uchiyama beat Thai challenger Jomthong Chuwatana on a technical knockout in the second round to defend his WBA super featherweight title on Wednesday.
- Column: Pacquiao injury another hit for boxing Updated: May-05-15 5:44 pm
LAS VEGAS - The people who paid $99.95 to watch at home had no clue.
- Philly lawyer joins effort to restore Ali's childhood home Updated: May-05-15 8:54 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A real estate investor wanting to restore Muhammad Ali's boyhood home in Kentucky has a new business partner in his corner.
- Boxing match pops up on phones as TV habits change Updated: May-04-15 7:13 pm
NEW YORK - It should have been a proud moment for TV: A much-hyped sports event drawing in millions of paying viewers and showcasing the clout still held by traditional media heavyweights.
- LeBron lifts media blackout to call Chris Paul Updated: May-04-15 1:08 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James lifted his personal media boycott during the playoffs to phone a friend.
- Cable, pay-per-view problems leave viewers fighting mad Updated: May-03-15 6:41 pm
NEW YORK - For some boxing fans, the big fight Saturday night turned out to be between them and their cable companies.