- Klitschko out to silence Fury, prolong heavyweight reign Updated: Nov-26-15 7:40 am
BERLIN - Tyson Fury's promise to end Wladimir Klitschko's long heavyweight reign in Duesseldorf on Saturday is nothing the defending champion hasn't heard before.
- Funeral scheduled for former light heavyweight champion Updated: Nov-26-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A funeral service for former lightweight champion Bob Foster has been scheduled for next week.
- Lara successfully defends WBA super-welterweight title Updated: Nov-25-15 10:00 pm
HIALEAH, Florida - Cuba's Erislandy Lara successfully defended his World Boxing Association super-welterweight title Wednesday night, stopping former welterweight champion Jan Zaveck in the third round.
- New Rocky story 'Creed' balances brutality and theatricality Updated: Nov-24-15 10:48 am
LOS ANGELES - Sylvester Stallone knows most of Rocky Balboa's famous fights would have been stopped by a real-life referee long before the battered and bloodied fictional heavyweight champion rallies his will to win.
- Boxer Hearns wants to open gym at Detroit's Packard complex Updated: Nov-23-15 6:46 am
DETROIT - Boxing great Thomas "Hitman" Hearns says he wants to open gym at part of the former Packard auto factory complex in Detroit.
- Triple G and Canelo could be boxing's next big thing Updated: Nov-22-15 12:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Canelo Alvarez hadn't even had time to celebrate his win over Miguel Cotto when the subject of Gennady Golovkin came up.
- Alvarez takes middleweight title over Cotto Updated: Nov-22-15 1:28 am
LAS VEGAS - Canelo Alvarez made a case for himself as boxing's next star Saturday night, landing the bigger punches to take a unanimous decision over Miguel Cotto and win a piece of the middleweight title.
- Bob Foster, former light heavyweight champion, dies at 76 Updated: Nov-22-15 1:24 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Bob Foster, the former light heavyweight champion who fought Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali and went on to become a sheriff's deputy, died Saturday. He was 76.
- Fury ready to shake up boxing world by beating Klitschko Updated: Nov-20-15 9:48 am
BOLTON, England - As Tyson Fury prowled the practice ring, stopping regularly for some shadow-boxing and imagining Wladimir Klitschko on the end of his punches, his father looked on with pride.
- Column: Cotto and Alvarez in fight that may be worth price Updated: Nov-18-15 5:42 pm
LAS VEGAS - The sting from Mayweather-Pacquiao is still there, which makes anyone who spent $100 to watch that overhyped snoozer think twice about wasting their money on boxing again.
- Basilio, Zale champion belts stolen from boxing hall of fame Updated: Nov-10-15 3:01 am
CANASTOTA, New York - Police say six championship boxing belts have been stolen from the International Boxing Hall of Fame in upstate New York.
- Bradley stops Rios in 9th round of title bout Updated: Nov-07-15 11:34 pm
LAS VEGAS - Timothy Bradley won a fight he needed badly Saturday night, stopping Brandon Rios in the ninth round to stake his claim for a title in a welterweight division that is wide open following the retirement of Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Stallone still packs punch with Rocky fans ahead of 'Creed' Updated: Nov-06-15 5:32 pm
PHILADELPHIA - There's a scene in "Creed" where the latest brash boxer who challenges the upstart protege of Rocky Balboa barks, "No one cares about Balboa anymore!"
- Andre Ward pulls out of scheduled Nov. 21 fight in Las Vegas Updated: Nov-04-15 11:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - Two-time world champion Andre Ward pulled out of his scheduled Nov. 21 fight on Wednesday because of inflammation and pain in his right knee.
- Lebedev beats Kayode to retain WBA cruiserweight belt Updated: Nov-04-15 1:16 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Russia*s Denis Lebedev retained his WBA cruiserweight title Wednesday with a win by stoppage over previously undefeated Nigerian Lateef Kayode.