- Malignaggi beats Judah in a welterweight bout Updated: Dec-08-13 1:48 am
- Rigondeaux tops Agbeko in unanimous decision Updated: Dec-08-13 12:59 am
- Boxer Jacob Matlala, 51, a Mandela favorite, dies Updated: Dec-07-13 3:29 pm
- Oscar De La Hoya headlines 2014 Boxing Hall class Updated: Dec-04-13 2:33 pm
- The 2014 Boxing Hall of Fame class Updated: Dec-04-13 1:52 pm
- Philly Art Commission OKs Frazier statue design Updated: Dec-04-13 1:14 pm
- Stevenson retains light heavyweight title Updated: Dec-01-13 1:22 am
- Former heavyweight champ Herbie Hide jailed Updated: Nov-29-13 1:24 pm
- Mosley stopped by Mundine in WBA title fight Updated: Nov-27-13 1:48 pm
- Britain's Bean, Brazil's Montenegro win Emmys Updated: Nov-26-13 7:37 am
- Pacquiao prepares for Tacloban visit Updated: Nov-24-13 10:08 pm
- Filipino typhoon survivors cheer Pacquiao triumph Updated: Nov-24-13 7:37 am
- Pacquiao beats Rios in unanimous decision Updated: Nov-24-13 4:18 am
- Gradovich retains IBF feather title, beats Dib Updated: Nov-23-13 11:29 pm
- Froch retains super-middleweight titles Updated: Nov-23-13 10:42 pm
- Hernandez retains IBF cruiserweight title Updated: Nov-23-13 8:02 pm
- Quigg retains WBA super-bantamweight title Updated: Nov-23-13 5:24 pm
- Pacquiao, Rios make weight for fight Updated: Nov-22-13 8:39 pm
- Beckham excited about new MLS team in Miami Updated: Nov-22-13 4:59 am
- Ward routs Rodriguez in return from 14 months off Updated: Nov-16-13 11:53 pm
- Top Rank signs Brazil Olympic star Esquiva Falcao Updated: Nov-14-13 9:29 pm
- Pacquiao dedicates next fight to typhoon victims Updated: Nov-13-13 3:32 am
- Yamanaka defends WBC bantamweight title Updated: Nov-10-13 9:27 am
- Mikey Garcia stops Rocky Martinez in 8th Updated: Nov-10-13 1:20 am
NEW YORK - Paulie Malignaggi said the trip to the ring for his bout against Zab Judah was an emotional one. After all, he was fighting a fellow Brooklyn native in their hometown.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - WBA and WBO super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux retained his titles with a 12-round, unanimous decision over former two-time bantamweight champ Joseph Agbeko at Boardwalk Hall's Adrian Phillips Ballroom on Saturday night.
JOHANNESBURG - Jacob "Baby Jake" Matlala, a four-time world champion in the flyweight and junior flyweight divisions and one of Nelson Mandela's favorite fighters, has died. He was 51.
CANASTOTA, New York - "The Golden Boy" is golden again.
CANASTOTA, New York - A look at the 12 people to be inducted June 8 into the International Boxing Hall of Fame and Museum:
PHILADELPHIA - Joe Frazier has won another decision more than two years after his death: The Philadelphia Art Commission has unanimously approved a design for a statue honoring the former heavyweight boxing champ.
QUEBEC CITY - Adonis Stevenson retained his WBC light heavyweight title Saturday night by stopping Tony Bellew in the sixth round.
CAMBRIDGE, England - Former heavyweight champion Herbie Hide has been sentenced to 22 months in jail for agreeing to sell cocaine in an undercover operation by a British newspaper.
SYDNEY - Shane Mosley was stopped in the sixth round by former rugby league player Anthony Mundine in a WBA international super welterweight title fight on Wednesday. It was first time the 42-year-old American failed to go the distance.
NEW YORK - Britain's Sean Bean and Brazil's Fernanda Montenegro took the top acting honors Monday night at the 41st International Emmy Awards in which the statues were spread among TV productions from six countries.
MACAU - Manny Pacquiao is preparing for a visit to the typhoon-devastated city of Tacloban in the coming days, returning to the Philippines with his boxing career back on the upswing after an impressive victory over Brandon Rios.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - Thousands of survivors of Typhoon Haiyan erupted into wild cheers Sunday to celebrate the victory of Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao, bringing back laughter and revelry briefly to a central Philippine region that was turned into a corpse-strewn wasteland by the powerful storm.
MACAU - Manny Pacquiao reversed the decline in his boxing career and provided some desperately needed inspiration to the disaster-stricken Philippines with an authoritative victory over Brandon Rios on Sunday.
MACAU - Russia's Evgeny Gradovich retained the IBF featherweight title when Australia's Billy Dib quit in the ninth round Sunday at The Venetian casino in Macau.
MANCHESTER, England - Carl Froch recovered from a first-round knockdown to retain his WBA and IBF super-middleweight titles with a ninth-round technical knockout of George Groves in an engrossing fight on Saturday.
BAMBERG, Germany - Yoan Pablo Hernandez returned to the ring after a 14-month injury break and knocked out Alexander Alekseev in the 10th round Saturday night to retain his IBF cruiserweight title.
MANCHESTER, England - Scott Quigg retained his WBA super-bantamweight title with a second-round knockout of Diego Silva of Argentina on Saturday.
MACAO - Manny Pacquiao and Brandon Rios have made weight for their WBO welterweight fight in Macao on Sunday.
MACAU - David Beckham says he is looking forward to becoming the owner of a new MLS franchise in Miami.
ONTARIO, California - Andre Ward returned from a 14-month ring absence with a lop-sided unanimous decision over Edwin Rodriguez on Saturday night, defending his WBA super middleweight title.
LAS VEGAS - Brazilian Olympic medal-winning boxer Esquiva Falcao has signed with Top Rank.
Manny Pacquiao believes the best way to bring inspiration and hope to the victims of the devastating Typhoon Haiyan in his native Philippines is to win his comeback fight against Brandon Rios.
TOKYO - Japan's Shinsuke Yamanaka beat Mexico's Alberto Guevara with a knockout in the ninth round Sunday to defend his WBC bantamweight crown.
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Mikey Garcia stopped defending champion Rocky Martinez 56 seconds into the eighth round Saturday night to take the WBO junior lightweight title.