- One-of-a-kind Fury won't change after heavyweight title win Updated: Nov-30-15 12:16 pm
BOLTON, England - Being heavyweight champion of the world hasn't changed Tyson Fury much, at least judging by the maverick boxer's journey back to Britain after beating Wladimir Klitschko.
- Fury calls Klitschko camp 'cheats,' feared he'd be drugged Updated: Nov-30-15 10:45 am
BOLTON, England - Tyson Fury accused Wladimir Klitschko's camp of being "cheats," saying Monday that he refused to accept any water after beating the Ukrainian in their world heavyweight title fight for fear of being drugged.
- Britain's greats: 16 hours of global sporting glory for UK Updated: Nov-29-15 7:34 pm
LONDON - In a German soccer stadium, Tyson Fury dethroned Wladimir Klitschko, paraded his four heavyweight title belts and serenaded his wife from ringside.
- Strong second half leads No. 4 Iowa State past Illinois Updated: Nov-28-15 10:36 pm
NICEVILLE, Florida - With Illinois and No. 4 Iowa State trading the lead for most of Saturday's championship game in the Emerald Coast Classic, Cyclones guard Monte Norris decided with 10:51 remaining to try and deliver a knockout punch.
- Tyson Fury ends Wladimir Klitschko's heavyweight reign Updated: Nov-28-15 8:29 pm
DUESSELDORF, Germany - Tyson Fury defeated Wladimir Klitschko by unanimous decision Saturday to end the Ukrainian's 9 1/2-year reign as heavyweight champion and fulfill his father's prophesy from the day he was born.
- Klitschko-Fury fight is on after soft canvas issue resolved Updated: Nov-28-15 10:57 am
DUESSELDORF, Germany - Tyson Fury has withdrawn a complaint about the canvas being too soft for Saturday's world heavyweight title fight against Wladimir Klitschko, meaning the bout will go ahead as planned.
- Column: Things we're NOT thankful for in the world of sports Updated: Nov-27-15 1:07 pm
Another Thanksgiving in the books.
- Funeral scheduled for former light heavyweight champion Updated: Nov-26-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A funeral service for former lightweight champion Bob Foster has been scheduled for next week.
- Lara successfully defends WBA super-welterweight title Updated: Nov-25-15 10:00 pm
HIALEAH, Florida - Cuba's Erislandy Lara successfully defended his World Boxing Association super-welterweight title Wednesday night, stopping former welterweight champion Jan Zaveck in the third round.
- New Rocky story 'Creed' balances brutality and theatricality Updated: Nov-24-15 10:48 am
LOS ANGELES - Sylvester Stallone knows most of Rocky Balboa's famous fights would have been stopped by a real-life referee long before the battered and bloodied fictional heavyweight champion rallies his will to win.
- Boxer Hearns wants to open gym at Detroit's Packard complex Updated: Nov-23-15 6:46 am
DETROIT - Boxing great Thomas "Hitman" Hearns says he wants to open gym at part of the former Packard auto factory complex in Detroit.
- Triple G and Canelo could be boxing's next big thing Updated: Nov-22-15 12:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Canelo Alvarez hadn't even had time to celebrate his win over Miguel Cotto when the subject of Gennady Golovkin came up.
- Alvarez takes middleweight title over Cotto Updated: Nov-22-15 1:28 am
LAS VEGAS - Canelo Alvarez made a case for himself as boxing's next star Saturday night, landing the bigger punches to take a unanimous decision over Miguel Cotto and win a piece of the middleweight title.
- Bob Foster, former light heavyweight champion, dies at 76 Updated: Nov-22-15 1:24 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Bob Foster, the former light heavyweight champion who fought Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali and went on to become a sheriff's deputy, died Saturday. He was 76.
- Fury ready to shake up boxing world by beating Klitschko Updated: Nov-20-15 9:48 am
BOLTON, England - As Tyson Fury prowled the practice ring, stopping regularly for some shadow-boxing and imagining Wladimir Klitschko on the end of his punches, his father looked on with pride.
- Column: Cotto and Alvarez in fight that may be worth price Updated: Nov-18-15 5:42 pm
LAS VEGAS - The sting from Mayweather-Pacquiao is still there, which makes anyone who spent $100 to watch that overhyped snoozer think twice about wasting their money on boxing again.
- Basilio, Zale champion belts stolen from boxing hall of fame Updated: Nov-10-15 3:01 am
CANASTOTA, New York - Police say six championship boxing belts have been stolen from the International Boxing Hall of Fame in upstate New York.
- Bradley stops Rios in 9th round of title bout Updated: Nov-07-15 11:34 pm
LAS VEGAS - Timothy Bradley won a fight he needed badly Saturday night, stopping Brandon Rios in the ninth round to stake his claim for a title in a welterweight division that is wide open following the retirement of Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Stallone still packs punch with Rocky fans ahead of 'Creed' Updated: Nov-06-15 5:32 pm
PHILADELPHIA - There's a scene in "Creed" where the latest brash boxer who challenges the upstart protege of Rocky Balboa barks, "No one cares about Balboa anymore!"
- Andre Ward pulls out of scheduled Nov. 21 fight in Las Vegas Updated: Nov-04-15 11:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - Two-time world champion Andre Ward pulled out of his scheduled Nov. 21 fight on Wednesday because of inflammation and pain in his right knee.
- Lebedev beats Kayode to retain WBA cruiserweight belt Updated: Nov-04-15 1:16 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Russia*s Denis Lebedev retained his WBA cruiserweight title Wednesday with a win by stoppage over previously undefeated Nigerian Lateef Kayode.