- Canelo Alvarez wants to put Mayweather in past Updated: Mar-07-14 6:44 pm
- Feds: Boxing champ Molina was deported in 2006 Updated: Mar-07-14 4:14 pm
- Mayweather-Maidana fight set for MGM Grand Updated: Mar-05-14 8:20 pm
- Crawford wins WBO lightweight boxing title Updated: Mar-02-14 1:03 pm
- Chavez Jr. unanimously outpointed Vera Updated: Mar-02-14 1:02 am
- Salido outpoints Lomachenko in featherweight bout Updated: Mar-01-14 11:50 pm
- Abraham beats Stieglitz for WBO super middle belt Updated: Mar-01-14 7:17 pm
- Casal's fight cancelled after Moore fails physical Updated: Feb-27-14 3:15 pm
- Muhammad Ali floats, stings and now tweets Updated: Feb-27-14 3:33 am
- Mayweather set to face Maidana on May 3 Updated: Feb-25-14 11:32 am
- Casal returning to ring after near-fatal assault Updated: Feb-23-14 5:06 pm
- When Beatles met boxer who'd become Muhammad Ali Updated: Feb-22-14 12:34 pm
- Becoming Ali: Fight 50 years ago launched icon Updated: Feb-22-14 12:26 pm
- Martinez to defend 160-pound title against Cotto Updated: Feb-20-14 12:03 pm
- Pacquiao, Bradley face enhanced testing in Vegas Updated: Feb-14-14 1:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - Canelo Alvarez gets a pass, if only because everyone who fights Floyd Mayweather Jr. gets a pass.
LAS VEGAS - U.S. immigration officials say IBF light middleweight champion Carlos Molina was deported once before, and faces removal again following his arrest in Las Vegas ahead of a scheduled weekend fight.
LAS VEGAS - Floyd Mayweather revealed on Twitter that his May 3 fight against WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana will take place at the MGM Grand.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Boxer Terence Crawford is bringing the WBO lightweight title home to Omaha.
SAN ANTONIO - Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. unanimously outpointed Bryan Vera in a super middleweight rematch Saturday night at the Alamodome, rebounding from perhaps the worst performance of his career.
SAN ANTONIO - Mexico's Orlando Salido outpointed two-time Olympic champion Vasyl Lomachenko in a featherweight bout Saturday night at the Alamodome after losing his WBO title when he failed to make weight.
MAGDEBURG, Germany - Arthur Abraham defeated Robert Stieglitz by split decision on Saturday in their third bout, winning back the WBO super middleweight title he lost to his fellow German in March last year.
BUFFALO, New York - Light welterweight boxer Nick Casal's long-awaited return to the ring Thursday night was put on hold after Shakha Moore failed his pre-fight physical because of an eye condition.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Before Cassius Clay fought Sonny Liston for the world heavyweight title, the Louisville boxer said he could "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee." Fifty years later, Muhammad Ali is using another winged creature, the blue Twitter bird, to reach his fans.
LAS VEGAS - Floyd Mayweather is scheduled to face WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana on May 3 in a bout to unify their 147-pound titles.
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - There's a thunderbolt-shaped scar on the back of Nick Casal's head, and a poster promoting a title fight that never occurred on the wall next to the light welterweight's practice ring.
It's hard to imagine now: barely having a clue who the Beatles were, or the man who would become Muhammad Ali.
Nobody knew quite what to make of the handsome young boxer whose mouth seemed to be his greatest weapon. What they did know was that Cassius Clay didn't stand a chance.
NEW YORK - Miguel Cotto will move up in weight to challenge Sergio Martinez of Argentina for his piece of the middleweight title June 7 at Madison Square Garden, promoters announced Thursday.