- High school student balances schoolwork, sports, being teen Updated: Aug-01-15 11:46 am
FRANKLIN, Kentucky - Fifteen-year-old junior Maddie Alexander plays four sports for Franklin-Simpson High School: soccer, cross country, basketball and track.
- Confident Arians aims for the top as Cardinals open camp Updated: Jul-31-15 9:21 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Coach Bruce Arians says he has one expectation for the Arizona Cardinals - a Super Bowl championship.
- Washington St's Leach ready for another entertaining season Updated: Jul-31-15 8:05 pm
BURBANK, California - Looking for a date in the greater Spokane area? Washington State coach Mike Leach has a few ideas.
- Northwestern QB competition guaranteed to make friends Updated: Jul-31-15 7:32 pm
CHICAGO - Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald is looking for a starting quarterback, not "Mr. Congeniality."
- Bengals want Dalton to be more of a leader this year Updated: Jul-31-15 7:18 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Bengals want quarterback Andy Dalton to be more of a leader in their quest for an elusive playoff win. So far, no complaints.
- Fired Mexican soccer coach probed for political tweets Updated: Jul-31-15 7:09 pm
MEXICO CITY - The trouble isn't over for fired Mexico national soccer team coach Miguel Herrera. He is now under investigation for possible violations of electoral laws for politically oriented tweets sent the day of June 7 midterm elections, authorities said Friday.
- Georgetown track coach resigns following investigations Updated: Jul-31-15 6:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Georgetown has announced the resignation of the director of its track and field and cross country programs following investigations of reports of hazing and sexual misconduct.
- Ex-coach rejoins Oklahoma City soccer team after acquittal Updated: Jul-31-15 6:29 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A former Oklahoma City soccer coach who was accused in the death of an off-duty police officer in England plans to rejoin the organization after he was cleared of all charges.
- Column: Harbaugh is... 'The Most Interesting Man in Big Ten' Updated: Jul-31-15 6:15 pm
CHICAGO - Compared to the rest of Jim Harbaugh's year, this was tame stuff.
- Chizik returns to coaching to fix Tar Heels' woeful defense Updated: Jul-31-15 6:04 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - Gene Chizik built one of the nation's top defenses as an Auburn assistant, worked as defensive coordinator during Texas' national-championship run then returned to the Tigers to win another title as head coach.
- Ryan: Bills hiring Pat Meyer has no ties to Kromer's status Updated: Jul-31-15 4:41 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - Buffalo Bills coach Rex Ryan says Pat Meyer's addition to his staff has nothing to do with offensive line coach Aaron Kromer being placed on paid leave for allegedly punching a boy in Florida.
- Lieberman hired by Kings as NBA's second female assistant Updated: Jul-31-15 4:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - New Sacramento Kings assistant Nancy Lieberman recalls a conversation with Pat Riley a couple of years back when she explained to the Miami Heat executive how much she wanted to keep coaching at basketball's highest level.
- Falcons' Quinn brings hands-on approach to training camp Updated: Jul-31-15 3:50 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Dan Quinn brought a hands-on coaching style to his first Atlanta Falcons' training camp on Friday.
- Spain replaces women's soccer coach Quereda after 27 years Updated: Jul-31-15 2:28 pm
MADRID - Spain's national women's soccer team has a new coach for the first time in 27 years after Jorge Vilda was hired to replace Ignacio Quereda, who had been in charge since 1988.
- Winthrop tennis coach resigns due to immigration issues Updated: Jul-31-15 1:26 pm
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Winthrop men's tennis coach Sergey Belov has resigned because of what the school said were issues with his immigration status.
- Pittsburgh extends McConnell-Serio's contract through 2021 Updated: Jul-31-15 1:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh and women's basketball coach Suzie McConnell-Serio have reached an agreement on a new contract that will run through the 2020-21 season.
- Ex-coach's name goes on new Southern Miss academic center Updated: Jul-31-15 10:25 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A new academic center for student-athletes at the University of Southern Mississippi will be named for former football coach Jeff Bower.
- Ohio State trademarks name of football coach Urban Meyer Updated: Jul-31-15 6:47 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State University is taking steps to ensure the name of football coach Urban Meyer doesn't show up on knock-off apparel.
- Louisiana-Monroe names Baldwin as new men's golf coach Updated: Jul-31-15 4:09 am
MONROE, Louisiana - Bringing 27 years of Division I head coaching experience to the University of Louisiana at Monroe, Tim Baldwin has been hired as head coach of the men's golf program.
- Suns make series of coaching, front-office moves Updated: Jul-30-15 9:27 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns have added Nate Bjorkgren and former NBA players Earl Watson and Corey Gaines to Jeff Hornacek's coaching staff and shifted Mark West from the bench back to the front office as vice president of player relations.
- RB Barrs-Woods to play big role for Oregon State this fall Updated: Jul-30-15 5:54 pm
BURBANK, California - Oregon State running back Storm Barrs-Woods is going to be busy this fall.
- UCLA's Mora: Diddy's son still on football team after dustup Updated: Jul-30-15 5:10 pm
BURBANK, California - After a tumultuous offseason at UCLA, coach Jim Mora and the Bruins are eager to get back to football.
- Iowa Energy hire Nicki Gross as assistant coach Updated: Jul-30-15 12:42 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Nicki Gross has been named an assistant coach with the Iowa Energy, making her the only female to fill that role in the NBA D-League.
- Steve Kerr announces Warriors coaching staff for next season Updated: Jul-29-15 6:41 pm
OAKLAND, California - Coach Steve Kerr of the reigning NBA champion Golden State Warriors is bringing back his entire coaching staff except for departed Alvin Gentry, new coach of the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Coaches, doctors are top earners at University of California Updated: Jul-29-15 5:22 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The University of California had 28 employees who made more than $1 million last year - an elite group comprised of athletic coaches, doctors and hospital chief executives.