- Iowa beats Oregon 3-1 in NCAA regional opener Updated: May-29-15 6:17 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Tyler Peyton limited Oregon to one run in 7 1-3 innings to help second-seeded Iowa beat the third-seeded Ducks 3-1 on Friday in their NCAA regional opener.
- Kendall Patrick powers Michigan past Bradley, 10-5 Updated: May-29-15 6:12 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kendall Patrick hit two two-run homers and had a career-high five RBIs to lead Michigan to a 10-5 victory over Bradley in their NCAA regional opener Friday.
- Columbia rallies past East Carolina 6-3 in NCAA regional Updated: May-29-15 5:24 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Columbia used a five-run sixth inning to rally past East Carolina 6-3 in the opener of the NCAA regional on Friday.
- SEC's Slive steps down amid record revenue, new conduct rule Updated: May-29-15 5:18 pm
DESTIN, Florida - Southeastern Conference Commissioner Mike Slive unexpectedly stepped down Friday, just minutes after announcing record revenue and a groundbreaking rule.
- California beats Coastal Carolina 9-3 in NCAA opener Updated: May-29-15 5:13 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Daulton Jefferies limited Coastal Carolina to a run over seven innings and third-seeded California beat the second-seeded Chanticleers 9-3 on Friday in their NCAA regional opener.
- Arkansas beats Oral Roberts 8-6 in NCAA opener Updated: May-29-15 5:02 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Andrew Benintendi doubled down the right-field line in the bottom of the sixth inning to give Arkansas the lead and the Razorbacks went on to beat Oral Roberts 8-6 on Friday in the their opening NCAA regional game.
- Notre Dame beats Wright State 13-7 in regional Updated: May-29-15 5:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Ryan Bull had a home run and two doubles to lead Notre Dame past Wright State 13-7 on Friday in the first game of an NCAA regional.
- Notre Dame routs Wright State 13-7 Updated: May-29-15 5:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Ryan Bull had a home run and two doubles to help Notre Dame rout Wright State 13-7 on Friday in the first game of the NCAA's Champaign regional.
- South Florida tops Florida Atlantic 5-3 Updated: May-29-15 4:59 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Kyle Teaf had two triples and two RBIs, leading South Florida to a 5-3 victory against Florida Atlantic on Friday in the Gainesville Regional.
- Coaches blast new NCAA eligibility standards Updated: May-29-15 4:00 pm
A new organization of minority coaches on Friday sharply criticized NCAA eligibility standards set to take effect next year for incoming freshmen, saying they will deny too many athletes the opportunity to go to college.
- ODU men's coach Jeff Jones to have prostate cancer surgery Updated: May-29-15 3:18 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Old Dominion men's basketball coach Jeff Jones has prostate cancer and will undergo surgery on Monday.
- Staley, South Carolina sign Georgia Tech transfer in Davis Updated: May-29-15 2:36 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina coach Dawn Staley has added a second-high profile transfer from the Atlantic Coast Conference in high-scoring Georgia Tech guard Kaela Davis.
- Padres' home field to host college hoops game in December Updated: May-29-15 1:48 pm
SAN DIEGO - Play ball! Uh, basketball that is.
- College basketball player drowns in Indiana reservoir Updated: May-29-15 12:46 pm
CICERO, Indiana - A University of Indianapolis basketball player drowned after he fell into an Indiana reservoir without a lifejacket, investigators said Friday.
- VCU forward says he's transferring to UConn Updated: May-29-15 9:17 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - VCU forward Terry Larrier says he's transferring to UConn.
- Wilson replaces Swinney as speaker at Palmetto Family event Updated: May-29-15 7:40 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson will speak at an event sponsored by a group that opposes gay marriage next week after Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney canceled.
- Former UND standout Buck signs with pro team in Germany Updated: May-29-15 7:33 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Former University of North Dakota women's basketball standout Madi Buck has signed a professional contract with a team in Germany.
- UND defenseman Jordan Schmaltz signs with St. Louis Blues Updated: May-29-15 7:11 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota hockey defenseman Jordan Schmaltz is skipping his senior season to turn pro.
- Big 12 future sites familiar for basketball, baseball Updated: May-28-15 9:18 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Big 12 is keeping its men's basketball tournament in Kansas City through at least 2020, and the conference plans play the baseball and for women's basketball tournaments in Oklahoma City for multiple years.
- 'Win for Gwynn' keeps driving Aztecs heading into regionals Updated: May-28-15 8:51 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego State Aztecs are never far from reminders of their late coach, whether it's the bobblehead in the dugout or the images of the Hall of Famer on the outfield wall at Tony Gwynn Stadium.
- Indiana reconciles with 10 players who boycotted in '69 Updated: May-28-15 7:05 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana says it has reconciled with and welcomed back 10 football players who boycotted the last three games in 1969 because the coaching staff would not adequately address their concerns about unequal treatment on the basis of race.
- SEC increases permanent home-and-home rivals in basketball Updated: May-28-15 7:00 pm
Kentucky will play Florida, Tennessee and Vanderbilt twice a season every season in the Southeastern Conference's new basketball schedule format that increases the number of permanent home-and-home opponents from one to three.
- Team releases Rutgers football player charged in robbery Updated: May-28-15 6:59 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers University in New Jersey has dismissed a football player from the team who was arrested on a robbery charge last weekend in Florida.
- Arkansas-Little Rock announces transfer to Trojan program Updated: May-28-15 6:52 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas at Little Rock has announced the transfer of a 6-foot-10-inch forward from Wake Forest to the Trojan program.
- 9 Clemson teams post 3.0 GPAs in spring Updated: May-28-15 6:47 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - The University Office of Institutional Research at Clemson says nine of the school's athletic teams finished the spring semester with grade point averages of 3.0 or better.