- Jack Riley, coach of 1st US hockey team to win gold, dies Updated: Feb-04-16 8:42 am
WEST POINT, New York - Jack Riley, a former Army hockey coach who guided the U.S. team to its first Olympic gold medal in 1960, has died. He was 95.
- Va. Tech murder suspects left few clues to possible motives Updated: Feb-04-16 8:17 am
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Less than a year ago, David Eisenhauer smiled confidently into a television news camera, discussing his athletic and academic aspirations for a weekly feature on high school athletes in the Baltimore area.
- South Dakota State football team adds players from 10 states Updated: Feb-04-16 7:39 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - The South Dakota State University football team added 28 players during national signing day.
- 5-time defending FCS champion NDSU adds 26 recruits Updated: Feb-04-16 7:09 am
FARGO, North Dakota - The five-time defending national champion North Dakota State University football team added 26 players during national signing day.
- Recruiting continues, several top 2017 QBs already committed Updated: Feb-04-16 2:55 am
Signing day 2016 is in the books, and the race for top 2017 quarterback prospects began long before it ended.
- Murray scores 34, Washington holds off Arizona St 95-83 Updated: Feb-04-16 2:52 am
SEATTLE - Despite all the whistles and stoppages of play, Washington's Dejounte Murray would not be stopped.
- Anderson leads No. 23 Arizona to 79-64 win over Cougars Updated: Feb-04-16 1:39 am
PULLMAN, Washington - Ryan Anderson brought back memories of Arizona greats of the past.
- No. 21 Wichita State runs away from Southern Illinois, 76-55 Updated: Feb-04-16 1:18 am
WICHITA, Kansas - There were many reasons Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson could point to in trying to explain how his team, tied for second in the Missouri Valley Conference, has lost to Wichita State twice this season, each time by more than 20 points.
- Williams layup lifts Texas Tech over Oklahoma State in OT Updated: Feb-04-16 12:52 am
LUBBOCK, Texas - Coming out of a timeout with 11.5 seconds left in overtime, Texas Tech's Devaugntah Williams leaned into teammate Aaron Ross.
- Missouri's Odom adds 2 RBs in first recruiting class Updated: Feb-04-16 12:52 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Barry Odom has filled a sudden vacancy at quarterback and Missouri's new coach said on-campus turmoil was no factor in assembling his first recruiting class.
- UC Irvine holds on for 78-72 win over Cal Poly in OT Updated: Feb-04-16 12:48 am
SAN LUIS OBISPO, California - Mamadou Ndiaye made a 3-point play with 36 seconds to go in overtime to give UC Irvine the lead for good in a 78-72 win over Cal Poly on Wednesday night.
- Late turnovers help CS Northridge edge UC Riverside 73-71 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:33 am
RIVERSIDE, California - Micheal Warren had 25 points, and Cal State Northridge built a big first-half lead and held on to beat UC Riverside 73-71 on Wednesday night.
- San Jose State dumps Fresno State 65-53 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:24 am
SAN JOSE, California - Freshman Brandon Clarke had a career-high 15 rebounds and 14 points to record his third double-double in the last seven games as San Jose State beat Fresno State 65-53 Wednesday night.
- Moody gets 23 in Mississippi's 76-73 win over Missouri Updated: Feb-04-16 12:18 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri made Stefan Moody work for his points. Not quite hard enough, as it turned out.
- Ellis helps No. 7 Kansas pull away from Kansas State, 77-59 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:13 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas coach Bill Self was only slightly happier Wednesday night than Kansas State counterpart Bruce Weber, and the only reason for that was his seventh-ranked Jayhawks had won.
- Boston University upends Navy 83-72 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:07 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - John Papale scored 18 points and Kyle Foreman 17, and Boston University beat Navy 83-72 on Wednesday night.
- Stone, Trimble lift No. 4 Maryland to 70-65 win over Huskers Updated: Feb-04-16 12:02 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Maryland found itself in yet another close game, and once again the Terrapins hung on to win.
- Breanna Stewart, top-ranked UConn overwhelm Tulane 96-38 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:39 pm
NEW ORLEANS - It took UConn star Breanna Stewart all of 11 seconds to recognize a soft spot in Tulane's zone defense and start exploiting it to devastating effect.
- UCLA gets tougher, bounces back with elite recruiting class Updated: Feb-03-16 11:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - UCLA was pushed around in losses to rival Southern California to end the regular season and Nebraska in the Foster Farms Bowl. Coach Jim Mora believes the Bruins started the process of pushing back by adding a 29-man recruiting class Wednesday with an emphasis on physicality.
- Hot-shooting No. 3 Villanova takes down Creighton 83-58 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:31 pm
VILLANOVA, Pennsylvania - With its senior center out of for a second straight game with a concussion, No. 3 Villanova knew it would have to rely on outside shooting.
- American pulls away from Bucknell late in 69-55 win Updated: Feb-03-16 11:29 pm
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Delante Jones scored 18 points and James Washington added 12 to lead American to its fifth-straight win as it beat Bucknell 69-55 Wednesday night.
- Jensen leads No. 25 Oklahoma St. past No. 20 Oklahoma 71-69 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:29 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Most of Oklahoma State's players were in diapers the last time the Cowgirls won a road game against rival Oklahoma.
- Jones perfect for No. 4 Baylor in 87-52 win over K-State Updated: Feb-03-16 11:21 pm
WACO, Texas - Alexis Jones had a perfect night shooting and then got to sit back and watch the fourth quarter with other Baylor starters.
- Whitehead scores 21, Seton Hall downs Marquette 79-62 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:14 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Isaiah Whitehead scored 21 points and made eight assists and Seton Hall beat Marquette 79-62 on Wednesday night to win its third-straight game.
- Illinois State beats Loyola of Chicago 78-70 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:14 pm
CHICAGO - MiKyle McIntosh scored 21 points and grabbed six rebounds as Illinois State beat Loyola of Chicago 78-70 on Wednesday night.