- Peyton Manning speaking at Freed-Hardeman Benefit Dinner Updated: May-03-16 4:09 am
HENDERSON, Tennessee - The NFL's recently retired Peyton Manning is speaking this fall at the Freed-Hardeman University Benefit Dinner to raise money for student scholarships.
- Vikings decline 5th-year option on WR Cordarrelle Patterson Updated: May-02-16 10:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings have spent about a year sending gifted but flighty receiver and kick returner Cordarrelle Patterson messages that he needs to buckle down and come to training camp prepared to earn a spot.
- Study: Football concussions and resuming play vary by age Updated: May-02-16 9:50 pm
CHICAGO - Younger football players are more likely to return to the field less than a day after suffering concussions than those in high school and college, according to a new study.
- The Latest: Trump says Indiana win means 'it's over' Updated: May-02-16 8:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the 2016 presidential race on the eve of Indiana's primary (all times EDT):
- Alabama QB among 16 Cardinals rookie free agents Updated: May-02-16 8:14 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Alabama quarterback Jake Coker is among 16 undrafted rookie free agents to agree to terms with the Arizona Cardinals.
- 9 years after Chief's end, Illinois looks for mascot Updated: May-02-16 7:38 pm
URBANA, Illinois - Nine years after it retired Chief Illiniwek under pressure from the NCAA, the University of Illinois will begin the search for a new mascot, interim Chancellor Barbara Wilson said Monday.
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season Updated: May-02-16 6:57 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State has announced that Xavier Rathan-Mayes will return to the court for his junior season. The 6-foot-4 guard declared for the NBA draft last month but did not hire an agent.
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State Updated: May-02-16 6:39 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama has signed graduate transfer Corban Collins from Morehead State.
- After strides at Michigan, Rudock gets NFL shot with Lions Updated: May-02-16 6:27 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - After his first game at Michigan last season, it was hard to tell if Jake Rudock would even make it through the year as the starting quarterback, much less play his way into an NFL opportunity.
- WVU Coliseum reopens 3 days after asbestos found Updated: May-02-16 5:45 pm
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - West Virginia University's basketball arena has reopened three days after asbestos was detected in materials that were exposed during construction activities.
- Bills agree to sign 14 undrafted rookies, including Striker Updated: May-02-16 5:26 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - As Oklahoma linebacker Eric Striker predicted in an emotional speech made to family and friends after going undrafted last weekend, the sun has risen on his opportunity to pursue an NFL career.
- Montana State names Kyle Brennan as new athletic director Updated: May-02-16 5:15 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Utah associate athletic director Kyle Brennan has been named the new athletic director at Montana State, President Waded Cruzado announced Monday.
- Prison time set for child prostitution tied to NCAA event Updated: May-02-16 5:07 pm
ATLANTA - Authorities say four people convicted of sex trafficking three girls during the 2013 NCAA Final Four held in Atlanta have been sentenced to prison time.
- Former Bismarck volleyball coach alleges gender bias Updated: May-02-16 4:24 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A women's volleyball coach who was fired from a private Catholic university in Bismarck after less than a year on the job says the school opted to get rid of her rather than investigate her complaints about gender bias.
- 4 Auburn football players arrested on marijuana charges Updated: May-02-16 4:15 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Four Auburn football players have been arrested on misdemeanor drug charges, including starting cornerback Carlton Davis.
- Travis Roy inducted into the Maine Sports Hall of Fame Updated: May-02-16 3:19 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A former Boston University hockey player who was left paralyzed after his first game has been inducted into the Maine Sports Hall of Fame.
- Vikings undrafted rookies include Cockran, Stave Updated: May-02-16 2:51 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings have signed 10 undrafted free agents, including two area prospects: Minnesota defensive end Theiren Cockran and Wisconsin quarterback Joel Stave.
- Jerry Sandusky presses appeal, wants to question witnesses Updated: May-02-16 2:06 pm
BELLEFONTE, Pennsylvania - Jerry Sandusky's effort to get his child molestation convictions thrown out ran into tough questioning Monday from a judge who voiced doubt about defense lawyers are entitled to question witnesses - including some of the former Penn State assistant football coach's victims.
- 'Oi Oi Oi!': SMU signs 2nd Australian for men's basketball Updated: May-02-16 12:33 pm
DALLAS - SMU has signed a second player from Australia to a national letter of intent for the upcoming men's basketball season.
- Ohio State football will play 4 consecutive night games Updated: May-02-16 11:47 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State will play nationally televised night games in four consecutive weeks next season.
- Nebraska road games vs. Wisconsin, Ohio St. to be at night Updated: May-02-16 11:17 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's Big Ten road football games against Wisconsin and Ohio State have been selected for prime-time telecasts by the ESPN family of networks.
- Montana players drafted, signed with NFL teams Updated: May-02-16 10:54 am
HELENA, Montana - Two athletes who played college football in Montana were drafted by NFL teams over the weekend, while three signed free agent contracts and two others received rookie camp invitations.
- Troy University football player killed in motorcycle crash Updated: May-02-16 9:21 am
GULF SHORES, Alabama - A Troy University football player has died following a motorcycle crash in Alabama.
- Razorbacks fall to Texas A&M at home in baseball Updated: May-02-16 9:07 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas gave up four unearned runs to Texas A&M as the Razorbacks lost 6-2 at home in baseball on Sunday.
- 2 more UND hockey underclassmen leaving for the NHL Updated: May-02-16 6:28 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Two more underclassmen on the national champion University of North Dakota men's hockey team are leaving for the professional ranks.