- Pinehurst only the start of men's, women's doubles Updated: Mar-11-14 8:14 pm
- Panther sues IndyCar, Rahal over sponsorship Updated: Feb-28-14 6:17 pm
- AP Sources: Woods to get new sponsor for PGA event Updated: Feb-28-14 2:19 am
- Travelers extends tournament sponsorship to 2024 Updated: Feb-27-14 2:08 pm
- Travelers extends PGA Tour sponsorship 10 years Updated: Feb-27-14 12:10 pm
- Brazilian city scrambling to guarantee fanfest Updated: Feb-27-14 11:30 am
- Cassill lands Fuhu as sponsor for 2014 Updated: Feb-22-14 6:24 pm
- Jamaican bobsled team faces uncertain future Updated: Feb-22-14 12:30 pm
- As IPO looms, GoPro enjoys spotlight Updated: Feb-21-14 4:34 pm
- Liberty Bowl, AutoZone extend sponsorship deal Updated: Feb-21-14 2:31 pm
- Going for gold: Olympic ad winners and losers Updated: Feb-20-14 6:55 pm
- Darlington signs sponsor for Nationwide race Updated: Feb-20-14 4:26 pm
- Kligerman lands sponsor for Daytona 500 Updated: Feb-20-14 2:46 pm
- Dillon gets sponsorship from American Ethanol Updated: Feb-20-14 2:18 pm
- Under Armour stumbles in Olympic sponsorship Updated: Feb-18-14 5:35 pm
- Olympians tiptoe around sponsorship ban Updated: Feb-18-14 8:52 am
- Some sponsors compose Olympians' tweets Updated: Feb-16-14 10:25 am
- Correction: Putin On Tour story Updated: Feb-16-14 10:06 am
- Tweet this: Olympians turn medals into buzz, money Updated: Feb-14-14 7:58 am
- Marketing execs: Let Sam's play speak for him Updated: Feb-11-14 2:06 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Brand police Updated: Feb-10-14 12:08 pm
- Verizon Wireless to sponsor 8 of Montoya's races Updated: Feb-10-14 8:05 am
PALM HARBOR, Florida - NCAA and Olympic officials might want to pay close attention to two weeks at Pinehurst No. 2 this summer, when the U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open are held on the same course.
INDIANAPOLIS - Panther Racing has sued Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, IndyCar and others, saying it lost a $17.2 million sponsorship with the Army National Guard because of bid-rigging and other improprieties.
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Florida - The PGA Tour is closing on a deal for Detroit-based Quicken Loans to become title sponsor of Tiger Woods' tournament at Congressional, The Associated Press has learned.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Travelers insurance company announced Thursday it has extended its sponsorship of the Travelers Championship golf tournament for 10 years, keeping the PGA Tour even in Connecticut through 2024.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The PGA Tour has received another long contract extension with The Travelers Companies announcing a 10-year extension as title sponsor.
SAO PAULO - The World Cup host city of Recife is scrambling to find private partners to organize the FIFA-required fanfest during the tournament.
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Landon Cassill has landed another sponsor for the Daytona 500.
SOCHI, Russia - The Jamaican bobsled team was the life of the party once again at the Winter Olympics, laughing and joking its way through a trip to Sochi that was fraught with enough financial hardship and travel hijinks to film a sequel to "Cool Runnings."
NEW YORK - GoPro isn't exactly a household name, but anyone who's spent a little time on YouTube is surely familiar with the thousands of snowboarding, surfing and even skateboarding baby videos that its cameras produce.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Liberty Bowl has extended its title sponsorship deal with AutoZone through the 2019 season.
NEW YORK - The pressure to win during the 2014 Sochi Olympics is nearly as intense for marketers as it is for the athletes themselves.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Darlington Raceway has partnered with Sport Clips Haircuts to sponsor the track's NASCAR Nationwide Series race through 2016.
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - One day after flipping his car for the first time in his career, rookie Parker Kligerman landed a sponsor for the Daytona 500.
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Daytona 500 pole-sitter Austin Dillon is getting another sponsor.
NEW YORK - The 2014 Sochi Olympics were expected to be a triumphant moment for the U.S. speedskating team - and the squad's sponsor, Under Armour.
SOCHI, Russia - Want to see the glasses and goggles that aerials skier Lydia Lassila and snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis wore at the Sochi Olympics? If you go to the website of the company that manufactures their eyewear, you might be in for a shock.
SOCHI, Russia - Between photos and insights about their Olympic experience, some Olympians are turning over their social media accounts to sponsors, agreeing to quotas of postings on Twitter and Facebook and letting other people send commercial messages in their name.
SOCHI, Russia - In a story Feb. 15 about Russian President Vladimir Putin's visit to USA House at the Sochi Olympics, The Associated Press reported erroneously the U.S. men's hockey team beat the Soviets to win the gold medal at the 1980 Games in Lake Placid. Team USA beat the Soviets in the first game of the medal round, winning the gold in a second medal-round game against Finland.
SOCHI, Russia - When Jenny Jones won Olympic bronze at the Sochi Games, her following on Twitter exploded. The audience for @jennyjonessnow has grown 10-fold, to 65,000 followers, in the three weeks since the British snowboarder tweeted: "Just found out I officially made the GB winter Olympic team. Whoop!"
Any NFL team that drafts Michael Sam will be taking on much more than a rookie pass-rusher.
SOCHI, Russia - It's hard to find fruit on the menu in Sochi's Olympic Park - and Apples are definitely not welcome.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Roger Penske wasn't worried about finding a sponsor for Juan Pablo Montoya when he signed him, believing there would be interest in the Colombian's return to open wheel racing.