- Adidas, Kia don't join US brands in demanding Blatter quits Updated: Oct-03-15 7:39 am
ZURICH - Clinging to power after rebuffing resignation demands, Sepp Blatter received some respite Saturday when two sponsors declined to join four other FIFA corporate backers in demanding the president of world soccer's governing body goes before the emergency election in February.
- Swiss agree to extradite Costa Rican to US in FIFA case Updated: Sep-29-15 10:21 am
BERN, Switzerland - Switzerland's justice ministry on Tuesday granted an American request to extradite former Costa Rican soccer federation president Eduardo Li in the FIFA bribery case.
- FIFA bans ex-VP Warner for life over repeated misconduct Updated: Sep-29-15 7:24 am
ZURICH - FIFA has banned former vice president Jack Warner for life over misconduct following an investigation into the bidding contest for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
- A quick Q&A on issues ahead for FIFA, Blatter and Platini Updated: Sep-25-15 6:21 pm
ZURICH - FIFA sank deeper into a crisis on Friday that threatened to take down the two most powerful men in world football.
- Trinidad delays extradition hearing on Jack Warner FIFA case Updated: Sep-25-15 3:56 pm
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - Authorities in Trinidad postponed a hearing on Friday to determine whether the U.S. will have to restart extradition proceedings against former FIFA Vice President Jack Warner in an international soccer corruption case.
- FIFA makes decisions before Blatter is interrogated Updated: Sep-25-15 11:44 am
ZURICH - Despite hastily canceling a news conference scheduled with President Sepp Blatter after the surprise arrival of Swiss federal police at its headquarters, FIFA did make some decisions during its two-day executive committee meeting that ended Friday.
- China to indict FIBA official Xiao Tian Updated: Sep-24-15 5:39 am
BEIJING - A senior Chinese sports official who also is a vice president of basketball's international body FIBA will face criminal indictment in China after he was stripped of membership of China's ruling party and all official duties.
- South Africa: Opposition asks police to investigate WCup bid Updated: Sep-21-15 8:56 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - The chief organizer of South Africa's 2010 World Cup was one of two senior soccer officials named Monday in a criminal complaint alleging corruption in the FIFA vote to decide the tournament host.
- Singaporean jailed 4 years for soccer match-fixing Updated: Sep-21-15 3:52 am
SINGAPORE - A supervisor at a construction company with a match-fixing history was on Monday sentenced to four years in jail for bribing a foreign coach and players in Singapore an attempt to rig a preliminary Southeast Asian Games soccer match.
- Blatter rallies FIFA staff after cutting ties with Valcke Updated: Sep-18-15 12:09 pm
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter tried to rally the troops at FIFA headquarters after the suspension of his top deputy, insisting soccer's embattled world governing body would withstand the latest wave of corruption allegations.
- Roma owner believes 'big guy' Dzeko is key to winning title Updated: Sep-15-15 10:39 am
ROME - Roma owner James Pallotta believes striker Edin Dzeko holds the key to winning Serie A again.
- Numbers stack up in American, Swiss FIFA corruption cases Updated: Sep-14-15 4:14 pm
ZURICH - Four months after stunning arrests and raids rocked FIFA, there could yet be four years until the final criminal trial is heard.
- Lynch: more arrests expected in FIFA corruption probe Updated: Sep-14-15 1:07 pm
ZURICH - FIFA and embattled President Sepp Blatter faced more pressure on Monday as U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch warned of new indictments in a widening investigation of corruption in international soccer.
- Ex FIFA adviser: Blatter faces scrutiny for TV rights deal Updated: Sep-14-15 6:55 am
ZURICH - FIFA President Sepp Blatter should face a criminal investigation for selling under-valued World Cup television rights to Jack Warner, the governing body's former anti-corruption adviser said Monday.
- Prep football team returns to action after hazing scandal Updated: Sep-12-15 4:30 pm
SAYREVILLE, New Jersey - The New Jersey high school football team that had its season cut short last year amid hazing allegations that led to charges against seven players has emerged victorious in its return to the field.
- The Latest on NFL opener: Tomlin says Pats radio on headset Updated: Sep-11-15 12:16 am
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The Latest on the NFL's season opener, Steelers-Patriots (all times local):
- 2 Polish tennis players suspended in corruption cases Updated: Sep-10-15 1:31 pm
LONDON - Two Polish tennis players have been suspended and fined for violating the sport's anti-corruption rules.
- After FIFA scandals, proposals by FIFA reform adviser Scala Updated: Sep-10-15 12:26 pm
GENEVA - Many have urged FIFA to change its ways. Few have succeeded.
- FIFA adviser urges presidential term limits to force change Updated: Sep-10-15 10:31 am
GENEVA - Imposing term limits on FIFA presidents and top officials is key to changing soccer's governing body, according to reform adviser Domenico Scala.
- Prince Ali of Jordan announces bid for FIFA president Updated: Sep-09-15 3:03 pm
AMMAN, Jordan - Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan is running for FIFA president, saying Wednesday he will fight "deep-seated corruption and political deal-making" and make soccer's scandal-scarred governing body more transparent.
- Patriots apply to reinstate 'Deflator' and other ballboy Updated: Sep-09-15 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - The New England Patriots have asked the NFL to reinstate the suspended employees at the heart of the scandal that came to be known as "Deflategate."
- Crowded contest for FIFA top job as Prince Ali makes 2nd bid Updated: Sep-09-15 12:18 pm
GENEVA - FIFA presidential contender Prince Ali bin al-Hussein has launched his second bid for football's top office into a more crowded field.
- Update: Where NFL scandals stand with 2015 season on tap Updated: Sep-09-15 4:53 am
Without the games to distract from the issues, fans had more time to ponder the NFL's discipline policies, its commissioner and its overall credibility during an uncomfortable offseason.
- Italy's Serie B to introduce green cards for fair play Updated: Sep-04-15 1:24 pm
MILAN - Dragged down by fan violence and match-fixing in recent seasons, Italy's Serie B is introducing virtual green cards to award instances of fair play on the pitch.
- The Latest: Falcons owner says Goodell protecting rights Updated: Sep-03-15 7:23 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on a federal judge's decision to overturn the NFL's four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" scandal (all times Eastern):