- South Africa: 4 top sports banned from hosting tournaments Updated: Apr-25-16 11:31 am
Four of South Africa's leading sports federations were on Monday banned by the sports minister from bidding for or hosting major international events for at least a year over their failures to create enough opportunities for black players.
- India revokes passport of tycoon who owes $1 billion Updated: Apr-24-16 5:12 am
NEW DELHI - India on Sunday revoked the passport of a flamboyant Indian businessman accused of fleeing to London in March while owing more than a billion dollars to Indian banks.
- As India reels from drought, gov't slammed for poor policies Updated: Apr-14-16 9:54 pm
SHAHAPUR, India - Shantabai Babulkar's day begins before dawn with a 5 kilometer (3 mile) trek across barren fields and dusty scrubland to fetch water from a distant well for her family.
- England batsman Taylor retires due to heart condition Updated: Apr-12-16 6:10 am
NOTTINGHAM, England - England batsman James Taylor has been forced to retire from cricket at the age of 26 after being diagnosed with a serious heart condition.
- Former West Indies cricketer deported from New Zealand Updated: Apr-12-16 4:30 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Former West Indies test cricketer Franklyn Rose was deported from New Zealand on Tuesday after being held in prison five weeks for overstaying a work visa.
- Column: Athletes are actors in sports' tragedies Updated: Apr-06-16 7:04 pm
PARIS - By the fourth round it already was clear - although not to Nick Blackwell himself - that he was going to lose. Chris Eubank Jnr.'s uppercuts were snapping Blackwell's head violently backward, like a crash-test dummy slammed into a wall. But because the British middleweight champion kept coming back for more, the referee allowed the savage beating to continue for another six rounds until Blackwell's left eye was so grotesquely swollen that a ringside doctor ruled he couldn't continue.
- Brathwaite hits 4 straight 6s as West Indies wins WT20 final Updated: Apr-03-16 2:22 pm
KOLKATA, India - Carlos Brathwaite struck four straight sixes in the last over of the World Twenty20 final to seal a dramatic four-wicket win for West Indies over England on Sunday.
- Root says varied experience will help England in final Updated: Apr-01-16 10:18 am
KOLKATA, India - Former champion England carries the confidence of overcoming different challenges during the World Twenty20 as it gears up to face the West Indies in Sunday's final, leading batsman Joe Root said.
- Dhoni blames no-balls and dew for defeat against West Indies Updated: Mar-31-16 4:38 pm
MUMBAI, India - India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni blamed dew which he said affected spin bowling and two no-balls for his team's seven-wicket loss against West Indies at World Twenty20 semifinal on Thursday.
- Simmons says India lacked express pace Updated: Mar-31-16 2:58 pm
MUMBAI, India - Lendl Simmons believes India's lack of genuine pace bowlers helped him guide West Indies to a seven-wicket victory in the semifinal of the World Twenty20 on Thursday.
- Simmons sinks India in WT20 semis Updated: Mar-31-16 1:50 pm
MUMBAI, India - Lendl Simmons hit an unbeaten 82 off 51 balls as West Indies recorded a convincing seven-wicket victory against favorite India in the second semifinal of the World Twenty20 tournament on Thursday.
- Australian Takeover: English sport being revived by Aussies Updated: Mar-31-16 9:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - It seems there's a simple answer to the woes of England's national sports teams: Hire an Australian as its coach.
- Roy helps England beat New Zealand to enter WT20 final Updated: Mar-30-16 1:32 pm
NEW DELHI - Opener Jason Roy smashed a quick-fire 78 as England beat New Zealand by seven wickets on Wednesday to reach the final of the World Twenty20 in convincing style.