- NY Gov. Cuomo participates in Adirondack sports Updated: Mar-09-14 4:47 pm
- Curling is popular in Boise Updated: Mar-03-14 12:36 pm
- Back home from Russia, Davis regroups for football Updated: Feb-25-14 5:41 pm
- Dominant Canada strengthens grip on world curling Updated: Feb-22-14 4:49 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Curling's Britain rise Updated: Feb-21-14 11:45 am
- Blunders cost China bronze medal in men's curling Updated: Feb-21-14 9:21 am
- Sweden wins bronze medal in men's Olympic curling Updated: Feb-21-14 8:05 am
- Canada eyes gold-medal double in Olympic curling Updated: Feb-20-14 6:36 pm
- Canada wins gold in women's Olympic curling Updated: Feb-20-14 1:31 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: British curling fixation Updated: Feb-20-14 7:46 am
- British curlers put Lockerbie back in headlines Updated: Feb-20-14 5:20 am
- Canada, Britain reach men's Olympic curling final Updated: Feb-19-14 3:00 pm
- Britain tops Norway to reach Olympic curling semis Updated: Feb-18-14 5:14 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Man in motion Updated: Feb-18-14 3:33 am
- Curling club takes advantage of Olympics-fed craze Updated: Feb-17-14 3:40 pm
- Tears flow in Sochi as US fails again in curling Updated: Feb-17-14 9:30 am
- Curling's ice-master overcoming problems in Sochi Updated: Feb-16-14 10:16 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Romancing the stone Updated: Feb-16-14 8:26 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Curling's biggest fan Updated: Feb-15-14 2:10 pm
- Catholic school teacher recalls time as curler Updated: Feb-15-14 11:28 am
- Americans curling facing up to early elimination Updated: Feb-14-14 12:00 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Valentine's happenings Updated: Feb-14-14 11:50 am
- In-form Canada closing in on curling semifinals Updated: Feb-13-14 3:05 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: No pants Updated: Feb-13-14 1:00 pm
- Canada's curlers get rolling in Sochi Updated: Feb-13-14 10:18 am
LAKE PLACID, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo took a spin on a snowmobile as he and other state and local officials gathered in Lake Placid for the Adirondack Winter Challenge, an event to highlight tourism and winter activities in the region.
NAMPA, Idaho - You probably saw it during the recent Winter Olympics. It was nothing if not intriguing.
SAN FRANCISCO - Vernon Davis is back in the Bay Area following a whirlwind, three-night visit to the Sochi Olympics early last week as USA Curling's honorary captain, and the 49ers tight end is now ready to resume his regular offseason football training regimen.
SOCHI, Russia - China is rising. The traditional hotbeds of Scotland and Scandinavia are still going strong. The likes of South America and Kuwait are starting to get interested.
SOCHI, Russia - Of the 57 athletes representing Great Britain at the Sochi Games, only 12 have medals after 83 events. Ten of them are curlers, with a silver win for the men's team and a bronze for the women.
SOCHI, Russia - Liu Rui was so close to being an Olympic medalist in curling. Too close for comfort, it turns out.
SOCHI, Russia - Sweden won the bronze medal in men's Olympic curling on Friday, beating China 6-4 in a nerve-jangling game that hinged on the final shot in an extra end and two major technical blunders by the Chinese.
SOCHI, Russia - One down, one to go. Over to you, Brad.
SOCHI, Russia - Her gold medal-clinching rock wasn't even halfway to the house when Canada skip Jennifer Jones put her hands to her face, soaked in the moment, then jumped up with her broom hoisted in the air.
SOCHI, Russia - Curling fever has gripped Britain - again.
SOCHI, Russia - The small, rural Scottish town of Lockerbie forever will be remembered as the place where a plane exploded in the skies in 1988, killing all 243 passengers, 16 crew members and 11 people in their homes below.
SOCHI, Russia - If there's to be a changing of the guard in men's curling, it will have to wait a little while longer.
SOCHI, Russia - David Murdoch crouched into his curling stance, took a breath and released the rock that either would usher Britain into the semifinals or add another layer of woe to his Olympic career.
SOCHI, Russia - The best photographers have many ways to capture motion. They use shutter speed, aperture, camera movement - and, of course, smarts.
PITTSBURGH - On the starting block, every amateur curler feels like an Olympian.
SOCHI, Russia - American curler Ann Swisshelm blew her nose in a tissue, wiped away some of her tears and stared down a sheet of ice for the final time in her career at the highest level of her sport.
SOCHI, Russia - Hans Wuthrich strolls around with one hand in his pocket, gazing one last time at the four pristine sheets of ice he has prepared for an afternoon session at the Ice Cube Curling Center.
SOCHI, Russia - No, that ain't an Ikea tea kettle.
SOCHI, Russia - Princess Anne of Britain, Prince Hakan of Norway and Prince Albert of Monaco have been among the VIPs at the Olympic curling tournament this week.
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - Every four years, the world gets a peek at sports that sometimes are only seen during the Winter Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - The Americans sidled over to one another, leaned on their brooms at the side of the curling sheet and pondered where it all went wrong.
SOCHI, Russia - In case you're wondering: Yes, people celebrate Valentine's Day in Russia, just like in many other countries.
SOCHI, Russia - So much for this supposedly being the most open women's Olympic curling tournament yet.
SOCHI, Russia - Whether their wacky pants are on or off, Norway's men's curling team can't stop causing a stir.
SOCHI, Russia - A female spectator wearing a hat in the shape of a plastic curling rock clapped, then held up a sign that read: "Team Canada has real stones."