- Sarah Hammer headlines US team for track cycling worlds Updated: Feb-09-16 6:58 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Olympic silver medalist Sarah Hammer will go for her third world title in the omnium while anchoring the U.S. women's pursuit team at the track cycling world championships.
- Katusha escapes team suspension despite second doping case Updated: Feb-09-16 11:00 am
AIGLE, Switzerland - The International Cycling Union says Katusha won't be suspended despite a second failed doping test in a 12-month period within the Russian team.
- Jefferson native rides mountain bike across the country Updated: Feb-06-16 10:26 am
JEFFERSON, Georgia - While setting out to see a lengthy stretch of American soil was Cam Thurmond's ultimate goal, the 25-year-old got so much more than that out of the nearly 3,000-mile mountain bike ride.
- Kennaugh leads Froome after 3 stages of Melbourne cycle tour Updated: Feb-06-16 2:10 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Britain's Peter Kennaugh and Chris Froome retain the top-two placings on general classification entering Sunday's final stage of the Herald-Sun Cycle Tour.
- Dave Mirra, who broke barriers on a BMX bike, dies at 41 Updated: Feb-06-16 1:53 am
Dave Mirra did things few people could on a BMX bike, using a combination of natural ability, fearlessness and innovation to take the sport to places many never thought possible.
- Russian cyclist suspended after positive doping test Updated: Feb-05-16 12:44 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - Russian cyclist Eduard Vorganov was provisionally suspended Friday following a positive doping test.
- European cycling champion Brezhniva banned for doping Updated: Feb-04-16 10:48 am
MOSCOW - Two-time European track cycling champion Elena Brezhniva of Russia has been banned for four years for doping.
- Bike manufacturer says will sue Belgian rider over motor use Updated: Feb-01-16 8:20 am
PARIS - Italian manufacturer Wilier Triestina says it will sue the Belgian cyclist who used a motor on her bike at the cyclo-cross world championships in the latest scandal to rock the sport.
- Quintana to focus on Tour, Valverde to ride 1st Giro Updated: Jan-27-16 10:42 am
MADRID - Nairo Quintana says his focus this season is winning the Tour de France, while Movistar teammate Alejandro Valverde will compete in the Giro d'Italia for the first time.
- Car impact fractured Barguil's wrist, Degenkolb's arm Updated: Jan-24-16 11:19 am
MADRID - Giant-Alpecin cycling team says Warren Barguil fractured his wrist and John Degenkolb fractured his arm when a car ran into them and four other teammates while training in Spain on Saturday.
- Farrar borrows fan's bike to finish stage in cycle tour Updated: Jan-21-16 3:31 pm
ADELAIDE, Australia - Bloodied and bruised, American cyclist Tyler Farrar borrowed a bike and shoes from a fan to complete Wednesday's third stage of the Tour Down Under, the first event of the 2016 WorldTour.
- 3-time champ Simon Gerrans wins 3rd stage of Tour Down Under Updated: Jan-21-16 12:41 am
ADELAIDE, Australia - Australia's Simon Gerrans conquered the notorious Corkscrew climb to win Thursday's third stage of the Tour Down Under and take the overall lead in a race he has won a record three times.
- Trial postponed in 2014 hit-and-run bicyclist death Updated: Jan-20-16 7:16 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Trial for a 43-year-old Kaplan man accused in a 2014 hit-and-run crash near Milton that killed a Youngsville bicyclist has been postponed until June 20.
- APNewsbreak: Livestrong CEO resigns after less than 1 year Updated: Jan-19-16 6:15 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The chief executive and president of Livestrong resigned Tuesday after less than a year on the job, another blow to the cancer foundation that has struggled with sharp declines in donations and revenue since founder Lance Armstrong's performance-enhancing drug use scandal
- UCI announces quotas for men's road race at Rio Olympics Updated: Jan-18-16 2:58 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Spain and Italy received the full number of starters for men's road events at the Rio Olympics on Monday, while the U.S. was granted just two starters in the road race and two in the time trial.
- Rio pushes back track cycling test event; venue delayed Updated: Jan-15-16 1:23 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Olympic organizers in Rio de Janeiro are pushing back a test event in track cycling because the velodrome for the event is running behind schedule.
- Figures: Bicycle deaths jumped in New Jersey in 2015 Updated: Jan-14-16 11:52 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Preliminary state police figures indicate that cycling and passenger deaths ballooned, while motorcycle deaths and pedestrian fatalities fell last year in New Jersey.
- UCI to appeal doping verdict in Zabelinskaya case Updated: Jan-12-16 11:57 am
AIGLE, Switzerland - Cycling's world governing body has appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport after Russian Olympic medalist Olga Zabelinskaya was cleared of doping.
- Froome extends deal with Team Sky Updated: Jan-12-16 8:18 am
MALLORCA, Spain - Two-time Tour de France champion Chris Froome has signed a new contract with Team Sky until the end of 2018.
- Tour of Utah starting in Springdale despite traffic concerns Updated: Jan-10-16 2:00 pm
SPRINGDALE, Utah - This year's Tour of Utah race will start in Springdale, against the wishes of many town officials and residents.