- Astana rider Lars Boom facing Tour de France exit Updated: Jul-03-15 7:26 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Tour de France champion Vincenzo Nibali's under-pressure Astana team requested teammate Lars Boom be removed from cycling's showpiece race for anomalous blood-testing results announced Friday.
- Nibali hopes to stick closer to Froome at the Tour de France Updated: Jul-03-15 1:01 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Tour de France champion Vincenzo Nibali did not see much of rival Chris Froome the last time they raced each other.
- Bouhanni defies pain at Tour de France Updated: Jul-03-15 12:47 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - The Tour de France legend feeds itself on stories of pain and courage. Battered and bruised but still up for a fight, Nacer Bouhanni is ready to write another chapter of the race odyssey.
- 3 British bids to host 2017 Tour de France Grand Depart Updated: Jul-03-15 9:44 am
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Tour de France director Christian Prudhomme says he has received three bids from British candidates to host the Grand Depart in 2017.
- Tour de France? More like Tour de-void of Americans Updated: Jul-03-15 3:02 am
As the Tour de France drew near, Jonathan Vaughters was still poring over power outputs and training results, trying to determine the nine riders that he would send to represent Cannondale-Garmin at the start line in the Dutch city of Utrecht.
- Bicyclist killed in police, fire games competition Updated: Jul-02-15 8:01 pm
TRIANGLE, Virginia - Prince William County Police say a cyclist taking part in the World Police & Fire Games died after being in a chain-reaction collision during time trials in a northern Virginia park.
- Armstrong girlfriend must testify, Landis to produce records Updated: Jul-02-15 6:24 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Lance Armstrong's girlfriend can be questioned under oath about what she knows of his doping past, and his former teammate-turned-antagonist Floyd Landis will have to turn over records of investigations into his own previous doping case, a federal judge has decided.
- Contador has yellow on his mind as he eyes 3rd Tour title Updated: Jul-02-15 11:56 am
UTRECHT, Netherlands - Tour de France contender Alberto Contador's serious-looking face cracked into a beaming smile during a lighthearted moment at his pre-race news conference on Thursday, when he was joined by an unexpected guest.
- 10 riders to watch at the Tour de France Updated: Jul-02-15 10:23 am
UTRECHT, Netherlands - 10 riders to watch in the Tour de France, which starts on Saturday in Utrecht, Netherlands.
- Pioneering 16-year-old breaking baseball barriers for women Updated: Jul-01-15 6:41 pm
PARIS - Simply by playing ball, Melissa Mayeux is busting through barriers.
- IOC praises Tokyo 2020 plans amid main stadium concerns Updated: Jul-01-15 8:54 am
TOKYO - IOC Vice President John Coates tried to calm concerns over the rising cost of Tokyo's new National Stadium while praising preparations for the 2020 Games on Wednesday.
- Italian cyclist Appollonio tests positive for EPO Updated: Jul-01-15 5:09 am
AIGLE, Switzerland - The International Cycling Union says Italian rider Davide Appollonio has tested positive for the endurance-boosting hormone EPO.
- Cyclist punches fellow rider during Fitchburg bike race Updated: Jun-30-15 11:12 am
FITCHBURG, Massachusetts - A professional cyclist has publicly apologized for punching a rival after a race in Massachusetts.
- Riis agrees with report about drugs on cycling team Updated: Jun-26-15 9:53 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former manager Bjarne Riis said Friday he agrees with a report by Denmark's anti-doping agency that concluded he deliberately ignored drug-taking by riders on the former Team CSC.
- 2016 Giro d'Italia will start with 3 stages in Netherlands Updated: Jun-26-15 8:12 am
MILAN - Next year's Giro d'Italia will start on May 6 with three stages in the Netherlands.
- Tour organizers change 2015 route after landslide Updated: Jun-25-15 5:45 am
PARIS - Tour de France organizers have changed the route of the 20th stage of this year's race following a landslide in the French Alps.
- 2013 Tour de France champ Froome missed drug test this year Updated: Jun-24-15 8:06 pm
PARIS - Former Tour de France champion Chris Froome revealed on Wednesday he missed a drug test this year while taking a couple of days off in Italy with his wife.
- Dutch police plan to interrupt Tour de France in Rotterdam Updated: Jun-24-15 7:32 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch police campaigning for better working conditions say they plan to interrupt the Tour de France as it passes through the port city of Rotterdam.
- Activists seek to steer cyclists away from Confederate icons Updated: Jun-24-15 3:08 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Activists who have battled a ballpark in Richmond's former slave-trading center are now taking aim at the Confederacy.
- Frank Schleck out of Tour de France with knee injury Updated: Jun-23-15 11:09 am
PARIS - Frank Schleck will not compete in the Tour de France because of a knee injury.
- About 1,000 bicyclists riding across northern Missouri Updated: Jun-23-15 10:52 am
ROCK PORT, Missouri - Towns along U.S. 136 in northern Missouri are putting out the welcome mat this week for about 1,000 bicyclists.
- 2 Eritreans on 1st African team at Tour de France Updated: Jun-23-15 10:08 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Two Eritrean cyclists will be the first from their country to compete at the Tour de France after being named in the MTN-Qhubeka team's final lineup on Tuesday.
- Anti-doping report: Riis knew about drugs on cycling team Updated: Jun-23-15 9:47 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former manager Bjarne Riis chose to ignore drug-taking by riders on the former Team CSC, a report by Denmark's anti-doping agency said on Tuesday.
- Spilak wins Tour de Suisse, Thomas lets time-trial lead slip Updated: Jun-21-15 12:26 pm
BERN, Switzerland - Simon Spilak of Slovenia won the Tour de Suisse by just five seconds on Sunday, when Geraint Thomas tired late in the time-trial stage.
- English rider Armitstead crashes while celebrating at tour Updated: Jun-17-15 4:12 pm
ALDEBURGH, England - English rider Lizzie Armitstead crashed while celebrating winning the first stage of the Women's Tour of Britain on Wednesday and will miss the rest of the event.