- Landa wins 11th Spanish Vuelta stage, Aru takes overall lead Updated: Sep-02-15 2:29 pm
CORTALS D*ENCAMP, Spain - Mikel Landa of Spain raced ahead to climb the final ascent alone and win the 11th stage of the Spanish Vuelta in the Pyrenees on Wednesday, while Italy's Fabio Aru finished second to claim the overall race leader's jersey.
- Va. capital city backpedals after flags hoisted upside down Updated: Sep-02-15 2:52 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Contractors who hung flags of nations coming to Richmond for an international biking event are backpedaling.
- Cyclist Rogers gets 2004 Olympic bronze medal 11 years later Updated: Sep-01-15 10:03 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC says Australian cyclist Michael Rogers has received his Olympic bronze medal 11 years after the Athens Games.
- Boeckmans in stable condition after Vuelta crash Updated: Aug-30-15 12:03 pm
MURCIA, Spain - Spanish Vuelta organizers say Belgian rider Kris Boeckmans is in stable condition after undergoing surgery to treat injuries sustained in a serious crash on Saturday.
- Van Garderen knocked out of worlds after Vuelta crash Updated: Aug-29-15 7:27 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Tejay van Garderen will miss the world championships in Virginia next month after a crash during the Spanish Vuelta on Saturday left the American star with a broken shoulder.
- $50,000 business prize awarded to Detroit cycling studio Updated: Aug-29-15 9:43 am
DETROIT - A workout on wheels has been awarded $50,000 from Comerica Bank in a contest to reward entrepreneurs in Detroit.
- CONI calls Dr. Ferrari and son in for doping hearings Updated: Aug-27-15 12:23 pm
ROME - Lance Armstrong's former physician Michele Ferrari and his son Stefano have been called in for hearings next week with the Italian Olympic Committee's anti-doping prosecutor for allegedly providing illegal drug assistance to a biathlete.
- Nike fights subpoena in federal lawsuit against Armstrong Updated: Aug-26-15 4:43 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Athletic apparel giant Nike Inc. is fighting subpoenas for financial documents and witness depositions in the federal government's lawsuit against former cyclist Lance Armstrong, arguing they are irrelevant to the case and could compromise trade secrets.
- 65+ countries qualify to send teams to compete in bike race Updated: Aug-26-15 6:32 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - More than 65 countries have qualified to send teams to compete in an international bike race in Richmond next month.
- Australia's Rohan Dennis wins USA Pro Challenge Updated: Aug-23-15 7:39 pm
DENVER - Australia's Rohan Dennis won the USA Pro Challenge on Sunday, finishing in the main pack to take the overall title by 40 seconds over teammate Brent Bookwalter of the United States.
- Vuelta's 'unsafe' 1st stage won't count for individual times Updated: Aug-21-15 8:20 am
BARCELONA, Spain - The Spanish Vuelta says the race's opening team time trial will not count toward the overall standings, after complaints about safety from cyclists.
- Froome aims to add Vuelta to Tour title Updated: Aug-20-15 10:05 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Chris Froome will be racing both for and against history when the Spanish Vuelta starts Saturday.
- Italy's Caruso positive for EPO in new test of 2012 sample Updated: Aug-18-15 3:24 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - The International Cycling Union says Italian rider Giampaolo Caruso has tested positive for EPO in new testing of a sample given in March 2012.
- Mountain biker dies during grueling Leadville 100 race Updated: Aug-17-15 4:12 pm
LEADVILLE, Colorado - An experienced mountain biker died Saturday while participating in the grueling Leadville 100 race in Colorado's mountains.
- Police release name of man killed during bike race Updated: Aug-17-15 12:08 pm
CHARLESTOWN, Rhode Island - Police have released the name of an 80-year-old man who died after crashing his bicycle into a parked pickup truck during a Rhode Island bicycle race.
- Quintana, Valverde to lead Movistar at Spanish Vuelta Updated: Aug-17-15 8:47 am
MADRID - Nairo Quintana and Alejandro Valverde, the second- and third-place finishers at last month's Tour de France, have been named co-leaders of Movistar's nine-man team for the Spanish Vuelta.
- Froome leads Team Sky at Vuelta, goes for Grand Tour double Updated: Aug-17-15 7:54 am
MANCHESTER, England - Tour de France champion Chris Froome will lead Team Sky at the Spanish Vuelta as he looks to become only the third rider to win both of the Grand Tour races in the same year.
- Photo team mugged while covering Rio Olympic test event Updated: Aug-16-15 4:46 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian officials say a team of photographers on contract to Rio de Janeiro's city government were mugged while covering a road cycling test event for next year's Olympics in Rio.
- Connecticut man, Canadian woman win bike race up Washington Updated: Aug-15-15 3:35 pm
PINKHAM NOTCH, New Hampshire - A Connecticut man and Canadian woman won the 43rd annual Mount Washington Auto Road Bicycle Hillclimb on Saturday.
- Organizers: World Championship crowds will ebb, flow soon Updated: Aug-15-15 11:11 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - People across the Richmond area are asking two questions as the countdown clock for the start of the UCI Road World Championships ticks down: How many people are coming? When will they get here?
- Supporters: Proposed BMX facility could lure group to Tulsa Updated: Aug-12-15 3:50 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Supporters say a proposed BMX facility in Tulsa could lure a national organization and result in millions of dollars every year for the city.
- Finance, venue challenges for Durban 2022 Com. Games bid Updated: Aug-11-15 9:33 am
DURBAN, South Africa - Durban's 2022 Commonwealth Games bid still has "challenges" before it can become the event's first African host, including getting a financial guarantee from the South African government, a bid leader said.
- Austrian former cyclist banned for selling doping substances Updated: Aug-10-15 5:18 pm
VIENNA - Former cyclist Christof Kerschbaum of Austria has been banned for life for selling doping substances to other riders from 2007-09.
- Tour de France winner Chris Froome to ride Spanish Vuelta Updated: Aug-10-15 1:38 pm
MADRID - Tour de France winner Chris Froome will ride in this year's edition of the Spanish Vuelta, set to start in less than two weeks.
- Dombrowski surges to Tour of Utah stage win, overall lead Updated: Aug-08-15 8:59 pm
SNOWBIRD, Utah - Joe Dombrowski made a dominant move near the finish of Stage 6 in the Tour of Utah, riding solo to victory at Snowbird Ski Resort and assuming the overall lead Saturday.