- Nairo Quintana won't defend Giro d'Italia title Updated: May-05-15 6:14 am
MADRID - Colombian climber Nairo Quintana will not defend his Giro d'Italia title.
- Russia's Zakarin gets career-best win at Tour of Romandie Updated: May-03-15 10:36 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Ilnur Zakarin of Russia got a career-best title Sunday, winning the six-day Tour of Romandie by placing third in the final time-trial stage.
- Germany: Couple suspected in attack plan had extremist video Updated: May-02-15 10:34 am
BERLIN - German authorities say they found violent Islamic extremist videos on a computer belong to a couple suspected of preparing an attack on a cycling race.
- Ultra racer Travis Macy to trek 31 miles for book signing Updated: May-01-15 2:38 am
DENVER - Endurance athlete Travis Macy may be a little drenched and drained by the time he arrives for his book signing.
- Tour of the Gila brings more than just bikes to town Updated: Apr-30-15 6:32 pm
SILVER CITY, New Mexico - When the Tour of the Gila comes to town, bicyclists are not the only winners.
- Former Olympian Bouchard-Hall chosen as USA Cycling CEO Updated: Apr-30-15 3:02 pm
USA Cycling has chosen a Harvard-educated businessman who once made the U.S. Olympic team to help usher the sport's national governing body through a critical and transformative time.
- Germany foils suspected Boston-style attack, officials say Updated: Apr-30-15 2:25 pm
BERLIN - German authorities foiled what they believe may have been an imminent Boston Marathon-style attack on a professional cycling race planned for Friday, seizing a cache of weapons, including a pipe bomb, and chemicals that can be used to make explosives in a raid on a suspected Islamic extremist's home outside Frankfurt.
- Cycling race around Frankfurt cancelled due to terror threat Updated: Apr-30-15 2:13 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Local authorities have canceled a traditional May Day international cycling race around Frankfurt following the arrest of a couple and the discovery of bomb-making material in their home near the route.
- Tour of Romandie Results Updated: Apr-28-15 1:02 pm
VALLORBE, Switzerland - Results on Tuesday from the first stage of the Tour of Romandie, a 19.2 kilometers (11.9 miles) team time trial from Vallee de Joux to the Juraparc near Vallorbe:
- Man charged in student's death has record of violence Updated: Apr-26-15 6:58 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - A southern Indiana man facing a preliminary charge of murder in the slaying of an Indiana University student has been accused of acting violently toward women in the past.
- Valverde times sprint perfectly to win Liege-Bastogne-Liege Updated: Apr-26-15 11:47 am
LIEGE, Belgium - Alejandro Valverde timed his attack to perfection to win the Liege-Bastogne-Liege classic for the third time in his career on Sunday, clinching the Ardennes double after his midweek victory in the Walloon Arrow.
- Autopsy: Indiana University student died from head injuries Updated: Apr-25-15 7:56 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - A coroner said Saturday that an Indiana University student found dead in a rural area hours before she was reported missing had been fatally beaten in the head with an unknown weapon.
- Little 500 gave its most famous rider confidence, respect Updated: Apr-24-15 9:17 am
INDIANAPOLIS - As the cool guys cuddled with their girlfriends at the drive-in theater in the 1950s, Dave Blase flitted about with a butterfly net.
- Astana cycling team keeps top-tier status after doping cases Updated: Apr-23-15 3:35 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - The Astana team of 2014 Tour de France winner Vincenzo Nibali has survived a review of its top-tier racing status ordered after several doping cases.
- Lance Armstrong: WADA head rebuffed proposed meeting in 2013 Updated: Apr-22-15 5:08 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Lance Armstrong said Wednesday that the World Anti-Doping Agency and others are "owed an apology" from him for cheating during his cycling career, but noted that the agency's chief rebuffed efforts to meet back in 2013.
- Valverde wins Fleche Wallonne for 3rd time Updated: Apr-22-15 12:50 pm
HUY, Belgium - Alejandro Valverde of Spain perfectly timed his attack to win the Fleche Wallonne (Walloon Arrow) classic for the third time and the second year in a row on Wednesday.
- AP Interview: WADA exec disappointed by no Armstrong apology Updated: Apr-21-15 7:05 pm
NEW YORK - The director general of the World Anti-Doping Agency is disappointed Lance Armstrong has not apologized for costly and time-consuming lawsuits before the former cycling champion admitted using performance-enhancing drugs.
- UCI anti-doping tribunal ready to start work soon Updated: Apr-21-15 12:48 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The International Cycling Union's new in-house anti-doping tribunal will hear its first cases in the coming weeks.
- Chris Froome returning to competition at Walloon Arrow Updated: Apr-21-15 8:42 am
PARIS - Former Tour de France champion Chris Froome will resume his preparations for the prestigious race at the Walloon Arrow one-day classic.
- AP's European week in photos Updated: Apr-20-15 9:42 am
The image of Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez celebrating a goal at Wembley is perfectly juxtaposed against the background of horrified Reading supporters at the FA Cup semifinal. In a gentler image, cyclists in the Amstel Gold race in The Netherlands rush past a tree in spring bloom.
- World champion Michal Kwiatkowski wins Amstel Gold Race Updated: Apr-19-15 11:44 am
VALKENBURG, Netherlands - World champion Michal Kwiatkowski of Poland won a sprint to the line Sunday to take the 50th edition of the Amstel Gold Race.
- Marcotte, Ryan win US cycling Criterium championships Updated: Apr-18-15 6:59 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Eric Marcotte added the U.S. Criterium championship to his road national title Saturday, and Kendall Ryan dodged a last-lap crash to capture the women's cycling championship.
- USA Cycling replaces Armstrong on Pan Am roster Updated: Apr-17-15 8:56 pm
USA Cycling replaced two-time Olympic gold medalist Kristin Armstrong on its roster for next month's Pan Am Championships on Friday after questions surfaced about the criteria used in picking the four-member women's team.
- Olympic gold medalist Kristin Armstrong returning to cycling Updated: Apr-14-15 4:16 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Two-time Olympic gold medalist Kristin Armstrong is returning to professional cycling.
- CAS sets June 10 date for hearing in Kreuziger doping case Updated: Apr-14-15 6:41 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Czech cyclist Roman Kreuziger will face a hearing on doping allegations at the Court of Arbitration for Sport in June.