- Contador extends lead; Gilbert wins 12th stage of Giro Updated: May-21-15 11:48 am
- Italian cycling team summoned for breaching rules Updated: May-20-15 9:12 am
PARIS - The Movement for Credible Cycling as summoned the Bardiani-CSF team to a meeting next month after one of its riders entered the Giro d'Italia despite an abnormally low cortisol level.
- Lance: Armstrong: Postal Service deal worth more to feds Updated: May-19-15 6:08 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Lance Armstrong's legal team argued Tuesday that his Tour de France victories were worth far more to sponsor U.S. Postal Service than they were to him as it detailed part of his defense against a fraud lawsuit filed by the federal government.
- Officers release name of bicyclist hit, killed by truck Updated: May-18-15 8:45 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Highway patrol officers say the man who was hit by a truck and killed at the start of a Northern California bicycle race is 50-year-old Rocklin resident Ronald Cortez.
- Slovakia's Peter Sagan takes Tour of California lead Updated: May-15-15 8:35 pm
SANTA CLARITA, California - Slovakia's Peter Sagan took the Tour of California lead Friday in the sixth stage, racing to a dominating victory in the rescheduled and shortened individual time trial.
- American viewers getting more chances to watch cycling on TV Updated: May-15-15 4:52 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The explosive growth of cable sports networks over the past two decades has helped to bring the predominantly European sport of cycling to more and more Americans, from the fanatics to the casual viewer who may not know a peloton from a derailleur.
- Italian rider Rabottini banned 2 years for doping with EPO Updated: May-13-15 5:00 am
AIGLE, Switzerland - Italian cyclist Matteo Rabottini has been banned for two years after testing positive for EPO.
- Mark Cavendish wins first stage of Tour of California Updated: May-10-15 9:14 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Britain's Mark Cavendish powered past Slovakia's Peter Sagan just before the finish line Sunday to win the first stage of the Tour of California.
- Germany's Worrack wins Tour of California women's title Updated: May-10-15 5:29 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Germany's Trixi Worrack won the Tour of California women's title Sunday on bonus time and Canada's Leah Kirchmann took her second straight stage in the three-leg event.
- Cuban rider Mejias holds off American rider Rivera for gold Updated: May-09-15 4:08 pm
LEON, Mexico - Malies Mejias of Cuba edged up-and-coming American rider Coryn Rivera in a bunch sprint to win the Pan Am Continental road race championship on Saturday.
- Organizations collaborate on anti-doping measures in cycling Updated: May-09-15 3:06 pm
The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has joined with the Cycling Anti-Doping Foundation and the UCI, cycling's world governing body, to conduct drug testing during this week's Tour of California.
- Small wins Pan American Continental time trial title Updated: May-07-15 4:06 pm
LEON, Mexico - Carmen Small of the United States locked up her spot for the world championships in September when she won the time trial at the Pan American Continental Road Championships on Thursday.
- Nairo Quintana won't defend Giro d'Italia title Updated: May-05-15 6:14 am
MADRID - Colombian climber Nairo Quintana will not defend his Giro d'Italia title.
- Russia's Zakarin gets career-best win at Tour of Romandie Updated: May-03-15 10:36 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Ilnur Zakarin of Russia got a career-best title Sunday, winning the six-day Tour of Romandie by placing third in the final time-trial stage.
- Germany: Couple suspected in attack plan had extremist video Updated: May-02-15 10:34 am
BERLIN - German authorities say they found violent Islamic extremist videos on a computer belong to a couple suspected of preparing an attack on a cycling race.
- Ultra racer Travis Macy to trek 31 miles for book signing Updated: May-01-15 2:38 am
DENVER - Endurance athlete Travis Macy may be a little drenched and drained by the time he arrives for his book signing.
- Tour of the Gila brings more than just bikes to town Updated: Apr-30-15 6:32 pm
SILVER CITY, New Mexico - When the Tour of the Gila comes to town, bicyclists are not the only winners.
- Former Olympian Bouchard-Hall chosen as USA Cycling CEO Updated: Apr-30-15 3:02 pm
USA Cycling has chosen a Harvard-educated businessman who once made the U.S. Olympic team to help usher the sport's national governing body through a critical and transformative time.
- Germany foils suspected Boston-style attack, officials say Updated: Apr-30-15 2:25 pm
BERLIN - German authorities foiled what they believe may have been an imminent Boston Marathon-style attack on a professional cycling race planned for Friday, seizing a cache of weapons, including a pipe bomb, and chemicals that can be used to make explosives in a raid on a suspected Islamic extremist's home outside Frankfurt.
- Cycling race around Frankfurt cancelled due to terror threat Updated: Apr-30-15 2:13 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Local authorities have canceled a traditional May Day international cycling race around Frankfurt following the arrest of a couple and the discovery of bomb-making material in their home near the route.
- Tour of Romandie Results Updated: Apr-28-15 1:02 pm
VALLORBE, Switzerland - Results on Tuesday from the first stage of the Tour of Romandie, a 19.2 kilometers (11.9 miles) team time trial from Vallee de Joux to the Juraparc near Vallorbe:
- Man charged in student's death has record of violence Updated: Apr-26-15 6:58 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - A southern Indiana man facing a preliminary charge of murder in the slaying of an Indiana University student has been accused of acting violently toward women in the past.
- Valverde times sprint perfectly to win Liege-Bastogne-Liege Updated: Apr-26-15 11:47 am
LIEGE, Belgium - Alejandro Valverde timed his attack to perfection to win the Liege-Bastogne-Liege classic for the third time in his career on Sunday, clinching the Ardennes double after his midweek victory in the Walloon Arrow.
- Autopsy: Indiana University student died from head injuries Updated: Apr-25-15 7:56 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - A coroner said Saturday that an Indiana University student found dead in a rural area hours before she was reported missing had been fatally beaten in the head with an unknown weapon.
- Little 500 gave its most famous rider confidence, respect Updated: Apr-24-15 9:17 am
INDIANAPOLIS - As the cool guys cuddled with their girlfriends at the drive-in theater in the 1950s, Dave Blase flitted about with a butterfly net.