- Obama says wounded bikers are an inspiration Updated: Apr-17-14 12:09 pm
- $1.9M Special Olympics facility planned in SD Updated: Apr-16-14 8:33 am
- At Boston Marathon, a chance to finally finish Updated: Apr-16-14 3:24 am
- Wounded vets cycling to raise rehab awareness Updated: Apr-15-14 4:19 am
- Wheelchair tennis champion in attempted carjacking Updated: Apr-12-14 10:21 am
- Veteran who competed in Sochi Paralympics honored Updated: Apr-10-14 9:46 am
- Olympic athletes get their White House moment Updated: Apr-03-14 4:39 pm
- Kotsenburg, Hamlin win awards for top US Olympians Updated: Apr-02-14 11:29 pm
- Disabled vets in Colorado for winter sports event Updated: Mar-30-14 11:36 am
- Disabled man's friends raising money for van Updated: Mar-29-14 11:09 am
- Miami-Dade County hosts Paralympic event Updated: Mar-22-14 3:05 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says the site of wounded veterans biking at the White House is a mark of how far they've come.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Special Olympics South Dakota has launched a $1.9 million campaign to raise money for a training facility in Sioux Falls that would give athletes a place to practice without having to compete for gym time with other sports groups.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Just one tiny misstep at mile 15 of the Boston Marathon last spring ruined any chance of amputee runner Jeff Glasbrenner breaking four hours.
OXON HILL, Maryland - Dozens of injured service members are mounting up to raise awareness in the nation's capital about bicycling rehabilitation for disabled veterans.
PRETORIA, South Africa - Wheelchair tennis' U.S. Open champion Lucas Sithole and his brother were dragged out of their car by four armed men in a late-night carjacking attempt in their native South Africa, the sport's national federation said Saturday.
KOKOMO, Indiana - It has been a month to remember for Kokomo native and Army veteran Joel "H-Train" Hunt, who competed in the Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, last month.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama surrounded themselves with Olympians and Paralympians Thursday, saluting their success at the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, praising their perseverance and marveling at their performances.
WASHINGTON - Wearing a suit for what he said was the first time, snowboarder Sage Kotsenburg walked off Wednesday with honors for top male athlete at the U.S. Olympic Committee's inaugural Best of U.S. Awards.
SNOWMASS VILLAGE, Colorado - Some 350 disabled veterans are expected to be on the slope and ice rinks for the National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic, a weeklong event that starts Sunday.
WATERBURY, Connecticut - John Karbowicz had just been treated for lung cancer when he agreed to help repair a friend's roof and fell head-first to the sidewalk below in October 2012.
MIAMI - An event in Miami will help introduce individuals with physical disabilities and visual impairments to Paralympic adapted sports.