- Former USOC leader takes job with wheelchair basketball Updated: Aug-25-15 12:52 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Jim Scherr, the former CEO of the U.S. Olympic Committee, has been hired as interim executive director of the National Wheelchair Basketball Association.
- Caregiver arrested for leaving 2 disabled men in hot van Updated: Aug-23-15 10:35 am
MARATHON, Florida - A Florida Keys woman has been arrested for leaving two disabled men she was caring for in a hot van while she shopped.
- Nebraska adding high school sports for disabled students Updated: Aug-15-15 4:09 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska will begin offering high school sports championships for disabled students competing with partners.
- Ohio Special Olympics equestrian competition this weekend Updated: Aug-15-15 3:01 pm
CINCINNATI - Athletes and coaches from nine Ohio counties will take part in state equestrian competition this weekend in suburban Cincinnati.
- Man starts fundraiser to buy special racing chair for teen Updated: Aug-15-15 10:32 am
OSAGE, Iowa - Brad Gentz of Osage loves to run, and he wants to help a local teen in a wheelchair run with him.
- 2nd Ivory Coast Special Olympics athlete goes missing Updated: Aug-05-15 12:18 am
LOS ANGELES - A search is underway for a second Ivory Coast Special Olympics athlete who vanished near Los Angeles on Monday night, just hours after his teammate was found safe.
- Special Olympics athlete found after disappearing from LAX Updated: Aug-03-15 9:42 pm
LOS ANGELES - An autistic teenage Special Olympics athlete who vanished from Los Angeles International Airport was found sleeping on a lawn five miles away Monday afternoon, hours after another missing competitor turned up safe 350 miles away in Northern California.
- Closing ceremonies held for Los Angeles Special Olympics Updated: Aug-03-15 1:03 am
LOS ANGELES - Thousands of athletes said goodbye to Los Angeles on Sunday in an emotional closing ceremony for the Special Olympics marked by cheers, tears and pride.
- Much accomplished since ADA enacted, still work to be done Updated: Aug-02-15 8:37 pm
WESTPORT, Massachusetts - In the 11 years since the accident that placed John Pelletier in a wheelchair, this country has come a long way to accommodating those with difficulty getting around, he said.
- Police ID driver involved in deadly wrong-way bridge crash Updated: Aug-02-15 12:29 pm
LONG BEACH, California - Long Beach police have identified the driver of a car seen crashing into barricades near a Special Olympics event site before being involved in a deadly wrong-way bridge crash.