- Icy lake plunge benefits NH Special Olympics Updated: Mar-08-14 2:07 pm
- Plea for peace and Ukraine's independence in Sochi Updated: Mar-08-14 1:41 pm
- 18th Polar Bear Plunge going on in Annapolis Updated: Mar-08-14 6:14 am
- 5 NW athletes at Winter Paralympics at Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 4:02 pm
- Putin declares Sochi Winter Paralympics open Updated: Mar-07-14 1:40 pm
- Ukraine decides to compete in Paralympics in Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 10:00 am
- Sweden's Princess Victoria drops Paralympic visit Updated: Mar-04-14 9:18 am
- Lindsay Davenport elected to Tennis Hall of Fame Updated: Mar-03-14 1:40 pm
- US cancels delegation to Paralympics in Russia Updated: Mar-03-14 12:38 pm
- Jimmy Fallon, Chicago mayor take a chilly dip Updated: Mar-02-14 1:55 pm
- Retiree travels far to help Conn. Special Olympics Updated: Mar-02-14 1:41 pm
- NH athletes convene for 38th Olympic winter games Updated: Mar-02-14 11:54 am
- Fallon, Emanuel gasp as they jump in Lake Michigan Updated: Mar-02-14 11:31 am
- Crowd gathers in Chicago to see Fallon take plunge Updated: Mar-02-14 10:08 am
- Jimmy Fallon, Chicago mayor set for lake plunge Updated: Mar-02-14 8:25 am
- Ukraine peace sought for Paralympics in Sochi Updated: Mar-01-14 3:05 pm
- Oscar Pistorius: His entire life story on trial Updated: Mar-01-14 10:52 am
- Important dates in the life of Oscar Pistorius Updated: Mar-01-14 10:35 am
- Calley, others take plunge for Special Olympics Updated: Feb-27-14 10:29 pm
- Ex-Special Olympics coach gets 15 year sentence Updated: Feb-26-14 6:44 am
- Indiana camp for disabled closing after 60 years Updated: Feb-24-14 2:30 pm
- AP PHOTOS: Teen shines on Paralympic hockey team Updated: Feb-24-14 10:14 am
- Mass. local named to US Paralympic team in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 4:35 pm
- SD residents plunging for Special Olympics Updated: Feb-23-14 11:00 am
- Sioux Falls ski resort holds Adaptive Ski Day Updated: Feb-23-14 10:20 am
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Hundreds of people jumped into New Hampshire's largest lake on Saturday to raise $66,000 for the state's Special Olympics programs.
SOCHI, Russia - In the fading light in the mountains above Sochi, the athletes and flags from Russia and Ukraine appeared side by side Saturday, united by success on the opening day of action at the Paralympics as the discord between their nations deepens.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The 18th annual Polar Bear Plunge is taking place at Sandy Point State Park in Annapolis.
SEATTLE - American and European politicians are boycotting the Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi to protest Russian moves in Ukraine. But disabled athletes from Washington, Oregon and Idaho plan to compete in the Olympic host city as scheduled starting this weekend.
SOCHI, Russia - With a solitary Ukrainian athlete taking part in the opening ceremony, Russian President Vladimir Putin opened the Winter Paralympics in Sochi on Friday against the backdrop of his country's military action in Crimea.
SOCHI, Russia - Ukraine will compete in the Winter Paralympics in Sochi despite Russia's military moves in Crimea.
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria has canceled her trip to the Paralympics in Sochi because of the crisis in nearby Ukraine.
NEW YORK - Lindsay Davenport was in the middle of another major life milestone when she found out she had been elected to the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
WASHINGTON - The White House says the United States has decided not to send a presidential delegation to the Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
CHICAGO - Comedian Jimmy Fallon took a quick but icy dip in Lake Michigan - dressed in a full suit and tie - eyes bulging as he darted out of the slushy water and headed straight for a pile of dry towels.
BERLIN, Connecticut - Months before the 2014 Special Olympics Connecticut Winter Games began this weekend, Bud Meyers, a retired transportation supervisor at Connecticut Light and Power, left his home outside Hardy, Nebraska, for the 1,500-mile drive to Simsbury to make snow and do other jobs.
WATERVILLE VALLEY, New Hampshire - Hundreds of New Hampshire athletes, supporters and volunteers are heading to Waterville Valley for the 38th annual Special Olympics State Winter Games.
CHICAGO - Comedian Jimmy Fallon has made good on his promise to plunge into icy Lake Michigan.
CHICAGO - A crowd is gathering at Chicago's lakefront to watch comedian Jimmy Fallon plunge into Lake Michigan.
CHICAGO - "The Tonight Show" host Jimmy Fallon is set to plunge into frosty Lake Michigan with Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel following an exchange of tweets and challenges.
LONDON - Leaders of the Paralympics expressed hopes Saturday for a peaceful outcome in Ukraine after Russia executed a de facto military takeover of the Crimea region as athletes arrived in nearby Sochi for next week's start of the Winter Paralympics.
JOHANNESBURG - With his past triumphs now tarnished because he shot to death his girlfriend, Oscar Pistorius on Monday will enter court to be confronted with the jarring possibility that he will be sent to prison for at least 25 years.
JOHANNESBURG - A look at some of the significant dates in Oscar Pistorius' headline-grabbing life:
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Lt. Gov. Brian Calley has led state officials in taking a cold plunge for the sake of Special Olympics.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A former Special Olympics volunteer coach has been sentenced to more than 15 years in prison for having sex with a 15-year-old athlete.
MUNCIE, Indiana - A central Indiana camp that's provided summer activities for disabled children and adults for 60 years is being shut down.
NORTHLAKE, Illinois - Brody Roybal was born with no legs. But that didn't stop him from trying any number of sports at an early age.
WENHAM, Massachusetts - An alpine monoskier from Wenham, Massachusetts, is heading to Sochi for her third Paralympic appearance.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - South Dakota residents have been plunging into frigid waters to help raise money for the Special Olympics.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls area ski resort has been helping people with disabilities enjoy the winter slopes with its annual Adaptive Ski Day.