- More charges after cyclist killed in W. Colorado Updated: Mar-09-14 4:49 pm
- Drug smugglers opting for less-traveled roads Updated: Mar-05-14 12:41 pm
- Appeals court agrees to review Armstrong case Updated: Mar-04-14 11:37 pm
- APNewsBreak: Astros prospect details drug struggle Updated: Mar-03-14 7:57 pm
- Latvia: 2nd doping suspect on ice hockey team Updated: Mar-01-14 10:13 am
- Belfort gives up title shot after Nevada bans TRT Updated: Feb-28-14 8:00 pm
- Braun homers in first at-bat back from drug ban Updated: Feb-27-14 5:54 pm
- Former baseball star to open drug treatment center Updated: Feb-27-14 9:17 am
- Padres move on from Cabrera's drug suspension Updated: Feb-26-14 5:18 pm
- Man tied to Sam Hurd drug case gets prison time Updated: Feb-26-14 5:06 pm
- Court rejects compensation bid from Pechstein Updated: Feb-26-14 9:23 am
- CAS confirms it cleared Campbell-Brown Updated: Feb-25-14 3:53 pm
- Ovechkin apologizes for Russia hockey performance Updated: Feb-25-14 3:31 pm
- Racing manager, 3 vets exit scandal-hit Godolphin Updated: Feb-24-14 7:02 pm
- Gyorko has the power; Padres want the average, too Updated: Feb-24-14 3:54 pm
- Veronica Campbell-Brown cleared to return to track Updated: Feb-24-14 1:27 pm
- German rider Sinkewitz banned for 8 years Updated: Feb-24-14 12:15 pm
- Costly, political, successful: Sochi Olympics end Updated: Feb-23-14 2:23 pm
- Canada rules rink, a flame dies, an Olympics ends Updated: Feb-23-14 2:04 pm
- Sweden's Backstrom fails doping test in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 1:48 pm
- On home ice and snow, Russians win medals tally Updated: Feb-23-14 11:54 am
- IOC confident in success of anti-doping program Updated: Feb-23-14 10:16 am
- Bach hails 'amazing' transformation of Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 9:05 am
- Bjoerndalen's farewell highlights Olympic biathlon Updated: Feb-23-14 7:17 am
- Thomas headed to 'big leagues' as baseball analyst Updated: Feb-22-14 10:26 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - A 29-year-old Palisade woman involved in a crash in western Colorado that killed a man on a cross-country bicycling trip is now facing several drug charges.
ELSBERRY, Missouri - Drug smugglers have long traveled the nation's interstate highways to move cocaine, meth, heroin and other illicit drugs, but police say many are now showing up on less-traveled roads.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas appeals court has temporarily blocked an arbitration panel from reviewing $12 million in bonuses paid to Lance Armstrong by a company that wants its money back, stopping efforts to force him to give new sworn testimony about his doping past.
KISSIMMEE, Florida - Jon Singleton is considered the top first base prospect in baseball - a big, dynamic left-handed hitter with power and composure who can use the entire field.
RIGA, Latvia - Latvia's Olympic Committee secretary general says a second player on its national men's ice hockey team is suspected to have tested positive for a banned substance at the Sochi Winter Games.
Vitor Belfort dropped out of his upcoming UFC middleweight title shot on Thursday a few hours after the Nevada Athletic Commission banned testosterone replacement therapy.
PHOENIX - Back from a lengthy suspension, Ryan Braun quickly displayed some power.
ST. LOUIS - A Florida health care company wants to open a St. Louis County substance abuse rehabilitation center named for former Major League Baseball star Darryl Strawberry.
DALLAS - A co-defendant in the drug distribution case involving former NFL wide receiver Sam Hurd has received 41 months in prison.
MUNICH - A German court has rejected speedskater Claudia Pechstein's bid to win compensation for her contested doping suspension, but raised questions over whether athletes must agree to recognize rulings from sports tribunals.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - The Court of Arbitration for Sport confirmed Tuesday that it upheld an appeal by Jamaican sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown and cleared the high-profile track star of any anti-doping rule violation.
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Alex Ovechkin apologized for Russia's hockey performance at the Olympics, a sentiment put in perspective by the encouraging news that his father was on the way home after heart surgery.
LONDON - The racing manager and three vets are leaving their roles at Godolphin as the horse racing organization is restructured following a doping scandal.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Decorated Jamaican sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown says she has been cleared to return to the track by the world sports court some 10 months after returning a positive test at an island meet.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - German rider Patrik Sinkewitz has been banned for eight years as a repeat doping offender following a ruling by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on Monday.
SOCHI, Russia - Flushed with pride after its athletes' spectacular showing at the costliest Olympics ever, Russia celebrated Sunday night with a visually stunning finale that handed off a smooth but politically charged Winter Games to their next host, Pyeongchang in South Korea.
SOCHI, Russia - The Olympic flame was snuffed out. No chance of that for the Canadian hockey team, champions again.
SOCHI, Russia - Sweden center Nicklas Backstrom watched from the athletes village as his teammates lost to Canada in the Olympic hockey gold-medal game because he failed a doping test for a substance found in an allergy medication.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia's post-Soviet athletic decline hit bottom at the Vancouver Olympics, where the once dominant winter sporting nation left with only three gold medals and the daunting task of rebuilding its team in time to host the Sochi Games.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - At the midpoint of the Sochi Games, not yet marred by a single case of doping, the IOC's top medical official said its efforts to catch drug cheats were so successful they had scared them all away.
SOCHI, Russia - IOC President Thomas Bach hailed the Sochi Olympics on Sunday for showcasing the "amazing" transformation of a fading resort town where he once feared being hit in the head by a falling roof.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Weather worries. Track troubles. Ukraine's unity. Domracheva dominating. And Bjoerndalen being brilliant.
MACON, Georgia - Just in time for his entry into the Hall of Fame, Frank Thomas is moving up to the broadcasting big leagues.