- Gordon's suspension defies PED stereotypes Updated: May-02-16 10:01 pm
Dee Gordon's suspension was another reminder of an issue that may never totally go away: performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.
- Dodgers' pitcher Ravin given 80-game drug suspension Updated: May-02-16 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Josh Ravin was suspended Monday for 80 games following a positive test under Major League Baseball's drug program.
- Chiefs gamble on trio of players with background questions Updated: May-01-16 9:24 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have put as much faith in their off-the-field detective work as their between-the-lines scouting the past few years, and the result has been draft gems such as Marcus Peters.
- Nadal looks to keep momentum at Madrid Masters Updated: May-01-16 3:43 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal arrives at the Madrid Masters with a chance to erase any doubts about his form going into the French Open.
- Marlins' no-hit bid broken up with 1 out in 9th vs Brewers Updated: Apr-29-16 11:02 pm
MILWAUKEE - Jonathan Lucroy blooped a single with one out in the ninth inning to break up the combo no-hit bid by the Miami Marlins at Milwaukee.
- Banned Marlins star Dee Gordon says he unknowingly took PEDs Updated: Apr-29-16 9:51 pm
MIAMI - To the president of the Miami Marlins, whatever star Dee Gordon did to trigger a positive drug test still amounted to one thing.
- Drug dealers use 'Steph Curry' likeness to market heroin Updated: Apr-29-16 5:28 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia drug dealers looking to market their heroin as top of the line are stamping packets with the likeness of Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry.
- Cyclist Yates can keep racing despite positive doping test Updated: Apr-29-16 1:17 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - British cyclist Simon Yates can continue to race despite a positive doping test during the Paris-Nice race, the International Cycling Union said Friday.
- UCI tests for hidden motors at Tour de Romandie all negative Updated: Apr-29-16 12:21 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - The International Cycling Union has tested bicycles at the Tour de Romandie for using hidden motors and all the tests were negative.
- Belarus tennis player escapes punishment over meldonium Updated: Apr-29-16 12:15 pm
LONDON - A player from Belarus has escaped punishment after testing positive for meldonium, the same substance found in Maria Sharapova's sample at the Australian Open, the International Tennis Federation says.
- Marlins' sweep overshadowed by Gordon's PED suspension Updated: Apr-29-16 2:46 am
LOS ANGELES - Dee Gordon celebrated with the Miami Marlins following a huge four-game sweep.
- British Cycling confirm unnamed rider tests positive Updated: Apr-28-16 6:42 pm
LONDON - British Cycling says an unnamed rider has tested positive in a race.
- Twins minor leaguer suspended 80 games for positive test Updated: Apr-28-16 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Minnesota Twins outfielder Reynaldo Rodriguez, an All-Star at Triple-A last year, has been suspended 80 games following a positive test under baseball's minor league drug program.
- Russian boxing champ Gradovich banned for doping Updated: Apr-28-16 12:24 pm
MOSCOW - The Russian anti-doping agency says former world boxing champion Evgeny Gradovich has been banned for two years for breaking anti-doping rules.
- UEFA opens case against Sakho after failed doping test Updated: Apr-28-16 9:23 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Mamadou Sakho after the Liverpool defender failed a doping test.
- Mexico watches out for banned steroid clenbuterol in food Updated: Apr-27-16 8:26 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico is watching out for the banned steroid clenbuterol - on the dinner plates of its athletes.
- Russia tops doping in 2014, athletics has most cases Updated: Apr-27-16 5:51 pm
MONTREAL - Russia was responsible for more doping violations than any other country in 2014, while track and field was the sport with the worst doping record over the year, according to the World Anti-Doping Agency.
- Nadal to be Spain's flag-bearer at Rio Games Updated: Apr-27-16 1:26 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal is getting a second chance to be Spain's Olympic flag-bearer.
- Russian track team could return at European Championships Updated: Apr-27-16 12:22 pm
GENEVA - If reinstated in June, Russia could still compete at the European track championships in July, the head of European Athletics said Wednesday after meeting senior officials in Moscow.
- Kazakh hurdler Soprunova banned 4 years for doping Updated: Apr-27-16 7:54 am
MOSCOW - Kazakh hurdler Anastasia Soprunova has been given a four-year doping ban and will lose her gold medal from the Asian indoor championships.
- Rafael Nadal wants his drug-test results made public Updated: Apr-26-16 1:49 pm
LONDON - Fed up with being accused of doping, Rafael Nadal has written to the president of the International Tennis Federation and asked for all of his drug-test results and blood profile records to be made public.
- Wimbledon prize money increased by 5 percent for 2016 Updated: Apr-26-16 12:38 pm
LONDON - This year's men's and women's singles champions at Wimbledon will each receive nearly $3 million, as the Grand Slam tournament increases overall prize money by 5 percent.
- Pair of minor leaguers suspended for drugs of abuse Updated: Apr-25-16 5:18 pm
NEW YORK - San Francisco shortstop Travious Relaford has been suspended for 100 games following a third positive test for a drug of abuse under baseball's minor league drug program, and free agent pitcher Brent Jones has been banned 50 games after a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
- WADA appoints cycling doping expert to Russia project Updated: Apr-25-16 12:52 pm
MONTREAL - A former war crimes investigator who examined doping in the Lance Armstrong era of cycling will help rebuild Russia's discredited anti-doping program.
- Nadal sues former French minister who accused him of doping Updated: Apr-25-16 12:24 pm
MADRID - Rafael Nadal filed suit Monday against a former French minister who accused him of doping, saying he needs to defend his integrity and image as an athlete.