- Gates returns to Chargers after 4-game PED suspension Updated: Oct-07-15 7:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - As he served a four-game suspension for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs, Antonio Gates followed San Diego Chargers games through score updates on his cellphone.
- Dinamo Zagreb player fails doping test after Arsenal match Updated: Oct-07-15 7:24 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Dinamo Zagreb says midfielder Arijan Ademi failed a doping test after the Croatian side's Champions League win over Arsenal last month.
- WADA keeps thyroid medication off banned-substances list Updated: Oct-07-15 4:52 pm
MONTREAL - Leaders at the World Anti-Doping Agency say there's no scientific reason to ban thyroid medication, despite reports that some high-profile long-distance runners use the medicine during training.
- Report: Armstrong physician aims to stop film distribution Updated: Oct-07-15 1:40 pm
ROME - Lance Armstrong's former physician has reportedly filed a lawsuit aiming to halt distribution in Italy of a movie about the disgraced cyclist.
- After defying quit calls, Blatter mediates between FAs Updated: Oct-06-15 6:54 pm
ZURICH - After defying pleas from FIFA sponsors to quit immediately, President Sepp Blatter is continuing regular business at soccer's governing body, presiding over a dispute between football federations on Tuesday.
- Carolina Kostner says she is ready to return to competition Updated: Oct-06-15 12:00 pm
MILAN - With her suspension coming to an end, Olympic bronze medalist Carolina Kostner already has her sights set on the 2018 Games in Pyeongchang.
- Kostner cleared to compete in 2016 after settling dispute Updated: Oct-05-15 11:36 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Former figure skating world champion Carolina Kostner has been cleared to compete next year after settling a dispute with the Italian Olympic Committee and World Anti-Doping Agency over whether she helped her former boyfriend cheat.
- Ivan Basso retires from professional cycling Updated: Oct-05-15 11:07 am
MILAN - Two-time Giro d'Italia winner Ivan Basso is retiring from professional cycling after recovering from cancer.
- Former coach of banned runner Jeptoo has contract terminated Updated: Oct-05-15 9:49 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - The former coach of banned marathon runner Rita Jeptoo has had his contract terminated by his employers after another Kenyan under his control failed a doping test.
- The Latest: Discovery on golf course inspired Nobel winner Updated: Oct-05-15 8:47 am
STOCKHOLM - Latest developments in the announcement of the Nobel Prize in Medicine (all times local):
- In FIFA crisis, politicians must turn up the heat for change Updated: Oct-02-15 7:54 am
PARIS - Here's a cheery thought for those despairing of the unrelenting disaster that is FIFA. In Chinese, the word "crisis" is formed from two characters: "danger" and "opportunity." As grim as things look at the top of football, there may still be a chance to salvage a brighter future from the scorched earth of Sepp Blatter's reign.
- WADA updates list of banned substances Updated: Sep-30-15 6:13 am
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has added an anti-ischemic drug to its list of banned substances.
- Anthony Kim says golf only 'a fond memory of mine' Updated: Sep-30-15 2:39 am
Anthony Kim was tired of whispers on the PGA Tour about what was wrong with him and his game, so he found a patch of grass behind a row of trees down from the practice range at Quail Hollow and hit balls for two hours.
- Minor leaguers receive 50-game drug suspensions Updated: Sep-28-15 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - Two minor league baseball players have been suspended for 50 games without pay for drug violations.
- Lance Armstrong settles case with promotions company Updated: Sep-27-15 6:29 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - With a payment and an apology, Lance Armstrong has settled a decade-long dispute with a promotions company that sought repayment of more than $10 million in bonuses it paid the former cyclist during a career that was later exposed to be fueled by performance-enhancing drugs.
- World championships proving to be referendum on doping Updated: Sep-27-15 9:24 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - One of the first things riders are required to do after crossing the finish line at the world championships is turn right, follow the bright red signs and report to doping control.
- Diamondbacks farmhand Kal Simmons suspended 50 games Updated: Sep-24-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - Arizona Diamondbacks farmhand Kal Simmons has been suspended 50 games without pay after a positive test under baseball's minor league drug program.
- Activision expanding 'Call of Duty' e-sports competition Updated: Sep-24-15 4:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - Activision is widening the scope of e-sports competition for "Call of Duty" players.
- UCI passes reforms for men's professional road cycling Updated: Sep-22-15 6:23 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The UCI announced a series of reforms Tuesday aimed at streamlining the calendar and providing the top level of men's professional cycling with a more stable operating environment.
- WADA, China sign deal to crack down on doping products Updated: Sep-22-15 1:14 pm
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency and Chinese officials have signed an agreement to crack down on the manufacture and supply of performance-enhancing drugs in China.
- 6 Russian race walkers suspended over positive drug tests Updated: Sep-22-15 12:29 pm
MOSCOW - Six world-class Russian race walkers including a reigning European champion have been suspended after failing doping tests a year before the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Another rider caught in retesting of doping samples Updated: Sep-21-15 10:55 am
AIGLE, Switzerland - An International Cycling Union policy of re-testing stored doping samples has led to a third rider being provisionally suspended pending a disciplinary case.
- UEFA dismisses doping suspicions in football despite study Updated: Sep-20-15 6:09 pm
LONDON - UEFA has dismissed the notion that drug use may be common among top footballers after a study it commissioned showed a high number of suspicious testosterone levels.
- Bahrain's Sheikha Al Khalifa banned after doping offense Updated: Sep-18-15 8:31 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A member of Bahrain's royal family, Sheikha Najla Bint Salman Al Khalifa, has been given a two-year ban by equestrian sport's ruling body after her horse Salahdin Du Lauragais failed a doping test Italy in last year.
- UK Athletics clears Farah to continue working with Salazar Updated: Sep-18-15 5:24 am
LONDON - British track and field's governing body says there is "no reason to be concerned" about Mo Farah or other British athletes working with American coach Alberto Salazar.