- Frenzied month for American sprinter Justin Gatlin Updated: May-27-15 2:35 am
Within a matter of days this month, Justin Gatlin had an Olympic relay silver medal stripped, shattered his personal-best mark in the 100 and missed a meet in Beijing over a misunderstanding.
- Manfred understands why minority interviews skipped Updated: May-21-15 8:30 pm
NEW YORK - New baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred said he understands why the Milwaukee Brewers and Miami Marlins did not interview any minority candidates when they hired new managers this month.
- Italian cycling team summoned for breaching rules Updated: May-20-15 9:12 am
PARIS - The Movement for Credible Cycling as summoned the Bardiani-CSF team to a meeting next month after one of its riders entered the Giro d'Italia despite an abnormally low cortisol level.
- Lance: Armstrong: Postal Service deal worth more to feds Updated: May-19-15 6:08 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Lance Armstrong's legal team argued Tuesday that his Tour de France victories were worth far more to sponsor U.S. Postal Service than they were to him as it detailed part of his defense against a fraud lawsuit filed by the federal government.
- Hull manager in shock at player's failed drugs test Updated: May-16-15 8:09 pm
HULL, England - Hull manager Steve Bruce said he was "shocked, saddened, disappointed and angry" after his midfielder Jake Livermore failed a drugs test.
- Mets minor leaguer Jacquez suspended 50 games for drugs Updated: May-16-15 2:42 pm
NEW YORK - Mets minor league pitcher Ricky Jacquez has been suspended 50 games for a second positive test for a drug of abuse.
- Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland dies at 77 Updated: May-16-15 11:14 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland has died after a battle against cancer, the International Olympic Committee said Saturday. He was 77.
- Police suspect drug overdose in boxer Tony Ayala Jr.'s death Updated: May-14-15 9:29 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Heroin and a syringe were found next to the body of Tony Ayala Jr., San Antonio police disclosed Thursday in a report that says investigators suspect a drug overdose killed the troubled boxer.
- 3 indicted in meth case after drugs found in tennis balls Updated: May-14-15 4:34 pm
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Three people have been indicted on federal charges in alleged conspiracy to ship meth to Jackson County to distribute, court records show.
- IAAF: Shobukhova doping case to be settled in the next week Updated: May-14-15 7:05 am
DOHA, Qatar - The IAAF expects a resolution "very quickly" in the doping case of three-time Chicago Marathon champion Liliya Shobukhova.
- WADA lifts suspension of doping lab for 2016 Rio Olympics Updated: May-13-15 7:38 pm
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has lifted the suspension of the drug-testing lab in Rio de Janeiro, clearing the way for its use at next year's Olympics.
- IOC strips US of Olympic relay medals in Gay doping case Updated: May-13-15 3:31 pm
LONDON - The entire U.S. men's sprint relay team was stripped of its silver medal from the 2012 London Olympics on Wednesday as a result of Tyson Gay's doping case.
- World 1,500 meter champ Kiprop 'offended' by doping link Updated: May-13-15 3:10 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Two-time 1,500-meter world champion Asbel Kiprop said Wednesday he feels personally offended by his name being linked in the media with doping after Kenya's athletics federation suspended the management company that represents him.
- Italian rider Rabottini banned 2 years for doping with EPO Updated: May-13-15 5:00 am
AIGLE, Switzerland - Italian cyclist Matteo Rabottini has been banned for two years after testing positive for EPO.
- WADA: micro-doses of drugs could escape detection Updated: May-12-15 2:41 pm
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has acknowledged that a French documentary "did raise questions" about the ability of athletes to take micro-doses of banned substances and escape detection under biological passport rules.
- Another Russian walker caught doping, banned for 4 years Updated: May-12-15 11:11 am
MOSCOW - Russian race walker Tatyana Akulinushkina has received a four-year ban for doping, in another blow to Russia's scandal-hit athletics team.
- WADA to appeal decision in Essendon supplements case Updated: May-11-15 11:54 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The World Anti-Doping Agency is set to appeal against the Australian Football League anti-doping tribunal's findings in the Essendon supplements case.
- Illinois State back Coprich faces drug charge, suspension Updated: May-11-15 5:27 pm
NORMAL, Illinois - Authorities say Illinois State University running back Marshaun Coprich is facing a drug charge and has been suspended from the team.
- Gatlin eager for showdown with Bolt in August at worlds Updated: May-11-15 4:18 am
Justin Gatlin ruled the track last season in a very Usain Bolt-like fashion: 18 wins in 18 races.
- Organizations collaborate on anti-doping measures in cycling Updated: May-09-15 3:06 pm
The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has joined with the Cycling Anti-Doping Foundation and the UCI, cycling's world governing body, to conduct drug testing during this week's Tour of California.
- Column: After sullied week in sports, let's all shower off Updated: May-08-15 6:02 pm
After a sullied week in sports, we sure could use a shower.
- 3 minor leaguers, including 2 Reds, given drug suspensions Updated: May-08-15 5:53 pm
NEW YORK - Cincinnati Reds pitchers David Ayala and Adolfi Telleria have been suspended 25 games each for violating baseball's minor league drug program and free agent pitcher Dawson Brown was banned 50 games.
- Brazil hoping WADA approves anti-doping lab for Rio Olympics Updated: May-08-15 3:11 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian sports officials say they are hopeful a new anti-doping laboratory will be approved next week by the Montreal-based World Anti-Doping Agency.
- Floyd Mayweather's ex-girlfriend sues boxer for defamation Updated: May-06-15 3:47 pm
LOS ANGELES - The mother of three of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s children sued the undefeated boxing champion for defamation over his recent comments about her and a 2010 domestic violence attack in Las Vegas.
- CAS sets 2-day hearing in Marta Dominguez doping case Updated: May-06-15 7:59 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Former world champion runner Marta Dominguez will face accusations of blood doping at a two-day hearing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.