- Russian cyclist suspended after positive doping test Updated: Feb-05-16 12:15 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - Russian cyclist Eduard Vorganov has been provisionally suspended following a positive doping test.
- Brazil, Shakhtar player Fred's doping ban extended worldwide Updated: Feb-05-16 9:03 am
ZURICH - FIFA has extended Brazil midfielder Fred's doping ban worldwide, ruling him out of four months of matches for Shakhtar Donetsk.
- IAAF looking into claims of state-sanctioned doping in China Updated: Feb-05-16 7:53 am
BEIJING - The IAAF is investigating the authenticity of a two-decade-old letter published in Chinese media that suggests state-sanctioned doping in the 1990s, and casts doubt on the longstanding world records set by Wang Junxia in the women's 3,000 and 10,000 meters.
- Manning's legal team looked into documentary Updated: Feb-04-16 9:18 pm
Private investigators working for Peyton Manning visited the source of a report that he and other star athletes had obtained performance-enhancing drugs before the documentary aired late last year, according to a report from The Washington Post on Thursday.
- 2 minor league pitchers draw 50-game drug suspensions Updated: Feb-04-16 5:08 pm
NEW YORK - Two minor league pitchers have been suspended 50 games each because of drug violations.
- IBU provisionally bans biathlete for suspected doping Updated: Feb-04-16 12:46 pm
SALZBURG, Austria - The International Biathlon Union has provisionally suspended an unidentified athlete for suspected doping following a test during a World Cup event last month.
- European cycling champion Brezhniva banned for doping Updated: Feb-04-16 10:48 am
MOSCOW - Two-time European track cycling champion Elena Brezhniva of Russia has been banned for four years for doping.
- Italian figure skater Kostner won't compete until September Updated: Feb-04-16 9:14 am
ROME - Her suspension ended for helping her ex-boyfriend evade doping controls, Olympic bronze medalist Carolina Kostner says she will return to figure skating competition in September.
- Miller's the loose leader of the Denver Broncos Updated: Feb-02-16 2:14 am
SAN JOSE, California - When the NFL turned its anvil into a carrot, giving Von Miller a way out of its drug program, Denver's star linebacker was free to be himself this season - and was he ever.
- 3 officials file appeals against life bans in IAAF case Updated: Feb-01-16 9:17 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Three athletics officials banned for life by the IAAF for bribery and extortion to cover up a Russian doping case have appealed to sport's highest court.
- Bike manufacturer says will sue Belgian rider over motor use Updated: Feb-01-16 8:20 am
PARIS - Italian manufacturer Wilier Triestina says it will sue the Belgian cyclist who used a motor on her bike at the cyclo-cross world championships in the latest scandal to rock the sport.
- 4 African champions among 8 Nigerians banned for doping Updated: Feb-01-16 8:11 am
ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigeria has banned eight athletes for doping, four of them gold-medal winners and one a silver medalist at the All Africa Games last year.
- USADA helping NFL in Manning HGH probe Updated: Jan-28-16 7:54 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Garbage then. Garbage now.
- 3 minor leaguers suspended for drug violations Updated: Jan-28-16 4:02 pm
NEW YORK - San Francisco pitcher Dylan Brooks has been suspended for 50 games following an unspecified violation of baseball's minor league drug program.
- Former Los Angeles Marathon winner gets 2-year doping ban Updated: Jan-27-16 1:21 pm
MONACO - The winner of women's race at the 2013 Los Angeles Marathon has received a two-year doping ban.
- NFL conducting comprehensive investigation of Manning Updated: Jan-27-16 2:06 am
DENVER - The NFL says it is conducting a comprehensive review of allegations that Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning had human growth hormone delivered to his house.
- Peyton Manning to Belichick: 'This might be my last rodeo.' Updated: Jan-26-16 9:01 pm
DENVER - Peyton Manning isn't saying that Super Bowl 50 is his grand finale.
- AP NewsBreak: US athletes urge expansion of Russian probe Updated: Jan-26-16 4:26 pm
U.S. Olympic athletes sent a letter to leaders of the International Olympic Committee and World Anti-Doping Agency this week, urging them to expand the investigation into Russian doping to sports beyond track and field.
- Ducks' Shawn Horcoff suspended 20 games for banned treatment Updated: Jan-26-16 2:59 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Anaheim Ducks forward Shawn Horcoff was suspended for 20 games Tuesday for violating the terms of the NHL's performance-enhancing substances program.
- UK official: IAAF ethics body looking at '17, '19 worlds Updated: Jan-26-16 2:40 pm
LONDON - Qatar's bids for the 2017 and 2019 world athletics championships have been referred to the IAAF ethics commission for bribery allegations to be investigated, the head of UK Athletics said on Tuesday.
- CAS to rule on Bulgaria ban from Olympic weightlifting Updated: Jan-26-16 10:56 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Court of Arbitration for Sport expects to rule this week on Bulgaria's ban from Olympic weightlifting competition because of doping.
- Duda, Mejia agree with Mets and avoid arbitration Updated: Jan-25-16 8:00 pm
NEW YORK - First baseman Lucas Duda and suspended reliever Jenrry Mejia have agreed to one-year contracts with the New York Mets and avoided salary arbitration.
- Russian runner stripped of European silver medal for doping Updated: Jan-25-16 11:47 am
MOSCOW - Irina Maracheva was stripped of her 800-meter silver medal from the 2012 European Championships in one of four doping cases announced Monday involving female Russian athletes.
- Bach: Lamine Diack brought IAAF 'into the abyss' Updated: Jan-25-16 9:10 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - IOC President Thomas Bach says former IAAF head Lamine Diack brought his sport "into the abyss" by extorting money from athletes to cover up doping.
- Adidas says it is seeking more information from IAAF Updated: Jan-25-16 4:27 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Adidas, a major sponsor of global athletics, is in "close contact" with track and field's governing body, the IAAF, about the sport's doping and corruption scandals, the sportswear company said Monday, amid reports it is considering ending its sponsorship.