- IAAF suspends 3 senior Kenyan track and field officials Updated: Nov-30-15 1:16 pm
LONDON - Three senior Kenyan track and field federation officials were suspended by the IAAF on Monday over accusations they subverted the east African nation's anti-doping system and siphoned money from Nike.
- Thomas Bach: Hamburg bid rejection is 'missed opportunity' Updated: Nov-30-15 12:21 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The rejection of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics marks a "missed opportunity" for the city and Germany, IOC President Thomas Bach said Monday.
- Fury calls Klitschko camp 'cheats,' feared he'd be drugged Updated: Nov-30-15 10:45 am
BOLTON, England - Tyson Fury accused Wladimir Klitschko's camp of being "cheats," saying Monday that he refused to accept any water after beating the Ukrainian in their world heavyweight title fight for fear of being drugged.
- Russia drops plan to disband doping agency after scandal Updated: Nov-30-15 5:42 am
MOSCOW - Russia says it will reform its national anti-doping agency rather than shut it down.
- 7 more Kenyan athletes banned for doping Updated: Nov-27-15 4:23 pm
Two-time cross-country world champion Emily Chebet was among seven Kenyan athletes banned for doping Friday, another indication that the country has a serious problem of cheating among its famed distance runners.
- Former East German athlete testifies to the evils of doping Updated: Nov-27-15 1:35 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Heidi Krieger didn't ask questions when her coaches added a regimen of blue pills to the handful of vitamins she was already taking every day.
- IAAF clears Radcliffe, defends its blood testing program Updated: Nov-27-15 1:17 pm
LONDON - The IAAF cleared marathon world record-holder Paula Radcliffe of doping allegations on Friday and rejected claims that it failed to act on hundreds of suspicious blood tests, saying the accusations lacked "any scientific or legal basis."
- Russia vows to follows recommendations on doping Updated: Nov-27-15 11:11 am
MOSCOW - Russia said Friday it will follow any recommendations from the World Anti-Doping Agency to clean up its own troubled drug-testing body.
- Sebastian Coe gives up role with Nike amid scrutiny Updated: Nov-26-15 3:51 pm
MONACO - Although new to his job, Sebastian Coe has already learned that some battles are simply not worth fighting when you're trying to lead a major sport out of crisis.
- Russia bans weightlifters, cyclists and dancer for doping Updated: Nov-26-15 12:50 pm
MOSCOW - Two Russian weightlifters, two professional cyclists and a sport dancer have been banned for doping, the country's anti-doping agency said Thursday.
- UEFA confirms steroid positive test in Dinamo Zagreb case Updated: Nov-26-15 8:43 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has confirmed that Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Arijan Ademi was banned after testing positive for the anabolic steroid stanozolol.
- Ex-lawyer: Charged sports betting pro worked as informant Updated: Nov-25-15 3:23 pm
MILWAUKEE - A former lawyer for a Florida sports betting pro facing federal extortion charges in Wisconsin has claimed the man worked as an informant and helped in the seizure of $750 million from offshore bookies.
- Cubs minor leaguer Griggs suspended 50 games for drug test Updated: Nov-25-15 1:01 pm
NEW YORK - Chicago Cubs pitcher Tanner Griggs has been suspended for the first 50 games of next season after a positive test for amphetamine under baseball's minor league drug program.
- Olympic marathoner Shmyrko banned for doping in Ukraine Updated: Nov-25-15 9:56 am
MOSCOW - Ukrainian marathon runner Tetyana Shmyrko has been banned for four years for a doping offense.
- Former coach sentenced for meth-in-tennis-balls conspiracy Updated: Nov-25-15 9:51 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A federal judge has sentenced a 36-year-old man to serve more than 23 years in prison for his involvement in large-scale drug conspiracy.
- Summer Olympic federations set up anti-doping task force Updated: Nov-25-15 6:38 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Summer sports federations have set up a task force to study their anti-doping programs as Olympic officials consider turning over all drug-testing to an independent body.
- CAS to judge bans for 6 Russian athletes caught doping Updated: Nov-24-15 9:25 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Russian anti-doping system will go on trial at the Court of Arbitration for Sport next week with two Olympic medals at stake.
- UCI cuts ties with head of Russian anti-doping agency Updated: Nov-24-15 9:14 am
MOSCOW - Cycling's world governing body, the UCI, has cut ties with Russian anti-doping agency managing director Nikita Kamaev amid Russia's doping scandal.
- Winston-led Buccaneers gaining confidence by the victory Updated: Nov-23-15 9:02 pm
TAMPA, Florida - A rare winning streak, a .500 record this deep into a season for the first time since 2012, and legitimate aspirations of creeping back into the NFC playoff race.
- NY Gaming Commission proposes new race horse drug rules Updated: Nov-23-15 8:02 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York regulators have fined one of horse racing's winningest trainers and say they're pursuing new equine drug regulations after a probe into abuse allegations by an animal-rights group.
- Protesters occupy headquarters of Kenya athletics federation Updated: Nov-23-15 12:54 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - A group of Kenyan athletes occupied the headquarters of the national track and field federation on Monday, demanding the removal of its top officials in a protest against doping and corruption.
- UEFA bans Dinamo Zagreb's Ademi for 4 years for doping Updated: Nov-21-15 8:25 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA says it banned Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Arijan Ademi for four years after he tested positive for doping at a Champions League match.
- NCAA denies appeal of 1-year suspension for Florida's Grier Updated: Nov-20-15 11:22 pm
No. 8 Florida says the NCAA has denied quarterback Will Grier's appeal of a one-year suspension for failing a drug test.
- IOC president proposes overhaul of WADA doping operations Updated: Nov-20-15 4:27 pm
PRAGUE - IOC President Thomas Bach proposed an overhaul of the World Anti-Doping Agency's operations Friday, including the creation of independent testing and professional intelligence-gathering units to avoid the kind of scandals that have embroiled Russia and track and field.
- Sports scramble for new drug testing in Russia Updated: Nov-20-15 1:04 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's doping scandal has forced international sports leaders to find new drug-testing facilities for winter events being held in the country.