- Diack fights back at allegations of widespread doping Updated: Aug-03-15 7:26 am
PARIS - With his federation embattled by widespread doping allegations that could lead to a reshuffle of Olympic and world championship podiums for more than a decade, IAAF president Lamine Diack defended his organization's anti-doping record and dismissed the accusations as a "joke" on Monday.
- Tom Danielson tests positive for synthetic testosterone Updated: Aug-03-15 4:59 am
PARIS - American cyclist Tom Danielson says he tested positive for synthetic testosterone in an out-of-competition test performed last month.
- IOC ready to act if Olympic medals affected by doping Updated: Aug-03-15 3:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The IOC will take action against any Olympic athletes if they are found guilty of the latest doping allegations rocking the sport of track and field, IOC President Thomas Bach said Monday.
- Miller no longer in NFL's drug program Updated: Aug-02-15 8:40 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Von Miller no longer carries all those extra pounds or the weight of the world.
- Sun Yang hits back at critics of doping ban after 400 win Updated: Aug-02-15 2:44 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Sun Yang hit back at the criticism stemming from his doping ban after defending his world title in the 400-meter freestyle at the swimming world championships Sunday.
- British swimmer Peaty in fight for world record ratification Updated: Aug-01-15 12:20 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Nearly a year later, British swimmer Adam Peaty's world record in the 50-meter breaststroke isn't ratified.
- Hawks F Mike Scott arrested on drug charges in NE Georgia Updated: Jul-30-15 10:46 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta Hawks forward Mike Scott has been arrested on drug charges.
- Jets' Richardson facing charges for resisting arrest Updated: Jul-30-15 10:02 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Sheldon Richardson has already been suspended four games by the NFL for drug use. The New York Jets defensive lineman is now facing trouble with the law.
- 2 Orioles minor league pitchers suspended for PEDs Updated: Jul-30-15 6:08 pm
NEW YORK - Baltimore Orioles shortstop Jared Breen and right-hander Nick Cunningham have been suspended 80 games each for positive tests under baseball's minor league drug program.
- 3 Yankees minor league pitchers suspended for drug tests Updated: Jul-29-15 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - Three New York Yankees pitchers in the Dominican Summer League have been suspended 72 games each for positive tests under baseball's minor league drug program.
- UCI suspends Italian team after 2 doping cases in June Updated: Jul-29-15 11:12 am
AIGLE, Switzerland - The International Cycling Union has suspended Italian team Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec from international races for 30 days after two riders tested positive for doping.
- Mets reliever Mejia banned for year for positive drug test Updated: Jul-29-15 12:09 am
NEW YORK - Just back from an 80-game drug suspension, New York Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia was banned for an additional 162 games Tuesday by Major League Baseball following a second positive test for performance-enhancing substances.
- Michelle Wie limps into her next major Updated: Jul-28-15 7:20 pm
Michelle Wie has quite the entourage these days.
- Italian cycling team faces UCI ban for doping by 2nd rider Updated: Jul-27-15 12:36 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - Italian cycling team Androni Giocattoli-Sidermec faces being suspended from all races after a second rider tested positive for doping within weeks.
- Olympic skicross racer banned in doping rule case Updated: Jul-27-15 11:00 am
BERN, Switzerland - Two-time Olympic skicross racer Sanna Luedi of Switzerland has been banned from competing for one year after breaking anti-doping rules.
- Chris Froome wins 2nd Tour de France Updated: Jul-26-15 4:06 pm
PARIS - All for one, one for all, and all bathed in yellow.
- 2-year doping ban upheld against British boxer Kid Galahad Updated: Jul-24-15 9:03 am
LONDON - British boxer Kid Galahad, also known as Abdul Barry Awad, dropped his appeal for a positive test for the steroid stanozolol, U.K. Anti-Doping said on Friday.
- Biletnikoff helps build fitting tribute to slain daughter Updated: Jul-24-15 2:38 am
LOOMIS, California - Fred Biletnikoff beamed as the girls from the substance abuse home named for his slain daughter spoke of how Tracey's Place of Hope has helped them.
- Electronic Sports League to begin random drug tests Updated: Jul-23-15 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Drug testing is coming to e-sports.
- Feds end prosecution of Barry Bonds without conviction Updated: Jul-21-15 8:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - After a nearly decade-long steroids prosecution, Barry Bonds emerged victorious Tuesday when federal prosecutors dropped what was left of their criminal case against the career home runs leader.
- Pan Am medical head says 8 positive tests so far Updated: Jul-21-15 7:24 pm
TORONTO - The head of the medical commission for the Pan Am Games says there have been eight positive doping tests so far, a figure he puts "in the average range" for what would be expected at the multi-sports event.
- A timeline in the career of Barry Bonds Updated: Jul-21-15 6:38 pm
June 3, 1985 - Barry Bonds, son of major league All-Star Bobby Bonds, is selected by Pittsburgh with the fifth pick in the first round of amateur draft.
- Column: Important not to let Armstrong ruin Tour again Updated: Jul-21-15 12:02 pm
LES BLAYES, France - In his biography, Chris Froome recounts how his two elder brothers used to amuse themselves by locking him in a dog kennel with an angry, scratching turkey. "Only when I was in absolute floods of tears would they open the cage up and let me out," the Tour de France race leader recounts.
- First week of Pan Am Games rousing success for Canada Updated: Jul-18-15 7:26 pm
TORONTO - The first week of the Pan Am Games has been a rousing success for host Canada.
- IOC president wants good competition from best golfers Updated: Jul-18-15 8:44 am
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - The president of the IOC says golf doesn't have to put on a spectacular show in its return to the Olympics after a 112-year absence except to have good competition among a wide range of the best players in the world.