- Italian cyclist Appollonio tests positive for EPO Updated: Jul-01-15 5:09 am
AIGLE, Switzerland - The International Cycling Union says Italian rider Davide Appollonio has tested positive for the endurance-boosting hormone EPO.
- Britain's anti-doping agency probes claims against Salazar Updated: Jun-30-15 12:11 pm
LONDON - Britain's anti-doping agency is investigating claims that American long-distance running coach Alberto Salazar encouraged athletes at the Nike Oregon Project to skirt anti-doping rules.
- Jamaica anti-doping agency starts collecting blood samples Updated: Jun-29-15 5:16 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaica's anti-doping agency announced Monday that it has started collecting blood samples to test athletes on the Caribbean island that produces the world's dominant sprinters.
- Gatlin & Co. ready to face Bolt at worlds Updated: Jun-29-15 4:08 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Justin Gatlin is still blazing fast at 33 years old. Same with Tyson Gay at 32 and Wallace Spearmon at 30.
- Gatlin cruises to 200 title with top time ever at nationals Updated: Jun-29-15 3:12 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Justin Gatlin just couldn't help himself. He pointed at the clock as he crossed the line, just to make sure no one missed his splendid time.
- Goucher lashes out at former coach Alberto Salazar Updated: Jun-28-15 5:00 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - An upset Kara Goucher took exception at being called a liar by Alberto Salazar after her former coach went public to clear his name over doping allegations.
- Orioles minor league pitcher suspended for drug of abuse Updated: Jun-26-15 4:17 pm
NEW YORK - Baltimore pitcher Dennis Torres has been suspended for 50 games under baseball's minor league drug program following a second positive test for a "drug of abuse."
- Farah staying with Salazar amid doping claims against coach Updated: Jun-26-15 11:33 am
LONDON - Double Olympic champion Mo Farah will continue working with Alberto Salazar, saying Friday he was satisfied with the response given by the American long-distance running coach to accusations of doping.
- Raducan asks IOC for gold medal back from 2000 Olympics Updated: Jun-26-15 10:55 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Fifteen years after being stripped of her Olympic gold medal following a positive drug test, former Romanian gymnast Andreea Raducan went to the IOC to see if she could get it back. She got sympathy, but not the medal.
- Mo Farah to race in 10,000 at Athletissima meeting Updated: Jun-26-15 9:56 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Double Olympic champion Mo Farah is to run in the 5,000 meters at the Diamond League meeting in Lausanne.
- Riis agrees with report about drugs on cycling team Updated: Jun-26-15 9:53 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former manager Bjarne Riis said Friday he agrees with a report by Denmark's anti-doping agency that concluded he deliberately ignored drug-taking by riders on the former Team CSC.
- Appeals court says judge properly dismissed Braun lawsuit Updated: Jun-25-15 11:13 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A judge properly dismissed a lawsuit alleging Milwaukee Brewers slugger Ryan Braun libeled a former friend who helped him fight allegations he used steroids, a state appeals court ruled Thursday.
- 2013 Tour de France champ Froome missed drug test this year Updated: Jun-24-15 8:06 pm
PARIS - Former Tour de France champion Chris Froome revealed on Wednesday he missed a drug test this year while taking a couple of days off in Italy with his wife.
- Mets pitcher among 2 minor leaguers suspended for drugs Updated: Jun-24-15 7:56 pm
NEW YORK - Mets pitcher Derrick Bernard and free agent Christopher R. Perez have been suspended 50 games each for violating baseball's minor league drug program.
- AP source: USADA looking into allegations against Salazar Updated: Jun-24-15 7:33 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has launched an investigation into allegations that famed track coach Alberto Salazar encouraged Olympic silver medalist Galen Rupp and others in his stable of elite runners to skirt anti-doping rules, The Associated Press has learned.
- Travis d'Arnaud back on DL for Mets with left elbow injury Updated: Jun-23-15 7:12 pm
MILWAUKEE - The injury-plagued New York Mets must absorb another blow to their roster after starting catcher Travis d'Arnaud was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left elbow injury.
- Anti-doping report: Riis knew about drugs on cycling team Updated: Jun-23-15 9:47 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former manager Bjarne Riis chose to ignore drug-taking by riders on the former Team CSC, a report by Denmark's anti-doping agency said on Tuesday.
- A-Rod homers for 3,000th hit; 29th player to reach milestone Updated: Jun-20-15 12:19 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez homered for his 3,000th career hit and smiled all the way around the bases Friday night, the highlight so far in what's become a resurgent season for the disgraced slugger.
- 3 more minor leaguers suspended for drug violations Updated: Jun-19-15 7:05 pm
NEW YORK - Kansas City outfielder Mike Bianucci, Seattle right-hander Edwin Martinez and Texas left-hander Chad James were suspended Friday for violating baseball's minor league drug program.
- Farah says he never doped; missed tests were 'mistakes' Updated: Jun-19-15 8:54 am
LONDON - Angered by "rumors and speculation" swirling around him, two-time Olympic champion Mo Farah said Friday that he has never taken performance-enhancing drugs and described his two missed tests as "simple mistakes."
- Welsh weightlifter Riddiford gets 4-year doping ban Updated: Jun-18-15 1:19 pm
LONDON - A Welsh weightlifter has become the first British athlete to receive a four-year ban under the new World Anti-Doping code.
- After Farah report, Britain says 2 missed tests 'not common' Updated: Jun-18-15 12:25 pm
LONDON - Britain's anti-doping agency defended its procedures for dealing with missed drug tests on Thursday after it was reported that distance runner Mo Farah missed two doping controls in the leadup to the 2012 London Olympics.
- Australian swimmer Palmer out of worlds after doping test Updated: Jun-18-15 5:03 am
SYDNEY - Kylie Palmer has withdrawn from the Australian swim team for next month's world championships in Kazan, Russia after testing positive for a banned substance at the Barcelona worlds in 2013.
- Verbruggen threatens UCI with lawsuit over doping report Updated: Jun-17-15 10:11 am
PARIS - Former UCI president Hein Verbruggen threatened legal action against cycling's governing body on Wednesday over its "outrageously biased, misleading and frequently wrong" investigation into the sport's doping past.
- Gundy: NCAA investigation helps Oklahoma State Updated: Jun-17-15 2:57 am
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy ignored the Sports Illustrated articles that brought major allegations against his program two years ago.