- Fantasy gaming bill wins 'Shroud Award' Updated: May-05-16 1:56 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Lawmakers have given the "Shroud Award" for the "deadest" bill of the legislative session to a bid to regulate and legalize fantasy sports.
- Highlights of what passed, failed in legislative session Updated: May-05-16 12:18 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Despite Wednesday's adjournment deadline, Connecticut legislators planned to return, possibly early next week, to vote on a new budget for fiscal year 2017, budget-related bills and Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's criminal justice bill.
- Advocacy group says Illinois fantasy sports bill needs work Updated: May-04-16 6:34 am
CHICAGO - A law enforcement advocacy group in Chicago says safeguards in proposed Illinois legislation on fantasy sports betting aren't good enough and could open the door to organized crime.
- Idahoans blocked from using paid fantasy sports sites Updated: May-02-16 6:51 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho is the most recent state to block fantasy sports fans from betting on sports contests through two multibillion dollar paid fantasy companies.
- DraftKings suit challenges state authority, Texas AG says Updated: May-02-16 6:42 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas' attorney general's office has answered a lawsuit filed by DraftKings, arguing that the online daily fantasy sports site is improperly challenging its authority on the issue.
- DraftKings, FanDuel agree to cease operations in Alabama Updated: Apr-29-16 7:36 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's attorney general says online fantasy sports betting sites have each entered into a settlement to cease operations in the state in a few days.
- Ethics Commission approves recusal by Raimondo staffer Updated: Apr-28-16 5:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Ethics Commission has OK'd a plan by the governor's chief of staff to isolate himself from any work involving the state's rules for online daily fantasy sports betting because his wife works for the industry.
- Romo's fantasy company fighting with NFL in court again Updated: Apr-27-16 9:00 pm
DALLAS - A fantasy football company partly owned by Dallas quarterback Tony Romo is fighting the NFL in court again, this time claiming the league is interfering with a second attempt to hold a fan-centric convention by asking sponsors not to participate.
- Fantasy sports registration bill clears House Updated: Apr-25-16 1:55 pm
DENVER - Colorado is closer to regulating fantasy online sports leagues.
- A look at the winning and losing legislation in Tennessee Updated: Apr-21-16 6:00 pm
As the Tennessee General Assembly works to adjourn for the year on Friday, here is a look at some of the winning and losing legislation from this year's session.
- Manfred: What's good for 'Goose,' not good for today's game Updated: Apr-21-16 5:01 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says this generation of players will determine its own unwritten rules on what emotion is acceptable to show on the field.
- House approves Fantasy Sports Tax Act Updated: Apr-19-16 4:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Legislature passed a bill that would make clear that fantasy sports betting is legal, but would also regulate it and put a tax on it.
- Looney says fantasy sports bill unlikely after AG's warning Updated: Apr-18-16 5:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Legislation authorizing fantasy sports appeared unlikely Monday to pass this year after the Connecticut attorney general said it could jeopardize the state's slot machine revenue-sharing agreement with two federally recognized Indian tribes.
- Romo fantasy event that was nixed in Vegas now set for LA Updated: Apr-14-16 7:38 pm
DALLAS - Tony Romo is ready for another attempt at a fantasy football event that organizers say the NFL essentially nixed last year because of plans to hold the fan-centric activities in Las Vegas.
- Measures to regulate fantasy sports in Maryland fail Updated: Apr-12-16 1:16 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Measures to regulate Internet fantasy sports betting in Maryland have failed in the state's legislature.
- Missouri lawmakers weigh daily fantasy sports rules, taxes Updated: Apr-09-16 4:58 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri House members this week took action to be among the first states to pass laws protecting daily fantasy sports, a business that has fallen under national scrutiny by state lawmakers and attorneys general.
- Missouri House passes bill on rules for daily fantasy sports Updated: Apr-07-16 5:23 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Fantasy sports could continue in Missouri without facing gambling regulations under a bill advancing in the state Legislature.
- Illinois delays daily fantasy sports legislation Updated: Apr-06-16 12:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A measure to legalize daily fantasy sports betting in Illinois is being delayed as lawmakers continue working on crafting the proposal.
- Alabama AG: Paid online fantasy sports sites are illegal Updated: Apr-05-16 6:06 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's attorney general says online fantasy sports betting sites are illegal according to state law.