- DraftKings makes long delayed push into UK Updated: Feb-05-16 2:10 pm
BOSTON - As its industry continues to tangle with U.S. policymakers, daily fantasy sports giant DraftKings is making its long-anticipated international push with a launch Friday in the United Kingdom.
- Rhode Island attorney general: Daily fantasy sports legal Updated: Feb-04-16 7:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Daily fantasy sports mix chance and skill and are legal under state law, the state's attorney general said Thursday.
- Hawaii prosecutor to fantasy sports sites: Stop taking bets Updated: Feb-02-16 8:34 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu Prosecuting Attorney Keith Kaneshiro is demanding that the heads of two major fantasy sports sites stop taking bets from Honolulu residents.
- Report: Daily fantasy sports losing major payment processor Updated: Jan-30-16 2:04 am
NEW YORK - An Ohio company that processes payments for daily fantasy sports sites says it will no longer handle their payments and will pull away from the $2 billion industry in February, according to a newspaper report.
- Hawaii bills would legalize fantasy sports sites, lottery Updated: Jan-28-16 7:14 pm
HONOLULU - Lawmakers in Hawaii want to make an exception to the state's gambling ban by legalizing fantasy sports contests.
- Ex-NIU running back sues FanDuel, DraftKings for using name Updated: Jan-28-16 10:12 am
CHICAGO - Former Northern Illinois University running back Akeem Daniels is suing two daily fantasy sports sites in Chicago federal court alleging they used his name to generate millions of dollars in revenue.
- Hawaii lawmakers file 2,000 bills on lottery, ferry, guns Updated: Jan-27-16 9:05 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers have filed more than 2,000 new bills in the 2016 legislative session as they race to turn in their proposals before a legislative deadline.
- California Senate backs rules for fantasy sports betting Updated: Jan-27-16 6:24 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's state Assembly approved minimal regulations Wednesday for the fast-growing daily fantasy sports industry amid a national debate over whether the online games violate states' gambling laws.
- Game on? Fantasy sports could become legal in Florida Updated: Jan-27-16 4:14 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida lawmakers are moving closer to making fantasy sports legal in the state.
- Oregon man files lawsuit against fantasy sports sites Updated: Jan-26-16 12:41 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon resident has filed a class-action lawsuit against two daily fantasy sports sites, claiming the businesses are operating illegal online sports betting.
- Gambling foes protest effort to legalize fantasy sports Updated: Jan-25-16 6:40 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gambling opponents are fighting a bill that would allow fantasy sports websites to operate in Nebraska, even though the industry estimates that 300,000 people in the state are already playing.
- Republican introduces bill to legalize fantasy sports Updated: Jan-25-16 4:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Big-time online fantasy sports sites could operate legally in Wisconsin if their founders pay the state thousands of dollars in registration fees under a bill a Republican lawmaker introduced Monday.
- Illinois AG seeks to dismiss DraftKings, FanDuel lawsuits Updated: Jan-22-16 8:39 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan is seeking to dismiss lawsuits brought by two daily fantasy sports sites that claim their contests are games of skill allowed by state law.
- The Latest: Republicans say spending plan unrealistic Updated: Jan-20-16 10:04 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The latest on developments Wednesday during Gov. Jay Nixon's State of the State address (all times local):
- Mark Cuban defends daily fantasy sports industry Updated: Jan-20-16 7:07 pm
DALLAS - Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is defending the daily fantasy sports industry the Texas attorney general considers illegal.
- Redskins WR Garcon, FanDuel resolve dispute out of court Updated: Jan-19-16 8:33 pm
WASHINGTON - A lawyer for Washington Redskins receiver Pierre Garcon says the player has voluntarily dropped his lawsuit against daily fantasy sports website FanDuel after settling out of court.
- Texas latest state to call daily fantasy sports illegal Updated: Jan-19-16 4:15 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas attorney general sided Tuesday with the growing list of states that consider daily fantasy sports sites such as DraftKings and FanDuel illegal, stopping short of ordering the multibillion-dollar industry to pack up and leave.
- Washington lawmakers aim to address illegal fantasy sports Updated: Jan-16-16 10:31 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Playing fantasy sports to win money in Washington is illegal.
- Report: Texas lottery officials pursued fantasy sports game Updated: Jan-15-16 9:46 pm
DALLAS - Records show that for months, the Texas Lottery Commission aggressively pursued efforts to get the Texas lottery involved in the multibillion-dollar fantasy sports business, The Dallas Morning News reported Friday.
- Md. lawmakers urged to take up fantasy betting this session Updated: Jan-15-16 6:00 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland lawmakers should clarify during this session whether daily betting on fantasy sports is allowed under the law, attorneys for the state recommended Friday.
- Vermont AG: Fantasy sports sites illegal in Vermont Updated: Jan-15-16 4:15 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A top lawyer with the Vermont attorney general's office told a state Senate committee Friday that online daily fantasy sports games are illegal in the state.
- Fantasy sites raise concerns about Massachusetts regs Updated: Jan-12-16 4:51 pm
BOSTON - Daily fantasy sports operators raised objections Tuesday to some of the regulations proposed for the online contests in Massachusetts, including a minimum 21-year-old age and restrictions on how much players can spend each month.
- Court permits fantasy sports in New York amid appeal process Updated: Jan-11-16 3:28 pm
NEW YORK - Daily fantasy sports sites DraftKings and FanDuel can continue operating in New York as they appeal a judge's order that they stop play in the state, a panel of appellate court judges ruled Monday.
- Lengthy budget delay to dominate 2016 legislative session Updated: Jan-10-16 1:40 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois has limped along without a budget since July and solving that gridlock will be lawmakers' top priority in the impending session, a time when they've traditionally turned attention to passing a fresh budget for the coming fiscal year.
- Q&A: Healey looking forward to her second year in office Updated: Jan-10-16 11:31 am
BOSTON - Attorney General Maura Healey was a political newcomer when she surprised many in 2014 by winning the second more influential statewide office in Massachusetts.