- NY court hears arguments on fantasy sports Updated: Nov-25-15 4:39 pm
NEW YORK - A judge said Wednesday he would not take long to rule on a motion by New York's top law enforcement official to stop the country's two biggest daily fantasy sports companies from operating following two hours of arguments in a packed Manhattan courtroom.
- FANTASY PLAYS: Javorius Allen may help owners down stretch Updated: Nov-24-15 5:56 am
Meet Baltimore rookie tailback Javorius Allen, a fourth-round draft pick out of Southern California who just might become a vital addition to that playoff push for fantasy owners everywhere.
- Massachusetts governor backs plan to regulate fantasy sports Updated: Nov-23-15 4:44 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts' governor says he thinks fantasy sports regulations recommended by the state's attorney general are on the mark.
- Lions' new president stresses ties to Ford family Updated: Nov-20-15 7:09 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Rod Wood described himself as a lifelong Lions fan who has Matthew Stafford on his fantasy team.
- NY court documents show big business of daily fantasy sports Updated: Nov-20-15 5:50 pm
ALBANY, New York - Documents filed at the court examining the legality of daily fantasy sports in New York show a rapidly growing national business built on billions in entry fees.
- Senate committee discusses fantasy sports Updated: Nov-20-15 5:46 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The variety of laws related to fantasy sports games in Washington state and across the country were discussed before a Senate committee in Washington state Friday, where lawmakers also discussed a bill that proposes legalizing casual, season-long fantasy leagues.
- Massachusetts AG proposes tighter regs for fantasy sports Updated: Nov-19-15 2:24 pm
BOSTON - Daily fantasy sports companies like FanDuel and Boston-based DraftKings would be allowed to continue operating in Massachusetts, but with age and advertising restrictions, disclosure requirements and other new rules proposed Thursday by the state's attorney general.
- Fantasy sports lobbyist says games don't qualify as gambling Updated: Nov-18-15 8:09 pm
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - Speaking before state regulators in the historic gambling town of Deadwood on Wednesday, a representative of daily fantasy sports operators under scrutiny nationwide said the industry wants to make it clear: The contests don't constitute gambling under South Dakota law.
- Editorials from around New York Updated: Nov-18-15 10:41 am
Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- Skill or chance? New Jersey could influence fantasy sports Updated: Nov-09-15 2:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Making a case they hope will resonate with states across the nation, representatives of the fantasy sports industry told New Jersey lawmakers Monday that regulators should not treat them the same way as casinos because success in their industry relies more on skill than on chance.
- Christie says fantasy football doesn't count as gambling Updated: Nov-02-15 9:27 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie on Monday reiterated his position that fantasy football doesn't amount to gambling and shouldn't be regulated and said a team he runs with his son is doing really well.
- Season-long fantasy sports now a question in Nevada Updated: Oct-31-15 5:19 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada has already decided daily fantasy sports are gambling and that people can't put their dollars down on DraftKings and FanDuel until those sites obtain a license in the state.
- Redskins' Garcon sues FanDuel over use of his name, likeness Updated: Oct-30-15 7:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon filed a class-action lawsuit against popular daily fantasy sports website FanDuel on Friday, accusing the site of profiting off his name and likeness without permission.
- Harry Reid says daily fantasy sports can't police itself Updated: Oct-30-15 7:14 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Sen. Harry Reid is calling daily fantasy sports sites "unregulated, illegal gambling" and says in a statement that self-regulation the industry desires won't be enough.
- Marino, Montana to host fantasy football weekend Updated: Oct-30-15 2:37 pm
SAN DIEGO - Dan Marino and Joe Montana will be going long on a fantasy football weekend.