- Texas LB apologizes for calling Baylor 'trash' Updated: Apr-24-14 11:15 pm
- Buffalo Bills cheerleaders suspend operations Updated: Apr-24-14 10:47 pm
- Livonia football, baseball sanctioned Updated: Apr-24-14 9:53 pm
- Fresno State finalizes extension for DeRuyter Updated: Apr-24-14 9:48 pm
- Ex-coach responds after Wis. school disciplined Updated: Apr-24-14 8:02 pm
- Optimistic Arizona Cardinals begin conditioning Updated: Apr-24-14 7:41 pm
- Former MSU lineman Siddoway arrested Updated: Apr-24-14 7:33 pm
- Arkansas Red-White football game set Updated: Apr-24-14 7:29 pm
- Paul McCartney to play at Candlestick concert Updated: Apr-24-14 7:09 pm
- Whisenhunt looks forward to Titans' minicamp Updated: Apr-24-14 6:56 pm
- Northwestern players to cast historic union vote Updated: Apr-24-14 6:52 pm
- Buffalo Bills hire Gerald Dixon as pro scout Updated: Apr-24-14 6:21 pm
- NFL plans to look at bigger playoffs, longer PATs Updated: Apr-24-14 5:54 pm
- Marcus Trufant retires as member of the Seahawks Updated: Apr-24-14 5:41 pm
- Lions like Caldwell's cool, calm, collected style Updated: Apr-24-14 4:21 pm
- Cowboys add another QB in ex-Chicago starter Hanie Updated: Apr-24-14 4:03 pm
- Case of 49ers' Aldon Smith sent to city attorney Updated: Apr-24-14 3:19 pm
- ISU DT Jensen rejoins team Updated: Apr-24-14 2:11 pm
- Bohl reflects on spring, looks ahead to the future Updated: Apr-24-14 1:05 pm
- Football coach pleads not guilty in girl's death Updated: Apr-24-14 1:04 pm
- Kosar believes he's off TV for slurred speech Updated: Apr-24-14 11:58 am
- Judge allows UNM's Crusoe Gongbay to leave state Updated: Apr-24-14 9:56 am
- S. Ill. man sentenced to 100 years for '13 killing Updated: Apr-24-14 7:29 am
- Jets returning to SUNY Cortland for training camp Updated: Apr-24-14 3:12 am
- Report: Jacobs have had discussions about Bills Updated: Apr-24-14 12:45 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas linebacker Steve Edmond has apologized for calling the reigning Big 12 champion Baylor Bears "trash."
BUFFALO, New York - Pack up the pom-poms in Buffalo, because the Bills will be playing without the support of their official cheerleaders this year.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Livonia High School's football and baseball teams have been sanctioned by the Louisiana High School Athletic Association for each allowing an ineligible transfer student to play in the past academic year.
FRESNO, California - Fresno State coach Tim DeRuyter has signed a contract extension that runs through 2018 worth at least $7.5 million.
MILWAUKEE - The former head coach at Wisconsin-River Falls, a Division III school placed on probation for a year by the NCAA, said he should have been more cautious after the organization made changes to rules about the distribution of financial aid.
TEMPE, Arizona - The optimistic Arizona Cardinals began work this week under an intense new conditioning coach in their first formal gathering to prepare for the coming season.
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Former Mississippi State offensive lineman Charles Siddoway and current defensive lineman Jordan Washington were arrested on Wednesday and charged with burglary and robbery.
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas' annual Red-White spring football game is set.
SAN FRANCISCO - Pop legend Paul McCartney is set to return to Candlestick Park to offer a swan song to the San Francisco 49ers' former stadium.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - New Tennessee Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt looks forward to discovering just how many holes the team filled through free agency.
EVANSTON, Illinois - Northwestern University's football players will cast ballots Friday on whether to form the nation's first union for college athletes - a potentially landmark vote that will be kept sealed for months and possibly years.
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The Buffalo Bills have hired Gerald Dixon as a pro scout.
NEW YORK - The NFL will discuss expanded playoffs at the owners' meetings next month in Atlanta.
RENTON, Washington - When it was clear Marcus Trufant's time with the Seattle Seahawks was over following the 2012 season, he was given a message by general manager John Schneider and coach Pete Carroll on his way out.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Jim Caldwell has already made his mark as the new coach of the Detroit Lions.
IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys have added another quarterback with starting experience in Caleb Hanie.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County district attorney's office has referred the airport arrest of San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith to the Los Angeles city attorney's office for misdemeanor consideration.
AMES, Iowa - Iowa State defensive tackle Brandon Jensen has rejoined the Cyclones after quitting the team following the end of last season.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Another of the initial phases of the Craig Bohl era is in the books at the University of Wyoming.
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A southwest Missouri youth football coach accused of kidnapping, raping and killing a 10-year-old girl has pleaded not guilty
CLEVELAND - Former Browns quarterback Bernie Kosar believes he has been removed as a TV commentator for Cleveland's preseason games because of slurred speech he attributes to concussions sustained in the NFL.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A judge is allowing New Mexico running back Crusoe Gongbay to return home to Maryland once the semester ends in May before returning to Albuquerque to face rape and kidnapping charges.
MURPHYSBORO, Illinois - A southern Illinois man was sentenced to 100 years in prison after he was convicted first-degree murder for the shooting death of a 20-year-old former Marion High School football standout.
NEW YORK - The New York Jets are holding training camp at SUNY Cortland again this summer, returning to central New York for the fifth time in the last six years.
BUFFALO, New York - The Jacobs family is, in fact, involved in helping secure the Bills' future in Buffalo, and hasn't ruled out getting involved in buying the team.