- Carl Pelini says AD's agenda led to firing at FAU Updated: Apr-18-14 12:35 pm
- NDSU receiver Ryan Smith signs with CFL team Updated: Apr-18-14 10:06 am
- Packers flip burgers at McDonalds during tour Updated: Apr-18-14 8:30 am
- Ex-quarterback McNabb spends day in Arizona jail Updated: Apr-17-14 10:30 pm
- Sharper loses Arizona bid to be released on bail Updated: Apr-17-14 8:17 pm
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying Updated: Apr-17-14 7:38 pm
- Appleby moves up on UW defensive line Updated: Apr-17-14 6:55 pm
- OL Reitz signs Colts' qualifying offer Updated: Apr-17-14 6:42 pm
- NFL, lawyers at work on $765M concussion deal Updated: Apr-17-14 6:11 pm
- Wyoming football to be on ESPN networks 5 times Updated: Apr-17-14 5:52 pm
- Jeff Brohm winding down 1st spring as WKU coach Updated: Apr-17-14 5:44 pm
- Jaguars release LB Allen after failed physical Updated: Apr-17-14 5:33 pm
- Jaguars WR Tandon Doss arrested in Indianapolis Updated: Apr-17-14 4:59 pm
- Critics, knee are no concern for Jets RB Johnson Updated: Apr-17-14 4:32 pm
- Aaron Hernandez associate accused of lying to feds Updated: Apr-17-14 4:29 pm
- Player: Minnesota State team to back Hoffner Updated: Apr-17-14 3:59 pm
- Montreal team sign Chad Johnson to 2-year contract Updated: Apr-17-14 3:55 pm
- Vikings sign safety Kurt Coleman Updated: Apr-17-14 2:54 pm
- Metrodome demolition reaches completion early Updated: Apr-17-14 2:26 pm
- Man pleads guilty to SW Idaho rampage crimes Updated: Apr-17-14 1:31 pm
- Nebraska-Fresno St. will kick off at 9:30 p.m. CT Updated: Apr-17-14 1:30 pm
- Michigan and IMG get Dan Dierdorf back in booth Updated: Apr-17-14 1:07 pm
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 12:49 pm
- Kansas coach Weis makes Cozart starting QB Updated: Apr-17-14 12:41 pm
- Renasant's name on Tupelo football field Updated: Apr-17-14 12:29 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Carl Pelini said Friday during a radio interview that his firing at Florida Atlantic last year was unjustified and the result of a new athletic director who wanted to hire his own football coach.
FARGO, North Dakota - Former Wahpeton High School and North Dakota State University football standout Ryan Smith is continuing his career north of the border.
ASHLAND, Wisconsin - The workers manning the McDonald's drive-through window in Ashland were enough to make your jaw drop.
MESA, Arizona - Former NFL quarterback Donovan McNabb was released Thursday from an Arizona jail after serving a one-day sentence for a DUI arrest late last year.
PHOENIX - Former NFL All-Pro safety Darren Sharper lost his bid Thursday to be released on bail in a sexual assault case after an Arizona judge found there's enough evidence to move forward with charges against him in that state.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A national fraternity group has closed its University of Mississippi chapter after three members were accused of tying a noose around the neck of a statue of the first black student to enroll in the Southern college that was all-white at the time.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - About six months ago, Chase Appleby experienced the lowest of lows for a football player.
INDIANAPOLIS - Offensive lineman Joe Reitz has signed his qualifying offer with the Colts.
PHILADELPHIA - A judge overseeing thousands of NFL concussion-linked lawsuits says lawyers are still working to address her concerns about a proposed $765 million fund.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Wyoming will be featured on five ESPN network telecasts during the 2014 college football season.
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Western Kentucky's third straight spring with a different coach has at least included some familiarity.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis police have arrested Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Tandon Doss on a disorderly conduct charge, but he will not be prosecuted.
NEW YORK - Chris Johnson knows what a lot of people are saying about him.
BOSTON - An associate of former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested in a gun trafficking investigation related to the murder case against Hernandez.
MANKATO, Minnesota - A day after refusing to practice for reinstated coach Todd Hoffner, football players at Minnesota State, Mankato, are now united behind Hoffner as their coach, a player said Thursday.
MONTREAL - Former NFL star Chad Johnson will make his return to the gridiron in the Canadian Football League.
MINNEAPOLIS - The Metrodome is no more.
BOISE, Idaho - A southwest Idaho man has pleaded guilty to five crimes committed during a drug-fueled rampage that left two men hospitalized and others injured.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's football game at Fresno State on Sept. 13 will be televised by CBS Sports Network with kickoff set for 9:30 p.m. CDT.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Dan Dierdorf is ending his brief retirement as a broadcaster to be the radio analyst for University of Michigan football games this fall.
Minot Daily News, Minot, April 16, 2014
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo Public School District Superintendent Gearl Loden says the local high school football field will be called Renasant Field once new blue turf is installed this summer.