- Tailgating service aims to score customers at Marshall games Updated: Sep-05-15 9:31 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Tailgating has long been a part of the football experience - after all, four quarters and a halftime show aren't nearly long enough for avid fans to cheer on favorite teams.
- Petersen falls short as No. 23 Broncos beat Huskies 16-13 Updated: Sep-05-15 3:09 am
BOISE, Idaho - The cameras followed Chris Petersen everywhere he went, from arriving on the bus, to the first steps he took on the famous blue turf dressed in purple.
- Petersen falls short as No. 23 Broncos beat Huskies 16-13 Updated: Sep-05-15 3:06 am
BOISE, Idaho - Once the leader of Boise State's rise to prominence, Chris Petersen was on the verge of ending the Broncos' hopes for another special year in the season opener.
- Oregon State defeats Weber State 26-7 in Andersen's debut Updated: Sep-05-15 12:48 am
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Seth Collins won himself the starter's job for Oregon State.
- No. 4 Baylor plenty of offense in 56-21 opener at SMU Updated: Sep-05-15 12:22 am
DALLAS - Art Briles and the Baylor Bears made the most of their fresh start - and chance to finally move past the playoff snub and Cotton Bowl meltdown that ended last season.
- Army falls to FBS Fordham 37-35 Updated: Sep-05-15 12:21 am
WEST POINT, New York - After losing most his triple-option weapons and two dozen other players to graduation, Army coach Jeff Monken expected to learn plenty about his team in real time Friday night.
- Kent State-Illinois postponed until Saturday by lightning Updated: Sep-05-15 12:14 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - An Illinois football team eager to put months of turmoil aside and play football will have to wait an extra day after Friday's opener against Kent State was postponed after three hours of lightning.
- No. 5 Michigan St. tops W. Mich 37-24, sets sights on Oregon Updated: Sep-05-15 12:05 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Michigan State looked as if it needed a tuneup before playing Oregon.
- Fordham knocks off another FBS team with 37-35 win over Army Updated: Sep-04-15 11:50 pm
WEST POINT, New York - Fordham turned a nightmare beginning into a dream ending - and put the big boys on notice again.
- Pats coach Belichick on having Brady back: 'He never left' Updated: Sep-04-15 11:11 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Like every game, Patriots coach Bill Belichick says he's focused on his next opponent. But he doesn't feel as if he's got a new edge with star quarterback Tom Brady able to play in the regular0season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Judge's NFL bashing skips judgment of Brady in 'Deflategate' Updated: Sep-04-15 11:08 pm
NEW YORK - A judge's ruling freeing New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to play football erased his four-game suspension but failed to address the root question of the "Deflategate" scandal: What did Brady know about a plot to deflate balls before January's AFC championship game?
- Petersen tries to stay low-key in return to Boise State Updated: Sep-04-15 11:03 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Chris Petersen tried to stay out of the limelight in his return to Boise.
- Tom Brady posts statement on Facebook Updated: Sep-04-15 11:01 pm
Tom Brady posted a statement on Facebook on Friday night, a day after U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman vacated the New England quarterback's four-game suspension in the "Deflategate" scandal.
- Syracuse routs Rhode Island 47-0 Updated: Sep-04-15 10:34 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Eric Dungey threw for two touchdowns and Syracuse routed Rhode Island 47-0 in the opener for both teams on Friday night.
- Defensive scores gives Jacksonville 20-14 win over Delaware Updated: Sep-04-15 10:22 pm
NEWARK, Delaware - Justin Horton recovered a fumble in the end zone with 2:09 left to secure Jacksonville's 20-14 season-opening win over Delaware on Friday night.
- AP Source: Seahawks, Jackson agree on 1-year contract Updated: Sep-04-15 10:12 pm
The Seattle Seahawks and free-agent running back Fred Jackson agreed to terms on a one-year deal Friday, according to a person familiar with the contract talks.
- Tennis officials eye security after drone crashes at US Open Updated: Sep-04-15 10:11 pm
NEW YORK - A drone crash during a U.S. Open match has tennis officials thinking about whether they can do more to safeguard the sprawling National Tennis Center from such hazards, a spokesman said Friday.
- Lehigh outlasts Central Connecticut 20-14 Updated: Sep-04-15 9:54 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - Nick Shafnisky passed for one touchdown, ran for another and Lehigh outlasted Central Connecticut State 20-14 in the opener for both teams Friday night.
- Colts acquire linebacker Sio Moore from Raiders Updated: Sep-04-15 9:53 pm
- Texas officer who killed teen hired by police on 3rd try Updated: Sep-04-15 9:26 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - A white police officer fired after he fatally shot a black college football player had applied twice to the Arlington Police Department before being hired on his third try, according to personnel records released by the department on Friday.
- Temple looks for showcase victory over rival Penn State Updated: Sep-04-15 9:06 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Temple can boast a sold out stadium for its opener, a rare feat in the 12 years the Owls have called Lincoln Financial Field home.
- Eagles clear spot for Tebow, trading Barkley to Cardinals Updated: Sep-04-15 8:53 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Tim Tebow made Matt Barkley expendable.
- Jordy Nelson to be inducted in K-State Ring of Honor Updated: Sep-04-15 8:44 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Jordy Nelson's favorite Kansas State memory doesn't involve a record, recognition or even an iconic moment such as carrying Bill Snyder off the field following the coach's final game of his first tenure with the Wildcats.
- Charlotte holds off Georgia State 23-20 in FBS debut Updated: Sep-04-15 8:02 pm
ATLANTA - Matt Johnson threw for 242 yards and a touchdown to help Charlotte beat Georgia State 23-20 in the 49ers' FBS debut Friday at the Georgia Dome.
- Steinberg the man sportsmen call on when they're in trouble Updated: Sep-04-15 7:41 pm
DENVER - When the police burst through the door at John Bowlen's luxury apartment to investigate a domestic dispute and 911 hang-up, the 29-year-old son of Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen hollered, "I didn't do anything wrong! ... I'm calling Harvey."