- MLS commissioner taking hard look at St. Louis Updated: Feb-06-16 2:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis may be losing football, but Major League Soccer could be on the horizon.
- Little-known receivers help Panthers get to Super Bowl Updated: Feb-06-16 1:47 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Cam Newton throws passes to a bunch of no-name receivers.
- Iggy Azalea: I have more belief in myself as a trendsetter Updated: Feb-06-16 1:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - As Iggy Azalea readies the release of her sophomore album, the rapper says she's feeling more self-assured and less worried about being or sounding cool.
- Despite troubles aplenty, NFL and Super Bowl popular as ever Updated: Feb-06-16 1:27 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The headlines hit in a persistent stream this season, and the onslaught only grew steadier as the Super Bowl approached.
- Super Busts: The best teams to not win the Super Bowl Updated: Feb-06-16 12:56 pm
They had the stars, the swagger and the sparkling record to prove it.
- Von Miller, 2 other Broncos fined by NFL for AFC title game Updated: Feb-06-16 12:51 pm
- Football coach inspires team to boost academic performance Updated: Feb-06-16 10:09 am
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Port Allen High wide receiver Sean Garner started his junior year in August with a 1.7 GPA and an apathetic outlook about college.
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica Updated: Feb-06-16 9:58 am
SAN FRANCISCO - While Metallica has steadily attracted more of a mainstream audience throughout its 35-year career, frontman James Hetfield feels they will never play the Super Bowl, and he doesn't seem to mind.
- Woman convicted in ex-quarterback fraud scheme rebuilds life Updated: Feb-06-16 9:18 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Wealthy widow Anita Barney lost nearly her entire fortune to an ex-Ohio State quarterback who defrauded her of hundreds of thousands of dollars to feed a gambling addiction that left him banished from the NFL.
- Gabby the sea turtle picks the Broncos in Super Bowl Updated: Feb-06-16 8:51 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Gabby the sea turtle, the so-called football expert at Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach, has made her choice for the Super Bowl winner.
- Lowest price for Super Bowl ticket is $3,000, company says Updated: Feb-06-16 5:36 am
SANTA CLARA, California - For a mere $3,000, you can attend the Super Bowl.
- Manziel's troubles mount, police open criminal investigation Updated: Feb-06-16 4:53 am
Johnny Manziel's troubles - both legal and personal - are worsening.
- Inglewood's stadium rising soon, hoping to host Super Bowls Updated: Feb-06-16 2:55 am
INGLEWOOD, California - The 50-yard line is still dirt and weeds around a protruding yellow pipe used for water table measurement. There isn't much more than vacant space and idle construction equipment within a few minutes' walk in any direction.
- Super Bowl champions haven't always been 'super' Updated: Feb-06-16 2:29 am
They have the gaudy rings and the rest of the swag that comes with being a Super Bowl champion.
- Even now, the 1946 Army-Navy game worth remembering Updated: Feb-06-16 12:59 am
CORAL GABLES, Florida - A few dozen people were gathered inside a small theater for a brunch get-together, the room decorated with all sorts of military accoutrements. Soldiers past and present were there, some in dress uniform, some decades into retirement. They snapped to attention when the nation's colors were presented, recited the Pledge of Allegiance with pride and told stories for hours.
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement Updated: Feb-06-16 12:15 am
Oregon running back Thomas Tyner has decided to take a medical retirement after sitting out all of last season because of a shoulder injury.
- The Latest: Browns owner reached out Manziel, no response Updated: Feb-05-16 11:59 pm
CLEVELAND - The Latest on troubled quarterback Johnny Manziel (all times local):
- Imagine this: measuring NFL player performance worth $50,000 Updated: Feb-05-16 11:01 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A 30-year-old logistics and operations worker from Seattle has won a Super Bowl technology contest that earned him $50,000 and tickets to the game.
- Jury finds former Viking Voigt guilty of bank fraud Updated: Feb-05-16 10:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Former Minnesota Vikings tight end Stu Voigt has been found guilty of one count of bank fraud.
- Thomas' mom to watch from the stands, not the cell this time Updated: Feb-05-16 10:04 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Demaryius Thomas' mother will watch the Super Bowl from the stands at Levi's Stadium, decked out in an officially licensed orange No. 88 jersey.
- Man gets 75 years in pal's killing after $700 Super Bowl bet Updated: Feb-05-16 9:49 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey man convicted of killing his longtime friend over a $700 Super Bowl bet has been sentenced to 75 years in prison.
- Hung jury declared in trial of former Illinois prosecutor Updated: Feb-05-16 8:55 pm
QUINCY, Illinois - A judge on Friday ordered a new trial for a former Illinois prosecutor charged with murder in the Valentine's Day 2006 death of his first wife, after jurors said they couldn't reach a verdict.
- Both teams have spirited final practices before Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 8:51 pm
- Chillin' with a special recipe for the Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 8:50 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A game 50 years in the making deserves a meal that can measure up, or at least try.
- Goodell encourages NFL teams to fairly pay cheerleaders Updated: Feb-05-16 8:19 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he is encouraging NFL teams to properly compensate cheerleaders.