- Raiders to cut ties with James Jones, Miles Burris Updated: May-04-15 6:09 pm
- Panthers sign 10 undrafted rookie free agents Updated: May-04-15 5:41 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers announced they have signed 10 undrafted rookie free agents following this past weekend's NFL draft.
- Assembly approves ban on Redskins school team name Updated: May-04-15 5:28 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Assembly has approved legislation barring California public schools from using the Redskins name for teams and mascots.
- Harvard pass rusher moves to head of Colts' free agent class Updated: May-04-15 5:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Colts have signed 15 undrafted rookies, including Harvard linebacker Zachary Hodges, the 2013 Ivy League defensive player of the year.
- Bills sign free agent defensive lineman Alex Carrington Updated: May-04-15 4:59 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The Buffalo Bills have signed free agent defensive lineman Alex Carrington.
- Clemson quarterback Watson on track for full recovery Updated: May-04-15 4:53 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson believes he won't miss a beat despite sitting out all spring after knee ligament surgery. And the Tigers most dynamic player insists he'll return at full speed once he's cleared to cut loose this summer.
- Bengals tackles Whitworth, Smith wondering what's next Updated: May-04-15 4:47 pm
CINCINNATI - As soon as the Bengals' draft picks were announced, team captain Andrew Whitworth started getting texts and tweets.
- Minnesota wants to host college football championship game Updated: May-04-15 4:38 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota has an idea for a Super Bowl encore: the country's biggest college football game.
- Falcons sign former Titans fullback Collin Mooney Updated: May-04-15 4:15 pm
- GM McCloughan eyed big schools in 1st draft with Redskins Updated: May-04-15 3:20 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - General manager Scot McCloughan's first draft with the Washington Redskins appears to reflect some basic beliefs about building a team, including the importance of size - of the players, yes, but also their schools.
- Vikings exercise contract options on Harrison Smith, Kalil Updated: May-04-15 3:09 pm
- Cowboys not picking up 5th year of Claiborne's rookie deal Updated: May-04-15 2:32 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys are not picking up the fifth-year option of Morris Claiborne's rookie contract, making the injury-plagued cornerback eligible for free agency after the 2015 season.
- 3 athletes with Montana ties sign free agent deals Updated: May-04-15 1:39 pm
Three football players with Montana ties have free agent deals with NFL teams after the draft ended.
- Texas Senate votes to scrap high school steroids testing Updated: May-04-15 1:28 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Senate has voted to scrap the state's high school steroids testing program after more than 60,000 tests caught just a handful of cheaters since 2007.
- Jets fire pro personnel director Brendan Prophett, 5 scouts Updated: May-04-15 11:21 am
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets have fired director of pro personnel Brendan Prophett and five members of the scouting department.
- NDSU and SDSU standouts getting a shot in the NFL Updated: May-04-15 7:37 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Standout North Dakota State University defensive end Kyle Emanuel has found a home in the NFL, while two standout college running backs in the Dakotas are getting shots in the pros.
- Jacksonville Jaguars player takes teen with cancer to prom Updated: May-04-15 5:40 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Jacksonville teen with liver cancer had a special date to her high school prom.
- Simms returning to Morehead State for commencement Updated: May-04-15 5:04 am
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - Former NFL quarterback, network analyst and Morehead State standout Phil Simms is returning to the campus in eastern Kentucky this week to be honored during Morehead's spring commencement.
- New Orleans wraps up Jazz Fest with raucous performances Updated: May-03-15 9:28 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Raucous performances by New Orleans hometown hero Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, rocker Lenny Kravitz and rising country star Kacey Musgraves closed out the 2015 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival on Sunday.
- Jaguars agree to terms with 9 undrafted rookie free agents Updated: May-03-15 4:27 pm
- Ole Miss coach gets firsthand taste of Talladega speed Updated: May-03-15 3:18 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Hugh Freeze knows a little something about speed and about NASCAR.
- Texas the front line on high school ECG debate Updated: May-03-15 2:52 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Cody Stephens was trying to shed some of the 290 pounds from his 6-foot-9 frame before graduating high school and attending his first college football training camp three summers ago when he took a nap and didn't wake up. The autopsy showed he had an enlarged heart, which gave out.
- Winners announced in '14 OAPME newspaper contest Updated: May-03-15 2:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Newspapers in Columbus, Youngstown, Elyria, Newark and Chillicothe were named the best in the state Sunday in the annual Ohio Associated Press Media Editors newspaper competition.
- CSU gets guarantee on $220M price tag for stadium Updated: May-03-15 2:35 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - The contractors who will build CSU's new on-campus stadium have guaranteed that it won't cost the university more than $220 million.
- Iosefa receives NFL draft call; Afusia invited to mini-camp Updated: May-03-15 2:11 pm
HONOLULU - A former University of Hawaii running back says his new goal is to play as long as possible at the next level.