- Broncos DE Antonio Smith under investigation in Texas Updated: May-21-15 10:39 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Denver Broncos defensive end Antonio Smith is under investigation in Texas over a criminal allegation the local sheriff described Thursday as "sexual in nature."
- New 49ers running back Bush ready to prove himself again Updated: May-21-15 9:56 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Reggie Bush wants to return punts again, and he brought up the idea to the San Francisco 49ers when he joined the team as a free agent this spring.
- Raiders sign linebacker Neiron Ball Updated: May-21-15 8:29 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have signed fifth-round draft pick Neiron Ball.
- Carr family to raise awareness of pediatric brain cancer Updated: May-21-15 7:50 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The family of 4-year-old with an inoperable brain tumor has announced a new foundation to raise public awareness.
- Siants sign 1st-round pick Andrus Peat Updated: May-21-15 7:33 pm
- Oklahoma, Tulane agree to 3-game football series Updated: May-21-15 6:59 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma and Tulane have announced an agreement for the two universities to play three college football games starting in 2017.
- Aaron Hernandez sports neck tattoo at latest court hearing Updated: May-21-15 6:41 pm
BOSTON - Former NFL player Aaron Hernandez, sporting a new neck tattoo while making his first court appearance since being sentenced to life in prison for murder, pleaded not guilty on Thursday to a charge he tried to silence a witness in a separate double murder case by shooting him in the face.
- Georgia to start work on indoor practice facility in January Updated: May-21-15 6:37 pm
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - Georgia plans to begin construction in January on a new indoor facility that will give the football team a long-awaited practice location during bad weather.
- Former players: NFL teams 'conspired' to push painkillers Updated: May-21-15 5:57 pm
BALTIMORE - Hundreds of former players have filed a lawsuit claiming all 32 NFL teams, their doctors, trainers and medical staffs obtained and provided painkillers to players - often illegally - as part of a decades-long conspiracy to keep them on the field without regard for their long-term health.
- Packers sign 3rd-round pick Ty Montgomery Updated: May-21-15 5:40 pm
- Haskell Indian Nations University halting football for 2015 Updated: May-21-15 5:07 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Haskell Indian Nations University is suspending its football program for 2015 because of a lack of funds.
- NFL suspends Bills defensive tackle Dareus for 1 game Updated: May-21-15 4:40 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Bills star defensive tackle Marcell Dareus will not play in Buffalo's season opener after being suspended without pay by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
- UConn and Syracuse agree to renew football rivalry Updated: May-21-15 3:23 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - Former Big East rivals UConn and Syracuse have announced an agreement to play a home-and-home football series.
- UAB president says no decision made on football program Updated: May-21-15 3:11 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - UAB President Ray Watts said he hasn't made a decision on whether to reinstate football, bowling and rifle.
- Longtime Ohio State spokesman Steve Snapp dead at 69 Updated: May-21-15 1:54 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Steve Snapp, a longtime Ohio State athletics spokesman and sports information director, has died. He was 69.
- Appeals court backs $50M settlement in NFL retirees case Updated: May-21-15 1:03 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal appeals court has upheld a judge's approval of a $50 million settlement in a lawsuit over publicity rights for retired NFL players.
- Judge dismissed domestic violence charges against Ray Rice Updated: May-21-15 12:10 pm
MAYS LANDING, New Jersey - A judge on Thursday dismissed domestic violence charges against Ray Rice, who was captured by a surveillance camera knocking his then-fiancee unconscious in a hotel elevator last year.
- All Montana, Montana State football games to be televised Updated: May-21-15 11:51 am
The Montana and Montana State football programs have announced that all the games in their 2015 seasons will be televised.
- What happened at NFL meetings and what it means Updated: May-21-15 2:39 am
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL owners concluded an especially hectic spring meetings by setting up what figures to be a very busy summer and fall.
- Jets' McDougle returns to field after missing last season Updated: May-21-15 2:33 am
- Liberty Bowl set for Jan. 2 this season Updated: May-20-15 8:35 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Liberty Bowl is moving to January this season.
- Lawyer: Duerson heirs won't appeal NFL concussion deal Updated: May-20-15 8:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The family of the late Chicago Bears safety Dave Duerson has decided not to appeal the potential $1 billion settlement of NFL concussion lawsuits.
- Gang member sentenced for killing Idaho college athlete Updated: May-20-15 7:58 pm
LONG BEACH, California - A gang member who killed a University of Idaho football player and wounded two other people in Los Angeles is going to prison for life.
- Raiders sign cornerback Chimdi Chekwa Updated: May-20-15 7:54 pm
- Bell, MLSE chairman Tanenbaum buy CFL's Argonauts Updated: May-20-15 6:55 pm