- Missouri governor, Rams owner meet day before NFL meeting Updated: Nov-30-15 10:23 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon met with Rams owner Stan Kroenke Monday, the day before an NFL owners meeting in Dallas where teams will discuss putting a franchise in Los Angeles.
- Rivers-to-Gates, plus some luck, helps Bolts end skid Updated: Nov-30-15 10:05 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Chargers finally found a way to win, and not surprisingly, the Philip Rivers-to-Antonio Gates connection was a big reason.
- 4-game losing streak has Rams in familiar spot Updated: Nov-30-15 9:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jeff Fisher isn't concerned about his job status.
- Rutgers AD Hobbs starts search for next football coach Updated: Nov-30-15 9:23 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers newly appointed athletic director Patrick Hobbs is determined to hire a football coach quickly.
- Vikings snap back after loss, get back atop NFC North Updated: Nov-30-15 8:38 pm
ATLANTA - The Minnesota Vikings made sure one loss didn't lead to another.
- Del Rio won't let Raiders look too far ahead Updated: Nov-30-15 8:34 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders coach Jack Del Rio has done a good job of keeping his players focused on the task at hand rather than looking too far ahead.
- Morehead State QB Gahafer earns league honor Updated: Nov-30-15 8:30 pm
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - Morehead State quarterback Austin Gahafer has been named the Pioneer Football League's Offensive Player of the Year in a vote by league coaches.
- No. 12 Baylor could have sweet reward without Big 12 title Updated: Nov-30-15 8:22 pm
Baylor's bid for a third consecutive Big 12 title is over. The No. 12 Bears are still in line for a pretty sweet reward if they get to 10 wins again.
- Big day by Wilson comes with loss of Graham for Seahawks Updated: Nov-30-15 8:21 pm
RENTON, Washington - In the aftermath of one of their wilder victories in recent seasons, there was no simple balance for the Seattle Seahawks.
- Hawaii introduces new head football coach Nick Rolovich Updated: Nov-30-15 8:14 pm
HONOLULU - New Hawaii head coach Nick Rolovich said Monday he plans to focus on the bonds his players develop with one another, not on any specific offense or defense, as he tries to bring the Rainbow Warriors back from a losing record.
- Big win has Jets feeling good: 'We know we're still in it' Updated: Nov-30-15 8:09 pm
NEW YORK - The season was crumbling quickly for the New York Jets.
- 5-7 bowl teams to be selected in order of academic rating Updated: Nov-30-15 8:04 pm
After a bad season on the field for Mike Riley's first Nebraska team, some good work in the classroom by the Huskers when Bo Pelini was coach will keep Big Red playing football this season.
- Rams say Bailey improving from gunshot wounds Updated: Nov-30-15 7:52 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey remains in intensive care in a Miami area hospital, improving from two gunshot wounds to the head last week.
- Report: Johnson has fractured tibia; Ellington also hurt Updated: Nov-30-15 7:48 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals have not confirmed a report that running back Chris Johnson has a broken left leg.
- Smith confident Buccaneers can hang in NFC playoff race Updated: Nov-30-15 7:47 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers worked themselves into playoff contention following a slow start and feel they're more than capable of earning a berth for the first time in eight years.
- Michigan State-Iowa a blue collar matchup for Big Ten title Updated: Nov-30-15 7:43 pm
Over the past few seasons under coach Mark Dantonio, Michigan State has become one of the Big Ten's top programs, while embracing seemingly every opportunity to use perceived slights as motivation.
- Quarterback Johnny Manziel active as Browns host Ravens Updated: Nov-30-15 7:33 pm
CLEVELAND - Johnny Manziel gets to put on his uniform after all.
- Missouri not interested in bowl after 5-7 season Updated: Nov-30-15 7:21 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri is not interested in accepting a bowl bid after finishing the regular season 5-7.
- Hasselbeck playing perfect role filling in for injured Luck Updated: Nov-30-15 7:20 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Matt Hasselbeck's inspiring comeback might be gaining popularity outside the Colts' locker room.
- Shepard among Oklahoma's all-time great receivers Updated: Nov-30-15 7:07 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Sterling Shepard will go down as one of Oklahoma's great receivers.
- Penn State DE Carl Nassib Big Ten's defensive player of year Updated: Nov-30-15 7:04 pm
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Penn State's Carl Nassib is the Big Ten's defensive player of the year in a vote of coaches and media.
- 'Tis the season: As winter arrives, Vikings' defense thrives Updated: Nov-30-15 7:02 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings have developed one of the toughest defenses in the NFL under the demanding, experienced and creative direction of coach Mike Zimmer.
- Coach Dan Quinn looking for ways to end Falcons' freefall Updated: Nov-30-15 6:58 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Coach Dan Quinn knows the Atlanta Falcons' playoff hopes are going dim after a 5-0 start.
- USC names Clay Helton permanent coach after strong finish Updated: Nov-30-15 6:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - Clay Helton has twice taken charge of the Southern California football program in moments of crisis and steadied the Trojans with calm leadership.
- Matt Campbell takes the reins at Iowa State Updated: Nov-30-15 6:54 pm
AMES, Iowa - Iowa State has made Matt Campbell the youngest football coach at a Power Five conference school.