- Walker Cup teammates advance to semifinals of Four-Ball Updated: May-05-15 10:12 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Walker Cup teammates Nathan Smith and Todd White advanced to the semifinals of the inaugural U.S. Amateur Four-Ball on Tuesday by beating a pair of California brothers.
- Woods has memories of Peete, but never a meeting Updated: May-05-15 7:51 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Calvin Peete competed in The Players Championship for the last time a year before Tiger Woods turned pro.
- Players Championship should focus on what it is Updated: May-05-15 6:29 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - The criteria to be considered for the World Golf Hall of Fame smacks of yet another effort by the PGA Tour to make The Players Championship something it's not.
- Sleepless nights for Woods over Vonn split, father's death Updated: May-05-15 3:32 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Tiger Woods felt rusty and tired Tuesday at The Players Championship - rust because he has played one tournament in three months, fatigue because of his personal life.
- McIlroy, Spieth together in opening 2 rounds of Players Updated: May-04-15 4:38 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - The match that didn't happen in San Francisco will be available in stroke play at The Players Championship this week. Match Play winner Rory McIlroy and Masters champion Jordan Spieth are in the same group for the opening two rounds.
- Rory McIlroy: Holding the top ranking, wearing the crown Updated: May-04-15 11:53 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Unless he changed his routine, Rory McIlroy started celebrating his 26th birthday on Monday by going to the website of the Official World Golf Ranking to see where he stood. It was neither a gift nor a surprise.
- McIlroy a winner with great play and a little luck Updated: May-04-15 2:56 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Rory McIlroy won a tournament as the No. 1 player in the world.
- Ian Woosnam wins Champions Tour's Insperity Invitational Updated: May-03-15 9:26 pm
THE WOODLANDS, Texas - Ian Woosnam made a 30-foot birdie putt in a playoff Sunday to win the Insperity Invitational for his first Champions Tour title.
- Inbee Park wins North Texas Shootout for 2nd time Updated: May-03-15 6:38 pm
IRVING, Texas - Inbee Park loves coming to Texas. For the second time in three years, she's leaving the Lone Star State with a trophy.
- Vonn says relationship with Woods is over Updated: May-03-15 4:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn are no longer a power couple in American sports.
- Pete Brown, first black player to win PGA Tour event, dies Updated: May-01-15 10:58 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Pete Brown, the first black player to win a PGA Tour event, died Friday. He was 80.
- Bradley, Jimenez in heated exchange at Match Play Updated: May-01-15 8:56 pm
- US Open winner Michael Campbell says he's quitting Updated: May-01-15 6:59 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Former U.S. Open champion Michael Campbell says he has lost the motivation to play top-level golf and is quitting to concentrate on teaching.
- PGA Championship returning to Ocean Course in 2021 Updated: May-01-15 1:33 pm
KIAWAH ISLAND, South Carolina - The PGA Championship is returning to the Ocean Course in 2021, three decades after the seaside layout made its debut at the 1991 Ryder Cup.
- Spieth makes a big adjustment on the greens Updated: Apr-30-15 11:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A chat with his father and a couple of overtime matches that delayed the start of Jordan Spieth's second day at TPC Harding Park might have paid off Thursday in the Match Play Championship.
- New Minot Country Club golf course set to open in June Updated: Apr-30-15 8:42 am
MINOT, North Dakota - After more than two years of work, the Minot Country Club is prepping to open its new course.
- Lydia Ko donating earnings to Nepal relief effort Updated: Apr-30-15 4:08 am
IRVING, Texas - Lydia Ko is donating her earnings this week in the LPGA Tour's North Texas Shootout to the earthquake relief effort in Nepal.
- Calvin Peete, winner of 12 PGA Tour events, dies Updated: Apr-29-15 12:56 pm
ATLANTA - Calvin Peete, who taught himself how to play golf at 24 and became the most successful black player on the PGA Tour before the arrival of Tiger Woods, died Wednesday morning, the PGA Tour said. He was 71.
- Tiger Woods commits to play in Greenbrier Classic Updated: Apr-29-15 11:26 am
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Tiger Woods has added the Greenbrier Classic in West Virginia to his summer schedule.
- Masters champion Spieth officially commits to Byron Nelson Updated: Apr-28-15 10:06 pm
IRVING, Texas - Masters champion Jordan Spieth has affirmed his commitment to play in the Byron Nelson Championship, the hometown tournament where he tied for 16th as a 16-year-old amateur five years ago.
- Georgia Tech's Johnson and Barry win again in golf challenge Updated: Apr-28-15 6:12 pm
GREENSBORO, Georgia - Georgia Tech football coach Paul Johnson and former Yellow Jackets basketball star Jon Barry won a four-way playoff to become repeat winners in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge golf tournament.
- McIlroy has tickets to fight - and maybe a match Updated: Apr-28-15 5:30 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The most pressure Rory McIlroy faces all week could be the quarterfinals of the Match Play Championship.
- Match Play a reminder that different is interesting Updated: Apr-28-15 4:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Jordan Spieth is competing in match play for the second time this month.
- USGA director: Learn Chambers Bay or you won't win US Open Updated: Apr-27-15 5:32 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - United States Golf Association executive director Mike Davis laid down a challenge to the best players in the world as they get ready for the U.S. Open to make its debut at Chambers Bay.
- Central Arkansas golfer named conference's best Updated: Apr-27-15 3:14 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - A University of Central Arkansas senior has picked up the Southland Conference's top individual golf honor for the third consecutive year.