- McIlroy, Fowler dodge ball with earplug thrown by spectator Updated: May-05-16 3:09 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - As if battling a rain-soaked course and gusting winds weren't difficult enough, playing partners Rory McIlroy and Rickie Fowler also had to dodge a golf ball with an earplug attached to it at the Wells Fargo Championship.
- 3 share 1st-round lead at Trophee Hassan Updated: May-05-16 2:28 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Francesco Laporta of Italy, Thomas Linard of France and Jason Scrivener of Australia shot a 4-under 68 to share the lead on the first day of the Trophee Hassan II on Thursday.
- Oklahoma State, Oklahoma to play in NCAA golf regional Updated: May-05-16 1:43 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State and Oklahoma will both play in the NCAA golf regional in Stillwater.
- Arkansas golf team invited to NCAA Regional in Wisconsin Updated: May-05-16 1:37 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The Arkansas men's golf team has been invited to play in the NCAA Regional in Kohler, Wisconsin.
- Australia's Marc Leishman out of Rio Olympics consideration Updated: May-04-16 10:07 pm
Marc Leishman won't be playing golf for Australia at the Rio Olympics in August, citing concerns over the health of his family because of the mosquito-borne Zika virus.
- Lewis, Tamulis hoping for more LPGA Tour success in Alabama Updated: May-04-16 8:33 pm
PRATTVILLE, Alabama - Stacy Lewis is hoping that making a much-needed putt will give her a boost going into a tournament where she has thrived in the past.
- Braves held to 3 hits, routed 8-0 by Mets to end trip Updated: May-04-16 5:15 pm
NEW YORK - Jhoulys Chacin did something most of his teammates couldn't do: get a hit off Mets starter Steven Matz.
- Se Ri Pak receives special exemption for US Women's Open Updated: May-04-16 4:51 pm
FAR HILLS, New Jersey - Retiring South Korean great Se Ri Pak has received a special exemption from the U.S. Golf Association to play in the U.S. Women's Open.
- Spieth gets look at 'hardest test' during visit to Oakmont Updated: May-04-16 4:03 pm
OAKMONT, Pennsylvania - Jordan Spieth briefly weighed the request, then politely declined.
- McIlroy aims for 1st PGA Tour win of year at Wells Fargo Updated: May-04-16 3:41 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Rory McIlroy is confident a return to one of his favorite golf courses will end his winless streak on the PGA Tour.
- Spieth refreshed, ready to return following Masters meltdown Updated: May-03-16 9:27 pm
Jordan Spieth understands his meltdown at the end of the Masters will follow him. And three weeks later, Spieth's not quite ready to say he's over letting a five-shot lead in the final round morph into that awkward ceremony in the Butler Cabin that ended with him slipping the green jacket on Danny Willett following an ugly and very public collapse.
- Cink to step away from golf as wife battles breast cancer Updated: May-03-16 5:36 pm
DULUTH, Georgia - Former British Open champion Stewart Cink says he is taking a break from golf after learning his wife has breast cancer.
- NBC and Golf Channel facing a busy summer of golf Updated: May-03-16 1:42 pm
The summer schedule for NBC and Golf Channel is not finalized, though this much is clear: There won't be another summer like this one from the number of big events to two premier tournaments that the networks have never broadcast.
- OSU's Nolen claims Big 12 golf medalist honors, team 2nd Updated: May-03-16 12:52 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State golfer Stratton Nolen has won the Big 12 golf title while the Cowboys finished second in the team standing.
- John Daly at 50, and the senior circuit beckons Updated: May-03-16 11:17 am
The celebration for John Daly began the day he became eligible for the PGA Tour Champions.
- Video game developer appeals wage case to Utah Supreme Court Updated: May-02-16 4:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah developer of video games like "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005" asked the Utah Supreme Court on Monday to toss out his criminal convictions for not paying more than 100 employees.
- Stuard takes Zurich Classic in playoff for 1st PGA win Updated: May-02-16 3:23 pm
AVONDALE, Louisiana - Brian Stuard made steady golf pay off on a waterlogged course in the haunting cypress swamps outside New Orleans.
- Ireland's Seamus Power wins first Web.com Tour title Updated: May-01-16 8:49 pm
NEWBURGH, Indiana - Seamus Power took advantage of the other leaders' late problems to win the United Leasing & Finance Championship on Sunday for his first Web.com Tour title.
- Local favorite Li Haotong fires 64 to win China Open Updated: May-01-16 4:54 pm
BEIJING - China's Li Haotong shot a bogey-free 8-under 64 on Sunday to win the China Open for his first European Tour title.
- Column: Let's get rid of 'war rooms,' other ludicrous terms Updated: Apr-29-16 9:08 pm
Ahhh, we're once again at that time of the year when self-important men who've never served in the military gather to divvy up a group of younger men who happen to be very good at the game of football.
- If they build a golf course, will they come to Olympics? Updated: Apr-26-16 6:26 pm
Building the new golf course in Rio de Janeiro in time for the Olympics once was considered the biggest obstacle.
- City Park's lagoons to act as storage areas for rainwaters Updated: Apr-26-16 4:08 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A weir is being built in City Park to make the park's lagoons storage areas for floodwaters and to protect a championship-level golf course under construction there.
- UCA's Emma Svensson invited to NCAA Women's Golf Regional Updated: Apr-26-16 2:11 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - University of Central Arkansas freshman Emma Svensson has been invited to play in the 2016 NCAA Women's Golf Division I Regionals.
- Schwartzel becomes 4th major champion to skip Olympics Updated: Apr-25-16 5:50 pm
Charl Schwartzel of South Africa is the latest player to drop out of the Olympics, making him the fourth major champion in the last two weeks to decide against being part of golf's return after a 112-year absence.
- McIlroy will skip WGC event for Open de France in June Updated: Apr-25-16 7:36 am
PARIS - Rory McIlroy will skip the Bridgestone Invitational and instead play at the French Open, a boost for the European Tour during a crowded summer schedule caused by the Olympics.