- High school student accused of wrestling with officer Updated: May-05-15 6:56 am
RIDGELAND, Mississippi - A Ridgeland high school student has been accused of wrestling with an officer a few days after being accused of streaking.
- Texas Senate votes to scrap high school steroids testing Updated: May-04-15 1:28 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Senate has voted to scrap the state's high school steroids testing program after more than 60,000 tests caught just a handful of cheaters since 2007.
- Trial opening in high school athlete's 2013 shooting death Updated: May-04-15 12:17 pm
UNIONTOWN, Pennsylvania - Trial is getting underway in western Pennsylvania in the case of a former Philadelphia resident charged in the shooting death of a standout high school athlete.
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame inducts 9 new members Updated: May-04-15 6:21 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - An Olympic gold medalist and a 17-year veteran of the NHL were among nine people inducted into the Maine Sports Hall of Fame.
- High school senior to take special needs student to prom Updated: May-04-15 3:02 am
FOLLANSBEE, West Virginia - A West Virginia high school student is taking a special date to her senior prom, a special needs student.
- Well-known high school track coach collapses, dies at meet Updated: May-03-15 2:52 pm
FORT MYERS, Florida - A popular South Florida high school coach and athletic director is dead after collapsing at the state track and field championships.
- Texas the front line on high school ECG debate Updated: May-03-15 2:52 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Cody Stephens was trying to shed some of the 290 pounds from his 6-foot-9 frame before graduating high school and attending his first college football training camp three summers ago when he took a nap and didn't wake up. The autopsy showed he had an enlarged heart, which gave out.
- Vikings turn focus to offense, targeting versatile linemen Updated: May-02-15 8:56 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Their defense fortified with the first three rounds of the NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings turned Saturday to other side of the ball.
- Broncos stick with theme of toughness, athleticism Updated: May-02-15 8:36 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Grouching that the Denver Broncos hadn't gone out "kicking and screaming" in the playoffs the last three seasons, John Elway set out to toughen up a team that featured 11 Pro Bowlers but went out with a whimper.
- Jaguars DE Dante Fowler Jr. chooses No. 56 in ode to RB days Updated: May-02-15 3:27 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Flashing a huge smile and wearing much more casual attire than he donned at the NFL draft, new Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. held up his No. 56 jersey while posing for pictures Saturday.
- Texas launches anti-assault program for high school athletes Updated: May-01-15 1:48 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas state education officials and high school coaches on Friday launched a program aimed at student athletes to prevent and raise awareness of sexual assault and domestic abuse.
- UEFA reminds on youth academies after Barcelona plan blocked Updated: May-01-15 7:32 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has reminded clubs and football associations of rules controlling overseas youth academies after the Danish soccer federation rejected a request from Barcelona.
- After 49-run blowout, high school rematch ends closer Updated: Apr-30-15 7:28 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Two New Jersey high school baseball teams faced off again Thursday, four weeks after a game between them ended with a lopsided 49-run blowout.
- Former SEC football player charged in death of Georgia boy Updated: Apr-30-15 12:14 pm
LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia - Police have charged a former Southeastern Conference football player with killing a 4-year-old boy.
- Son of ex-NBA star Larry Drew commits to Nevada basketball Updated: Apr-30-15 5:06 am
RENO, Nevada - A prep basketball standout from Los Angeles who's the son of former NBA head coach Larry Drew has decided to play for Nevada next season.
- Delany dismisses satellite camp issue as SEC protects turf Updated: Apr-29-15 5:12 pm
IRVING, Texas - The territorial dispute sparked by Big Ten football coaches such as Jim Harbaugh and James Franklin venturing into Southeastern Conference territory to take part in camps for high school prospects will eventually be settled by the NCAA.
- 2nd man pleads not guilty in basketball player's death Updated: Apr-29-15 1:56 pm
PATERSON, New Jersey - A second man charged in the shooting death of a promising New Jersey high school basketball player has pleaded not guilty to murder and other charges.
- Fallout from dance competition snub continues Updated: Apr-29-15 7:44 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Three more Minnesota high schools are without dance team coaches following a public protest at a state competition.
- Peoria teacher accused of improper relationship with student Updated: Apr-29-15 6:28 am
PEORIA, Illinois - A central Illinois teacher has been arrested following accusations she had an improper relationship with a student.
- Matthew Goldsmith named coach at College of New Jersey Updated: Apr-28-15 7:59 pm
EWING TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - The College of New Jersey has named Matthew Goldsmith as its basketball coach.
- Miami of Ohio point guard headed to NFL as defensive back Updated: Apr-28-15 5:36 pm
CINCINNATI - Coach Chuck Martin needed only a few minutes of watching basketball practice in December 2013 to realize he had quite an unexpected find on his hands.
- Wrestling legend Verne Gagne dies at age 89 Updated: Apr-28-15 4:35 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Verne Gagne, one of professional wrestling's most celebrated performers and promoters, has died. He was 89.
- Boys tennis team in Pennsylvania disqualified for using girl Updated: Apr-28-15 3:11 pm
CALIFORNIA, Pennsylvania - A boys high school tennis team has forfeited four matches and lost its section title for using a girl to round out its squad during those contests.
- Student alleges 2 teens raped her at Cleveland high school Updated: Apr-28-15 7:25 am
CLEVELAND - A female student alleges two Cleveland high school basketball players raped her in a room at the school as classes let out one afternoon last month.
- 89-year-old former Kansas player scores in alumni scrimmage Updated: Apr-27-15 4:21 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - An 89-year-old former University of Kansas football player has gained fresh fame after making a touchdown run during an alumni scrimmage.