- Bayview Yacht Club celebrates 100th anniversary Updated: Jul-02-15 4:12 am
DETROIT - The reason sailors join Bayview Yacht Club differs for each member.
- Former NFL star tackles overgrown field for football camp Updated: Jul-02-15 2:19 am
HIGHLAND PARK, Michigan - The weeds and wild grass rose well above Reggie McKenzie's knees as the former NFL star walked the field bearing his name in the small Detroit enclave of Highland Park. With two weeks until the start of the youth football camp he's been running for four decades, the city-owned field had yet to be mowed - and something had to be done.
- Rapper 'The Game' charged with hitting off-duty officer Updated: Jun-29-15 3:46 pm
LOS ANGELES - The rapper known as "The Game" has been charged with hitting an off-duty Los Angeles police officer during a basketball game.
- Fireworks fund high school activities in at least 2 cities Updated: Jun-28-15 10:50 am
FLORENCE, Alabama - Fireworks stands have begun opening in areas that allow such sales around the Shoals.
- Nance shocked at being drafted in first round Updated: Jun-27-15 2:32 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The first moment that former University of Wyoming basketball player Larry Nance Jr. knew he was drafted was the same moment everyone else knew.
- Judge dismisses some charges against 2 in overdose death Updated: Jun-27-15 11:44 am
BEAVER, Pennsylvania - A judge has dismissed involuntary manslaughter and evidence tampering charges against two men in connection with the overdose death of a high school student last year.
- Time changed for Arkansas All-Star high school football game Updated: Jun-26-15 12:12 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - The threat of severe weather has prompted officials to move up the start of the Arkansas High School Coaches Association All-Star football game.
- Disabled athletes can compete in swimming, track in Illinois Updated: Jun-24-15 4:48 pm
CHICAGO - Disabled prep student athletes will be given full opportunities to compete in certain sports under a settlement with the Illinois High School Association that Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan announced Wednesday.
- Athletic trainers endorse new standards for spine injuries Updated: Jun-24-15 2:28 pm
ST. LOUIS - A national medical group that represents athletic trainers is calling for more rigorous standards to treat sports-related spine injuries, including the immediate removal of helmets, shoulder pads and other equipment before a patient goes to the hospital.
- Derrick Nash, Central Michigan player with leukemia, dies Updated: Jun-23-15 3:31 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, Michigan - Central Michigan cornerback Derrick Nash, who was diagnosed with leukemia in 2013 when he was still in high school, has died. He was 20.
- Minnesota High School All-Star Football Game set Saturday Updated: Jun-22-15 8:56 pm
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - The 42nd annual Minnesota High School All-Star Football Game will be played Saturday in St. Cloud.
- California coach arrested on child pornography charges Updated: Jun-21-15 4:55 pm
LAGUNA NIGUEL, California - Authorities say a Southern California high school track and field coach was arrested on suspicion of possessing child pornography after authorities got a tip about an iPad he left in a returned rental vehicle.
- Trial held in lawsuit over Lincoln arena's ban on leafleting Updated: Jun-20-15 5:47 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln man ticketed by police for handing out religious leaflets too close to the front of Pinnacle Bank Arena argued his case before a judge this week in his lawsuit against the city of Lincoln.
- Cricket players bring sport to new home in Atlantic City Updated: Jun-20-15 10:39 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The asphalt adjacent to Georgia and Pacific avenues is their oasis.
- Rock Springs wants to again host national teen rodeo finals Updated: Jun-19-15 10:40 am
ROCK SPRINGS, Wyoming - Officials in the city hosting of this year's National High School Rodeo Finals in July are asking organizers to bring future events to Rock Springs.
- Shooting victims included librarian and recent college grad Updated: Jun-18-15 10:21 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - One was a longtime librarian looking forward to retirement. Another had recently graduated from college with a business degree. At least two died in the church that they had attended for decades.
- 13-year-old dies at Granite City football practice Updated: Jun-18-15 5:11 pm
GRANITE CITY, Illinois - A 13-year-old incoming freshman collapsed and died at a southwestern Illinois high school football practice.
- Cops: High school coach charged after student gets pregnant Updated: Jun-17-15 4:15 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Authorities say a Forsyth County girls basketball coach has been arrested because he had sex with a student, getting her pregnant three years ago.
- Early signing proposal tabled by commissioners for 1 year Updated: Jun-17-15 1:57 pm
A decision to create an early signing period for college football has been put on hold until the entire recruiting process gets a comprehensive review.
- Nation's winningest high school football coach retires Updated: Jun-16-15 3:36 pm
SUMMERVILLE, South Carolina - The nation's winningest high school football coach has decided to retire.
- Providence coach accused of teen sex assault kills himself Updated: Jun-15-15 10:59 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A longtime high school basketball coach charged last week with sexually assaulting a teenage boy killed himself on Monday just hours after defending himself in an email to a newspaper.
- Iowa to restrict football playoffs to 16 teams in 2016 Updated: Jun-15-15 2:18 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa High School Athletic Association is reducing the number of teams that qualify for the football playoffs in each class from 32 to 16 starting in 2016.
- Kansas high court holds for student injured in crash Updated: Jun-12-15 1:39 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court has ruled that an insurance company should cover a student who was in a private vehicle when he was injured in a crash on the way to a soccer match.
- 3 sentenced in football player's slaying Updated: Jun-12-15 12:32 pm
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, New Jersey - Three men are going to prison for their roles in the slaying of a former Rowan University football player.
- Girls protest firing of Springfield High basketball coach Updated: Jun-12-15 10:10 am
SPRINGFIELD, Oregon - Most of Springfield High School girls basketball team members took a break from their final exams Thursday afternoon to protest the school district's decision to fire their coach, Bill Wagner.