- Livonia football, baseball sanctioned Updated: Apr-24-14 9:53 pm
- Mandeville HS forfeits 8 games Updated: Apr-24-14 9:50 pm
- Drive-by shooting kills prep basketball player Updated: Apr-24-14 5:13 pm
- Cowboys add another QB in ex-Chicago starter Hanie Updated: Apr-24-14 4:03 pm
- 2 ex-college football players charged with assault Updated: Apr-23-14 4:24 pm
- IHSA eliminates padded summer football practice Updated: Apr-22-14 5:26 pm
- Officer accused of tripping students at game Updated: Apr-21-14 9:16 pm
- Police seek shooter of Ohio high school student Updated: Apr-21-14 4:07 pm
- Morehead State hires Greg Todd as women's coach Updated: Apr-21-14 3:45 pm
- Alaska village advances to national mascot finals Updated: Apr-20-14 8:55 am
- Judge rules in favor of Picayune School District Updated: Apr-18-14 4:45 pm
- Fired Wenatchee teacher wins back job, pay Updated: Apr-18-14 2:12 pm
- Panhandle school bus driver dies in crash Updated: Apr-18-14 1:46 pm
- Montana signs junior college hoops player Updated: Apr-18-14 1:05 pm
- No charges for wrestlers in lynching photo Updated: Apr-17-14 4:54 pm
- Man pleads guilty to SW Idaho rampage crimes Updated: Apr-17-14 1:31 pm
- 3 to run marathon to help school stabbing victims Updated: Apr-17-14 1:22 pm
- Renasant's name on Tupelo football field Updated: Apr-17-14 12:29 pm
- Prep player charged with assault back in school Updated: Apr-17-14 10:51 am
- Son admits hosting party that led to teen's death Updated: Apr-16-14 9:58 pm
- Girls basketball MVP shares award plaque Updated: Apr-16-14 7:20 pm
- Teen emerges from painful childhood, honored Updated: Apr-16-14 12:44 pm
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings Updated: Apr-16-14 12:16 pm
- Coach suspended for pushing gas-passing student Updated: Apr-15-14 8:59 am
- Band coach accused of sex exploitation Updated: Apr-14-14 1:28 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Livonia High School's football and baseball teams have been sanctioned by the Louisiana High School Athletic Association for each allowing an ineligible transfer student to play in the past academic year.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana High School Athletic Association is requiring the Mandeville High School baseball team to forfeit eight games because one of its players was an ineligible student.
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Michigan - A 17-year-old high school varsity basketball player was fatally wounded in an apparent drive-by shooting as he and his friends walked to a sports banquet in western Michigan.
IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys have added another quarterback with starting experience in Caleb Hanie.
BOSTON - Two former college football players who went to high school together were charged Wednesday with beating up a homeless man.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois high school sports officials have voted to eliminate full pads from summer football practices.
GEORGETOWN, Texas - A Central Texas police officer has been put on paid leave after video surfaced allegedly showing him tripping and pushing students as they rushed a playing field after a state championship soccer game.
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio - Students, faculty and other community members on Monday mourned a popular high school football player who police say was fatally shot over the weekend while trying to play the role of peacemaker and police were seeking a 17-year-old suspect.
MOREHEAD, Kentucky - Morehead State has hired Greg Todd as its women's basketball coach.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The northwest Alaska village of Deering may be tiny - with just 130 residents - but its school mascot is in the running for a national championship of nicknames.
PICAYUNE, Mississippi - A Pearl River County judge has dismissed a lawsuit that alleged Picayune school officials were liable for a high school baseball player's injuries by failing to protect him from a hazing incident.
WENATCHEE, Washington - A Wenatchee High School teacher who was fired after a student drowned in the school pool will return to work next term.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Authorities say a Florida Panhandle school bus driver was killed in a crash while driving a high school track team back from a meet.
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana men's basketball coach Wayne Tinkle has announced the signing of Diablo Valley College guard Jermaine Edmonds Jr.
BELVIDERE, New Jersey - A New Jersey prosecutor says no charges will be filed against the members of a high school wrestling team who posed in a photograph that simulated a lynching.
BOISE, Idaho - A southwest Idaho man has pleaded guilty to five crimes committed during a drug-fueled rampage that left two men hospitalized and others injured.
PITTSBURGH - Three people from the western Pennsylvania town where 21 students and a security guard were wounded in a high school stabbing rampage hope to raise money for the victims by running the Boston Marathon.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo Public School District Superintendent Gearl Loden says the local high school football field will be called Renasant Field once new blue turf is installed this summer.
DETROIT - The Detroit schools have readmitted a high school football star accused of body-slamming a school guard to the ground.
MADISON, Minnesota - A 19-year-old western Minnesota man has admitted that he hosted an underage drinking party attended by a star high school athlete from Dawson who was later found dead of hypothermia.
MADISON, Minnesota - The girls' basketball coach at Lac qui Parle Valley High School in southwestern Minnesota said he initially didn't believe his team's most valuable player when she told him what she wanted to do with her award plaque.
CHELSEA, Alabama - Maygen Boaz-Jeffords remembers her first run-in with the law. She was 7 years old.
MURRYSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Classes resumed Wednesday at a Pittsburgh-area high school where authorities said a student stabbed or slashed 21 others and a security guard a week ago while rampaging through a hallway with two kitchen knives.
ALEXANDRIA, Pennsylvania - A high school football coach facing criminal charges for allegedly shoving a student who passed gas in the coach's classroom is receiving support from coaches in neighboring districts and others.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - An Air Academy High School band coach is facing charges of sexual exploitation of a child after he was accused of having an inappropriate relationship with a 16-year-old student.