- Video shows mass baptism on high school football field Updated: Sep-02-15 4:05 pm
VILLA RICA, Georgia - A video of football players and a coach being dunked into a small tub of water during a mass baptism on a public high school football field is drawing criticism from a religious-freedom group, and officials in Georgia say they're investigating.
- Ohio reviewing high school team's use of tiger cub mascot Updated: Sep-02-15 3:14 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Officials are reviewing whether a live tiger cub being used as an Ohio high school football team mascot meets standards for possession of dangerous animals, the state Department of Agriculture said Wednesday.
- Police probe hazing allegations involving football team Updated: Sep-02-15 2:34 pm
CROMWELL, Connecticut - An investigation is underway into allegations of hazing involving a Connecticut high school football team.
- District investigates mass baptism at Carroll County school Updated: Sep-02-15 6:31 am
VILLA RICA, Georgia - A school district in Georgia is investigating whether football players participated in a mass baptism on school grounds before practice, officials said.
- Runner competes despite her blindness Updated: Sep-02-15 5:02 am
FRANKLIN, Indiana - The distinct look of accomplishment spread across Logan Anderson's face.
- Tuesday's Scores Updated: Sep-01-15 9:24 pm
Cent Ark Christian 34, Arkansas Baptist 6
- How much will stipends affect college recruiting? Updated: Sep-01-15 5:07 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - An athlete has two offers to decide where to play for the next four years. One comes with considerably more cash than the other.
- Brocato, longtime scout for Oilers-Titans, dies of cancer Updated: Sep-01-15 4:48 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - C.O. Brocato, who scouted players over four decades with the Houston Oilers-Tennessee Titans, has died. He was 85.
- Broten, Scurry, Tollefson named to MSHSL Hall of Fame Updated: Sep-01-15 1:29 pm
BROOKLYN CENTER, Minnesota - Three former U.S. Olympians headline the Minnesota State High School League's 2015 Hall of Fame class.
- Pittsburgh high school coach on leave after student injury Updated: Sep-01-15 9:14 am
PITTSBURGH - An assistant football coach at Westinghouse High School in Pittsburgh has been placed on leave after a student reported being injured by the coach during football practice last month.
- Nebraska AP high school football rankings Updated: Sep-01-15 7:33 am
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.
- 6 high school football players sentenced in hazing case Updated: Aug-31-15 8:01 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Six of the seven football players accused of hazing and sexual assaulting four other teammates in a New Jersey high school locker room were placed on probationary terms, prosecutors announced Monday night.
- Morton resigns as assistant basketball coach at Seton Hall Updated: Aug-31-15 10:51 am
SOUTH ORANGE, New Jersey - Dwayne Morton has resigned as an assistant basketball coach at Seton Hall.
- Edgecombe high school player shot and wounded after game Updated: Aug-31-15 10:32 am
ROCKY MOUNT, North Carolina - A high school football player in Edgecombe County has been shot and wounded on his way home from a game.
- Wait finally over for Auburn QB Jeremy Johnson Updated: Aug-30-15 12:32 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Jeremy Johnson's Auburn teammates believe the preseason hype for their new quarterback is warranted.
- Wyoming has 14 in-state players on roster Updated: Aug-29-15 4:26 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - If Josh Harshman was two years older, he might not have landed at Wyoming.
- 2 slain TV station workers honored at Va. high school games Updated: Aug-29-15 1:22 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Two slain employees of a Roanoke TV station have been honored during the opening weekend of high school football games.
- Helmet heist doesn't stop Ohio team from taking the field Updated: Aug-29-15 12:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The high school football season has kicked off around Ohio. But for one team in Columbus, just getting on the field for its season opener proved to be quite a feat.
- Play resumes at repaired $60M high school stadium in Texas Updated: Aug-29-15 10:54 am
ALLEN, Texas - A defending state football champion has won its season opener at the $60 million stadium in North Texas that closed last year with structural problems.
- Judge considers whether to dismiss Illinois head-injury suit Updated: Aug-28-15 6:39 pm
CHICAGO - A judge is considering whether to grant a motion by Illinois' prep sports body to dismiss a class-action head-injury suit against it.
- Movement to curtail concussions and make sports safer Updated: Aug-28-15 4:49 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - When an athlete breaks a bone, sprains a joint or tears a ligament, the damage is easily identified by bruising, swelling and obvious pain.
- Vermont court reverses conviction of dad who yelled at coach Updated: Aug-28-15 4:49 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Supreme Court on Friday overturned the disorderly conduct conviction of a New Hampshire man who yelled profanity at a high school basketball coach and hit a parked car with his hand because he was upset his daughter didn't get to play in a junior varsity game.
- Smoke affecting high school sports schedules Updated: Aug-28-15 4:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Poor air quality due to forest fires in the West has led to the cancellation, postponement and relocation of several high school football games.
- Springfield rehires coach who lost job after complaint Updated: Aug-28-15 9:58 am
EUGENE, Oregon - The Springfield School District has rehired Bill Wagner as Springfield High School's girls basketball coach, less than three months after choosing not to renew his contract amid complaints from a parent.
- Fayetteville, Pine Bluff, PA atop Arkansas football polls Updated: Aug-28-15 2:08 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Last season's Class 7A runner-up, Fayetteville, is a near-unanimous pick as the top team in Arkansas in the preseason Associated Press high school football poll.