- Senate panel approves transgender student bathroom bill Updated: Feb-11-16 4:10 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - A bill limiting transgender students' use of bathrooms and locker rooms is headed to the full Senate against the urging of transgender people who testified, some clergy members and advocacy groups.
- Suspect in shooting near school has previous gun convictions Updated: Feb-11-16 2:57 pm
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Michigan - A 21-year-old western Michigan man charged with wounding three people in a shooting outside a high school basketball game has had previous weapons convictions.
- Idaho school fined for chants singling out player's mother Updated: Feb-11-16 2:22 pm
RUPERT, Idaho - Idaho officials have fined a high school over student chanting at a basketball game, saying the chants singled out an individual for harassment.
- Ex-Texas High School Rodeo Association official repays $100K Updated: Feb-11-16 1:19 pm
WACO, Texas - An ex-secretary for the Texas High School Rodeo Association has repaid $100,000 and been put on probation after stealing from the organization.
- School board: Basketball team can play during hazing probe Updated: Feb-10-16 1:33 pm
LEECHBURG, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania high school basketball team can play while police investigate alleged hazing-related assaults over the last decade, a school board decided.
- Prosecutors: High school coach sexually assaulted player Updated: Feb-10-16 5:57 am
GLOUCESTER CITY, New Jersey - Authorities say a southern New Jersey softball coach is facing sexual assault charges for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old player.
- House delays vote on athletes' religious clothing bill Updated: Feb-09-16 11:56 am
ATLANTA - The Georgia House has delayed voting on a bill that would prevent state-funded high schools from joining athletic associations that don't allow athletes to wear clothing expressing religious beliefs.
- Reality TV star, ex-rapper to coach football in Miami Updated: Feb-09-16 9:28 am
MIAMI - The female star of a reality television show along with a former rapper will be leading the football program at Miami's Jackson High School.
- Reality star named Florida's 1st female football head coach Updated: Feb-08-16 7:04 pm
MIAMI - A reality TV star has been hired as the first female high school football head coach in Florida history.
- Reborn Maine mill town offers lessons amid refugee crisis Updated: Feb-08-16 4:55 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - The arrival of thousands of Somali refugees in this former mill city in the nation's whitest state sparked a backlash at first, complete with a rally of white supremacists and a pig's head rolled into the local mosque.
- Chinook man dies in two-vehicle crash on Hi-Line Updated: Feb-08-16 4:36 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - An 18-year-old Chinook High School student was killed when his car collided with a semitrailer on U.S. Highway 2 east of Chinook near Zurich.
- Cheerleaders descend on Orlando this weekend Updated: Feb-07-16 3:05 am
ORLANDO, Florida - They are cheering loudly in Orlando this weekend.
- Muskogee man spends life basking in baseball, blues Updated: Feb-06-16 2:06 pm
MUSKOGEE, Oklahoma - A late arrival to baseball practice changed John Fabian's life for the better.
- 5 graduates return to coach Lexington High's speech team Updated: Feb-06-16 11:06 am
LEXINGTON, Nebraska - Five graduates of Lexington High School are coaching the school's speech team, the same team they once competed on together.
- Football coach inspires team to boost academic performance Updated: Feb-06-16 10:09 am
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Port Allen High wide receiver Sean Garner started his junior year in August with a 1.7 GPA and an apathetic outlook about college.
- Nebraska high school teams to compete for college savings Updated: Feb-06-16 5:05 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The winners of this year's Personal Finance Challenge will receive thousands of dollars in college savings accounts.
- Oklahoma City high school wrestler charged with sex crime Updated: Feb-05-16 8:11 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - An athlete at an Oklahoma City high school was charged this week with a sex crime after police say an act the boy described as a wrestling maneuver was obscene groping.
- Brawl erupts after girls high school game, 2 players charged Updated: Feb-05-16 6:21 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Police investigating a brawl involving players, coaches and fans following a girls high school basketball game in Ohio have charged two teammates in the melee.
- Column: There's a troubling new game in town: attack the ref Updated: Feb-05-16 4:54 pm
Usually, we come to criticize referees, umpires and those who officiate the games we play.
- Referee call barring Native American hair buns causes uproar Updated: Feb-05-16 12:54 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The board that governs Arizona high school sports says members of a girls' basketball team can wear their hair in traditional Navajo buns after a referee's decision to ban the hairstyle at a game this week caused an outcry.
- NCAA academic committee considering changes to rating system Updated: Feb-04-16 7:32 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA may start holding schools more accountable for the academic progress of athletes who are graduate transfers.
- Prosecutor: Girl texted with college man before stabbing Updated: Feb-04-16 7:30 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Two Virginia Tech students carefully planned the kidnapping and killing of a 13-year-old girl, arranging a pre-dawn rendezvous online after buying cleaning supplies and a shovel at separate Wal-Mart stores, a prosecutor alleged Thursday.
- Recruiting continues, several top 2017 QBs already committed Updated: Feb-04-16 2:21 pm
Signing day 2016 is in the books, and the race for top 2017 quarterback prospects began long before it ended.
- South Dakota State football team adds players from 10 states Updated: Feb-04-16 7:39 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - The South Dakota State University football team added 28 players during national signing day.
- 5-time defending FCS champion NDSU adds 26 recruits Updated: Feb-04-16 7:09 am
FARGO, North Dakota - The five-time defending national champion North Dakota State University football team added 26 players during national signing day.