- 'Great Expansion' of 1967 showed NHL was for real Updated: Feb-10-16 3:02 pm
The NHL's "great expansion" of 1967 delivered hockey to California, led to the "Broad Street Bullies" and legitimized the league as a major force in North American professional sports.
- AP Source: Los Angeles Kings place Ehrhoff on waivers Updated: Feb-10-16 1:34 pm
A person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that the Los Angeles Kings have placed veteran defenseman Christian Ehrhoff on waivers.
- Grin and bear it: NHL players say losing teeth part of game Updated: Feb-10-16 10:28 am
When Brent Burns packs his bags for road trips, the San Jose Sharks defenseman often leaves something behind: his cosmetic teeth.
- Grin and bear it: NHL players say losing teeth part of game Updated: Feb-10-16 8:23 am
When Brent Burns packs his bags for road trips, the San Jose Sharks defenseman often leaves something behind: His cosmetic teeth.
- Short-handed Flames hold on for 4-3 win over Maple Leafs Updated: Feb-10-16 1:30 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Flames center Markus Granlund made the most of his opportunity after three teammates were benched.
- Johansson has goal, 2 assists as Caps beat Predators 5-3 Updated: Feb-10-16 1:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A return to Nashville for Washington Capitals coach Barry Trotz was nice, but winning was even better.
- WHL Roundup: Barzal scores three times, Flodell makes 31 saves in Seattle win Updated: Feb-10-16 1:05 am
KENT, Washington - Mathew Barzal had three goals and an assist and Logan Flodell made 31 saves as the Seattle Thunderbirds blanked the Kelowna Rockets 6-0 on Tuesday in Western Hockey League action.
- Horvat's 2 points lead Canucks past Avalanche 3-1 Updated: Feb-10-16 12:44 am
DENVER - The Vancouver Canucks got defensive Tuesday night to help stop their four-game skid.
- Scheifele's goal gives Jets 2-1 shootout win over Blues Updated: Feb-10-16 12:43 am
ST. LOUIS - Mark Scheifele looked like a player who had scored plenty of shootout goals. The Winnipeg Jets looked like a team that could play with one of the NHL's best.
- Boucher leads Devils over Oilers 2-1 on Brodeur's big night Updated: Feb-10-16 12:34 am
- Klingberg gives Stars 4-3 win over Wild in OT Updated: Feb-10-16 12:28 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Kari Lehtonen needed a game like this in goal for the Dallas Stars.
- Plekanec scores twice, Canadiens beat Lightning 4-2 Updated: Feb-10-16 12:24 am
MONTREAL - Tomas Plekanec has stepped up his game lately, and the Montreal Canadiens are returning to their early season winning ways.
- Clutterbuck scores SO winner, Islanders top Blue Jackets 3-2 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:54 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The New York Islanders put a bad first period behind them and were able to break through against rookie goalie Joonas Korpisalo.
- Martin Jones makes 33 saves, Sharks blank Blackhawks 2-0 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:42 pm
CHICAGO - Martin Jones made 33 saves for his fifth shutout and Patrick Marleau scored a power-play goal in the second period to lead the San Jose Sharks past the Chicago Blackhawks 2-0 on Tuesday night.
- Lucic scores in return to Boston; Kings rout Bruins 9-2 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:33 pm
BOSTON - Milan Lucic looked as though he didn't want the night to end, taking the ice after both teams left to thank the fans who showered him with cheers most of the game.
- Fast-starting Florida Panthers beat Buffalo Sabres 7-4 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:32 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Shut out one night. On fire the next.
- Rakell scores twice to lead Ducks over Flyers 4-1 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:05 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Rickard Rakell was so upset following his performance on Monday that he couldn't sleep. Rest assured, he got some shut-eye after this one.
- Martin Brodeur has No. 30 jersey retired by Devils Updated: Feb-09-16 9:55 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Martin Brodeur tried to start his thank you speech only to be drowned out by the roaring crowd.
- TCF Bank Stadium hockey transformation begins Updated: Feb-09-16 8:06 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The transformation of TCF Bank Stadium into a temporary hockey arena has begun on the University of Minnesota campus.
- Penguins' Malkin to miss rest of week with lower-body injury Updated: Feb-09-16 3:32 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin's lower-body injury will keep him out at least the rest of the week.
- Senators get Phaneuf from Maple Leafs in 9-player trade Updated: Feb-09-16 2:23 pm
General manager Lou Lamoriello plans to exhaust the alphabet from A to Z to improve the Toronto Maple Leafs. His latest move was trading the man who has worn the "C'' on his chest for the past six seasons.
- Jury selection begins for ex-UAF player's sex assault trial Updated: Feb-09-16 8:10 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Jury selection has begun for the trial of a former University of Alaska Fairbanks hockey player accused of sexually assaulting a woman on campus.
- TV lights go out at TD Garden during Beanpot championship Updated: Feb-09-16 12:16 am
BOSTON - The championship game of the 64th edition of Boston's Beanpot college hockey tournament was delayed for about 30 minutes on Monday night when the rink TV lighting went out in the first period. Power elsewhere in the building was not affected.
- BC beats BU in OT in 1st 1-0 Beanpot game in 64 year history Updated: Feb-09-16 12:13 am
BOSTON - Boston University forward Jordan Greenway barreled into the net and knocked Boston College goalie Thatcher Demko to the ice, where he remained long enough to scare his coach into checking on him.
- Stone has 2 goals, assist and Sens beat Lightning 5-1 Updated: Feb-08-16 11:32 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - For the first time in a long time the Ottawa Senators are feeling good about themselves.