- Blackhawks beat Ducks 5-2 to force Game 7 in West finals Updated: May-28-15 12:09 am
CHICAGO - It is really hard to wear out Duncan Keith. He just keeps going and going and going.
- AP Source: Sabres interview ex-Penguins coach Dan Bylsma Updated: May-27-15 11:39 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Former Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma's interview for the Buffalo Sabres' vacancy extended into Wednesday night, though a deal had not been reached.
- Desrosiers makes 27 saves, Oceanic beat Remparts 4-0 Updated: May-27-15 11:26 pm
QUEBEC CITY - Philippe Desrosiers made 27 saves and the Rimouski Oceanic beat the host Quebec Remparts 4-0 on Wednesday night to stave off elimination in the Memorial Cup and force a tiebreaker game.
- Blackhawks bench D Kimmo Timonen for Game 6 Updated: May-27-15 8:12 pm
CHICAGO - Blackhawks defenseman Kimmo Timonen is inactive for Game 6 of the Western Conference finals against Anaheim.
- AP Source: Sharks to hire Peter DeBoer as head coach Updated: May-27-15 2:52 pm
- Lightning routed 7-3 by Rangers in Game 6 Updated: May-27-15 12:58 am
TAMPA, Florida - Lightning goalie Ben Bishop admitted that he really doesn't want to watch the tape of Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals.
- Brassard, Lundqvist lead Rangers past Lightning 7-3 Updated: May-27-15 12:09 am
- Burke: Michael Sam signing with CFL historic moment Updated: May-26-15 7:25 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Brian Burke believes the Montreal Alouettes signing of Michael Sam is a tipping point in professional sports.
- Blues retain Ken Hitchcock as coach for another season Updated: May-26-15 6:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - After careful deliberation, the St. Louis Blues are sticking with veteran coach Ken Hitchcock for another season.
- Seattle arena investor says no hockey-first plan yet Updated: May-26-15 6:01 pm
SEATTLE - Throughout the process, Seattle arena investor Chris Hansen has remained open to the idea of a hockey team being the first tenant for a proposed facility in the city's stadium district even if his focus is on basketball.
- Toews gets 2 to force OT, but Hawks drop Game 5 to Ducks 5-4 Updated: May-26-15 2:06 am
ANAHEIM, California - When Jonathan Toews scored twice in the final seconds to force overtime in Game 5, the Western Conference finals appeared to be bending under the weight of the Chicago Blackhawks' famed playoff tenacity.
- Beleskey scores in OT, Ducks beat Chicago 5-4 in wild Game 5 Updated: May-26-15 1:27 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks stumbled back to their dressing room after regulation in disbelief. Jonathan Toews had just scored two improbable goals in 72 seconds, and Game 5 of the Western Conference finals was headed into an overtime where everything seemed tilted toward Chicago.
- Rangers once again facing elimination, been there, done that Updated: May-25-15 12:11 am
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers will need another comeback to keep their Stanley Cup drive alive.
- Stamkos has goal and assist, Lightning beat Rangers 2-0 Updated: May-25-15 12:00 am
NEW YORK - Scoring goals made the Tampa Bay Lightning one of the NHL's most entertaining teams this season. Playing defense for the first time in three games has them within a victory of the Stanley Cup finals for the second time in franchise history.
- Sens. Reed, McCain lead visit to Vietnam, Singapore Updated: May-24-15 5:22 pm
- Buffalo's new women's pro hockey team holds training camp Updated: May-24-15 10:24 am
BUFFALO, New York - The "Beauts," Buffalo's entry into the National Women's Hockey League, are spending the unofficial start of summer on the ice.
- Ducks lose 5-4 to Blackhawks in Game 4 of Western final Updated: May-24-15 1:48 am
- Senators sing blues over impasse; GOP hopefuls stuck in DC Updated: May-22-15 10:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two senators have a plane to catch to Cuba, others were hoping to impress Republican presidential primary voters and then there's Sen. Lamar Alexander, who is slated to deliver a sunset piano performance of "Ol' Man River" on the banks of the Mississippi.
- Blackhawks recall defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk from minors Updated: May-22-15 6:21 pm
- Not even helmets help pro bull riders stave off concussions Updated: May-22-15 3:27 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Kasey Hayes hopped on the bovine beast trapped in the narrow holding pen like he'd done hundreds of times. He adjusted a tight rope on his left hand, found his balance and signaled he was ready to dominate the bull for the next eight seconds - or, at least, hoped to.
- Babcock bids emotional farewell in Detroit Updated: May-22-15 2:59 pm
- Fetisov wants to ban young Russians from going to NHL Updated: May-22-15 10:08 am
MOSCOW - Former Detroit Red Wings star Slava Fetisov has called for Russia to reintroduce Soviet-style restrictions to prevent promising young hockey players from moving to the NHL.
- Former Colorado College coach takes reins of USHL's Stampede Updated: May-22-15 7:24 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Sioux Falls Stampede has named former longtime Colorado College head coach Scott Owens as coach and general manager of the United States Hockey League franchise.
- NHL salary cap will climb to $71 million next season Updated: May-21-15 10:02 pm
CHICAGO - NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman expects the salary cap for the 2015-16 season to settle in around $71 million, depending on the fluctuations of the Canadian dollar.
- Penguins GM: Dan Bylsma free to pursue any coaching job Updated: May-21-15 7:38 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Former Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma is free to take any job opening, including the Buffalo Sabres' vacancy.