- Boat Trip rallies to win Hollywood Turf Express Updated: Dec-08-13 7:06 pm
- Cougar Ridge wins Big A feature Updated: Dec-08-13 6:28 pm
- British trainer banned for doping horses Updated: Dec-04-13 8:38 am
- Lawmakers don't take up horse racing bill Updated: Dec-03-13 7:59 pm
- Godolphin buys mare carrying Frankel's foal Updated: Dec-03-13 6:15 am
- Peter D. Carlino, of Penn National Gaming, dies Updated: Dec-02-13 4:58 pm
- Officials: Up to 50 illegal horse tracks in Texas Updated: Dec-02-13 3:52 pm
- Foiled Again, Market Share earn wins Updated: Nov-30-13 11:50 pm
- Triolo D'Alene wins Hennessy Gold Cup Updated: Nov-30-13 2:32 pm
- Will Take Charge wins Clark Handicap at Churchill Updated: Nov-29-13 7:17 pm
- Aqueduct calls off live racing because wind Updated: Nov-27-13 10:12 am
- Rousing Sermon wins On Trust Handicap Updated: Nov-24-13 10:12 pm
- Rise Up wins Delta Downs Jackpot Updated: Nov-23-13 11:01 pm
- Alajmal wins Colonial Cup, SC steeplechase double Updated: Nov-23-13 6:17 pm
- Trainer gets to 1,000 harness racing wins for year Updated: Nov-22-13 6:49 pm
- Study: Okla. horse industry has $3.6B impact Updated: Nov-22-13 6:56 am
- New Meadowlands Racetrack starts racing Saturday Updated: Nov-21-13 3:23 pm
- UW runner makes dream come true in NCAAs Updated: Nov-21-13 1:44 pm
- British racing trainer Richard Hannon to retire Updated: Nov-21-13 12:03 pm
- Champion mare Royal Delta is retired from racing Updated: Nov-20-13 8:02 pm
- Racing industry reaches online wagering agreement Updated: Nov-20-13 6:38 pm
- Pa. horse racing agencies said to face insolvency Updated: Nov-20-13 5:48 pm
- British horse racing tightens trainer doping rules Updated: Nov-20-13 11:17 am
- Jockey John Velazquez recovering after accident Updated: Nov-19-13 4:16 pm
- New trial ordered for jockey Robby Albarado Updated: Nov-15-13 8:08 pm
INGLEWOOD, California - Boat Trip rallied from last to win the $99,998 Hollywood Turf Express by a half-length, with a rare triple dead-heat for second at Betfair Hollywood Park on Sunday.
NEW YORK - Cougar Ridge rallied to beat Mr Palmer by 1½ lengths in the $79,000 allowance feature Sunday at Aqueduct.
LONDON - A British trainer who administered anabolic steroids to horses in his care has been banned for five years.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State lawmakers have adjourned without approving legislation supporters say would give the horse racing industry a needed boost.
NEWMARKET, England - A mare carrying the foal of British racing great Frankel has been bought at auction by Godolphin owner Sheik Mohammed for almost $7 million.
PHILADELPHIA - A businessman who started the company that became casino and racetrack operator Penn National Gaming has died.
HOUSTON - The Texas Racing Commission says as many as 50 illegal horse racetracks operate in the state, fueling concerns about illicit gambling, the safety of jockeys and horses and unfair competition for registered racing venues.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Foiled Again and Market Share won the inaugural $500,000 TVG Stakes for older horses on Saturday night at the Meadowlands.
NEWBURY, England - Triolo D'Alene gave champion trainer Nicky Henderson a third victory in the Hennessy Gold Cup by holding off Rocky Creek to win one of the biggest races in the British jumps calendar.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Will Take Charge bounced back Saturday from his loss in the Breeders Cup to win the Grade 1, $550,700 Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs Saturday.
NEW YORK - Live racing has been canceled at Aqueduct because of a forecast of high winds.
INGLEWOOD, California - Rousing Sermon won the $100,750 On Trust Handicap by 1¼ lengths on Sunday at Betfair Hollywood Park.
VINTON, Louisiana - Gerard Melancon won the Delta Downs Jackpot for the second time in three years, guiding Rise Up to a six-length victory Saturday in the $1 million race.
CAMDEN, South Carolina - Alajmal grabbed the lead with a bounding leap at the 17th and final fence to win the Marion duPont Scott Colonial Cup Steeplechase on Saturday by 3 1/2-lengths.
WASHINGTON, Pennsylvania - Ron Burke became the first harness racing trainer to record 1,000 victories in a year when Magic Starlight won the eighth race at The Meadows.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A study released this week shows that Oklahoma's horse industry had an economic impact totaling $3.6 billion in 2012.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - With the new, $88-million Meadowlands Racetrack scheduled to open for live racing on Saturday, Jeff Gural understandably has a case of the jitters.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - This is what Garrett Zans always wanted.
LONDON - Richard Hannon, one of British horse racing's most colorful trainers whose owners include Queen Elizabeth II, will retire at the end of year and hand over duties to his son.
OCALA, Florida - Royal Delta, who twice won the Breeders' Cup Distaff and was a double Eclipse Award champion, has been retired from racing.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois horse racing industry on Wednesday announced a plan it hopes will save its 2014 racing schedule and includes a surcharge on wagers.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The two state commissions that regulate horse racing in Pennsylvania are on the brink of insolvency, officials said Wednesday, and two top state senators are calling for the commissions to be dissolved and the regulatory responsibilities shifted to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
LONDON - Britain's horse racing body says trainers could face doping sanctions without a positive sample from a horse.
NEW YORK - Jockey John Velazquez is still recovering from injuries he sustained when his mount broke down in the Breeders' Cup.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A new trial has been ordered for jockey Robby Albarado, who won an appeal of his conviction on a misdemeanor assault charge.