- Tribes seek to hold ground ahead of new NY casinos Updated: Mar-09-14 9:05 am
- Game On Dude wins 3rd Santa Anita Handicap Updated: Mar-08-14 9:05 pm
- Ring Weekend wins Tampa Bay Derby Updated: Mar-08-14 7:17 pm
- Oliver Zip wins Big A's Fred Capossela Stakes Updated: Mar-08-14 5:14 pm
- Top Billing injured, off Triple Crown trail Updated: Mar-08-14 11:35 am
- Gomez, Asmussen are Racing Hall of Fame finalists Updated: Mar-07-14 2:12 pm
- Curlin, trainer Asmussen are racing hall finalists Updated: Mar-07-14 11:53 am
- Maine lawmakers advance series of gambling bills Updated: Mar-06-14 6:27 pm
- NYRA to spend $8.5M upgrading its 3 racetracks Updated: Mar-06-14 9:17 am
- Mine That Bird visiting Derby Museum Updated: Mar-06-14 3:34 am
- Nebraska proposal to expand horse racing advances Updated: Mar-05-14 8:27 pm
- Trainer cleared to race horses at Cheltenham Updated: Mar-05-14 10:15 am
- Council votes 'no' on casino gambling in Saratoga Updated: Mar-05-14 6:32 am
- New Mexico governor OKs aircraft industry tax cut Updated: Mar-03-14 7:25 pm
- State lifts Harrah's suspension; weather an issue Updated: Mar-02-14 1:25 pm
- Fargo track looking to expand horse racing meet Updated: Mar-02-14 9:29 am
- Spot rallies to win Swale Stakes at Gulfstream Updated: Mar-01-14 7:57 pm
- W.Va. House passes $39M budget cut patch Updated: Feb-26-14 7:00 pm
- Racing manager, 3 vets exit scandal-hit Godolphin Updated: Feb-24-14 7:02 pm
- Bee A Magician harness racing Horse of the Year Updated: Feb-23-14 10:41 pm
- Casino gambling key to survival for 2 Mass. tracks Updated: Feb-23-14 6:44 pm
- Wildcat Red wins Fountain of Youth Stakes Updated: Feb-22-14 9:29 pm
- Intense Holiday wins Risen Star Stakes Updated: Feb-22-14 9:17 pm
- Family says injured horseman in 'race of his life' Updated: Feb-21-14 5:41 pm
- Ky. lawmakers responding to Instant Racing ruling Updated: Feb-21-14 10:16 am
BUFFALO, New York - With New York state about to take bids for its first non-Indian casinos, tribes looking to hold their ground have been upgrading their existing casinos and exploring new ones.
ARCADIA, California - On the same track where Breeders' Cup glory has eluded him, Game On Dude won the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap by 1¾ lengths Saturday, becoming the first three-time champion in the race's 77-year history.
OLDSMAR, Florida - Ring Weekend held off favorite Vinceremos by three lengths Saturday in the Grade II $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby for 3-year-olds at Tampa Bay Downs.
NEW YORK - Oliver Zip raced to a a pacesetting victory Saturday in the $100,000 Fred Capossela Stakes for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
HALLANDALE BEACH, Florida - Triple Crown prospect Top Billing cracked his right front cannon bone in a workout Saturday and is off the Triple Crown trail.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Jockey Garrett Gomez and trainer Steve Asmussen, along with two-time Horse of the Year Curlin, are among 10 finalists named to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame ballot.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Two-time Horse of the Year Curlin, his trainer Steve Asmussen and Kentucky Derby-winning jockeys Chris Antley and Craig Perret are among the 10 finalists for election to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's American Indian tribes that have long seen gambling as the remedy for high unemployment and sluggish economic growth in their communities are a step closer to being able to operate casinos after winning initial approval in the Democratic-controlled House on Thursday.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - The New York Racing Association plans $8.5 million in upgrades at Saratoga Race Course and two other racetracks.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - One of the celebrities who will be in Louisville for this year's Kentucky Derby has four legs and has actually been around the track a time or two.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska racetracks are one step closer to allowing bets on previously run horse races, after a vote in the Legislature.
LONDON - A leading British trainer will be allowed to have runners at next week's high-profile Cheltenham Festival despite being under investigation for possessing anabolic steroids.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - The Saratoga Springs City Council has unanimously approved a resolution opposing the expansion of casino gambling in the city known for its historic thoroughbred racetrack.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Gov. Susana Martinez signed into law Monday a tax break to help New Mexico's aviation industry.
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission has lifted a suspension at Harrah's Philadelphia Racetrack and Casino, but an agency spokeswoman says the season won't begin as scheduled March 8 because of continuing cold, snowy weather.
FARGO, North Dakota - The North Dakota Horse Park in Fargo is planning a three-week racing season in July, its longest meet in five years.
HALLANDALE BEACH, Florida - Spot rallied from fifth place to beat favorite No Nay Never by 2½ lengths Saturday in the Grade 2 Swale Stakes for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia House members have approved $39 million in proposed cuts across areas like infrastructure, greyhound and thoroughbred racing to help balance a tight budget.
LONDON - The racing manager and three vets are leaving their roles at Godolphin as the horse racing organization is restructured following a doping scandal.
DOVER, Delaware - Bee A Magician has been voted harness racing's Horse of the Year following a 17-for-17 campaign.
BOSTON - By any measure, horse racing has been in marked decline for years in Massachusetts, leaving operators of the state's two tracks eyeing casino gambling as their last, best hope for survival.
HALLANDALE BEACH, Florida - Wildcat Red edged General a Rod by a head Saturday in the $400,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes at Gulfstream Park after they battled for the lead almost the entire race.
NEW ORLEANS - Intense Holiday rallied along the outside and narrowly edged Albano to win the Grade II Risen Star Stakes at the Fair Grounds Race Course on Saturday night.
The family of a driver who suffered catastrophic injuries in a harness-racing crash outside Philadelphia said Friday he's in "the race of his life" and expressed gratitude for the support shown by his colleagues in the racing industry.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo says lawmakers are drafting legislation that would tax Instant Racing games.