- Reload wins Belmont turf feature Updated: May-22-15 7:05 pm
NEW YORK - Reload extended his winning streak to three with a 2 1/4-length victory Friday in the $90,000 allowance feature on the turf at Belmont Park.
- American Pharoah gallops in Kentucky, others work at Belmont Updated: May-22-15 4:57 pm
NEW YORK - Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah went out for his first gallop since winning the Preakness, covering 1 3/16 miles at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky, on Friday.
- Some dramatic Triple Crown finishes, winners and losers Updated: May-22-15 12:39 pm
NEW YORK - Funny how a 1 1/2-mile race - the farthest distance most horses will ever run - can be decided by a head, neck or nose, or by 8, 25 or even 31 lengths.
- Owner of American Pharoah named in gambling debt lawsuit Updated: May-21-15 11:57 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Ahmed Zayat, owner of Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah, asked a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit that accuses him of owing $1.65 million to a man who says he fronted Zayat money for gambling bets placed at offshore casinos.
- Owner: American Pharoah expected to race until end of year Updated: May-20-15 5:18 pm
NEW YORK - Win or lose the Belmont Stakes, Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah is expected to keep racing for the rest of the year.
- Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt and John Hay Whitney in racing HOF Updated: May-20-15 3:21 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, who bred Native Dancer among his 77 stakes winners and was instrumental in helping thoroughbred racing gain exposure on television, and John Hay Whitney, an owner, breeder and leader of the sport for more than 50 years, have been elected posthumously to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
- Challengers lining up to take on American Pharoah in Belmont Updated: May-19-15 3:47 pm
NEW YORK - There's no shortage of challengers looking to upend American Pharoah in the Belmont Stakes and spoil his chance to win the Triple Crown.
- Preakness winner American Pharoah returns to Churchill Downs Updated: May-18-15 7:15 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - American Pharoah took a short walk to stretch his legs after his flight before getting a bath and retiring to his barn for some well-earned rest.
- Get your Triple Crown tickets - plenty available, for now Updated: May-18-15 5:39 pm
NEW YORK - The best seats are sold out, but about 40,000 general admission tickets remain for a chance to see American Pharoah attempt to win the Belmont Stakes and become the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
- Potential spoilers taking on American Pharoah in Belmont Updated: May-18-15 2:20 am
NEW YORK - Dortmund won't be around for this one, but a familiar cast of 3-year-olds are lining up as potential spoilers when American Pharoah attempts to win the Belmont Stakes and give thoroughbred racing its first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
- Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah healthy, but tired Updated: May-17-15 7:17 pm
BALTIMORE - American Pharoah wins on dry tracks, wet tracks, any tracks.
- Sawyer holds off Tela to win Monmouth Park feature Updated: May-17-15 6:04 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Sawyer held off Tela by a half-length to win the $40,000 allowance feature at Monmouth Park on Sunday.
- What was learned from American Pharoah's Preakness victory Updated: May-17-15 2:06 am
BALTIMORE - That was easy, wasn't it?
- Chenery, Cauthen: American Pharoah has the Triple Crown look Updated: May-16-15 11:54 pm
Secretariat owner Penny Chenery and Affirmed jockey Steve Cauthen believe American Pharoah is that special horse capable of ending a 37-year Triple Crown drought. Ron Turcotte agrees.
- Fantastic Style wins Angels Flight Stakes at Santa Anita Updated: May-16-15 9:56 pm
ARCADIA, California - Fantastic Style cruised to a 3 1/4-length victory in the $75,000 Angels Flight Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita.
- American Pharoah romps in Preakness; Triple Crown try next Updated: May-16-15 9:02 pm
BALTIMORE - Minutes before the Preakness, it was an ominous scene at Pimlico Race Course. Thunder and lightning. Wind and rain. A record crowd scrambling for cover. A drenched racetrack.
- Tall Tale: Surprising 2nd for Tale of Verve in Preakness Updated: May-16-15 8:50 pm
BALTIMORE - A 30-1 long shot in the morning line, Tale of Verve got virtually no love from the media or bettors leading up to the Preakness.
- Ironicus wins Dixie Stakes on Preakness undercard Updated: May-16-15 6:17 pm
BALTIMORE - Ironicus surged in the stretch to win the $300,000 Dixie Stakes, the richest race Saturday on the Preakness undercard at Pimlico.
- Pimlico official says Preakness could move to Sunday in 2016 Updated: May-16-15 5:06 pm
BALTIMORE - There could come a time in the next few years when the Preakness is held on a Sunday at Laurel Park.
- Water main break leaves Pimlico short on Preakness Day Updated: May-16-15 4:41 pm
BALTIMORE - A water-main break around two miles from Pimlico Race Course has left the track short of water on Preakness Day.
- Long shot Keen Pauline wins $250,000 Black-Eyed Susan Updated: May-15-15 6:39 pm
BALTIMORE - Javier Castellano thought he knew exactly how the Black-Eyed Susan was going to pan out.
- Preakness starters' names evolve from an involved process Updated: May-15-15 3:03 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Coming up with a clever name for a thoroughbred can be a challenge - and not just creatively.
- Kansas Senate approves bill for reviving KCK racing park Updated: May-14-15 10:47 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A bill designed to revive a Kansas City-area dog and horse racing park by lowering taxes on its slot machines was approved by the Kansas Senate on Thursday.
- Canterbury Park to open 70-day racing meet Updated: May-14-15 6:08 pm
SHAKOPEE, Minnesota - Canterbury Park is about to open its 2015 racing season.
- Protest of Baltimore police actions planned on Preakness Day Updated: May-14-15 3:17 pm
BALTIMORE - Some groups opposed to Baltimore police actions in the Freddie Gray case plan to rally in downtown Baltimore Saturday afternoon.