- Dream Team keeps it in Baffert family with Los Alamitos win Updated: May-01-16 9:32 pm
LOS ALAMITOS, California - Dream Team won the $48,691 feature by 3 1/4 lengths for trainer Bob Baffert on closing day of the 12-day spring meet at Los Alamitos on Sunday.
- Races back on at Arlington Park after legal dispute resolved Updated: May-01-16 6:27 pm
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Illinois - Opening day at Arlington International Racecourse is back on following an agreement to resolve a lawsuit that threatened the summer horse racing season at the suburban Chicago track.
- Winning in the rain: Lady Shipman takes License Fee Stakes Updated: May-01-16 5:57 pm
NEW YORK - Lady Shipman easily beat three rivals Sunday in the $100,000 License Fee Stakes for fillies and mares at rainy Belmont Park.
- Expected Kentucky Derby favorite Nyquist jogs at Churchill Updated: May-01-16 2:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Nyquist has stepped onto the track at Churchill Downs for the first time to begin his final preparations for the Kentucky Derby.
- Toews On Ice wins William Walker by 2 lengths at Churchill Updated: Apr-30-16 9:52 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Toews On Ice took command at the top of the stretch and went on to a two-length victory over Entertainer in the $100,000 William Walker for 3-year-olds on a rainy opening night of the spring meet at Churchill Downs on Saturday.
- Winners announced in 2016 KAPB contest Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Winners of the Kentucky Associated Press Broadcasters contest were announced April 30 in Louisville. The KAPB awards recognize outstanding performance in broadcast journalism. The KAPB college competition recognizes outstanding performance in college broadcast journalism.
- Keeneland has provided a training option for Derby hopefuls Updated: Apr-29-16 3:10 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - While the path to the Kentucky Derby has wound through Florida, New York, California and other places, some hopefuls have found a quiet little stopover down the road from Churchill Downs at Keeneland.
- Wyoming Downs struggles with new horse race machines Updated: Apr-29-16 10:34 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - One of two companies licensed to operate historic horse racing machines in Wyoming has closed half of its locations and reduced hours at the others in recent months.
- $1M bonus offered to horse sweeping 3 races in California Updated: Apr-28-16 12:27 pm
DEL MAR, California - A $1 million bonus is being offered to a horse that sweeps this year's Pacific Classic, Awesome Again Stakes and the Breeders' Cup Classic, a trio of Grade 1 Southern California races.
- Bevin revamps Kentucky Horse Racing Commission Updated: Apr-27-16 6:05 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Gov. Matt Bevin revamped the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on Wednesday with 11 new members and one holdover, reshaping a group overseeing a signature state industry.
- Triple Crown winner Espinoza to ride Whitmore in Derby Updated: Apr-27-16 1:36 pm
Victor Espinoza will have a chance for an unprecedented three-peat in the Kentucky Derby, after all.
- New Mexico regulators push for more testing of racehorses Updated: Apr-27-16 5:56 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico regulators say they're expanding efforts to catch cheaters at the state's horse tracks.
- Idaho official: Kobe Bryant's remarks help save potato truck Updated: Apr-25-16 3:39 pm
EAGLE, Idaho - Kobe Bryant's recent mention of the Great Big Idaho Potato Truck might have helped save the traveling advertisement from a premature retirement, according to the head of a state agency that promotes Idaho potatoes.
- Racing Hall of Fame: Rachel, Zenyatta, Dominguez, Asmussen Updated: Apr-25-16 2:37 pm
Steve Asmussen hit the jackpot seven years ago with Rachel Alexandra. Soon, they'll be together again - in the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame.
- Breeders' Cup to return to Churchill Downs in 2018 Updated: Apr-25-16 12:17 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Breeders' Cup is returning to its old Kentucky home at Churchill Downs.
- High court won't step into Mich. dispute over harness racing Updated: Apr-25-16 9:57 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court won't step into a dispute between Michigan gaming officials and a group of harness racing drivers over allegations of race-fixing.
- Velazquez rides 2 stakes winners on closing day at Aqueduct Updated: Apr-24-16 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - John Velazquez rode both winners of the $100,000 stakes for 3-year-olds on Sunday at Aqueduct.
- New Jersey's horse racing industry hopes for change in luck Updated: Apr-24-16 12:17 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - As Monmouth Park prepares to open its gates next month for a new season, New Jersey's horse racing industry continues to deal with sagging track attendance and betting numbers as the battle for entertainment dollars goes on.
- Bit Of A Legend wins Levy Memorial at Yonkers Updated: Apr-23-16 10:43 pm
YONKERS, New York - Bit Of A Legend won the $609,000 Levy Memorial on Saturday night at Yonkers Raceway, beating All Bets Off by a length in the richest race for pacers so far this year.
- 400 years later, Shakespeare's voice still echoes in sports Updated: Apr-22-16 1:56 pm
He's the cleanup hitter of the English language, the sultan of sonnet and song.
- Equine herpes forces racehorse quarantine at Nebraska track Updated: Apr-20-16 10:00 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - Hundreds of racehorses have been quarantined at Fonner Park in Grand Island because three of them tested positive for equine herpes.
- AP Derby Top 10: Nyquist is so No. 1, California horses rule Updated: Apr-18-16 5:49 pm
Those California horses sure love the Kentucky Derby. And there's not a beach anywhere near Churchill Downs - only a winner's circle, a blanket of roses and a place in the history books.
- Cupid has breathing problem, won't run in Kentucky Derby Updated: Apr-18-16 3:16 pm
Triple Crown-winning trainer Bob Baffert says Cupid has a breathing problem and won't run in the Kentucky Derby.
- Top filly Songbird out of Kentucky Oaks with fever Updated: Apr-18-16 12:01 am
Without Songbird, the Kentucky Oaks at Churchill Downs on the day before the Kentucky Derby won't be the same.
- Countdown to Kentucky Derby begins Updated: Apr-17-16 7:11 pm
The road to the Kentucky Derby is just about over. Now comes the countdown to the first Saturday in May.