- Celebrity chef Bobby Flay on racing Hall of Fame board Updated: Nov-24-15 3:06 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Celebrity chef and thoroughbred horse owner Bobby Flay has been appointed to the board of trustees of the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
- NY Gaming Commission proposes new race horse drug rules Updated: Nov-23-15 8:02 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York regulators have fined one of horse racing's winningest trainers and say they're pursuing new equine drug regulations after a probe into abuse allegations by an animal-rights group.
- Solid Wager wins Cary Grant Stakes at Del Mar Updated: Nov-22-15 10:13 pm
DEL MAR, California - Solid Wager rallied from last place turning into the stretch to win the $100,000 Cary Grant Stakes by a half-length Sunday at Del Mar.
- Ortiz wins 4 including Key Cents Stakes at Aqueduct Updated: Nov-22-15 5:40 pm
NEW YORK - Irad Ortiz Jr. had four wins at Aqueduct on Sunday including $100,000 Key Cents Stakes aboard Frosty Margarita.
- Dawalan wins Marion duPont Scott Steeplechase Updated: Nov-21-15 6:09 pm
CAMDEN, South Carolina - Irv Naylor's Dawalan drew away to a 5 1/4-length victory Saturday in the 46th running of the $100,000 Marion duPont Scott Steeplechase at the Springdale Race Course.
- Jockey Joe Talamo takes day off to marry longtime girlfriend Updated: Nov-20-15 11:03 pm
SAN DIEGO - Jockey Joe Talamo took the day off from the races to marry his longtime girlfriend Friday.
- Michael Anifantis named Monmouth Park racing director Updated: Nov-19-15 4:42 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Michael Anifantis has been named director of racing for Monmouth Park.
- Pat Eddery, 11-time flat racing champion, dies at 63 Updated: Nov-10-15 5:50 am
LONDON - Pat Eddery, the Irish jockey who was crowned flat-racing champion 11 times, has died. He was 63.
- Military, veterans get in free at Churchill Downs, museum Updated: Nov-09-15 5:01 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Veterans and active duty military personnel are invited to visit the Kentucky Derby Museum and Churchill Downs free of charge on Wednesday in honor of Veterans Day.
- Stud fee at $200K for Triple Crown champ American Pharoah Updated: Nov-07-15 8:20 pm
Triple Crown winner American Pharoah will stand at stud for $200,000, one of the highest prices for a horse in his first year as a stallion.
- Lawmakers discuss possible changes to Idaho's veto rules Updated: Nov-06-15 6:24 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho House Speaker Scott Bedke says better clarification surrounding when and how legislation is vetoed is needed to avoid the high-profile lawsuit that shut down lucrative betting machines across the state.
- Racing to return to Fargo's North Dakota Horse Park in 2016 Updated: Nov-06-15 8:30 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Horse racing will return to Fargo next year, after a one-year hiatus.
- American Pharoah draws best Breeders' Cup rating in 20 years Updated: Nov-03-15 4:03 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Triple Crown winner American Pharoah's last race drew the highest television rating in two decades for the Breeders' Cup telecast.
- Female jockey makes history with 1st win at Melbourne Cup Updated: Nov-03-15 4:10 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Michelle Payne became the first female jockey to win the Melbourne Cup on Tuesday when she rode the 100-1 outsider Prince of Penzance to victory in Australia's richest horse race.
- Lady Sabelia wins Belmont's Pumpkin Pie Stakes Updated: Nov-01-15 4:17 pm
NEW YORK - Lady Sabelia drew away to a seven-length victory Sunday in the $100,000 Pumpkin Pie Stakes, the closing day feature at Belmont Park.
- New money deadline approaching for Texas horse racing Updated: Nov-01-15 1:45 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Horse racing in Texas could come to an abrupt halt at the end of this month for the second time this year if the Texas Racing Commission again runs out of state money in a dispute between the commission and some lawmakers opposed to expansion of gambling.
- American Pharoah leaves his multitude of fans for stud life Updated: Nov-01-15 1:23 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Bob Baffert began his final full day as American Pharoah's trainer by walking the Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup Classic winner into the middle of an adoring crowd outside his Keeneland barn.
- Wally Dollase, thoroughbred trainer of champions, dies at 78 Updated: Oct-31-15 8:07 pm
ARCADIA, California - Wally Dollase, the trainer of Eclipse Award champions Itsallgreektome and Jewel Princess, has died after a long illness. He was 78.
- American Pharoah wins Breeders' Cup Classic in final race Updated: Oct-31-15 7:56 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Hail and farewell, American Pharoah.
- Nyquist rallies to win Breeders' Cup Juvenile at Keeneland Updated: Oct-31-15 4:58 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - J. Paul Reddam didn't mince words about his expectations for Nyquist after the colt's rally for a half-length victory in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile.
- The Latest: Tepin wins Breeders' Cup Mile Updated: Oct-31-15 4:04 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The latest on the Breeders' Cup, in which Triple Crown winner American Pharoah races for the last time before retiring (all times EDT):
- Mongolia earns 1st victory at Breeders' Cup horse race Updated: Oct-31-15 2:33 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Mongolia made a splash at the Breeders' Cup when a longshot horse with an owner and trainer from the central Asian nation won the $1 million Turf Sprint at Keeneland on Saturday.
- Smooth Roller scratched from Breeders' Cup Classic Updated: Oct-31-15 10:30 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Smooth Roller has been scratched from the Breeders' Cup Classic, leaving seven horses to challenge Triple Crown winner American Pharoah.
- Stopchargingmaria survives drama, wins Breeders' Cup Distaff Updated: Oct-30-15 7:20 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Stopchargingmaria won the $2 million Breeders' Cup Distaff by a neck, giving trainer Todd Pletcher and jockey Javier Castellano their second victories Friday on the opening day of the world championships at Keeneland.
- Keeneland hosts Breeders' Cup championships for first time Updated: Oct-30-15 7:18 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Keeneland is 75 miles east of the famous Twin Spires at Churchill Downs, and the little track always seems to operate in the shadows of the home of horse racing's crown jewel.