- Horse races start at Stanley County Fairgrounds Updated: Apr-20-14 1:14 pm
- Flamboyant wins US debut at Santa Anita Updated: Apr-19-14 11:44 pm
- Dynamic Impact wins Illinois Derby in photo finish Updated: Apr-19-14 8:23 pm
- Mr Speaker wins Coolmore Lexington Stakes Updated: Apr-19-14 7:29 pm
- La Verdad wins Big A's Distaff Handicap Updated: Apr-19-14 5:48 pm
- Tadesee wins Kentucky Derby Marathon Updated: Apr-19-14 4:51 pm
- Ward becomes chairman of international group Updated: Apr-17-14 4:03 am
- A quiet post-Masters for Watson, with a surprise Updated: Apr-15-14 6:03 pm
- Special julep cups offered to support Old Friends Updated: Apr-15-14 4:07 am
- Danza wins Arkansas Derby as 40-1 long shot Updated: Apr-12-14 8:56 pm
- Dance With Fate wins Blue Grass at Keeneland Updated: Apr-12-14 8:26 pm
- Triple dead-heat for 1st in Louisiana horse race Updated: Apr-12-14 8:11 pm
- Close Hatches wins Apple Blossom at Oaklawn Updated: Apr-11-14 9:20 pm
- Wise Dan wins Maker's 46 Mile at Keeneland Updated: Apr-11-14 6:47 pm
- Churchill Downs to keep more from each bet Updated: Apr-11-14 12:27 pm
- Kentucky-raised foods featured at Derby Festival Updated: Apr-11-14 4:04 am
- New York horse trainer Joe Aquilino dies at 76 Updated: Apr-10-14 1:35 pm
- Tapiture is early favorite for Arkansas Derby Updated: Apr-09-14 7:28 pm
- Bobby's Kitten a 3-1 favorite in Blue Grass Stakes Updated: Apr-09-14 2:26 pm
- Nebraska voters to decide on historic horse racing Updated: Apr-07-14 6:05 pm
- Colorado track, casinos debate gambling measures Updated: Apr-07-14 10:35 am
- California Chrome easily wins Santa Anita Derby Updated: Apr-05-14 9:06 pm
- Wicked Strong wins Big A's Wood Memorial Updated: Apr-05-14 8:08 pm
- Room Service, Rosalind run dead even at Keeneland Updated: Apr-05-14 7:45 pm
- Horse trainer Richard Small dies at age 68 Updated: Apr-05-14 4:30 pm
FORT PIERRE, South Dakota - The annual horse races in Fort Pierre at the Stanley County Fairgrounds have begun.
ARCADIA, California - Flamboyant won the $75,000 La Puente Stakes by a neck in his U.S. debut at Santa Anita on Saturday.
STICKNEY, Illinois - Dynamic Impact ran down 2-5 favorite Midnight Hawk in the stretch to win the $500,000 Illinois Derby by a nose at Hawthorne Race Course on Saturday.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Mr Speaker took charge down the stretch to win the $200,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes at Keeneland on Saturday and earn 10 points toward the Kentucky Derby, but will be a spectator to the Triple Crown.
NEW YORK - La Verdad dominated the $200,000 Distaff Handicap, winning by 3½ lengths on Saturday at Aqueduct.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Birhanu Tadesee won the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon on Saturday in 2 hours, 17 minutes, 54 seconds.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's executive director has assumed the chairmanship of an international industry group.
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Bubba Watson decided to keep his post-Masters victory more low key this year. Instead of going to New York for a media tour, he headed home to Orlando, Florida, and kept plans for a five-day vacation with his wife.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Woodford Reserve is selling special mint julep cups to raise money for an organization that takes care of retired thoroughbreds.
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Todd Pletcher worked his Arkansas Derby magic once again, this time in the most unexpected fashion.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Dance With Fate gave trainer Peter Eurton and the colt's owners a nice dilemma Saturday in the $750,000 Blue Grass Stakes, charging past Pablo Del Monte for the victory and a spot in the Kentucky Derby field - if the brain trust wants it.
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - There was a triple dead-heat for first in a horse race at Evangeline Downs, a finish so rare there have been just six since 1990.
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Close Hatches won the $600,000 Apple Blossom Handicap for older fillies and mares by 1¼ lengths at Oaklawn Park on Friday.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan showed no signs of slowing down as a 7-year-old Friday, beating the late-charging Kaigun by three-quarters of a length in the Grade 1, $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile at Keeneland.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Churchill Downs plans to start taking a bigger cut from bets wagered on its races, which means gamblers cashing winning tickets will collect less money.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky-grown food will be served up during the Kentucky Derby Festival that leads up to the big race at Churchill Downs.
NEW YORK - Joe Aquilino, a longtime New York trainer whose 58-1 shot Badge finished third at the 1999 Preakness, has died. He was 76.
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Tapiture was made the 9-5 early favorite for this weekend's $1 million Arkansas Derby, which attracted a field of nine horses.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Bobby's Kitten is the early favorite for Saturday's $750,000 Blue Grass Stakes at Keeneland.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska voters will decide if the state should allow betting on previously recorded horse races, after the Legislature decided to put the issue on the ballot.
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Colorado voters this fall may see competing proposals on gambling, one by a horse racing track that wants to expand into slot machines, another by a casino industry worried by the track's proposal.
ARCADIA, California - Art Sherman knows what it takes to get a horse to the Kentucky Derby and win. He had a close-up view as an 18-year-old workout rider when Swaps won the 1955 Run for the Roses. Nearly 60 years later, Sherman is taking his own colt to Louisville as the early Derby favorite.
NEW YORK - Wicked Strong pulled a 9-1 upset in the $1 million Wood Memorial for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct on Saturday.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The waiting for stewards to decide the outcome seemed to drag on, but their conclusion pleased the jockeys and trainers of two horses who raced each other so hard to a finish that couldn't be settled by video replay or a photo finish.
BALTIMORE - Richard "Dickie" Small, who trained 1994 Breeders' Cup Classic winner Concern and helped launch the careers of several female jockeys, has died of cancer. He was 68.