- Shore Runner wins $100K Lucky Coin at Saratoga Race Course Updated: Jul-27-15 5:17 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Brad Grady's Shore Runner got his nose down on the wire after a dramatic stretch run to edge Sharp Sensation and win the third running of the $100,000 Lucky Coin on Monday at Saratoga Race Course.
- 19-year-old takes up harness racing Updated: Jul-27-15 11:05 am
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - Sierra Graham says she is always one of the youngest drivers - if not the youngest - when she takes the reins in harness horse racing.
- Long-shot Wild Dude rallies to win Bing Crosby Updated: Jul-26-15 11:30 pm
DEL MAR, California - Long-shot Wild Dude rallied to win the $300,000 Bing Crosby Stakes on Sunday at Del Mar, beating favored Masochistic by 1 1/4 lengths.
- Stormy Regatta , Isabella Sings win Monmouth feature races Updated: Jul-26-15 6:15 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Stormy Regatta overtook Rachel Wall in the closing strides to win by a nose in one division of the $60,000 Little Silver Stakes at Monmouth Park on Sunday, while Isabella Sings scored a wire-to-wire win in the other division.
- 3 jockeys accused of fixing races at Evangeline Downs Updated: Jul-23-15 3:11 pm
OPELOUSAS, Louisiana - Louisiana State Police say three jockeys have been arrested for an alleged race-fixing scheme at Evangeline Downs.
- American Pharoah 'on course' for 1st race since Triple Crown Updated: Jul-23-15 3:06 pm
DEL MAR, California - Trainer Bob Baffert says American Pharoah is "right on course" for his first race since winning the Triple Crown after a longer-than-expected run in California.
- Hazel Park racetrack near Detroit to end live meet early Updated: Jul-22-15 6:21 pm
HAZEL PARK, Michigan - Hazel Park Raceway is halting its live thoroughbred meet on Aug. 8, over a month earlier than planned.
- Racing museum exhibits NY artist's series of popular posters Updated: Jul-21-15 3:08 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - With the thoroughbred racing season about to begin in Saratoga Springs, a local museum has opened an exhibit of a popular series of posters started by a New York artist in the 1980s.
- Wonderment wins Belmont's Lynbrook Stakes Updated: Jul-19-15 7:20 pm
NEW YORK - Wonderment romped to a 6 3/4-length victory Sunday in the $125,000 Lynbrook Stakes, the closing day feature at Belmont Park.
- Jockey Trevor McCarthy injured in spill at Monmouth Park Updated: Jul-19-15 6:17 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Jockey Trevor McCarthy was taken to a hospital for neurological testing after he was tossed from his mount during the feature race at Monmouth Park on Sunday.
- Trainer: California Chrome to return to racing in 2016 Updated: Jul-19-15 5:12 pm
DEL MAR, California - Trainer Art Sherman says California Chrome, winner of the 2014 Kentucky Derby and Horse of the Year, will return to racing next year.
- Sheer Drama wins Delaware Handicap Updated: Jul-18-15 6:42 pm
STANTON, Delaware - Harold Queen's Sheer Drama challenged pacesetter Frivolous in the second turn and shook free late for a two-length victory Saturday in the Grade 1 $750,00 Delaware Handicap.
- American Pharoah may face less than stellar field in Haskell Updated: Jul-17-15 4:46 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Triple Crown winner American Pharoah may have an easy time of it in the $1 million Haskell Invitational in two weeks, with a less than stellar field starting to take shape.
- Gulfstream to offer 4 no-Lasix races this weekend Updated: Jul-16-15 5:59 pm
HALLANDALE BEACH, Florida - Gulfstream Park will offer four Lasix-free races this weekend.
- Congressmen proposing uniform drugs rules in horse racing Updated: Jul-16-15 12:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Two congressmen are introducing a bill that would establish uniform drug and medication standards in thoroughbred racing in 2017.
- California Chrome to recover from injury at Kentucky farm Updated: Jul-15-15 7:05 pm
DEL MAR, California - California Chrome, the 2014 Kentucky Derby winner and Horse of the Year, will recover from a bone bruise at a Kentucky farm for three months.
- Presque Isle Downs gets permit to shoot deer near racetrack Updated: Jul-15-15 9:29 am
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A northwestern Pennsylvania racetrack has gotten a state permit to shoot 15 deer as part of an effort to keep the animals from jumping onto the track during thoroughbred races.
- American Pharoah arrives at Del Mar for training Updated: Jul-14-15 6:45 pm
DEL MAR, California - American Pharoah arrived at Del Mar Race Track on Tuesday to begin training for next month's Haskell Invitational in New Jersey.
- Wiggle It Jiggleit favored in Meadowlands Pace Updated: Jul-14-15 5:41 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Wiggle It Jiggleit is ideally positioned for the $706,000 Crawford Farms Meadowlands Pace this weekend.
- Legal questions swirl in case over horse-racing bill veto Updated: Jul-13-15 5:56 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho officials are preparing legal defenses in the court case over legislation banning instant horse racing terminals throughout the state.
- American Pharoah won't run at Minnesota's Canterbury Park Updated: Jul-13-15 2:12 pm
SHAKOPEE, Minnesota - Canterbury Park officials say Triple Crown winner American Pharoah will not run in the Mystic Lake Derby next month.
- Swipe wins Summer Juvenile Championship at Los Alamitos Updated: Jul-13-15 1:21 am
LOS ALAMITOS, California - Swipe won the $85,100 Summer Juvenile Championship for 2-year-olds by a head over Mrazek on Sunday at Los Alamitos, putting brothers Kent and Keith Desormeaux in the winner's circle on closing day of the track's brief summer meet.
- Jockey Rajiv Maragh injured in spill, out indefinitely Updated: Jul-12-15 1:41 pm
NEW YORK - Jockey Rajiv Maragh remains hospitalized with four fractured vertebrae, a broken left rib and punctured lung after a frightening spill during a race at Belmont Park.
- Calamity Kate, a 54-1 shot, wins Delaware Oaks Updated: Jul-11-15 8:06 pm
STANTON, Delaware - Calamity Kate, sent off at odds of 54-1, led the whole way, had enough left to hold off Peace and War for a stunning upset in the Grade III $300,000 Delaware Oaks on Saturday. The field included pro-tem division leader Lovely Maria.
- Stanford wins Monmouth's Long Branch Stakes Updated: Jul-11-15 7:29 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Stanford won the $103,000 Long Branch Stakes on Saturday at Monmouth Park.