- Police: 3 killed Canadian tourist after Kentucky Derby Updated: May-04-15 6:11 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Canadian tourist in town for the Kentucky Derby was shot to death while fighting off three people who robbed him at random during a crime spree amid the festivities of the famed horse race, police said Monday.
- 2 separate fatal shootings happen on Kentucky Derby day Updated: May-04-15 6:13 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Police are investigating separate fatal shootings, one occurring before the Kentucky Derby and one after.
- News briefs from around Kentucky at 1:58 a.m. EDT Updated: May-04-15 3:04 am
BOSTON - Winter's full fury arrived late in much of the country but once it did it was relentless, quickly exhausting snow removal budgets and pushing the resources of state transportation agencies to their limit as they fought to keep highways safe and passable, according to a first-of-its-kind survey.
- Kentucky Derby win raises expectations for American Pharoah Updated: May-04-15 2:52 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Trainer Bob Baffert barely had 14 hours to digest his Kentucky Derby victory with American Pharoah before hearing the inevitable question.
- Derby winner American Pharoah a go in Preakness Updated: May-03-15 9:17 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Lured by the promise of carrots, American Pharoah was led out of the barn to face a throng of cameras.
- Spanish Queen wins $200,000 Honeymoon Stakes at Santa Anita Updated: May-03-15 9:15 pm
ARCADIA, California - Spanish Queen won the $200,000 Honeymoon Stakes for 3-year-old fillies by 1 1/2 lengths Sunday at Santa Anita.
- Loki's Vengeance wins Belmont's Affirmed Success Stakes Updated: May-03-15 7:24 pm
NEW YORK - Loki's Vengeance won the Affirmed Success Stakes for New York breds Sunday at Belmont Park.
- Police investigate fatal shooting near Kentucky Derby Updated: May-03-15 12:55 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville police are investigating a fatal shooting that took place near the Kentucky Derby.
- Jockey Ryan Moore completes Guineas double on Legatissimo Updated: May-03-15 11:49 am
NEWMARKET, England - Jockey Ryan Moore completed a double of British classic wins this weekend by riding Legatissimo to victory in the 1,000 Guineas on Sunday.
- The Latest: Mayweather-Pacquiao close going into late rounds Updated: May-03-15 12:42 am
LAS VEGAS - 9:38 p.m. (12:38 a.m.) Round 10
- Espinoza on a Derby roll with 2nd straight win, 3 overall Updated: May-02-15 9:32 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Victor Espinoza is getting pretty good at winning the Kentucky Derby.
- Habitat wins Dexter Cup for 3-year-old trotters at Freehold Updated: May-02-15 6:05 pm
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - Habitat took the lead early on and posted a 3 3/4-length victory in the $133,170 Dexter Cup for 3-year-old trotting colts at Freehold Raceway on Saturday.
- Private Zone wins Churchill Downs Stakes Updated: May-02-15 5:50 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Private Zone was the front-running winner in the $500,000 Churchill Downs Stakes as Bayern faded badly Saturday in his season debut.
- The Latest: Flay fires up winner in Derby undercard race Updated: May-02-15 3:00 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - 2:38 p.m.
- International Star scratched from 141st Kentucky Derby Updated: May-02-15 12:21 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - International Star was scratched from the Kentucky Derby early Saturday, leaving 18 horses to run for the roses.
- Dan Farley, longtime horse racing writer, dies at 72 Updated: May-02-15 12:21 pm
MECHANICSVILLE, Virginia - Dan Farley, an award-winning horse racing writer who covered hundreds of Triple Crown and Breeders' Cup races and was a former president of the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters Association, has died. He was 72.
- Lovely Maria wins Kentucky Oaks at Churchill Downs Updated: May-01-15 9:10 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kerwin Clark's biggest career win initially left him tearful, reflective and eventually grateful.
- Ashley Judd to narrate NBC Kentucky Derby open Updated: May-01-15 7:37 pm
NEW YORK - Ashley Judd is big on Kentucky sporting events. She cheered on the Kentucky Wildcats during March Madness, and now she'll voice the opening of NBC's Kentucky Derby on Saturday.
- Seersucker combos: For men, they are a Kentucky Derby must Updated: May-01-15 5:24 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Only a confident man would wear a loud blue or pink seersucker suit in public, unfazed about what people may think.
- El Kabeir scratched from Kentucky Derby; field now 19 Updated: May-01-15 5:18 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - El Kabeir has been scratched from the Kentucky Derby after missing a morning gallop due to a bruised left front foot.
- Churchill's backside takes care of horses and old horsemen Updated: May-01-15 10:05 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The white-haired horseman still sleeps above the stable.
- Jockey Alex Solis appointed to California Horse Racing Board Updated: Apr-30-15 8:06 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Jockey Alex Solis has been appointed to the California Horse Racing Board, replacing actress Bo Derek, who resigned after serving nearly seven years.
- Carla Gaines aims to become 1st Derby-winning woman trainer Updated: Apr-30-15 6:06 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - For its first 40 years, the Kentucky Derby wasn't the race it is now.
- Stellar Wind leads strong field in $1 million Kentucky Oaks Updated: Apr-30-15 5:24 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Stellar Wind will be looking for a fourth straight victory when the 7-2 favorite takes on 13 rivals in Friday's $1 million Kentucky Oaks, the top 3-year-old race for fillies run the day before the Kentucky Derby.
- Keen Ice's Iowa stable tries again for Kentucky Derby win Updated: Apr-30-15 4:01 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A group of 22 Iowa investors that has had two third-place Kentucky Derby finishers and has a horse in the field for this weekend's race said Thursday its success can be attributed to buying only horses that fit a genetic formula developed by the group's president.