- Grandmother of US luger killed in car crash in NY Updated: Dec-10-13 8:52 am
- With 11 medals, US sliding teams had big weekend Updated: Dec-08-13 12:32 pm
- Geisenberger wins, Hamlin clinches Olympic spot Updated: Dec-07-13 10:44 pm
- Germans win doubles luge, team relay Updated: Nov-24-13 9:36 am
- World Cup Luge Results Updated: Nov-23-13 10:09 am
- Obama nominates Luger as US attorney for Minn. Updated: Nov-21-13 6:25 pm
- Fischnaller wins luge opener in Lillehammer Updated: Nov-17-13 7:47 am
- Germany's Geisenberger wins World Cup opener Updated: Nov-16-13 10:32 am
- Pain-free and happy, Clukey ready for luge season Updated: Nov-15-13 4:12 pm
TRENTON, New York - The grandmother of U.S. Olympic Luge team member Erin Hamlin has been killed in a car crash in upstate New York.
For one weekend, Germany was not the dominant sliding nation in the world. Neither was Canada, Italy, Russia nor any other country with a penchant for getting down ice-covered mountainside chutes with blazing speed.
WHISTLER, British Columbia - Germany's Natalie Geisenberger kept her unbeaten World Cup luge season going Saturday night, and Erin Hamlin of the U.S. wrapped up a trip to the Sochi Olympics with a fifth-place finish.
IGLS, Austria - Toni Eggert and Sascha Benecken edged fellow Germans Tobias Wendl and Tobias Arlt on Sunday to win a World Cup luge doubles race.
1. Felix Loch, Germany, 1:40.878 (50.495-50.383).
MINNEAPOLIS - President Barack Obama has nominated Andy Luger to be the next U.S. attorney for Minnesota.
LILLEHAMMER, Norway - Italy's Dominik Fischnaller posted the fastest time in both runs Sunday to win the World Cup luge season-opener, his first victory on the circuit.
LILLEHAMMER, Norway - If anyone is going to beat the German women in a World Cup luge race, two perfect runs are pretty much required.
For Julia Clukey, the last Olympic season was unforgettable, for both the best and worst kind of reasons.