- Slipper to lead Australia in rugby test vs United States Updated: Sep-03-15 12:55 am
SYDNEY - James Slipper will fill in as captain for Stephen Moore in Australia's rugby union test against the United States in Chicago this weekend, becoming the first prop to lead the Wallabies in almost four decades.
- Tomsula: LB Brooks won't return to 49ers practice this week Updated: Aug-30-15 8:00 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks will not practice this coming week with the San Francisco 49ers, who sent him away from the team after he was charged with misdemeanor sexual battery Wednesday.
- Movement to curtail concussions and make sports safer Updated: Aug-28-15 4:49 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - When an athlete breaks a bone, sprains a joint or tears a ligament, the damage is easily identified by bruising, swelling and obvious pain.
- Wallabies to train at University of Notre Dame Updated: Aug-25-15 8:38 pm
SYDNEY - Australia will use the University of Notre Dame as a training base ahead of the Rugby World Cup.
- Ex-college basketball player to make history Down Under Updated: Aug-21-15 2:12 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Jason Holmes will make a bit of American sporting history this weekend, when he becomes the first U.S. born-and-raised player to compete at the top level of Australian rules football.
- Former rugby league star Hayne continues to make NFL strides Updated: Aug-20-15 10:29 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jarryd Hayne certainly had no intention of inducing a collective laugh when it came to his thoughts on the fair catch in football.
- Hayne makes big impression in first NFL action for 49ers Updated: Aug-16-15 6:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Even a day later, hype surrounded Jarryd Hayne's impressive first NFL action for the San Francisco 49ers.
- Rugby man pleads guilty to assault on federal officer Updated: Aug-15-15 11:29 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A North Dakota man has pleaded guilty to an assault that injured a Bureau of Indian Affairs officer.
- Rugby man pleads guilty to beating brother with baseball bat Updated: Aug-14-15 6:58 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A North Dakota man has pleaded guilty to attacking his brother with a baseball bat.
- UKAD to run anti-doping program at Rugby World Cup Updated: Aug-12-15 7:36 am
LONDON - The UK Anti-Doping agency (UKAD) will be in charge of collecting blood and urine samples from the 20 teams at the Rugby World Cup, which starts Sept. 18.