- Maine college rugby player indicted on sex assault charge Updated: May-24-15 12:19 pm
FARMINGTON, Maine - A Maine grand jury has indicted a University of Maine at Farmington senior on a felony sex assault charge.
- Penn State eyes college rugby 7s national title this weekend Updated: May-22-15 7:35 pm
DENVER - Caution: "Human Sledgehammer" at work. Big hits about to happen.
- Healthy LB NaVorro Bowman training at 49ers rookie minicamp Updated: May-15-15 8:51 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - NaVorro Bowman walked off the practice field after working out with the rookies and gave a thumbs up and a smile.
- Ireland to host 2017 Women's Rugby World Cup Updated: May-13-15 10:41 am
DUBLIN - Ireland's hopes of hosting the Rugby World Cup for the first time in 2023 were boosted on Wednesday when it received the 2017 women's tournament.
- US to host Wallabies in RWC warmup in Chicago on Sept. 5 Updated: May-12-15 12:33 pm
CHICAGO - The Wallabies have agreed to play the United States in a last hit-out before the Rugby World Cup in September.
- WADA to appeal decision in Essendon supplements case Updated: May-11-15 11:54 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The World Anti-Doping Agency is set to appeal against the Australian Football League anti-doping tribunal's findings in the Essendon supplements case.
- Fiji, New Zealand, South Africa qualify for Rio Olympics Updated: May-11-15 12:13 pm
GLASGOW, Scotland - Fiji, New Zealand and South Africa are the first nations to qualify for the Olympic debut of men's rugby sevens at next summer's Games in Rio.
- Study reveals gay discrimination in sports Updated: May-09-15 8:56 pm
SYDNEY - One in four gay men said they had received verbal threats of harm or had been bullied while participating in sports, and around 80 percent of people said they had witnessed such discrimination, according to a survey of 9,500 respondents.
- Feminist group accuses college of failing to act on threats Updated: May-07-15 2:49 pm
FREDERICKSBURG, Virginia - A feminist group on the campus of the University of Mary Washington accuses the school of failing to act on sexual and violent cyberthreats made against its members, according to a complaint filed Thursday.
- Youth football and rugby to get together Updated: May-06-15 8:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Football and rugby are getting together to promote player safety.
- Kiwi rugby league player retires with concussion symptoms Updated: Apr-29-15 5:59 pm
ST. HELENS, England - Former New Zealand international Lance Hohaia says he is quitting rugby league because of "recurrent post-match concussion-type symptoms," more than six months after being knocked unconscious by an opponent's punch.
- Former Australian rugby star Hayne finding way with 49ers Updated: Apr-29-15 5:43 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jarryd Hayne has found himself discussing snakes, kangaroos and koalas - all things Aussie - in the middle of San Francisco's locker room right along with the routes and responsibilities from his daunting new NFL playbook.