- Carlos Hyde out; Shaun Draughn to start in Seattle Updated: Nov-20-15 7:54 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco running back Carlos Hyde will miss his third game with a stress fracture in his left foot, 49ers coach Jim Tomsula said Friday, days after suggesting he might be available.
- England hires Eddie Jones as its 1st overseas rugby coach Updated: Nov-20-15 9:25 am
England turned to the man who masterminded arguably the biggest upset in rugby history to revive its national team on Friday, hiring Eddie Jones on a four-year deal as the country's first foreign-born coach.
- All Blacks captain McCaw confirms his retirement from rugby Updated: Nov-19-15 6:08 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - All Blacks captain Richie McCaw made it official: He's retiring from all rugby after a record 148 test matches across a 15-year international career capped with back-to-back World Cup titles.
- Rugby world mourns death of Lomu, the game's 1st superstar Updated: Nov-18-15 7:04 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The worshippers gathered at the Lotofale'ia Mangere Tongan Church in the South Auckland suburb where Jonah Lomu was raised grieved for the man who put their community on the international map as he strode or barged his way to becoming the first genuinely global super star of rugby.
- South Africa rugby star Habana aiming to play at Olympics Updated: Nov-04-15 6:30 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - South African rugby great Bryan Habana is in contention to play at the Olympics after being included Wednesday in the national sevens squad for the 2015-16 season.
- AP's composite team of the Rugby World Cup Updated: Nov-01-15 5:58 pm
LONDON - Imagine having Rugby World Cup stars Dan Carter, David Pocock, Fourie du Preez and Mamuka Gorgodze in the same side.
- All Blacks have succession plan to replace old guard Updated: Nov-01-15 5:16 pm
LONDON - Players come and go, and yet the All Blacks keep winning.
- Richie McCaw earns a rest after 2nd Rugby World Cup title Updated: Oct-31-15 6:31 pm
New Zealand has done its best to lavish honors on Richie McCaw in recognition of one of the greatest All Blacks careers, a contribution which likely ended with New Zealand's victory over Australia in the Rugby World Cup final on Saturday.
- Australia goes down fighting in Rugby World Cup final Updated: Oct-31-15 5:52 pm
LONDON - In a Rugby World Cup final few expected them to reach, the Wallabies produced a comeback that seemed improbable at halftime.
- After an early start, Kiwis celebrate a Rugby World Cup win Updated: Oct-31-15 4:43 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Bleary-eyed New Zealanders launched into raucous celebration on Sunday after watching the All Blacks beat Australia 34-17 to win back-to-back Rugby World Cups, dubbing their defeated rivals "Losstralia."
- New Zealand beats Australia 34-17, retains Rugby World Cup Updated: Oct-31-15 4:36 pm
LONDON - New Zealand capped one of the most dominant eras in rugby history by becoming the first team to retain the World Cup, repelling Australia's second-half resurgence in a 34-17 win sealed by the boot of unflappable Dan Carter on Saturday.
- The Latest: Dan Carter yelled at ball for drop goal Updated: Oct-31-15 2:19 pm
LONDON - The latest at the Rugby World Cup final between New Zealand and Australia (all times local):
- Springboks finish 3rd at Rugby World Cup Updated: Oct-30-15 7:51 pm
LONDON - South Africa finished third in the Rugby World Cup after subduing Argentina 24-13 on Friday in a consolation playoff that only the players will remember.
- Dan Carter, the All Blacks superhero to the end Updated: Oct-30-15 12:24 pm
LONDON - Dan Carter used to have a wardrobe full of superhero costumes. He and former All Black Ali Williams loved dressing up in them. "Sounds weird, I know," Carter said sheepishly on Friday.
- Mitchell reaping rewards of 'fat club' ahead of RWC final Updated: Oct-30-15 12:12 pm
LONDON - Two intense weeks of "fat club" at Australia's pre-tournament training camp in the United States have been the making of Drew Mitchell as the winger eyes a place in the records book in Saturday's Rugby World Cup final.
- The quips and put-downs of Welsh rugby referee Nigel Owens Updated: Oct-30-15 11:54 am
LONDON - They've racked up thousands of views on YouTube. They're emblazoned on the front of T-shirts. They've put some of the world's burliest sportsmen in their place.
- All Blacks pick 7 from 2011 final triumph for this RWC final Updated: Oct-29-15 10:57 am
BAGSHOT, England - New Zealand is counting on an advantage over Australia in the Rugby World Cup final from half of its side having played in the victory in the 2011 title match.
- World Rugby confident of originality of 2019 RWC logo design Updated: Oct-27-15 4:30 pm
LONDON - World Rugby performed "rigid and rigorous tests" to ensure the originality of the logo used for the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan, after Tokyo Olympic organizers scrapped their original emblem following allegations of plagiarism.
- English rugby Premiership match to be played in New York Updated: Oct-27-15 10:47 am
LONDON - With the NFL growing rapidly in the British market, English rugby is going to give it a go in New York.
- Pocock has battle scars to show for Wallabies RWC journey Updated: Oct-27-15 8:11 am
TEDDINGTON, England - With two black eyes, a swollen nose, a cut on his temple and taped-up fingers on his right hand, David Pocock has the battle scars to show for Australia's arduous path to the Rugby World Cup final.
- Pocock the biggest character in Australia's eclectic mix Updated: Oct-26-15 11:17 am
TEDDINGTON, England - The Australia squad heading into the Rugby World Cup final is an eclectic mix, described by coach Michael Cheika as "jokers, lovers, and fighters."
- Australia into Rugby World Cup final, posts 4 tries v Pumas Updated: Oct-25-15 5:24 pm
LONDON - With a resurgent Argentina piling pressure on, it took an incisive Drew Mitchell moment to regain control for Australia and set up a Rugby World Cup final against archrival New Zealand.
- Latest: No citings from NZ-South Africa semifinal at RWC Updated: Oct-25-15 3:39 pm
LONDON - The latest at the Rugby World Cup (all times local):