- Japan beats Samoa 26-5 to keep RWC quarterfinal hopes alive Updated: Oct-03-15 3:57 pm
MILTON KEYNES, England - Japan kept alive its chances of reaching the Rugby World Cup quarterfinals with a comprehensive 26-5 win against Samoa in their Pool B match on Saturday.
- Springboks' power sets up 34-16 win over Scotland at RWC Updated: Oct-03-15 3:56 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - It seems the loss to Japan was just a blip for the Springboks, after all.
- New Zealand beats Georgia 43-10, advances at Rugby World Cup Updated: Oct-02-15 6:06 pm
CARDIFF, Wales - New Zealand ran in seven tries, dispatched Georgia 43-10 for a third straight pool win, and became the first team to qualify for the quarterfinals of the Rugby World Cup.
- Double treat for Aussie sports fans: AFL, NRL grand finals Updated: Sep-30-15 10:00 pm
Sports fans Down Under have two major reasons to be looking forward to this weekend - the championship matches in both Australian rules football and the National Rugby League.
- Scotland recovers to beat US 39-16 at Rugby World Cup Updated: Sep-27-15 1:13 pm
LEEDS, England - The Scots are saving their best for the second half at this Rugby World Cup.
- 2 Australian rugby players hospitalized after drug overdose Updated: Sep-22-15 4:19 am
SYDNEY - Two players in Australia's National Rugby League were hospitalized early Tuesday following an overdose of pain-killing medication.
- US rugby coach hopes Japan will tire Scotland out Updated: Sep-20-15 3:51 pm
BRIGHTON, England - United States coach Mike Tolkin is hoping Japan's shock victory against South Africa at the Rugby World Cup will end up helping the chances of another team - his own.
- Nanai-Williams stars as Samoa beats US 25-16 at RWC Updated: Sep-20-15 9:25 am
BRIGHTON, England - Fullback Tim Nanai-Williams scored his first try for Samoa as they beat the United States 25-16 in their bruising Rugby World Cup Pool B opener on Sunday.
- Japan beats South Africa in biggest shock in RWC history Updated: Sep-19-15 9:44 pm
BRIGHTON, England - Japan turned its first matchup with mighty South Africa into the biggest shock in Rugby World Cup history on Saturday when the 1,000-1 no-hopers won 34-32.
- Jarryd Hayne calls fumbled punt disappointing in NFL debut Updated: Sep-15-15 4:40 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Jarryd Hayne recalls his forgettable debut in what is often considered the pinnacle of rugby league and a premier sporting event back home in Australia, the State of Origin series.
- Thomas retires from all rugby after epilepsy diagnosis Updated: Sep-15-15 6:18 am
WORCESTER, England - Worcester Rugby Club says ex-Wales international forward Jonathan Thomas has retired after being diagnosed with epilepsy "thought to be from multiple head traumas."
- Former Australian rugby leaguer Hayne active for opener Updated: Sep-14-15 9:10 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Former Australian Rugby League star Jarryd Hayne is active for San Francisco's season opener against Minnesota, putting the rookie return man is position to make his NFL debut.
- 6-point try among new rugby laws being trialed Updated: Sep-11-15 8:16 am
LONDON - Six-point tries and two-point penalties and dropped goals are being trialed in Wales and Australia under World Rugby's auspices as part of proposed law changes to make the game safer and more enjoyable.
- Eagles aiming to reach knockout rounds at Rugby World Cup Updated: Sep-10-15 9:53 pm
As Mike Tolkin prepared his U.S. Eagles for their last warm-up match for the Rugby World Cup, he spoke about the visit by Australia as being the second shot of a one-two punch.
- Sergio Parisse a doubt for Rugby World Cup with bruised leg Updated: Sep-08-15 10:16 am
ROME - The Rugby World Cup status of Italy captain Sergio Parisse is uncertain after the No. 8 had fluid drained from his bruised left leg.
- Australia scores 47-10 win over US Eagles Updated: Sep-05-15 10:41 pm
CHICAGO - An experimental Australian side scored five second-half tries to pull away from a determined U.S. Eagles team and beat the Americans 47-10 in a rugby union international at Soldier Field on Saturday.
- It's official and Australia loves it: Hayne makes 49ers Updated: Sep-05-15 7:59 pm
BRISBANE, Australia - The Jarryd Hayne bandwagon Down Under just got a little more crowded.
- Australia scrumhalf says Wallabies won't underestimate US Updated: Sep-03-15 9:44 pm
CHICAGO - Australia scrumhalf Nick Phipps won't be underestimating the United States in a Rugby World Cup warm-up match Saturday at Soldier Field.
- Australian Rugby, Notre Dame to exchange training data Updated: Sep-03-15 7:58 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - GPS helped the Australian Rugby Union team get to Notre Dame - and it has nothing to do with the Wallabies having difficulty finding the Golden Dome.