- US sailors Scutt, Henken qualify for Rio Games in 49erFX Updated: Feb-12-16 11:10 pm
CLEARWATER, Florida - Paris Henken of Coronado, California, and Helena Scutt of Kirkland, Washington, qualified for the U.S. Olympic sailing team in the 49erFX, the women's double-handed skiff.
- Ex-Indiana Gov. Whitcomb recalled as someone who 'lived big' Updated: Feb-12-16 5:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indiana Gov. Edgar Whitcomb was remembered Friday as a patriot and a hero during a Statehouse memorial service that recalled his service during World War II and his escape from a Japanese prisoner camp as much as his time as the state's top executive.
- Inspired by Cape Horn rounding, US duo aims at next VOR Updated: Feb-12-16 4:19 pm
SAN DIEGO - With the wind - and their competitors - at their backs, Charlie Enright and Mark Towill rounded Cape Horn and allowed themselves a few seconds to savor the accomplishment.
- No thaw needed: Winter grants Vermont sailors an early start Updated: Feb-11-16 2:35 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The University of Vermont sailing team usually has to wait for the ice to thaw on Lake Champlain in March before getting their boats into the water, cutting into an already tight window for practice.
- 97-year-old Grass Lake man keeps on sailing Updated: Feb-09-16 11:47 am
GRASS LAKE, Michigan - For decades, Mel Nichols traveled across the country to sail competitively.
- Sailor rescued by Maine students plans to sail around world Updated: Feb-05-16 4:01 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A novelist who lost his 30-foot sailboat on an Atlantic crossing is ready to set sail again.
- Quantam Racing crew wins IRC 1 class in Key West Updated: Jan-22-16 2:47 pm
KEY WEST, Florida - Amway President Doug DeVos and his Quantam Racing crew have won the IRC 1 class at the Key West Race Week sailing regatta off the Florida Keys.
- Farr Yacht Design releases 3D renderings of Super 12 yachts Updated: Jan-19-16 8:01 pm
SAN DIEGO - Farr Yacht Design has released the first 3D renderings of the new Super 12 yachts that will be sailed in the San Francisco Yacht Racing Challenge beginning in July 2017 on San Francisco Bay.