- Americans find ways to visit Cuba despite tourism ban Updated: May-26-15 12:07 am
HAVANA - "Is travel to Cuba for tourist activities permitted? No." That's what the U.S. Treasury Department website says. And yet Havana is loaded with Americans, from the Floridita bar, where they pose for photos with a bust of Ernest Hemingway, to the Rum Museum, where they swig rum samples after trudging through dim displays of old casks.
- Barker named skipper, CEO of Japanese America's Cup team Updated: May-20-15 10:41 pm
Former Emirates Team New Zealand skipper Dean Barker has been named skipper and CEO of America's Cup challenger SoftBank Team Japan.
- US and Cuban sailors in friendly race amid warming relations Updated: May-19-15 4:20 pm
HAVANA - Competitive sailors from the U.S. and Cuba have been showing off their skills in Havana Bay as the two countries work on restoring diplomatic relations after decades of hostility.
- Sailing teams depart Newport, start 7th leg of global race Updated: May-17-15 4:22 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The competitors in the Volvo Ocean Race have departed Newport heading for Lisbon, Portugal.
- Sailboat race is latest sign of better US-Cuba relations Updated: May-16-15 9:38 pm
HAVANA - U.S. sailors raced across the Florida Straits to Cuba on Saturday in a regatta propelled by strong winds and an easing of tensions between the two countries.
- Newport history, beauty propel sailors in global ocean race Updated: May-10-15 12:01 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - This City by the Sea is riding a wave of excitement harkening to its heyday as an international sailing mecca as it hosts this year's only North American stopover on the Volvo Ocean Race.
- Volvo race village in Newport open for first weekend Updated: May-09-15 2:03 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The race village for the international Volvo Ocean Race is open to the public this weekend at Fort Adams State Park in Newport.
- Ex-cup executive planning 12-meter regatta in San Francisco Updated: May-07-15 3:11 pm
SAN DIEGO - A former America's Cup executive is launching a new international regatta, the Golden Gate Yacht Racing Challenge, which will be sailed annually on San Francisco Bay beginning in July 2017 in an updated version of the venerable 12-meter class.
- Race village for Volvo sailing event opens in Newport Updated: May-05-15 7:31 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The race village for the Volvo Ocean Race stopover in Newport has opened, kicking off a 12-day celebration of the offshore sailing event.
- Rare all-female team perseveres in Volvo Ocean Race Updated: May-03-15 12:07 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The first all-female team in the Volvo Ocean Race in over a decade, Team SCA is determined to break barriers in a male-dominated sport - and in what is widely considered the world's most prestigious offshore sailing event.
- Japan's Kansai Yacht Club to compete in America's Cup Updated: Apr-30-15 1:30 am
TOKYO - Japan's Kansai Yacht Club has announced its challenge for the 2017 America's Cup.