- Fatkulina wins sprint at speedskating World Cup Updated: Dec-07-13 5:46 pm
- Asada wins GP Final despite triple axel problems Updated: Dec-07-13 8:00 am
- White knows he's man to beat - again - in Sochi Updated: Dec-07-13 12:04 am
- American Joey Mantia earns 1st World Cup victory Updated: Dec-06-13 5:16 pm
- Legends hope to get skating back into spotlight Updated: Dec-03-13 3:33 am
- Australian team naming delayed by CAS appeal Updated: Dec-03-13 12:37 am
- Takahashi pulls out of GP Final with leg injury Updated: Nov-28-13 5:11 am
- Lipnitskaia scrapes out Rostelecom Cup win Updated: Nov-23-13 7:59 am
- Chan eyes Olympic gold after Trophee Bompard win Updated: Nov-16-13 4:56 pm
- Chan thrills crowd in winning 4th Trophee Bompard Updated: Nov-16-13 12:00 pm
- Estonia stops Russian figure skater's Sochi hopes Updated: Nov-14-13 1:09 pm
- Plushenko withdraws from Rostelecom Cup in Moscow Updated: Nov-13-13 8:40 am
- US speedskating finally heading in right direction Updated: Nov-12-13 6:17 pm
- American Tucker Fredricks wins 500 Updated: Nov-10-13 6:53 pm
- Canada's Hamelin wins at short track World Cup Updated: Nov-10-13 4:45 pm
- White and Davis win ice dance at NHK Trophy Updated: Nov-10-13 12:27 am
- South Korea's Lee, Dutch men break records Updated: Nov-09-13 7:45 pm
- Asada takes lead after short program at NHK Trophy Updated: Nov-08-13 7:12 am
BERLIN - Olga Fatkulina of Russia took advantage of Olympic champion Lee Sang-hwa's absence to win her first World Cup speedskating sprint of the season on Saturday.
FUKUOKA, Japan - Japanese skater Mao Asada won the Grand Prix Final on Saturday despite failing to land two triple axels early in her free program.
With two Olympic gold medals, more than a dozen titles at the X Games - Winter and Summer - and crossover appeal that makes sponsors drool, Shaun White knows everyone will be coming after him in Sochi.
BERLIN - American Joey Mantia, a former inline champion, earned his first World Cup victory Friday, winning the 1,500 meters in 1 minute, 45.80 seconds.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Brian Boitano has never spent time with Max Aaron, and he's looking forward to it as much as Aaron is.
SYDNEY - The naming of Australia's women's Olympic figure skating team has been delayed after Sochi hopeful Chantelle Kerry took a dispute over the selection of fellow prospect Brooklee Han to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
TOKYO - Japanese skater Daisuke Takahashi has withdrawn from next week's Grand Prix Final because of a leg injury.
MOSCOW - Julia Lipnitskaia fell on her opening jump and put on what she called one of her biggest disappointments, but the 15-year-old Russian prodigy still edged out Carolina Kostner on Saturday by less than a point to win the Rostelecom Cup, the last of the season's six preliminary Grand Prix events.
PARIS - Patrick Chan knows the pressure on him will be intense at the Sochi Olympics after breaking three of his own world records on the way to his fourth victory at the Trophee Bompard.
PARIS - Three-time world champion Patrick Chan left the ice to a deafening standing ovation after another near-faultless performance in the free skate helped the Canadian win the Trophee Bompard for the fourth time on Saturday.
TALLINN, Estonia - Estonia's skating federation says the government has rejected Russian figure skater Alexander Zaboev's fast-track application for Estonian citizenship, meaning he won't be able to compete in the Sochi Olympics.
MOSCOW - Russian figure skater Evgeni Plushenko pulled out of next week's Rostelecom Cup in Moscow without elaborating.
After all the lawsuits and scandals and infighting, the American speedskating program is finally heading in the right direction.
CALGARY, Alberta - American Tucker Fredricks won the men's 500 meters Sunday in a World Cup speedskating event at the Olympic Oval, beating world and Olympic champion Mo Tae-bum of South Korea.
TURIN, Italy - Charles Hamelin won the 1,000-meter race and helped Canada capture the relay Sunday in short track World Cup speedskating. He finished the weekend with three gold medals.
CALGARY, Alberta - South Korea's Lee Sang-hwa broke her own world speedskating record in the 500 meters and the Netherlands bettered its own mark in the men's pursuit Saturday at the Olympic Oval.
TOKYO - Two-time world champion Mao Asada won the women's short program on Friday to take a big step toward winning her fourth NHK Trophy.