- Olympic skicross racer banned in doping rule case Updated: Jul-27-15 11:00 am
BERN, Switzerland - Two-time Olympic skicross racer Sanna Luedi of Switzerland has been banned from competing for one year after breaking anti-doping rules.
- Beijing faces Almaty in IOC vote for 2022 Winter Olympics Updated: Jul-26-15 9:22 am
The world's most populous nation against a new kid on the block. A global capital that hosted an Olympics just a few years ago against a city which many people may not be able to find on a map. A Chinese region with few big mountains and little natural snow against a former Soviet winter sports resort surrounded by towering peaks and plenty of real snow.
- Ski resorts, conservationists OK blueprint for Wasatch range Updated: Jul-14-15 3:59 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Ski resorts and conservationists have approved a wide-ranging blueprint for the future of the Wasatch Mountain range, though the deal doesn't address a contentious proposal to connect all seven area resorts to offer skiers a European-style experience.
- Sun Valley approved for 4 more Olympic training sites Updated: Jul-13-15 1:21 pm
SUN VALLEY, Idaho - The U.S. Olympic Committee has approved four new training sites in central Idaho.
- Skier Zettel retires year after winning Olympic bronze Updated: Jul-13-15 5:53 am
VIENNA - Former world champion Kathrin Zettel became the third prominent member of the Austrian women's ski team to retire in the offseason Monday, a year after she won bronze in the Olympic slalom in Sochi.
- Duerr avoids criminal charges after Sochi doping scandal Updated: Jul-09-15 12:42 pm
VIENNA - Prosecutors in Austria have dropped a criminal investigation into former cross-country skier Johannes Duerr, who was kicked out of the Sochi Olympics for doping.
- CAS explain how Vanessa-Mae cleared of Olympic ski race fix Updated: Jul-03-15 11:45 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Pop violinist Vanessa-Mae exploited weak International Ski Federation rules and got help from Alpine race officials "smitten" by her celebrity to qualify for the Sochi Olympics, according to sport's highest court.