- 5 NW athletes at Winter Paralympics at Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 4:02 pm
- Tesoro drops sponsorship of Arctic Man Classic Updated: Mar-07-14 2:21 pm
- Bardal wins WCup jump event, Stoch still in lead Updated: Mar-07-14 2:03 pm
- Fiva, Gjefsen win skicross World Cup races Updated: Mar-07-14 9:51 am
- Anna Fenninger win World Cup giant slalom Updated: Mar-06-14 12:33 pm
- Snowmobiler trapped by Colorado avalanche Updated: Mar-05-14 9:19 pm
- USSA Junior Nationals held in Vermont Updated: Mar-05-14 7:06 pm
- Parade in Lake Placid for Sochi Winter Olympians Updated: Mar-05-14 8:51 am
- Poland's Stoch retains ski jumping lead with win Updated: Mar-04-14 5:19 pm
- SE Indiana Olympian Goepper honored by lawmakers Updated: Mar-03-14 2:00 pm
- Squaw Valley to fete Reno-Tahoe Olympians March 21 Updated: Mar-02-14 5:51 pm
- Jansrud beats Keung to win men's WCup super-G race Updated: Mar-02-14 12:15 pm
- Fischbacher wins delayed women's downhill Updated: Mar-02-14 9:33 am
- Norway's Bjoergen and Sundby win World Cup races Updated: Mar-02-14 9:02 am
- Norwegian Dahl wins ski marathon in Sweden Updated: Mar-02-14 7:29 am
- Kingsbury wins dual moguls World Cup event Updated: Mar-02-14 3:41 am
- Rescuers find 2 skiers north of Missoula Updated: Mar-01-14 2:46 pm
- Canada's Guay wins downhill, Miller 8th in Norway Updated: Mar-01-14 10:01 am
- Freund wins ski jump, Prevc takes lead Updated: Feb-28-14 2:50 pm
- Rydzek wins WCup Nordic combined, Frenzel in lead Updated: Feb-28-14 12:23 pm
- Marolt stepping down from USSA post Monday Updated: Feb-28-14 12:19 pm
- Ganong gets 1st career podium, now he wants a win Updated: Feb-28-14 10:46 am
- Men's downhill training in Kvitfjell canceled Updated: Feb-27-14 9:48 am
- Injured Russian Olympic skier can't feel her legs Updated: Feb-26-14 11:10 am
- Ski jumper Iraschko-Stolz out after knee surgery Updated: Feb-26-14 7:57 am
SEATTLE - American and European politicians are boycotting the Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi to protest Russian moves in Ukraine. But disabled athletes from Washington, Oregon and Idaho plan to compete in the Olympic host city as scheduled starting this weekend.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The Arctic Man Ski and Sno-Go Classic has lost its major sponsor.
TRONDHEIM, Norway - Anders Bardal of Norway won Friday's ski jump event ahead of Austria's Andreas Kofler and Noriaki Kasai of Japan but Olympic champion Kamil Stoch of Poland kept his lead in the overall World Cup standings.
AROSA, Switzerland - Alex Fiva of Switzerland and Marte Hoeie Gjefsen of Norway won skicross World Cup events on Friday.
ARE, Sweden - Olympic silver medalist Anna Fenninger won a World Cup giant slalom race Thursday, and closed the gap on overall leader Maria Hoefl-Riesch.
CORTEZ, Colorado - Rescuers were searching for a snowmobiler who was buried by an avalanche in southwestern Colorado on Wednesday.
STOWE, Vermont - A week after the Winter Olympics came to a close, possible future Olympians from around the country are competing in the USSA Junior National Cross-Country Skiing Championships.
LAKE PLACID, New York - Two parades are scheduled this month in the Adirondacks to honor the New York region's athletes who competed at the Sochi Olympics, including medal winners Andrew Weibrecht and Erin Hamlin.
HELSINKI - Olympic champion Kamil Stoch of Poland won the ski jumping event at the Kuopio Ski Games on Tuesday to increase his lead in the overall World Cup standings.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers are honoring the perseverance and commitment of slopestyle skier Nick Goepper (GEP'-er).
RENO, Nevada - Squaw Valley is planning a special celebration at the Sierra ski resort March 21 to honor more than a dozen U.S. Olympians from the Reno-Lake Tahoe area who competed in the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, including three who brought home gold.
KVITFJELL, Norway - Olympic champion Kjetil Jansrud of Norway overcame tricky racing conditions on his favorite home course to win a World Cup super-G race on Sunday ahead of Switzerland's Patrick Kueng.
CRANS-MONTANA, Switzerland - Andrea Fischbacher of Austria was the surprise winner of the delayed women's downhill at Crans Montana on Sunday, claiming her first World Cup victory in four years.
LAHTI, Finland - Norway's triple Olympic gold medalist Marit Bjoergen and Olympic bronze medalist Martin Johnsrud Sundby dominated cross-country skiing World Cup races on Sunday.
MORA, Sweden - Norwegian John Kristian Dahl won the cross-country ski marathon Vasaloppet in Sweden after a dramatic sprint.
INAWASHIRO, Japan - Olympic silver medalist Mikael Kingsbury of Canada won a World Cup dual moguls event on Sunday.
MISSOULA, Montana - Two skiers who spent a night lost north of Missoula have been rescued.
KVITFJELL, Norway - It feels just like home for Canada's Erik Guay when he races in Norway.
HELSINKI - Severin Freund of Germany won the ski jumping event at the Lahti Ski Games on Friday, but Peter Prevc of Slovenia went into the lead in the overall standings.
HELSINKI - Johannes Rydzek of Germany won his first Nordic combined World Cup event Friday at the Lahti Ski Games, with Eric Frenzel maintaining his lead in the overall standings.
Bill Marolt will step down as president and CEO of the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association on Monday, to be replaced by former Alpine skier Tiger Shaw, who competed in the 1984 and 1988 Olympics.
KVITFJELL, Norway - With the World Cup season nearly over, Travis Ganong is just getting started.
RINGEBU, Norway - A men's World Cup downhill training session in Norwegian resort of Kvitfjell has been canceled because of low visibility.
MUNICH - Olympic skicross racer Maria Komissarova of Russia remains confident of walking again despite having no feeling in her legs.
INNSBRUCK, Austria - Olympic ski jumping silver medalist Daniela Iraschko-Stolz of Austria will miss the remainder of the World Cup season following knee surgery.