- Graabak comes back from 8th place to take World Cup victory Updated: Feb-09-16 11:39 am
TRONDHEIM, Norway - Joergen Graabak of Norway overcame a deficit of more than a minute to win the Trondheim leg of the Nordic Combined World Cup on Tuesday.
- A Wyoming cowboy is snow master for the Pyeongchang Olympics Updated: Feb-09-16 7:00 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Cattle rancher Tom Johnston is a Wyoming cowboy gone global who's the master of snow for Alpine skiing events at the Pyeongchang Olympics.
- Slalom champion Shiffrin returns to racing next week Updated: Feb-08-16 4:17 pm
Two months ago, Mikaela Shiffrin was just hoping to be back on skis before the snow melted.
- Men's ski jump cancelled due to bad weather Updated: Feb-07-16 10:50 am
OSLO, Norway - The men's individual ski jump World Cup competition was cancelled on Sunday due to bad weather conditions.
- Johaug blitzes opposition to win World Cup cross-country Updated: Feb-07-16 8:58 am
OSLO, Norway - Norway's Therese Johaug blitzed the opposition to win the 30-kilometer cross-country World Cup meet on Sunday.
- Not a football fan or fan of teams playing? Go skiing Updated: Feb-07-16 8:55 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - If you're not a football fan or fan of the teams playing in this 50th Super Bowl, ski areas are vying for your attention.
- Lara Gut wins Super-G World Cup race, Vonn comes in 3rd Updated: Feb-07-16 8:36 am
GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - Lindsey Vonn is getting some competition for the overall World Cup title although she is still comfortably ahead.
- Janka wins super-G at 2018 Olympics test by large margin Updated: Feb-07-16 1:20 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Former overall World Cup champion Carlo Janka won the super-G test event for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics by a large margin Sunday, while several pre-race favorites failed to finish their runs.
- Cross-Country World Cup Results Updated: Feb-06-16 1:14 pm
1. Martin Johnsrud Sundby, Norway, 2 hours, 8 minutes, 41.9 seconds.
- Austrian police: 5 skiers killed in 'massive' avalanche Updated: Feb-06-16 12:40 pm
BERLIN - Five people were killed Saturday when a "massive" avalanche in the Austrian Alps struck skiers from the Czech Republic taking part in a freeriding camp, police said.
- Teenager Riiber secures 1st Nordic combined win Updated: Feb-06-16 11:35 am
OSLO, Norway - Norwegian teenager Jarl Magnus Riiber won his first Nordic combined World Cup on Saturday in front of his home crowd.
- Sundby dominates cross-country World Cup meet in Oslo Updated: Feb-06-16 10:07 am
OSLO - Martin Johnsrud Sundby of Norway extended his lead at the top of the cross-country World Cup standings with an impressive win in the 50-kilometer classical-style race on Saturday.
- Wind whisperer: US skier Nyman 3rd in Olympic downhill test Updated: Feb-06-16 9:23 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Steven Nyman couldn't have picked a better place to post his first podium result of the season: on the downhill course that will be used for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.
- Lindsey Vonn wins women's World Cup downhill Updated: Feb-06-16 9:12 am
GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - Lindsey Vonn is feeling very much at home in this southern German resort, on and off the hill.
- Sean Doherty carves out name for himself in biathlon Updated: Feb-05-16 10:03 pm
One of the most decorated young athletes in biathlon history isn't from Russia or Norway or even Germany.
- Town's 100th annual winter carnival opens, minus some snow Updated: Feb-05-16 8:47 pm
NEWPORT, New Hampshire - Residents of the small New Hampshire town of Newport are launching their 100th annual winter carnival with a tribute to its roots and a grudging acceptance that climate change can wreak havoc with the schedule of events.
- Holy trees spark debate on future of Olympic downhill course Updated: Feb-05-16 10:45 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - The long-term future of the downhill course for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics is coming under the spotlight this weekend at the Alpine skiing test event for the games.
- Montezemolo expresses sadness over Schumacher's health Updated: Feb-04-16 3:09 pm
MILAN - Former Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo expressed his sadness on Thursday at the condition of Michael Schumacher, two years after the former Formula One champion was seriously injured in a skiing accident.
- Weibrecht competes in Pyeongchang as wife goes into labor Updated: Feb-04-16 12:12 pm
JEONGSEON, South Korea - With his wife about to give birth back home in Lake Placid, New York, American skier Andrew Weibrecht felt conflicted about traveling to Asia to test the downhill and super-G course that will be used for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.
- Lindsey Vonn has complaints about downhill course Updated: Feb-04-16 8:22 am
GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN, Germany - Lindsey Vonn left the finish area with plenty of complaints about the state of the Kandahar course and thinking she still had the fastest time in Thursday's training for a World Cup downhill.
- 1930s-era newsreel highlights challenges of Michigan winter Updated: Feb-04-16 4:11 am
MARQUETTE, Michigan - After spending decades in a basement in the eastern Upper Peninsula, a 1930s-era newsreel from the Michigan State Highway Department has resurfaced to remind us of the challenges - and the fun - of winters past.
- 'No slow motion needed' on tame Pyeongchang downhill course Updated: Feb-04-16 3:45 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - No super-steep gradients, no rock-hard ice, no death-defying speeds.
- Jansrud leads downhill training at Pyeongchang test event Updated: Feb-04-16 12:20 am
JEONGSEON, South Korea - Kjetil Jansrud led the opening training session for a World Cup downhill on the course that will be used for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.
- Heart-pumping hideaway Updated: Feb-03-16 2:06 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - Tucked away deep in the woods east of Moran is one of Jackson Hole's niche resorts.
- Skiers injured after fall from cliff near Jackson resort Updated: Feb-02-16 12:34 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - Jackson Hole Mountain Resort officials say three skiers from California are recovering from minor to serious injuries after falling from a cliff just outside the southern resort boundary.