- Norway x-country star Bjorgen pregnant, skipping season Updated: Jun-23-15 9:00 am
OSLO, Norway - Norwegian cross-country queen Marit Bjorgen is expecting her first child in December and will not ski next season.
- Beijing says snow is no problem for 2022 Winter Olympic bid Updated: Jun-23-15 8:59 am
BEIJING - Beijing is driving home assurances that providing plenty of good quality snow for the skiing events won't be a problem if it wins the right to host the 2022 Winter Olympics.
- CAS clears violinist Vanessa-Mae in Olympic ski fixing case Updated: Jun-19-15 8:45 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Pop violinist Vanessa-Mae was cleared by sport's highest court Friday of allegations she helped fix Alpine skiing races so she could qualify for the Sochi Olympics.
- Austria ski officials, Fenninger resolve latest dispute Updated: Jun-18-15 1:19 pm
VIENNA - Overall World Cup champion Anna Fenninger remained in the national team after she agreed to abide by sponsorship regulations, the Austrian ski federation said on Thursday.
- Colorado ski visits drop slightly from last year's record Updated: Jun-12-15 8:53 am
DENVER - Colorado ski resorts saw slightly lower visitation this season than last, with most seeing less than 1 percent fewer visits in 2014-15 compared to 2013-14.
- IOC members: Almaty narrows gap in 2022 race with Beijing Updated: Jun-10-15 10:57 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Almaty managed to win the attention of IOC members. The next challenge is to win their votes.
- 2010 Olympic super-G champion Andrea Fischbacher retires Updated: Jun-10-15 6:30 am
VIENNA - Austrian skier Andrea Fischbacher is retiring, ending an 11-year career highlighted by winning Olympic super-G gold in 2010.
- Bach: FIFA must go through 'painful experience' to reform Updated: Jun-08-15 3:48 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Saying there is "no comparison" in the scale of the IOC's Salt Lake City scandal and FIFA's corruption crisis, IOC President Thomas Bach urged soccer's governing body to take the "painful" steps needed to clean itself up and restore credibility in the organization.
- IOC approves new events for 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang Updated: Jun-08-15 12:12 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC approved new events Monday in snowboarding, Alpine skiing, speedskating and curling for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- Former overall World Cup ski champion Nicole Hosp retires Updated: Jun-01-15 6:53 am
VIENNA - Austrian skier Nicole Hosp is retiring, less than four months after winning her 12th medal at a major championship.