- Redskins could play twice in London next season Updated: Nov-25-15 8:00 pm
LONDON - The Washington Redskins could become the first NFL team to play two games in London in one season - in consecutive weeks, no less.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City Updated: Nov-25-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his return to his first senior club with a goal as Paris Saint-Germain advanced to the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday while Juventus claimed top spot to qualify from Group D with a 1-0 win over Manchester City.
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League Updated: Nov-25-15 6:15 pm
MADRID - Antoine Griezmann scored a goal in each half as Atletico Madrid comfortably defeated Galatasaray 2-0 on Wednesday to advance to the knockout stage of the Champions League for the third straight season.
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV Updated: Nov-25-15 6:13 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's Champions League ambitions were plunged into doubt after a 0-0 home draw against PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday that highlighted the English team's attacking shortcomings under manager Louis van Gaal.
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage Updated: Nov-25-15 5:46 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus advanced to the knockout stages of the Champions League and moved above Manchester City into top spot in Group D, with a 1-0 win over the Premier League side on Wednesday.
- PSG routs Malmo 5-0, advances in Champions League Updated: Nov-25-15 5:33 pm
MALMO, Sweden - Angel Di Maria scored twice as Paris Saint-Germain crushed Malmo 5-0 on Wednesday and secured a spot in the knockout stage of the Champions League.
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League Updated: Nov-25-15 5:27 pm
MOENCHENGLADBACH, Germany - Lars Stindl scored twice as Borussia Moenchengladbach defeated Sevilla 4-2 on Wednesday to eliminate the visiting side from the Champions League and boost its own chances of playing in the Europa League.
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3 Updated: Nov-25-15 5:21 pm
LVIV, Ukraine - Cristiano Ronaldo scored two goals and set up two more as Real Madrid weathered a late Shakhtar Donetsk revival to win 4-3 in the Champions League on Wednesday.
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow Updated: Nov-25-15 5:02 pm
KHIMKI, Russia - Andre Schuerrle scored one goal and made the other as Wolfsburg beat CSKA Moscow 2-0 on Wednesday in the Champions League.
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana Updated: Nov-25-15 4:56 pm
ASTANA, Kazakhstan - Raul Jimenez scored twice to haul Benfica back from two goals down and earn a 2-2 draw with FC Astana in the Champions League on Wednesday.
- Lead architect picked for pro soccer stadium in St. Paul Updated: Nov-25-15 4:46 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A design firm specializing in sports arenas has been selected as the lead architect for the new professional soccer stadium in St. Paul.
- 6 Europa League clubs face UEFA sanctions for late payments Updated: Nov-25-15 4:33 pm
NYON, Switzerland - Europa League runner-up Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk is among six clubs facing UEFA sanctions for late payments under Financial Fair Play rules.
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving Updated: Nov-25-15 4:27 pm
MADRID - It's a good time to be a Barcelona fan. Not so much a Real Madrid one.
- The Latest: Paris hotel business hit hard by attacks Updated: Nov-25-15 4:15 pm
BRUSSELS - The latest on the attacks in Paris and security alert in Brussels. All times local:
- Chile FF president in Miami after resigning amid FIFA probe Updated: Nov-25-15 1:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The whereabouts of the former president of Chile's soccer federation has been solved.
- Premier League cancels Belgium tournament over terror alert Updated: Nov-25-15 12:51 pm
LONDON - The terror alert in Belgium has prompted the English Premier League to cancel a youth tournament in Belgium to commemorate the spontaneous World War I match between British and German soldiers during World War I.
- Dutch soccer club president quits after player deals leaked Updated: Nov-25-15 12:34 pm
ENSCHEDE, Netherlands - The president of Dutch soccer club FC Twente has resigned after leaked documents revealed a deal with outside investors for the transfer of players.
- AP Interview: Mere force won't defeat IS, says Jordan prince Updated: Nov-25-15 11:16 am
AMMAN, Jordan - Extremist Islamic ideologies pose a global challenge, but can't be eradicated by military force alone, a brother of Jordan's king said Wednesday.
- Suspected match-fixer Dan Tan released from Singapore jail Updated: Nov-25-15 8:39 am
SINGAPORE - A Singaporean man detained for more than two years under suspicion of being the mastermind behind a global soccer match-fixing syndicate was ordered to be released Wednesday by the country's highest court, which ruled he was being held unlawfully.
- Dynamo Kiev gets empty stadium order for racist fan attacks Updated: Nov-25-15 8:05 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA ordered Dynamo Kiev to play two home games in an empty stadium after racist attacks on fans at a Champions League match.
- Butler scores 22, Bulls beat Blazers in Rose's return Updated: Nov-25-15 2:15 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - This visit to Portland ended on a much happier note for Derrick Rose than the last.
- Arsenal's Champs League hopes alive with 3-0 win over Zagreb Updated: Nov-24-15 6:22 pm
LONDON - Arsenal received a Champions League lifeline courtesy of Alexis Sanchez's double and assistance from Bayern Munich on Tuesday.
- Chelsea beats Maccabi Tel Aviv 4-0 in Champions League Updated: Nov-24-15 6:19 pm
HAIFA, Israel - Chelsea remained in the hunt to advance from Champions League Group G in easing past 10-man Maccabi Tel Aviv 4-0 on Tuesday.
- Messi scores first goals after injury, Barca routs Roma 6-1 Updated: Nov-24-15 6:12 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi scored his first two goals after a two-month injury layoff and Luis Suarez netted a brace in a 6-1 rout of Roma on Tuesday as Barcelona advanced to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th consecutive season.
- Dzyuba powers Zenit to 2-0 over Valencia in Champs League Updated: Nov-24-15 5:29 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Zenit St. Petersburg secured top spot in Group H by beating Valencia 2-0 in the Champions League on Tuesday.