- Pochettino plans to extend Tottenham stay with new contract Updated: Apr-29-16 9:22 am
LONDON - Mauricio Pochettino plans to extend his Tottenham contract until 2021.
- Ronaldo and Benzema to miss match hoping to be fit for City Updated: Apr-29-16 7:54 am
MADRID - Real Madrid strikers Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema will miss Saturday's league match as they try to recover from injuries in time to face Manchester City in the return leg of their Champions League semifinal.
- FIFA appoints committee to take over Guinean federation Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 am
ZURICH - FIFA will appoint a normalization committee to take control of the Guinean soccer federation after what it called "internal wrangles" brought all competitions in the West African nation to a halt.
- Michel Platini arrives at CAS to fight 6-year ban by FIFA Updated: Apr-29-16 5:54 am
- Urawa maintain lead in J-League with 4-1 win over Nagoya Updated: Apr-29-16 4:32 am
SAITAMA, Japan - Urawa Reds held on to first place in the J-League by thrashing Nagoya Grampus 4-1 on Friday.
- Where have the multi-sport high school athletes gone? Updated: Apr-29-16 2:17 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Harrison Heffley played nearly every sport that caught his interest during junior high and high school, from his dominant trade of baseball to basketball, football and even golf.
- Liverpool suffers late loss to Villarreal in Europa League Updated: Apr-28-16 5:58 pm
MADRID - Liverpool conceded in injury time in losing to Villarreal 1-0 in the first leg of the Europa League semifinals on Thursday.
- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.
- Ex-soccer star Weah to run again for president of Liberia Updated: Apr-28-16 3:22 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - Former world footballer of the year George Weah will make a second bid to become president of Liberia when current leader Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's final term ends next year.
- Families of Hillsborough stadium victims sue British police Updated: Apr-28-16 1:00 pm
LONDON - Lawyers representing some of the families of 96 soccer fans crushed to death in a U.K. soccer stadium in 1989 have filed a civil suit against two British police forces, alleging misuse of power in office.
- Season over for Tottenham's Alli after receiving 3 match ban Updated: Apr-28-16 12:28 pm
LONDON - Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli's season is over after being banned for three matches for punching an opponent.
- Dortmund captain and defender Hummels wants Bayern move Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
DORTMUND, Germany - Borussia Dortmund captain and central defender Mats Hummels has asked to be released from his contract so that he can move to Bundesliga rival Bayern Munich next season.
- Agbonlahor quits as captain of relegated Aston Villa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:04 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Gabby Agbonlahor has quit as Aston Villa captain and apologized for his off-field conduct.
- APOEL earns 25th championship after 2-0 win over AEK Larnaca Updated: Apr-28-16 11:20 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - APOEL Nicosia won its 25th Cypriot league title on Thursday after beating AEK Larnaca 2-0.
- Bargain-buys, cast-offs driving Leicester's pursuit of title Updated: Apr-28-16 11:13 am
LEICESTER, England - They are the bargain-buys and cast-offs from bigger clubs now on the verge of becoming Premier League champions.
- From King Richard III to cheese: Leicester away from soccer Updated: Apr-28-16 11:12 am
LEICESTER, England - There's more to Leicester than its soccer team. Before Leicester staged its improbable bid to win the Premier League, the city in central England was better known for other reasons.
- Column: Where Leicester fits in sports' history of underdogs Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
PARIS - On the list of improbabilities, just behind hell freezing over and pigs taking to the air was Leicester winning the Premier League. That, at least, is how things seemed nine months ago, at the start of the most unlikely championship charge in English football history.
- Real Madrid says Benzema has hamstring injury Updated: Apr-28-16 10:45 am
MADRID - Real Madrid says Karim Benzema has a hamstring injury in his right leg and is doubtful for Wednesday's Champions League game against Manchester City.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.
- UEFA opens case against Sakho after failed doping test Updated: Apr-28-16 9:23 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Mamadou Sakho after the Liverpool defender failed a doping test.
- Goteborg apologizes over crowd trouble at abandoned match Updated: Apr-28-16 8:18 am
GOTEBORG, Sweden - Swedish club IFK Goteborg has apologized for crowd trouble that resulted in a league match against Malmo being abandoned after a firework landed next to a visiting player warming up on the sidelines and he responded angrily.
- Sticking to its plan, Atletico Madrid keeps surprising Updated: Apr-28-16 7:14 am
MADRID - It's getting harder and harder to bet against Atletico Madrid.
- Ten-man Vancouver hangs on to draw vs. Sporting Updated: Apr-28-16 2:37 am
- America wins back to back CONCACAF titles, beating Tigres Updated: Apr-28-16 2:03 am
MEXICO CITY - Osvaldo Martinez broke a tie on a penalty kick in the 86th minute and America beat Tigres 2-1 on Wednesday night for its second straight CONCACAF Champions League title and record seventh overall.
- 10-man Whitecaps hold on for 1-1 draw with Sporting KC Updated: Apr-28-16 12:45 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Vancouver's Christian Bolanos and Sporting Kansas City's Diego Rubio scored in the first half and the Whitecaps held on with only 10 men for a 1-1 tie Wednesday night.