- Impact beat Toronto FC 1-0 in 1st leg of Canadian semifinals Updated: May-06-15 9:59 pm
- FIFA candidate Van Praag seeks support in South Korea Updated: May-06-15 9:23 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - FIFA presidential candidate Michael van Praag has visited South Korea's football leaders seeking support for his challenge to Sepp Blatter.
- Cannavaro's first taste of Asian Champions League successful Updated: May-06-15 7:36 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Fabio Cannavaro's introductory period as head coach of Chinese powerhouse Guangzhou Evergrande is complete with the end of the group stage of the 2015 Asian Champions League.
- Talks break down over benefits for lab's security force Updated: May-06-15 7:22 pm
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - Talks between the security workers who protect Los Alamos National Laboratory and the subcontractor that employs them have broken down.
- Messi leads Barcelona over Bayern 3-0 in Champions semis Updated: May-06-15 6:51 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Pep Guardiola had seen Lionel Messi scoring spectacular goals after dazzling runs many times before. Only now, Messi was doing it against Guardiola's team.
- Brazil police seek charges for 19 in fatal overpass collapse Updated: May-06-15 4:59 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's investigative police say they're seeking homicide charges against 19 people in the deaths of a man and a woman caused by the collapse of unfinished overpass in the World Cup host city of Belo Horizonte.
- Messi nets 2, Barca beats Guardiola's Bayern 3-0 in CL semi Updated: May-06-15 4:48 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi scored two outstanding goals and set up Neymar to add another in injury time as Barcelona handed Bayern Munich and former coach Pep Guardiola a 3-0 defeat in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Wednesday.
- The Latest: Barcelona 0 Bayern 0 at half time Updated: May-06-15 3:42 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - 9:37 p.m.
- Spain's soccer federation suspends matches from May 16 Updated: May-06-15 3:33 pm
MADRID - Spain's soccer federation says it is suspending all league and cup matches from May 16 in protest at a proposed new law on the sale of television rights.
- Round 2 in Buenos Aires for River Plate vs. Boca Juniors Updated: May-06-15 3:12 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - It's time for Round 2 of River Plate vs. Boca Juniors, a bitter Buenos Aires rivalry that will be played out on Thursday at River's Monumental Stadium in the Copa Libertadores.
- FIFA hits back at German TV after arrests in Qatar Updated: May-06-15 2:38 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has heavily criticized its broadcasting partner in Germany for a documentary about World Cup hosts Russia and Qatar that was aired after a reporter revealed his filming crew had been arrested in Doha and had footage and personal data deleted.
- Forbes: Real Madrid most valuable for 3rd year in row Updated: May-06-15 12:39 pm
NEW YORK - Forbes estimates Real Madrid is the world's most valuable soccer team for the third straight year despite a 5 percent decrease to $3.26 billion.
- Kenya won't host Somalia over fears players won't go home Updated: May-06-15 12:38 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - An official with Kenya's football federation says it declined to host an Olympic qualifying game between Somalia and Rwanda over fears the Somali players would refuse to return home.
- Canada's star striker maintains focus despite attention Updated: May-06-15 11:38 am
Not a lot rattles Christine Sinclair. Not even the eyes of a nation.
- Empoli stays in Serie A with 1-0 win at Torino Updated: May-06-15 11:21 am
TURIN, Italy - A glaring own goal helped Empoli to a 1-0 win at Torino in Serie A on Wednesday, guaranteeing that the Tuscan side will avoid relegation.
- FIFA to host Israeli and Palestinian soccer leaders Updated: May-06-15 10:56 am
ZURICH - FIFA says it will host the leaders of the Israeli and Palestinian soccer federations within days, seeking an agreement before the governing body's congress this month.
- Police: College soccer player assaulted teammate over award Updated: May-06-15 10:01 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A University of Bridgeport women's soccer player has been charged with assaulting a teammate over what police say was a perceived snub at an awards ceremony.
- Swiss league player fined for red-card tackle Updated: May-06-15 6:00 am
LENZBURG, Switzerland - State prosecutors in Switzerland have fined football player Sandro Wieser 10,000 Swiss francs ($10,800) for injuring an opponent in a top-tier match.
- North Carolina middle school student dies after soccer game Updated: May-06-15 4:55 am
SANFORD, North Carolina - Officials say a North Carolina seventh-grader has died after suffering a medical emergency during a soccer match.
- Benni McCarthy robbed at gunpoint in SAfrica Updated: May-06-15 4:02 am
JOHANNESBURG - Former South Africa international and Champions League winner Benni McCarthy was robbed at gunpoint at a barber shop in South Africa.
- San Jose beats Houston 1-0 in Dominic Kinnear's return Updated: May-05-15 11:53 pm
- San Jose beats Houston 1-0 in Dominic Kinnear's return Updated: May-05-15 11:04 pm
- Sevilla hosts Fiorentina, Napoli vs Dnipro in Europa League Updated: May-05-15 8:18 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Titleholder Sevilla will look to start another home winning streak when it hosts Italian side Fiorentina in the Europa League semifinals on Thursday.
- Juventus tops Real Madrid 2-1 as Champions semifinals start Updated: May-05-15 6:39 pm
TURIN, Italy - Gianluigi Buffon could not bring himself to watch.
- Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-1 in 1st leg of CL semifinal Updated: May-05-15 6:11 pm
TURIN, Italy - Former Real Madrid forward Alvaro Morata came back to haunt his old club as he sent Juventus on its way to a 2-1 victory over the holders in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.