- FIFA concerned but confident about Brazil violence Updated: Apr-24-14 11:40 pm
- Protesters rally against FIFA president Blatter Updated: Apr-24-14 10:18 pm
- Minnesota United hosts FC Edmonton in home opener Updated: Apr-24-14 9:29 pm
- Brazil's Atletico Mineiro fires coach Autuori Updated: Apr-24-14 8:44 pm
- Benfica beats Juventus 2-1 in Europa League semis Updated: Apr-24-14 7:29 pm
- Sevilla takes 2-0 lead against Valencia in Europa Updated: Apr-24-14 6:15 pm
- Report: Ex-Barcelona coach Vilanova in hospital Updated: Apr-24-14 6:03 pm
- Benfica beats Juventus 2-1 in Europa League semis Updated: Apr-24-14 5:32 pm
- Fixer of Australian soccer games jailed Updated: Apr-24-14 5:27 pm
- Brazil's Scolari confirms 9 names for World Cup Updated: Apr-24-14 4:23 pm
- Chelsea midfielder Ramires banned for 4 matches Updated: Apr-24-14 1:48 pm
- Valcke: Brazilian cities must organize fanfests Updated: Apr-24-14 1:47 pm
- Schalke exec criticized over possible Kremlin trip Updated: Apr-24-14 1:24 pm
- Italy bids for Euro 2020 matches at Rome stadium Updated: Apr-24-14 12:50 pm
- Qatar, FIFA consider fewer 2022 World Cup stadiums Updated: Apr-24-14 12:33 pm
- 4,000 officers to police Greek Cup final Updated: Apr-24-14 11:24 am
- Arab-Israeli women break ground on pro soccer team Updated: Apr-24-14 9:54 am
- Miami Beach opposes Beckham's soccer stadium plan Updated: Apr-24-14 9:36 am
- Veteran striker Ivica Olic extends Wolfsburg stay Updated: Apr-24-14 9:05 am
- Atletico changes focus to Spanish title race Updated: Apr-24-14 8:15 am
- PSG could seal 2nd successive French league title Updated: Apr-24-14 7:45 am
- Platini: No Champs League bans in 1st FFP cases Updated: Apr-24-14 6:53 am
- Time running out for Bundesliga's bottom 3 Updated: Apr-24-14 6:47 am
- Juventus could clinch Serie A title Updated: Apr-24-14 6:17 am
- Benzema gives Real Madrid 1-0 win over Bayern Updated: Apr-24-14 12:09 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - FIFA is concerned about recent violence in Brazil less than two months before it hosts the World Cup but remains confident the country will stage "the biggest party on Earth," FIFA marketing director Thierry Weil said Thursday.
HONG KONG - A handful of protesters holding banners and placards demonstrated peacefully Thursday at an event with FIFA president Sepp Blatter to highlight the plight of migrant workers building stadiums in Qatar for the 2022 World Cup.
BLAINE, Minnesota - Minnesota United takes on FC Edmonton in its 2014 North American Soccer League home opener Saturday.
SAO PAULO - Defending Copa Libertadores champion Atletico Mineiro has fired coach Paulo Autuori after just 23 matches.
LISBON, Portugal - Substitute Lima scored in the 84th minute to give Benfica a 2-1 victory over Italy's Juventus in the first-leg of their Europa League semifinal Thursday night.
SEVILLE, Spain - Stephane Mbia and Carlos Bacca scored within four minutes of each other as Sevilla beat Valencia 2-0 in the first leg of an all-Spanish Europa League semifinal on Thursday.
BARCELONA, Spain - Spanish media is reporting former Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova is in hospital again because of a recurrence of the throat cancer he has been fighting for more than two years.
LISBON, Portugal - Substitute Lima scored six minutes from the end to give Benfica a 2-1 win over Juventus in the Europa League first-leg semifinals on Thursday.
MELBOURNE, Australia - A Malaysian man who organized an international match-fixing syndicate involving Australian soccer games in 2013 has been jailed for at least a year.
SAO PAULO - Coach Luis Felipe Scolari has confirmed nine players who will make Brazil's squad for the World Cup at home.
LONDON - Ramires will miss Chelsea's remaining matches in the English Premier League after being banned for four games for violent conduct.
SAO PAULO - All 12 host cities have "no choice" and "must" organize their own fanfest, was FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke's blunt warning to Brazil World Cup organizers on Thursday.
BERLIN - The chairman of the German soccer team Schalke is drawing criticism for suggesting his team would accept an invitation to Moscow from President Vladimir Putin. The Russian energy giant Gazprom is a team sponsor.
ROME - The Italian football federation is bidding with Rome's Stadio Olimpico to host matches during the 2020 European Championship.
DOHA, Qatar - Qatar World Cup organizers are discussing with FIFA whether to scrap plans to build four of its 12 stadiums for the 2022 tournament.
ATHENS, Greece - Police say they will ban mass gatherings in central Athens amid heavy security measures planned for Saturday's Greek Cup final between Panathinaikos and PAOK at the Olympic Stadium.
PETAH TIKVA, Israel - When the Israeli women's soccer team Hapoel Petah Tikva lost a number of its players to Israel's national team ahead of World Cup qualifiers, founder Rafi Subra made a decision that set the team apart from many of its rivals - he recruited from the Arab villages of northern Israel.
MIAMI BEACH, Florida - Building a Major League Soccer stadium at PortMiami would create a traffic nightmare, according to officials and residents in the neighboring city.
WOLFSBURG, Germany - Veteran Croatia striker Ivica Olic has extended his deal with Bundesliga side Wolfsburg to 2016.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid's attention will return to domestic affairs, as it looks to defend its lead at the top of La Liga, with the club closing in on its first league title in 18 years.
Paris Saint-Germain is looking to seal its second successive title at Sochaux on Sunday and could do so without kicking a ball if second-placed Monaco fails to beat relegated Ajaccio on Saturday.
PARIS - Clubs won't be excluded from next season's Champions League for breaking "Financial Fair Play" rules, according to UEFA President Michel Platini
BERLIN - Three rounds of games remain in the Bundesliga, increasing the pressure on the sides fighting to avoid the drop and those battling for European football next season. League champion Bayern Munich is preoccupied with overturning its narrow loss to Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinal, while time is running out for Eintracht Braunschweig, Nuremberg and Hamburger SV. Stuttgart, which took a big step toward survival last weekend, gets the 32nd round of games underway at Hannover on Friday. Here are five things to know:
ROME - Closing in on its third successive Serie A title, Juventus will be watching very closely when second-place Roma hosts an AC Milan squad that is on a five-match winning streak Friday.
MADRID - Real Madrid hopes a narrow home win put it in position to reach the Champions League final for the first time since 2002.