- Petr Cech: Arsenal matches my ambition to win trophies Updated: Jul-01-15 9:11 am
PRAGUE - Petr Cech said it was the hardest decision of his career to agree to end 11 successful years at Chelsea and transfer to English Premier League rival Arsenal.
- Ivory Coast names 5 candidates for new coach Updated: Jul-01-15 7:50 am
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast - Michel Dussuyer and Henry Kasperczak are on the Ivory Coast Football Federation's five-man shortlist for new coach of the African champion.
- Liverpool signs England defender Clyne from Southampton Updated: Jul-01-15 7:39 am
LIVERPOOL, England - England defender Nathaniel Clyne became the fourth player to join Liverpool from Southampton in the past year after signing for a reported fee of 12.5 million pounds ($19.7 million) on Wednesday.
- Ex-coach Scala leads group attempting to revive Parma Updated: Jul-01-15 7:39 am
PARMA, Italy - Former coach Nevio Scala is leading a group of investors applying to revive bankrupt club Parma in the fourth division.
- Monaco signs France U21 midfielder Bahlouli on 5-year deal Updated: Jul-01-15 6:53 am
MONACO - Monaco has signed France Under-21 attacking midfielder Fares Bahlouli from Lyon on a five-year contract.
- Blatter not traveling to Women's World Cup final in Canada Updated: Jul-01-15 6:47 am
MONTREAL - FIFA President Sepp Blatter will skip the Women's World Cup final in Canada, avoiding a visit to North America at a time when U.S. officials are pursuing a criminal investigation into the soccer's ruling body.
- Bayern Munich signs Brazil midielder Douglas Costa Updated: Jul-01-15 6:35 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich has signed Brazil midfielder Douglas Costa from Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk.
- France to host Germany in November friendly Updated: Jul-01-15 6:09 am
PARIS - France will host Germany in November in a friendly at the Stade de France as part of its preparations for the 2016 European Championship.
- Colombian striker Martinez moves to Atletico Madrid Updated: Jul-01-15 6:06 am
- Collision again raises issue of concussions in World Cup Updated: Jul-01-15 2:41 am
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid said forward Alexandra Popp did not have a concussion after banging heads with U.S. midfielder Morgan Brian in the first half of the women's World Cup semifinal.
- US prevails in 2-0 victory over top-ranked Germany Updated: Jul-01-15 2:26 am
MONTREAL - Julie Johnston thought she had blown it.
- Ruiz calls time, Phils can't recover in 4-3 loss to Brewers Updated: Jul-01-15 2:00 am
PHILADELPHIA - Looking back now, the Philadelphia Phillies probably would have been better off if catcher Carlos Ruiz never said a word.
- Ramirez, Braun lead Brewers to 4-3 win over Phillies Updated: Jul-01-15 1:08 am
PHILADELPHIA - The Brewers felt fortunate to win this one.
- Striker Robinho leaves Brazilian club to play in China Updated: Jul-01-15 12:48 am
SAO PAULO - Veteran Brazil striker Robinho said Tuesday that he is leaving Brazilian club Santos and will reportedly play in China for Guangzhou Evergrande, now coached by Luiz Felipe Scolari.
- Wanderers sign former Barcelona youth product Updated: Jul-01-15 12:15 am
SYDNEY - Western Sydney Wanderers have signed former Barcelona youth player Andreu Guerao Mayoral for the next A-League season.
- Argentina routs Paraguay 6-1, reaches Copa America final Updated: Jun-30-15 11:21 pm
CONCEPCION, Chile - Lionel Messi helped set up five goals as Argentina trounced Paraguay 6-1 in the Copa America semifinals on Tuesday, setting up a final against host Chile.
- US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd remembers putting the ball on its spot and shutting out the noise of more than 51,000 anxious fans.
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US Updated: Jun-30-15 10:42 pm
MONTREAL - Celia Sasic picked a bad time for Germany's first missed penalty kick in the Women's World Cup.
- California appeals court upholds conviction for teen killing Updated: Jun-30-15 8:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - A state appeals court has upheld the conviction of a Southern California man for shooting a 17-year-old boy after the teen answered a knock at his door.
- FIFA article draws criticism for referring to Morgan's looks Updated: Jun-30-15 8:21 pm
MONTREAL - Critics took aim at FIFA on social media Tuesday after FIFA.com referenced American forward Alex Morgan's looks in an article posted in advance of the United States' match against Germany in the semifinals of the Women's World Cup.
- Players bang heads in 1st half of US-Germany World Cup semi Updated: Jun-30-15 7:44 pm
MONTREAL - US midfielder Morgan Brian banged heads with German forward Alexandra Popp in the first half of the women's World Cup semifinal on Tuesday night.
- Sweden wins Under-21 title by beating Portugal in shootout Updated: Jun-30-15 6:05 pm
PRAGUE - Sweden beat Portugal 4-3 in a penalty shootout on Tuesday to win the European Under-21 Championship for the first time.
- Hernan Crespo appointed coach of Modena in Italy's Serie B Updated: Jun-30-15 4:57 pm
MODENA, Italy - Italian Serie B club Modena says it has appointed former Argentina striker Hernan Crespo as its new coach.
- Duke's Tomlinson, UVa's Brian voted ACC athletes of year Updated: Jun-30-15 3:48 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Duke football player Laken Tomlinson and Virginia women's soccer player Morgan Brian are the Atlantic Coast Conference's male and female athletes of the year.
- Leicester fires manager Nigel Pearson Updated: Jun-30-15 3:39 pm
Nigel Pearson was fired as manager of Leicester on Tuesday, less than six weeks after guiding the club to safety in one of the greatest relegation escapes in the 23-year history of the Premier League.