- Slow start, gradual improvement for US Internet gambling Updated: May-27-15 8:58 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Internet gambling is off to a slow start in the United States, with banks hesitant to handle credit card payments for online bets and some politicians and casino moguls pushing to ban it, but there remains potential for great growth, participants in a major gambling conference agreed Wednesday.
- S. Korean hoops coach suspected of manipulating games Updated: May-27-15 12:02 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean police plan to question a high-profile basketball coach over allegations that he manipulated games he coached to make money from gambling.
- Indianapolis bar owners challenge city's smoking ban Updated: May-19-15 3:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The owners of two Indianapolis bars who want to overturn the city's 2012 ban on smoking have pleaded their case before the Indiana Court of Appeals.
- Pence to let bills on casino moves, nursing homes become law Updated: May-08-15 6:29 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's riverboat casinos will be allowed to build new on-land facilities, and a three-year moratorium will be imposed on construction of most new nursing homes around the state, under bills that Gov. Mike Pence said Friday he'll let become law without his signature.
- Pence vetoes bill allowing online horse race wagering Updated: May-08-15 4:58 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence has vetoed a bill approved by state legislators that would allow electronic wagering on horse races.
- Kansas legislators approve bill legalizing fantasy sports Updated: May-08-15 12:05 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Fantasy sports would be declared a game of skill in Kansas so they wouldn't be illegal under a measure that won final legislative approval Thursday.
- Monmouth Park close to breaking even fiscally Updated: May-05-15 8:01 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Three years after taking over Monmouth Park, the operators of the New Jersey shore thoroughbred racetrack believe the facility either will break even this year or make a profit.
- FIFA ex-security chief says match-fixing a 'global crime' Updated: May-03-15 2:17 pm
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - Football is facing a "crisis of credibility with its fans" over match-fixing linked to an illegal betting industry that dwarfs the legitimate sports economy, FIFA's former security chief said Sunday.
- 3 plead guilty to running international sports betting ring Updated: May-01-15 9:17 pm
SAN DIEGO - Three men charged with running an illegal international sports gambling ring that made millions have pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy in San Diego.
- Richest fight ever is also a gold mine for Vegas bookies Updated: May-01-15 2:42 am
LAS VEGAS - Days before the fight, one Manny Pacquiao believer had already put $500,000 on his man in the MGM Grand sports book.