- Horse racing industry has declined since state got out of it Updated: Jul-31-15 3:19 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The horse racing industry's focus will be on New Jersey this weekend, as Triple Crown winner American Pharaoh runs in the $1.75 million Haskell Invitational at Monmouth Park.
- Upstart Corbyn made favorite in UK Labour leadership race Updated: Jul-29-15 12:34 pm
LONDON - One of Britain's biggest unions has backed left-wing contender Jeremy Corbyn to lead Britain's opposition Labour Party, and a major bookmaker has made the former outsider odds-on favorite to win the contest.
- Running mob-connected sports betting site leads to prison Updated: Jul-28-15 3:02 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A 78-year-old New Jersey who ran an illegal sports betting website connected to the Genovese organized crime family has been sentenced to prison.
- Company with Romo ties sues NFL over canceled fantasy event Updated: Jul-21-15 9:26 pm
DALLAS - A company partly owned by Tony Romo sued the NFL on Tuesday over a canceled fantasy football event in Las Vegas that was to involve the Dallas quarterback and other star players.
- NHL receives expansion bids from Las Vegas, Quebec City Updated: Jul-21-15 1:42 pm
Bill Foley has put his money down on an NHL expansion team in Las Vegas. And Quebec City is getting a second chance at being a pro hockey market.
- The Latest: Frazier feeling effects of Home Run Derby win Updated: Jul-14-15 5:53 pm
- Pete Rose still beloved in hometown despite scandals Updated: Jul-11-15 3:52 am
CINCINNATI - A photograph of the bat and ball from Pete Rose's record-setting 4,192nd hit has adorned the back of the enormous video board at Great American Ball Park for a dozen years, reminding everyone of one of the city's biggest sports moments.
- French handball star Karabatic fined over illegal betting Updated: Jul-10-15 10:29 am
PARIS - France's biggest handball star Nikola Karabatic and his brother have been ordered to pay thousands of euros in fines for involvement in illegal betting.
- Mickelson refuses to comment on money-laundering allegations Updated: Jul-08-15 6:54 pm
GULLANE, Scotland - Five-time major champion Phil Mickelson refused to comment on allegations linking him to an illegal gambling operation, saying Wednesday he is used to being an "object to be discussed."
- Dog track races in Dubuque see increase in wagering activity Updated: Jul-06-15 3:52 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - In its first year under new management, officials at Iowa Greyhound Park are pleased to see an increase in wagering activity since a new season began in mid-May at the facility.