- Tea party favorite bets Cruz, Trump coattails can beat Burr Updated: Feb-12-16 12:55 pm
CARY, North Carolina - Two years after his loss to a Republican favored by party leaders in Washington, Greg Brannon is betting the popularity of outsiders like Ted Cruz and Donald Trump can sweep him to a U.S. Senate primary upset win.
- Tennis corruption probe to take at least 1 year Updated: Feb-12-16 11:20 am
LONDON - The independent investigation into allegations of match-fixing and corruption in tennis will take at least a year, the sport's four governing bodies said Friday.
- Opponents: Hawaii fantasy sports bill could create loophole Updated: Feb-11-16 7:20 pm
HONOLULU - Opponents of a Hawaii bill that would outlaw fantasy sports in certain circumstances say it could instead create a loophole to legalize the contests.
- Nebraska gambling opponents launch anti-casino campaign Updated: Feb-11-16 4:57 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A coalition that has for years battled vigorously against allowing casinos in Nebraska will once again muster its resources to fight a ballot campaign to allow casinos at licensed horse racing tracks.
- Fantasy sports companies defend embattled industry Updated: Feb-11-16 1:49 pm
BOSTON - Daily fantasy sports companies say their industry remains viable despite a rocky start to 2016.
- 2 California tribes oppose plan to regulate fantasy sports Updated: Feb-10-16 9:04 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Two Native American tribes with lucrative gambling enterprises in California are opposing a Democratic lawmaker's plan to legalize fantasy sports betting.
- Record $132.5M bet on Super Bowl at Nevada sports books Updated: Feb-08-16 9:20 pm
So you thought the Panthers and Broncos would put up a lot more points in Super Bowl 50, that Carolina quarterback Cam Newton would score at least once and probably be named the game's most valuable player?
- The Latest: Broncos beat Panthers to win Super Bowl Updated: Feb-07-16 10:26 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The Latest on Super Bowl Sunday from AP reporters covering the game, the telecast, the commercials and fans around the world (All times local):
- Props rule the day for Super Bowl at Vegas sports books Updated: Feb-05-16 7:15 pm
Jay Kornegay still finds it painful to talk about the last time the Denver Broncos were in the Super Bowl and the first snap of the game went over Peyton Manning's head for a Seattle safety.
- DraftKings makes long delayed push into UK Updated: Feb-05-16 2:10 pm
BOSTON - As its industry continues to tangle with U.S. policymakers, daily fantasy sports giant DraftKings is making its long-anticipated international push with a launch Friday in the United Kingdom.
- Hawaii prosecutor to fantasy sports sites: Stop taking bets Updated: Feb-02-16 8:34 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu Prosecuting Attorney Keith Kaneshiro is demanding that the heads of two major fantasy sports sites stop taking bets from Honolulu residents.
- True or not, match-fixing reports overshadow Australian Open Updated: Jan-28-16 7:44 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The "Happy Slam" got off to a somber start when allegations of match-fixing in tennis overshadowed the opening day of play at the Australian Open.
- Hawaii bills would legalize fantasy sports sites, lottery Updated: Jan-28-16 7:14 pm
HONOLULU - Lawmakers in Hawaii want to make an exception to the state's gambling ban by legalizing fantasy sports contests.
- 2 men again convicted of sports betting ring charges Updated: Jan-27-16 6:55 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Two men have again been convicted of being part of a sports betting operation in Columbia.
- Tennis to review integrity unit to restore public confidence Updated: Jan-27-16 5:19 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Tennis leaders are taking steps at damage control as they grapple with allegations of match-fixing in recent media reports, which have cast a shadow over the first Grand Slam of the year and shaken confidence in the integrity of the sport.
- Oregon man files lawsuit against fantasy sports sites Updated: Jan-26-16 12:41 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon resident has filed a class-action lawsuit against two daily fantasy sports sites, claiming the businesses are operating illegal online sports betting.
- AP source: MLB clears Yu Darvish after brother's arrest Updated: Jan-25-16 10:46 pm
- Gambling foes protest effort to legalize fantasy sports Updated: Jan-25-16 6:40 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gambling opponents are fighting a bill that would allow fantasy sports websites to operate in Nebraska, even though the industry estimates that 300,000 people in the state are already playing.
- Republican introduces bill to legalize fantasy sports Updated: Jan-25-16 4:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Big-time online fantasy sports sites could operate legally in Wisconsin if their founders pay the state thousands of dollars in registration fees under a bill a Republican lawmaker introduced Monday.
- Idaho horsemen say instant racing fight not over Updated: Jan-24-16 12:12 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Rows of slot-like gambling machines sit in empty betting parlors at Idaho's horse racing tracks. Employees once in charge of serving cocktails to bettors are gone, leaving hundreds of others who work in the industry fearful that they'll be laid off too.
- Illinois AG seeks to dismiss DraftKings, FanDuel lawsuits Updated: Jan-22-16 8:39 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan is seeking to dismiss lawsuits brought by two daily fantasy sports sites that claim their contests are games of skill allowed by state law.
- Twitter erupts after Saudi cleric says chess is forbidden Updated: Jan-21-16 4:08 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A video clip of Saudi Arabia's top cleric saying that the game of chess is "forbidden" in Islam because it wastes time and leads to rivalry and enmity among people has provoked heated debate, and widespread criticism, among Arabic Twitter users.
- No need to wait until teams are decided to bet Super Bowl Updated: Jan-20-16 4:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - Let the betting begin.
- Reds retiring Rose's No. 14, inducting him into team HOF Updated: Jan-19-16 3:12 pm
CINCINNATI - Pete Rose is getting a hall of fame induction - in the Cincinnati Reds' team hall during a weekend of honors this summer in his hometown - that will include retiring his No. 14.
- Washington lawmakers aim to address illegal fantasy sports Updated: Jan-16-16 10:31 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Playing fantasy sports to win money in Washington is illegal.