- NY court hears arguments on fantasy sports Updated: Nov-25-15 4:39 pm
NEW YORK - A judge said Wednesday he would not take long to rule on a motion by New York's top law enforcement official to stop the country's two biggest daily fantasy sports companies from operating following two hours of arguments in a packed Manhattan courtroom.
- Ex-lawyer: Charged sports betting pro worked as informant Updated: Nov-25-15 3:23 pm
MILWAUKEE - A former lawyer for a Florida sports betting pro facing federal extortion charges in Wisconsin has claimed the man worked as an informant and helped in the seizure of $750 million from offshore bookies.
- Betting company to sponsor Davis Cup and Fed Cup tennis Updated: Nov-25-15 6:20 am
LONDON - A leading online betting company has become an international sponsor of the Davis Cup and Fed Cup tennis competitions.
- Senate committee discusses fantasy sports Updated: Nov-20-15 5:46 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - The variety of laws related to fantasy sports games in Washington state and across the country were discussed before a Senate committee in Washington state Friday, where lawmakers also discussed a bill that proposes legalizing casual, season-long fantasy leagues.
- Column: DraftKings, FanDuel wrong for now, but on right side Updated: Nov-20-15 4:54 pm
Say goodbye to all those annoying commercials.
- Massachusetts AG proposes tighter regs for fantasy sports Updated: Nov-19-15 2:24 pm
BOSTON - Daily fantasy sports companies like FanDuel and Boston-based DraftKings would be allowed to continue operating in Massachusetts, but with age and advertising restrictions, disclosure requirements and other new rules proposed Thursday by the state's attorney general.
- Fantasy sports lobbyist says games don't qualify as gambling Updated: Nov-18-15 8:09 pm
DEADWOOD, South Dakota - Speaking before state regulators in the historic gambling town of Deadwood on Wednesday, a representative of daily fantasy sports operators under scrutiny nationwide said the industry wants to make it clear: The contests don't constitute gambling under South Dakota law.
- The Latest: FBI agent: Defendant said he approved of crime Updated: Nov-18-15 3:40 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The latest from the trial of a man facing murder and racketeering charges in an organized crime case in San Francisco's Chinatown (all times are local):
- Editorials from around New York Updated: Nov-18-15 10:41 am
Recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New York's newspapers:
- 3 Yomiuri Giants pitchers banned for gambling on baseball Updated: Nov-10-15 6:09 am
TOKYO - Nippon Professional Baseball has banned three Yomiuri Giants pitchers indefinitely after they were found to have bet on baseball games.
- Skill or chance? New Jersey could influence fantasy sports Updated: Nov-09-15 2:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Making a case they hope will resonate with states across the nation, representatives of the fantasy sports industry told New Jersey lawmakers Monday that regulators should not treat them the same way as casinos because success in their industry relies more on skill than on chance.
- Christie says fantasy football doesn't count as gambling Updated: Nov-02-15 9:27 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Republican Gov. Chris Christie on Monday reiterated his position that fantasy football doesn't amount to gambling and shouldn't be regulated and said a team he runs with his son is doing really well.
- Season-long fantasy sports now a question in Nevada Updated: Oct-31-15 5:19 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada has already decided daily fantasy sports are gambling and that people can't put their dollars down on DraftKings and FanDuel until those sites obtain a license in the state.
- Harry Reid says daily fantasy sports can't police itself Updated: Oct-30-15 7:14 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Sen. Harry Reid is calling daily fantasy sports sites "unregulated, illegal gambling" and says in a statement that self-regulation the industry desires won't be enough.
- Christie: Regulating fantasy football a 'stupid idea' Updated: Oct-29-15 11:59 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says regulating fantasy football is "a stupid idea."
- Idaho governor calls for return of instant racing terminals Updated: Oct-28-15 5:48 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter says he wants to see lucrative betting machines known as instant horse racing terminals reinstated in Idaho, with tighter regulations.
- NYC grand jury indicts 17 people in NY, CA, NV gambling ring Updated: Oct-28-15 3:34 pm
NEW YORK - A Queens grand jury has indicted 17 people from New York, California and Nevada in connection with a sports gambling ring that authorities allege booked more than $32 million in bets a year.
- Democratic legislator wants Minnesota fantasy betting law Updated: Oct-26-15 10:38 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota lawmaker says his state should regulate the increasingly popular fantasy sports betting industry to prevent scams.