- Ethics Commission approves recusal by Raimondo staffer Updated: Apr-28-16 5:36 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Ethics Commission has OK'd a plan by the governor's chief of staff to isolate himself from any work involving the state's rules for online daily fantasy sports betting because his wife works for the industry.
- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.
- Meadows Casino fined for marketing to gambling addicts Updated: Apr-28-16 7:31 am
HOUSTON, Pennsylvania - The Meadows Racetrack and Casino in western Pennsylvania has been fined $40,000 for allowing two people who excluded themselves from gambling to make wagers anyway, and cited for mailing promotional materials to other problem gamblers.
- Column: Can Vegas win a longshot bet on the Raiders? Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - This is a town built on taking money from people, not giving it to them.
- Washington hires New Jersey consultants for gambling study Updated: Apr-25-16 9:22 am
TACOMA, Washington - A Washington state agency has hired New Jersey consultants to prepare an economic market study on gambling in the state.
- New Jersey's horse racing industry hopes for change in luck Updated: Apr-24-16 12:17 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - As Monmouth Park prepares to open its gates next month for a new season, New Jersey's horse racing industry continues to deal with sagging track attendance and betting numbers as the battle for entertainment dollars goes on.
- Tennis Integrity Unit says 48 betting alerts in 1st quarter Updated: Apr-22-16 2:04 pm
LONDON - World tennis' anti-corruption unit says it received alerts of unusual or suspicious betting on 48 matches between January and March, including one at the Australian Open.
- Pete Rose leads off induction ceremony for Bobblehead hall Updated: Apr-21-16 5:05 am
MILWAUKEE - Leading off for the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum: Pete Rose.
- Illinois weighs legalization of daily fantasy sports betting Updated: Apr-20-16 5:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois House gave its initial approval to a measure that would legalize betting on daily fantasy sports on Wednesday, but some lawmakers expressed concern about whether the bill has been properly vetted and its chances at full passage remain uncertain.
- House approves Fantasy Sports Tax Act Updated: Apr-19-16 4:18 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Legislature passed a bill that would make clear that fantasy sports betting is legal, but would also regulate it and put a tax on it.
- Looney says fantasy sports bill unlikely after AG's warning Updated: Apr-18-16 5:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Legislation authorizing fantasy sports appeared unlikely Monday to pass this year after the Connecticut attorney general said it could jeopardize the state's slot machine revenue-sharing agreement with two federally recognized Indian tribes.
- Welsh soccer authorities probing game for suspicious betting Updated: Apr-13-16 10:26 am
CARDIFF, Wales - The Football Association of Wales says it is investigating suspicious betting patterns on a game in the country's top division.
- Officials advance permit request to reopen Kansas racetrack Updated: Apr-12-16 4:14 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Local officials are recommending approval with multiple conditions for a request to allow a Kansas City, Kansas, business to reopen as a racetrack, electronic gambling venue and entertainment facility.
- Indianapolis smoking ban upheld by Indiana Supreme Court Updated: Apr-12-16 2:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis' smoking ban has been upheld by the Indiana Supreme Court.
- Measures to regulate fantasy sports in Maryland fail Updated: Apr-12-16 1:16 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Measures to regulate Internet fantasy sports betting in Maryland have failed in the state's legislature.
- Japanese badminton player Momota suspended, denied Rio spot Updated: Apr-10-16 4:37 am
TOKYO - Japanese badminton player Kento Momota has been given an indefinite suspension for gambling, denying him a spot on the team for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Missouri lawmakers weigh daily fantasy sports rules, taxes Updated: Apr-09-16 4:58 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri House members this week took action to be among the first states to pass laws protecting daily fantasy sports, a business that has fallen under national scrutiny by state lawmakers and attorneys general.
- Missouri House passes bill on rules for daily fantasy sports Updated: Apr-07-16 5:23 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Fantasy sports could continue in Missouri without facing gambling regulations under a bill advancing in the state Legislature.
- Illinois delays daily fantasy sports legislation Updated: Apr-06-16 12:39 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A measure to legalize daily fantasy sports betting in Illinois is being delayed as lawmakers continue working on crafting the proposal.
- Alabama AG: Paid online fantasy sports sites are illegal Updated: Apr-05-16 6:06 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's attorney general says online fantasy sports betting sites are illegal according to state law.
- In race to improve batteries, nanotechnology provides hope Updated: Apr-04-16 11:21 am
PRAGUE - In the global race to create more efficient and long-lasting batteries, some are betting on nanotechnology - the use of minuscule parts - as the most likely to yield a breakthrough.
- Killers and Mr. Las Vegas to open splashy Strip arena Updated: Apr-01-16 6:06 pm
LAS VEGAS - The newest addition to the glittering Las Vegas Strip debuts next week without a slot machine or a blackjack table in sight.
- Smoking banned at Vegas's largest sports book Updated: Mar-31-16 11:12 am
LAS VEGAS - Smoking is no longer allowed at one of Las Vegas's largest sports books.
- Rep. Marc Gergely's hearing on gambling charges postponed Updated: Mar-30-16 11:40 am
GIBSONIA, Pennsylvania - A preliminary hearing for a Pennsylvania lawmaker accused of using his political influence to benefit an illegal video gambling ring has been postponed.
- English FA charge Martin Demichelis for betting misconduct Updated: Mar-30-16 10:00 am
LONDON - The English Football Association charged Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis for misconduct in relation to betting on Wednesday.