- Record $132.5M bet on Super Bowl at Nevada sports books Updated: Feb-08-16 7:55 pm
So you thought the Panthers and Broncos would put up a lot more points in Super Bowl 50, that Carolina quarterback Cam Newton would score at least once and probably be named the game's most valuable player?
- The Latest: Broncos beat Panthers to win Super Bowl Updated: Feb-07-16 10:26 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The Latest on Super Bowl Sunday from AP reporters covering the game, the telecast, the commercials and fans around the world (All times local):
- Props rule the day for Super Bowl at Vegas sports books Updated: Feb-05-16 7:15 pm
Jay Kornegay still finds it painful to talk about the last time the Denver Broncos were in the Super Bowl and the first snap of the game went over Peyton Manning's head for a Seattle safety.
- DraftKings makes long delayed push into UK Updated: Feb-05-16 2:10 pm
BOSTON - As its industry continues to tangle with U.S. policymakers, daily fantasy sports giant DraftKings is making its long-anticipated international push with a launch Friday in the United Kingdom.
- Hawaii prosecutor to fantasy sports sites: Stop taking bets Updated: Feb-02-16 8:34 pm
HONOLULU - Honolulu Prosecuting Attorney Keith Kaneshiro is demanding that the heads of two major fantasy sports sites stop taking bets from Honolulu residents.
- True or not, match-fixing reports overshadow Australian Open Updated: Jan-28-16 7:44 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The "Happy Slam" got off to a somber start when allegations of match-fixing in tennis overshadowed the opening day of play at the Australian Open.
- Hawaii bills would legalize fantasy sports sites, lottery Updated: Jan-28-16 7:14 pm
HONOLULU - Lawmakers in Hawaii want to make an exception to the state's gambling ban by legalizing fantasy sports contests.
- California Senate backs rules for fantasy sports betting Updated: Jan-27-16 6:24 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's state Assembly approved minimal regulations Wednesday for the fast-growing daily fantasy sports industry amid a national debate over whether the online games violate states' gambling laws.
- 2 men again convicted of sports betting ring charges Updated: Jan-27-16 6:55 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Two men have again been convicted of being part of a sports betting operation in Columbia.
- Tennis to review integrity unit to restore public confidence Updated: Jan-27-16 5:19 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Tennis leaders are taking steps at damage control as they grapple with allegations of match-fixing in recent media reports, which have cast a shadow over the first Grand Slam of the year and shaken confidence in the integrity of the sport.
- Oregon man files lawsuit against fantasy sports sites Updated: Jan-26-16 12:41 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon resident has filed a class-action lawsuit against two daily fantasy sports sites, claiming the businesses are operating illegal online sports betting.
- AP source: MLB clears Yu Darvish after brother's arrest Updated: Jan-25-16 10:46 pm
- Gambling foes protest effort to legalize fantasy sports Updated: Jan-25-16 6:40 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gambling opponents are fighting a bill that would allow fantasy sports websites to operate in Nebraska, even though the industry estimates that 300,000 people in the state are already playing.
- Republican introduces bill to legalize fantasy sports Updated: Jan-25-16 4:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Big-time online fantasy sports sites could operate legally in Wisconsin if their founders pay the state thousands of dollars in registration fees under a bill a Republican lawmaker introduced Monday.
- Idaho horsemen say instant racing fight not over Updated: Jan-24-16 12:12 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Rows of slot-like gambling machines sit in empty betting parlors at Idaho's horse racing tracks. Employees once in charge of serving cocktails to bettors are gone, leaving hundreds of others who work in the industry fearful that they'll be laid off too.
- Illinois AG seeks to dismiss DraftKings, FanDuel lawsuits Updated: Jan-22-16 8:39 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan is seeking to dismiss lawsuits brought by two daily fantasy sports sites that claim their contests are games of skill allowed by state law.
- Twitter erupts after Saudi cleric says chess is forbidden Updated: Jan-21-16 4:08 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A video clip of Saudi Arabia's top cleric saying that the game of chess is "forbidden" in Islam because it wastes time and leads to rivalry and enmity among people has provoked heated debate, and widespread criticism, among Arabic Twitter users.
- No need to wait until teams are decided to bet Super Bowl Updated: Jan-20-16 4:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - Let the betting begin.
- Reds retiring Rose's No. 14, inducting him into team HOF Updated: Jan-19-16 3:12 pm
CINCINNATI - Pete Rose is getting a hall of fame induction - in the Cincinnati Reds' team hall during a weekend of honors this summer in his hometown - that will include retiring his No. 14.
- Washington lawmakers aim to address illegal fantasy sports Updated: Jan-16-16 10:31 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - Playing fantasy sports to win money in Washington is illegal.
- Md. lawmakers urged to take up fantasy betting this session Updated: Jan-15-16 6:00 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland lawmakers should clarify during this session whether daily betting on fantasy sports is allowed under the law, attorneys for the state recommended Friday.
- Vermont AG: Fantasy sports sites illegal in Vermont Updated: Jan-15-16 4:15 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A top lawyer with the Vermont attorney general's office told a state Senate committee Friday that online daily fantasy sports games are illegal in the state.
- Co-founder of Antigua-based sports bets site pleads guilty Updated: Jan-14-16 5:25 pm
NEW YORK - A longtime fugitive and co-founder of an Antigua-based sports betting site returned to the United States to plead guilty Thursday to a gambling-related charge.
- Fantasy sites raise concerns about Massachusetts regs Updated: Jan-12-16 4:51 pm
BOSTON - Daily fantasy sports operators raised objections Tuesday to some of the regulations proposed for the online contests in Massachusetts, including a minimum 21-year-old age and restrictions on how much players can spend each month.
- Lengthy budget delay to dominate 2016 legislative session Updated: Jan-10-16 1:40 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois has limped along without a budget since July and solving that gridlock will be lawmakers' top priority in the impending session, a time when they've traditionally turned attention to passing a fresh budget for the coming fiscal year.