- Indianapolis bar owners challenge city's smoking ban Updated: May-19-15 3:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The owners of two Indianapolis bars who want to overturn the city's 2012 ban on smoking have pleaded their case before the Indiana Court of Appeals.
- Pence to let bills on casino moves, nursing homes become law Updated: May-08-15 6:29 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's riverboat casinos will be allowed to build new on-land facilities, and a three-year moratorium will be imposed on construction of most new nursing homes around the state, under bills that Gov. Mike Pence said Friday he'll let become law without his signature.
- Pence vetoes bill allowing online horse race wagering Updated: May-08-15 4:58 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence has vetoed a bill approved by state legislators that would allow electronic wagering on horse races.
- Kansas legislators approve bill legalizing fantasy sports Updated: May-08-15 12:05 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - Fantasy sports would be declared a game of skill in Kansas so they wouldn't be illegal under a measure that won final legislative approval Thursday.
- Monmouth Park close to breaking even fiscally Updated: May-05-15 8:01 pm
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - Three years after taking over Monmouth Park, the operators of the New Jersey shore thoroughbred racetrack believe the facility either will break even this year or make a profit.
- FIFA ex-security chief says match-fixing a 'global crime' Updated: May-03-15 2:17 pm
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - Football is facing a "crisis of credibility with its fans" over match-fixing linked to an illegal betting industry that dwarfs the legitimate sports economy, FIFA's former security chief said Sunday.
- 3 plead guilty to running international sports betting ring Updated: May-01-15 9:17 pm
SAN DIEGO - Three men charged with running an illegal international sports gambling ring that made millions have pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy in San Diego.
- Richest fight ever is also a gold mine for Vegas bookies Updated: May-01-15 2:42 am
LAS VEGAS - Days before the fight, one Manny Pacquiao believer had already put $500,000 on his man in the MGM Grand sports book.
- Casino win on Las Vegas Strip pulls statewide numbers down Updated: Apr-29-15 6:23 pm
LAS VEGAS - March Madness could only do so much.
- Defense asking US judge to toss out FBI ruse case in Vegas Updated: Apr-28-15 7:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - Bolstered by a federal judge's ruling that the FBI violated a wealthy Malaysian businessman's constitutional rights when agents searched his Las Vegas Strip suite last summer, defense attorneys are trying to get the case thrown out.