- Casino group says do not confuse it with illegal gambling Updated: Sep-29-15 8:08 pm
LAS VEGAS - The industry group representing casinos, racetracks and sports books in 40 states where gambling is legal wants there to be no confusing it for illegal gambling linked to violent organized crime.
- Off-track betting drops by 25 percent in NY amid competition Updated: Sep-25-15 3:41 pm
ALBANY, New York - A sizeable drop in off-track-betting in New York state is threatening the solvency of the industry and its contributions to local governments, a state audit released Friday says.
- Pete Rose says he's 'just happy' to meet with commissioner Updated: Sep-21-15 10:14 pm
OXFORD, Ohio - Pete Rose said it's an American tradition to give second chances, although he wouldn't describe himself as optimistic about his application for reinstatement to Major League Baseball being approved.
- New Jersey congressmen pushing sports betting on 2nd front Updated: Sep-21-15 5:32 pm
NEW YORK - The recent surge in companies offering fantasy sports leagues with big payouts to participants could help New Jersey's stalled attempt to allow legal sports gambling, a congressman involved in the effort said Monday.
- Man sentenced for role in illegal online sports betting Updated: Sep-18-15 12:49 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A federal judge has sentenced a man to 19 months in prison for his role in an illegal online sports betting scheme.
- Recusals raise odds for review of New Jersey betting appeal Updated: Sep-16-15 2:53 pm
Two recent developments might have raised the odds that New Jersey will get another chance to argue in court in support of its law allowing legal sports betting in the state.
- Gambling or fun? Lawmakers may make call on fantasy sports Updated: Sep-15-15 11:55 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - As the NFL season kicks off, another big contest may be soon be played in the halls of the Florida Capitol.
- Gambling or not, daily fantasy sports faces scrutiny Updated: Sep-12-15 3:53 pm
LAS VEGAS - Think wagering $20 to win $1 million by picking a winning combination of NFL players for a fantasy team this Sunday is gambling? The league says it isn't.
- Track officials 'devastated' by ban on horse racing machines Updated: Sep-11-15 5:58 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Turning off 200 machines Friday morning had already caused John Sheldon to lose 80 employees by the afternoon.
- Daily fantasy sports companies eye breakout NFL season Updated: Sep-11-15 10:00 am
BOSTON - The daily fantasy sports industry is eyeing a breakout season as NFL games begin.
- Rochester man, 70, sentenced for illegal gambling operation Updated: Sep-09-15 7:04 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A Rochester businessman convicted of running an illegal gambling operation that involved a professional hockey player has been sentenced.
- AHL player Paetsch gets home confinement in gambling ring Updated: Sep-04-15 4:51 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - A professional hockey player has been sentenced to eight months of home confinement for being part of an illegal sports betting business that took wagers from other players.