- NBA suspends Mayo 1-game for punch Updated: Mar-08-14 2:59 pm
- Transgender woman sues CrossFit over competition Updated: Mar-07-14 6:47 pm
- MLS referees locked out as season about to start Updated: Mar-07-14 4:00 pm
- FIFA official Makudi's Thailand election appealed Updated: Mar-07-14 12:17 pm
- Nantes to serve 1-year ban on signing new players Updated: Mar-07-14 6:33 am
- Attorney defends fired Dolphins trainer Updated: Mar-06-14 5:07 pm
- FIFA fines Caribbean member over finance rules Updated: Mar-06-14 10:15 am
- 10-second rule withdrawn by NCAA rules committee Updated: Mar-05-14 6:30 pm
- FIFA punishes 5 SAmerican clubs for illegal deals Updated: Mar-05-14 2:26 pm
- Suspended CB Brandon Browner reinstated by NFL Updated: Mar-04-14 8:42 pm
- DA: no charges for Crowder in UNC fraud case Updated: Mar-04-14 8:11 pm
- Napier happy about decision to stay at UConn Updated: Mar-04-14 7:22 pm
- MLS prepared to start season without regular refs Updated: Mar-04-14 5:57 pm
- Belgium player banned 10 matches for quenelle Updated: Mar-04-14 10:14 am
- Capitals D Dmitry Orlov suspended 2 games by NHL Updated: Mar-03-14 7:44 pm
- Gamecocks' pitching keys 1st 10-0 start since 2005 Updated: Mar-03-14 5:27 pm
- SWAC allowed to change NCAA qualification policy Updated: Mar-01-14 11:03 pm
- Kansas City's Reid honored at NFL 101 Awards Updated: Mar-01-14 8:11 pm
- UEFA probes 76 clubs over Financial Fair Play Updated: Feb-28-14 12:27 pm
- UEFA bans City's Pellegrini for Barcelona match Updated: Feb-28-14 10:15 am
- AP Sources: Woods to get new sponsor for PGA event Updated: Feb-28-14 2:19 am
- Nevada commission bans testosterone replacement Updated: Feb-27-14 6:27 pm
- Kings' Cousins suspended 1 game, fined $20K Updated: Feb-27-14 4:45 pm
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O Updated: Feb-27-14 3:09 pm
- Travelers extends tournament sponsorship to 2024 Updated: Feb-27-14 2:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A transgender woman in Northern California has sued the company behind the popular CrossFit workouts for refusing to let her compete in the female division of its annual fitness competitions.
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer's referees and other on-field officials were locked out Friday, a day before the season openers.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - FIFA executive committee member Worawi Makudi's re-election as president of the Football Association of Thailand has been challenged at sport's highest court.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - French club Nantes will serve a one-year FIFA ban on recruiting new players after losing an appeal at Switzerland's supreme court.
MIAMI - An attorney for the trainer fired last month by the Miami Dolphins says his client was improperly singled out to appease a "public outcry for action" in the wake of the team's bullying scandal.
GENEVA - FIFA has fined the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association for financial wrongdoing linked to a development project.
NEW YORK - Round 1 in the fight over pace of play in college football goes to those who have the need for speed.
ZURICH - FIFA has sanctioned five clubs from Argentina and Uruguay for illegal international player transfers.
Former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner tweeted Tuesday that he was reinstated by the NFL following his suspension in December for violating the league's policy on substance abuse.
The prosecutor leading an investigation into fraud in an academic department at North Carolina says a retired administrator tied to the case won't face charges.
STORRS, Connecticut - Shabazz Napier had several opportunities to leave the University of Connecticut over the past four seasons.
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer is prepared to start its season this weekend even if there isn't a labor deal with its referees and other on-field officials.
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA banned a Belgium player for 10 matches on Tuesday for making the "quenelle" gesture at a futsal European Championship match.
WASHINGTON - Washington Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov has been suspended by the NHL for two games for boarding Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn.
South Carolina coach Chad Holbrook is taking his team's first 10-0 start since 2005 in stride.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The NCAA has approved the Southwestern Athletic Conference's request to change its automatic qualification policy this year for the NCAA men's and women's basketball tournaments.
KANSAS, CITY, Missouri - Kansas City's Andy Reid was honored as the AFC Coach of the Year on Saturday at the NFL 101 Awards, and Carolina's Ron Rivera - Reid's former protege - took the NFC award.
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA is investigating 76 Champions League and Europa League clubs for potentially breaking the Financial Fair Play rules designed to curb excessive spending.
NYON, Switzerland - Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini will start a two-match ban when his team plays Barcelona in the Champions League on March 12.
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Florida - The PGA Tour is closing on a deal for Detroit-based Quicken Loans to become title sponsor of Tiger Woods' tournament at Congressional, The Associated Press has learned.
LAS VEGAS - Nevada state regulators on Thursday banned mixed martial arts fighters from using testosterone replacement therapy.
The NBA suspended Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins for one game and fined him $20,000 on Thursday for punching an opposing player and verbally abusing an official in a game earlier this week.
Maybe the most refreshing take about a proposed rule change that would tap the brakes on college football's pedal-to-the-metal offenses came from Temple coach Matt Rhule.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Travelers insurance company announced Thursday it has extended its sponsorship of the Travelers Championship golf tournament for 10 years, keeping the PGA Tour even in Connecticut through 2024.