- Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash Updated: Apr-29-16 9:46 am
Mississippi says it will investigate former offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil's comments that he accepted money from a member of the football staff while playing at the school.
- Marlins' Dee Gordon says he unknowingly took PEDs Updated: Apr-29-16 9:20 am
MIAMI - Reigning NL batting champion Dee Gordon of the Miami Marlins says he unknowingly took the performance-enhancing drugs that led to his 80-game suspension, but he'll accept the penalty.
- Rio Olympic flame visits UN office in Geneva Updated: Apr-29-16 7:16 am
GENEVA - The Olympic flame for the Rio de Janeiro Games came to the United Nations in Geneva on Friday, where officials said a team of refugee athletes will bring a message of hope for refugees around the world.
- FIFA appoints committee to take over Guinean federation Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 am
ZURICH - FIFA will appoint a normalization committee to take control of the Guinean soccer federation after what it called "internal wrangles" brought all competitions in the West African nation to a halt.
- Michel Platini arrives at CAS to fight 6-year ban by FIFA Updated: Apr-29-16 5:54 am
- Column: Biggest loser in Round 1 of draft is Ole Miss Updated: Apr-29-16 3:26 am
CHICAGO - We won't know who won Round 1 of the 2016 NFL draft for a season or two.
- Marlins' sweep overshadowed by Gordon's PED suspension Updated: Apr-29-16 2:46 am
LOS ANGELES - Dee Gordon celebrated with the Miami Marlins following a huge four-game sweep.
- NCAA scraps ban on satellite camps; recruiting under study Updated: Apr-28-16 10:30 pm
The NCAA Division I Board of Directors scrapped a proposed ban on satellite camps Thursday, rebuffing a request from powerhouse conferences in the South and clearing the way for coaches to hold and work at clinics far from their campuses this summer.
- Critics of $1 billion NFL concussion deal seek court review Updated: Apr-28-16 4:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Critics of the proposed $1 billion settlement of NFL concussion claims want a full U.S. appeals court in Philadelphia to review a recent court decision that upheld the deal.
- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.
- Rio mayor wants Olympic cauldron near revitalized port area Updated: Apr-28-16 3:29 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Mayor Eduardo Paes says he wants the Olympic cauldron to burn in Rio de Janeiro's revitalized port area.
- Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon pleads guilty to DUI charge Updated: Apr-28-16 3:16 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Suspended Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon pleaded guilty Wednesday to a charge of driving under the influence in Oklahoma.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.
- UEFA opens case against Sakho after failed doping test Updated: Apr-28-16 9:23 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Mamadou Sakho after the Liverpool defender failed a doping test.
- Goodell: NFL ready to move on from 'Deflategate' Updated: Apr-27-16 10:11 pm
CHICAGO - As far as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is concerned, the league is ready to move on from "Deflategate."
- NCAA board OKs anti-discrimination measure for event bidding Updated: Apr-27-16 10:08 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA Board of Governors adopted an anti-discrimination measure Wednesday that would affect the way the governing body evaluates bids to host sporting events.
- Romo's fantasy company fighting with NFL in court again Updated: Apr-27-16 9:00 pm
DALLAS - A fantasy football company partly owned by Dallas quarterback Tony Romo is fighting the NFL in court again, this time claiming the league is interfering with a second attempt to hold a fan-centric convention by asking sponsors not to participate.
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Updated: Apr-27-16 6:58 pm
A day after Stan Van Gundy's first game as president of basketball operations for the Detroit Pistons last season, he was asked to give an assessment of the coach in the 89-79 loss to the Denver Nuggets.
- North Carolina now on clock to respond in NCAA academic case Updated: Apr-27-16 5:39 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina is preparing for the next step toward a long-awaited resolution in the multi-year case centered around its academic fraud scandal.
- Houston's Monteiro de Lima, San Jose's Imperiale suspended Updated: Apr-27-16 5:18 pm
NEW YORK - Houston midfielder Alex Monteiro de Lima and San Jose Earthquakes defender Andres Imperiale were each suspended for one game and fined undisclosed amounts by MLS on Wednesday for serious foul plays that endangered the safety of opponents.
- Passing security test at Euro 2016 will help 2024 Paris bid Updated: Apr-27-16 3:42 pm
PARIS - Hosting a successful European Championship for soccer fans in June and July would provide further proof that France could stage a safe Olympic Games in Paris in 2024, French Olympic Committee president Denis Masseglia said Wednesday.
- Russian track team could return at European Championships Updated: Apr-27-16 12:22 pm
GENEVA - If reinstated in June, Russia could still compete at the European track championships in July, the head of European Athletics said Wednesday after meeting senior officials in Moscow.
- France's Olympic water polo team cleared by FINA Updated: Apr-27-16 11:41 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The governing body of swimming says no action will be taken against France's water polo team for supposedly losing an Olympic qualifier on purpose to get a preferred opponent in the next round.
- Kazakh hurdler Soprunova banned 4 years for doping Updated: Apr-27-16 7:54 am
MOSCOW - Kazakh hurdler Anastasia Soprunova has been given a four-year doping ban and will lose her gold medal from the Asian indoor championships.
- Olympic skating scandal official in 4-man race to lead ISU Updated: Apr-27-16 4:39 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A French official who was suspended in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic figure skating judging scandal is running in the International Skating Union's presidential election.