- Keenum not cleared but Rams hopeful about Wednesday Updated: Nov-24-15 7:26 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Rams quarterback Case Keenum did not practice Tuesday while going through the NFL's concussion protocol, and coach Jeff Fisher is hopeful he'll be cleared Wednesday.
- NCAA committee delays plan to fill bowls with losing teams Updated: Nov-24-15 6:51 pm
The NCAA football oversight committee will wait until next week to complete a plan for matching sub-.500 teams with bowls if there are not enough bowl-eligible squads to fill 40 games.
- Coe defensive for Eugene getting 2021 worlds without bid Updated: Nov-24-15 6:38 pm
LONDON - IAAF President Sebastian Coe is on the defensive over his role in Eugene receiving the 2021 world athletics championships without a bidding process, insisting on Tuesday that a leaked email does not show he lobbied for the small Oregon city.
- Panthers DE Alexander suspended for 1 year by NFL Updated: Nov-24-15 4:17 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The NFL has suspended Carolina Panthers defensive Frank Alexander without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse for a third time.
- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel Platini Updated: Nov-24-15 12:23 pm
PARIS - The FIFA ethics committee has requested a life ban for Michel Platini, the Frenchman's lawyer said Tuesday, a move that would rule the UEFA president out of the race to succeed Sepp Blatter.
- CAS to judge bans for 6 Russian athletes caught doping Updated: Nov-24-15 9:25 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Russian anti-doping system will go on trial at the Court of Arbitration for Sport next week with two Olympic medals at stake.
- UCI cuts ties with head of Russian anti-doping agency Updated: Nov-24-15 9:14 am
MOSCOW - Cycling's world governing body, the UCI, has cut ties with Russian anti-doping agency managing director Nikita Kamaev amid Russia's doping scandal.
- NFL reviewing Keenum concussion procedures Updated: Nov-24-15 5:28 am
ST. LOUIS - The NFL is investigating whether correct concussion protocol was followed for Rams quarterback Case Keenum late in Sunday's loss at Baltimore.
- FIFA executive committee to make progress on reforms Updated: Nov-24-15 5:14 am
ZURICH - The FIFA executive committee will discuss ongoing reforms for the scandal-scarred soccer body at a meeting in Zurich next week.
- No. 5 Kansas crushes Chaminade 123-72 in Maui Invitational Updated: Nov-24-15 2:18 am
LAHAINA, Hawaii - Kansas doesn't seem to understand that you're supposed to treat your host well.
- Panthers DE Horton, WR Hill suspended by NFL Updated: Nov-23-15 8:00 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The NFL has announced that Carolina Panthers backup defensive end Wes Horton has been suspended without pay for the team's next four games for violating the NFL policy on performance-enhancing substances.
- Appeals arguments in Tom Brady penalty appeal set for March Updated: Nov-23-15 6:56 pm
NEW YORK - A federal appeals court has set a March date for oral arguments in the NFL's appeal of a ruling lifting New England quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension in the "Deflategate" controversy.
- Peko pops off, then protests his innocence Updated: Nov-23-15 6:11 pm
The Bengals were either busted or they got a bum rap.
- Massachusetts governor backs plan to regulate fantasy sports Updated: Nov-23-15 4:44 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts' governor says he thinks fantasy sports regulations recommended by the state's attorney general are on the mark.
- Kansas officials sharply criticize NCAA over Diallo case Updated: Nov-23-15 12:17 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas officials have sharply criticized the NCAA over its handling of five-star prospect Cheick Diallo, who remains ineligible to participate in games for the Jayhawks after several months of investigations.
- FIFA President Blatter says he was near death in hospital Updated: Nov-23-15 7:07 am
ZURICH - Without specifying his illness, Sepp Blatter said in excerpts from a television interview that he was near death when hospitalized for stress-related problems this month.
- Goodell: Peterson 'taking great advantage' of opportunity Updated: Nov-22-15 5:32 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's letter to Adrian Peterson last year spelled out the reasons for his suspension and the conditions for his reinstatement in cold, unsympathetic terms.
- UEFA bans Dinamo Zagreb's Ademi for 4 years for doping Updated: Nov-21-15 8:25 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA says it banned Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Arijan Ademi for four years after he tested positive for doping at a Champions League match.
- NCAA denies appeal of 1-year suspension for Florida's Grier Updated: Nov-20-15 11:22 pm
No. 8 Florida says the NCAA has denied quarterback Will Grier's appeal of a one-year suspension for failing a drug test.
- LPGA purses rise to $63 million for 33 events in 2016 Updated: Nov-20-15 5:02 pm
NAPLES, Florida - Purses on the LPGA Tour will rise by $4 million in 2016, and officials are aiming for a second event in China.
- IOC president proposes overhaul of WADA doping operations Updated: Nov-20-15 4:27 pm
PRAGUE - IOC President Thomas Bach proposed an overhaul of the World Anti-Doping Agency's operations Friday, including the creation of independent testing and professional intelligence-gathering units to avoid the kind of scandals that have embroiled Russia and track and field.
- Franz Beckenbauer says 'I signed everything* Updated: Nov-20-15 4:04 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Franz Beckenbauer says a contract he signed with former high-ranking FIFA official Jack Warner ahead of the vote to decide the host of the 2006 World Cup was an aid package.
- Sports scramble for new drug testing in Russia Updated: Nov-20-15 1:04 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's doping scandal has forced international sports leaders to find new drug-testing facilities for winter events being held in the country.
- 2019 Euro Games host decision delayed due to Russian doping Updated: Nov-20-15 9:37 am
PRAGUE - The European Olympic Committees say a decision about the host of the 2019 European Games will be delayed due to the Russian doping scandal.
- Platini appeals to CAS against suspension by FIFA Updated: Nov-20-15 6:15 am
PARIS - Suspended UEFA president Michel Platini has lodged an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against his 90-day ban.