- Pats coach Belichick on having Brady back: 'He never left' Updated: Sep-04-15 7:04 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Like every game, Patriots coach Bill Belichick says he's focused on his next opponent. But he doesn't feel like he's got a new edge with star quarterback Tom Brady able to play in the season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Bills cut Enemkpali; place McKelvin on short-term IR Updated: Sep-04-15 6:58 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Bills starting cornerback Leodis McKelvin will miss the start of the season because of a right ankle injury.
- Judge's NFL bashing skips judgment of Brady in 'Deflategate' Updated: Sep-04-15 6:57 pm
NEW YORK - A judge's ruling freeing New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to play football erased his four-game suspension but failed to address the root question of the "Deflategate" scandal: What did Brady know about a plot to deflate balls before January's AFC championship game?
- Toronto's Warner, Montreal's Cabrera suspended by MLS Updated: Sep-04-15 5:35 pm
TORONTO - Toronto FC midfielder Collen Warner and Montreal defender Victor Cabrera have received suspensions for violent play.
- Porto wants Champions League donations to migrants Updated: Sep-04-15 1:02 pm
PORTO, Portugal - Porto wants clubs in the group stage of the lucrative Champions League to donate money from ticket sales to help thousands of migrants and refugees currently trying to enter Europe.
- Astana thrown out of MPCC Updated: Sep-04-15 12:14 pm
PARIS - Astana has been thrown out of the Movement for Credible Cycling for a breach of the group's regulations.
- Packers' Guion, Jones await substance abuse suspensions Updated: Sep-04-15 10:30 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Packers defensive lineman Letroy Guion plans to stay in Green Bay during his three-game suspension to work out and get ready for the rest of the season.
- IOC sets up $2 million fund to assist refugees Updated: Sep-04-15 7:17 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The International Olympic Committee is setting up a $2 million fund to assist refugees.
- IOC president hires German official as new chief of staff Updated: Sep-04-15 5:50 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - IOC President Thomas Bach has hired a German regional government official as his new chief of staff.
- Players hoping "Deflategate" can usher in change Updated: Sep-04-15 4:06 am
PITTSBURGH - Tom Brady is free and Ramon Foster can't help but laugh. Sorry, the irony is just a little too delicious.
- Column: Wait, Goodell got it wrong again? Roger that! Updated: Sep-03-15 11:11 pm
The day is coming when NFL owners won't have enough faith in Roger Goodell's judgment to let him order lunch.
- NFL says Redskins WR Jamison Crowder won't face discipline Updated: Sep-03-15 7:56 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - The NFL says it has concluded its investigation into Washington Redskins rookie receiver Jamison Crowder in connection to a domestic violence episode, and he will not face discipline from the league.
- The Latest: Falcons owner says Goodell protecting rights Updated: Sep-03-15 7:23 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on a federal judge's decision to overturn the NFL's four-game suspension of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" scandal (all times Eastern):
- It's not over yet: What's next in the 'Deflategate' mess Updated: Sep-03-15 6:19 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Seven months. At least $3 million spent on lawyers - and probably twice that or more. Reports and responses and arbitration and appeals and even a college class in New England called "Deflategate."
- After sanctions, No. 8 USC relies on youth for roster depth Updated: Sep-03-15 6:15 pm
LOS ANGELES - Although "How Soon is Now?" isn't on the playlist that blares during practices at Southern California, The Smiths' classic song sums up the balance between youth and experience that the No. 8 Trojans are trying to navigate this season.
- Chung says AFC broke election rules ahead of FIFA vote Updated: Sep-03-15 12:59 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean billionaire Chung Mong-joon has accused the Asian Football Confederation of breaking FIFA election and ethics rules by lobbying for rival candidate Michel Platini in the presidential contest.
- FIFA reforms panel makes little progress at 1st meeting Updated: Sep-03-15 10:51 am
BERN, Switzerland - A FIFA-appointed panel driving reforms of the crisis-hit governing body appeared to stall Thursday after its first outing.
- Los Angeles mayor pitches 2024 Olympic bid to IOC president Updated: Sep-03-15 8:35 am
LONDON - Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti took his city's newly-launched bid for the 2024 Summer Games to IOC headquarters on Thursday, saying it's time "to bring the Olympics back home" to the United States after an absence of nearly three decades.
- Sony, back in the crosshairs, defends 'Concussion' Updated: Sep-02-15 6:25 pm
NEW YORK - Nearly a year after the devastating hacking attack that leaked thousands of emails, Sony Pictures Entertainment again finds itself trying to justify its own inner dealings, this time over the upcoming Will Smith film about head trauma and the NFL, "Concussion."
- Thomas Bach gets what he wants: A US bid for 2024 Olympics Updated: Sep-02-15 2:03 pm
LONDON - When Boston's troubled bid for the 2024 Olympics collapsed in late July, IOC President Thomas Bach made it pointedly clear he was counting on the U.S. to come up with another candidate.
- Ex-Nigeria player latest African hoping to succeed Blatter Updated: Sep-02-15 10:50 am
The men from Africa who say they want to be FIFA president may all be little-known and have only a remote chance of securing football's most important job, but the continent will still play a big role in who succeeds Sepp Blatter.
- ENMU to be on probation, vacate wins over NCAA violations Updated: Sep-01-15 8:12 pm
PORTALES, New Mexico - Eastern New Mexico will be on probation for four years and forfeit five seasons' worth of victories by nearly all of its sports programs because of eligibility violations.
- ENMU to be on probation, vacate wins over NCAA violations Updated: Sep-01-15 7:56 pm
PORTALES, New Mexico - Eastern New Mexico University will be on probation for four years and forfeit five seasons' worth of victories by nearly all of its sports programs because of eligibility violations.
- Uruguay set to rescind rights deal over bribery probe Updated: Sep-01-15 4:51 pm
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - The Uruguay football association said Tuesday it was preparing to rescind a television contract for the national team's 2018 World Cup qualifying matches, as the rights company involved has been targeted by a U.S. investigation into corruption in world football.
- FIFA scandal becomes exhibit at Mob Museum in Las Vegas Updated: Sep-01-15 4:44 pm
LAS VEGAS - Al Capone, with raised eyebrows, appeared to be taking a curious sideways glance at the two-minute video of soccer playing and talk about corruption and crooks.