- The Latest: 5 Ohio State players selected in 1st round Updated: Apr-29-16 12:00 am
CHICAGO - The Latest on the first day of the NFL draft (all times local):
- Blackie Sherrod, longtime Texas sports writer, dead at 96 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:48 pm
DALLAS - The East Coast had Red Smith. The West Coast had Jim Murray. Texas had Blackie Sherrod.
- Dodgers radio announcers Monday and Steiner sign new deals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Dodgers broadcasters Rick Monday and Charley Steiner have signed multi-year deals to continue their 12-year partnership on the team's flagship radio station.
- Game 7 sets Fox Sports Midwest record Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - Game 7 of the Blackhawks-Blues first-round series drew the largest TV audience for Fox Sports Midwest.
- The Latest: Cruz shoots an airball at 'basketball ring' Updated: Apr-27-16 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters head to the polls in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland (all times Eastern):
- HBO's 'Game of Thrones' opens with bang Updated: Apr-26-16 5:07 pm
NEW YORK - The fantasy favorite "Game of Thrones," the most popular series in HBO's history, returned for its sixth season with what may or may not be the show's most-watched episode ever.
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - Game 4 of the Warriors-Rockets series drew the largest television audience for the first round of the NBA playoffs in 14 years.
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Updated: Apr-25-16 8:23 pm
NEW YORK - Toronto's Dwane Casey has won the Rudy Tomjanovich Award, given by the Professional Basketball Writers Association to an NBA coach who combines cooperation with the media and fans with excellence on the court.
- Sportscaster Erin Andrews settles court case, ends appeals Updated: Apr-25-16 6:54 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Sportscaster and TV host Erin Andrews on Monday settled with two hotel companies that were found partially to blame for a stalker posting secretly-recorded nude video of her on the Internet.
- AP Source: Mike Tirico leaving ESPN this summer for NBC Updated: Apr-25-16 6:51 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Mike Tirico is leaving ESPN and ABC Sports this summer when his contract expires to work for NBC, a person familiar with the move told The Associated Press on Monday.
- Still swimming in exile, Syrian refugee to carry Rio flame Updated: Apr-25-16 4:23 pm
ATHENS, Greece - As a swimming-mad teenager in Syria, Ibrahim Al-Hussein was glued to his TV set for the 2004 Athens Olympics.
- Filmmaker documenting life of South Dakota rodeo legend Updated: Apr-24-16 9:05 am
FORT PIERRE, South Dakota - An independent filmmaker producing a documentary about rodeo legend and Fort Pierre native Casey Tibbs says he's close to wrapping up the film.
- Winners announced in 2015 Illinois AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-23-16 9:05 pm
CHICAGO - Winners of the Illinois Associated Press Broadcasters Association contest were announced Saturday in Springfield.
- Virginas broadcast winners list Updated: Apr-23-16 4:22 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Winners have been announced in the Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters 2016 contest.
- After-prom parties aim to deter Nebraska teens from trouble Updated: Apr-23-16 11:05 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Trent Steele put on his wet suit.
- Report: Russia says athletes have 'moral right' to be in Rio Updated: Apr-23-16 5:10 am
BERLIN - Russia's sports minister is arguing in an interview with a German magazine that his country's athletes have a "moral right" to take part in the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- No Canada: NHL playoff ratings plummet north of the border Updated: Apr-22-16 10:46 pm
With NHL playoff viewership down nearly two-thirds across Canada, the television executive who committed Toronto-based Sportsnet to a 12-year, multibillion-dollar broadcasting rights agreement joked how glad he was to have a third-floor office.
- How to watch baseball online in 2016 Updated: Apr-22-16 12:02 pm
NEW YORK - It's a little easier to watch baseball online this year, though no one would call it safe at home quite yet.
- Moment of Silence: Romania disqualified from Eurovision Updated: Apr-22-16 9:07 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's "Moment of Silence" won't be heard at the Eurovision Song Contest because the national broadcaster owes millions to the European Broadcasting Union.
- Cruz compares federal government to naked intruder Updated: Apr-21-16 9:18 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Sen. Ted Cruz referenced a quote from the Indiana basketball movie "Hoosiers," comparing the federal government to "the guy who will get naked and bark at the moon in your living room."
- Garber criticizes Arena for comments on de Jong tackle Updated: Apr-21-16 5:05 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber criticized Galaxy coach Bruce Arena for alleging the league and media caused "hysteria" over a tackle by Los Angeles midfielder Nigel de Jong that injured Portland attacker Darlington Nagbe.
- Discovery reaches Olympic TV deal with YLE in Finland Updated: Apr-21-16 1:47 pm
LONDON - Finnish broadcaster YLE has reached a deal with Discovery Communications for domestic TV rights for the 2018 and 2020 Olympics.
- Mizzou will screen ESPN's Stewart documentary before debut Updated: Apr-21-16 12:06 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri fans will get a chance to screen a documentary on former men's basketball coach Norm Stewart before it debuts on the SEC Network.
- The NBA makes new play in Africa in pursuit of fans Updated: Apr-21-16 8:06 am
The NBA is making a new play for fans in Africa by splitting with the continent's biggest sports broadcaster and teaming up with a Zimbabwean telecommunications entrepreneur who started his first business with $75.
- ESPN fires former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling as analyst Updated: Apr-21-16 12:40 am
Curt Schilling helped the Boston Red Sox end an 86-year championship drought and then immediately started squandering the goodwill he had earned.