- NCAA's new head of officials ready to make tough calls Updated: May-05-15 5:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - J.D. Collins has one goal as the NCAA's coordinator of men's basketball officials: Get it right.
- Boxing match pops up on phones as TV habits change Updated: May-04-15 7:13 pm
NEW YORK - It should have been a proud moment for TV: A much-hyped sports event drawing in millions of paying viewers and showcasing the clout still held by traditional media heavyweights.
- Bryant Gumbel defends program and co-workers against lawsuit Updated: May-04-15 6:51 pm
NEW YORK - The host of HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" on Monday defended his monthly sports magazine against claims by a British soccer ball maker that it delivered a "pack of lies" with a 2008 segment about child labor in India.
- Intuit drafting another small business for Super Bowl TV ad Updated: May-03-15 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - Intuit is looking to draft another small business for some air time in football's biggest game.
- Winners announced in '14 OAPME newspaper contest Updated: May-03-15 2:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Newspapers in Columbus, Youngstown, Elyria, Newark and Chillicothe were named the best in the state Sunday in the annual Ohio Associated Press Media Editors newspaper competition.
- The Latest: Flay fires up winner in Derby undercard race Updated: May-02-15 3:00 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - 2:38 p.m.
- The Latest: It's the Ickey Shuffle! Updated: May-01-15 9:10 pm
CHICAGO - 7:52 p.m. (8:52 p.m. EDT)
- US Open winner Michael Campbell says he's quitting Updated: May-01-15 6:59 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Former U.S. Open champion Michael Campbell says he has lost the motivation to play top-level golf and is quitting to concentrate on teaching.
- New site, app, links celebrities, charities and donors Updated: May-01-15 5:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Chatting on the red carpet with Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence; recording a country song with Clint Black; working a relief mission with Patricia Arquette; receiving a serenade from Michael Bolton on a Caribbean island. These are just some of the WOW! moments possible for everyday donors through a new online charity service that combines star power with digital marketing savvy to contribute millions to celebrity causes worldwide.
- Spain approves new law governing sale of soccer TV rights Updated: Apr-30-15 5:24 pm
MADRID - A new Spanish law governing the sale of television rights to broadcast soccer games and the distribution of the income, was approved by the government on Thursday.
- Report: Bills for proposed new St. Louis stadium total $800K Updated: Apr-30-15 10:36 am
ST. LOUIS - Contractors already have submitted roughly $800,000 in bills toward the development of a billion-dollar proposed football stadium in St. Louis, according to a newspaper report.
- Arkansas football coach Bielema to be NFL draft analyst Updated: Apr-29-15 4:50 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas head football coach Bret Bielema has been selected as an analyst for NFL Network during the 2015 NFL Draft.
- Latest on game with no fans: White Sox-Orioles make noise Updated: Apr-29-15 4:11 pm
BALTIMORE - 4:00 p.m.
- Vikings, iHeartMedia Minneapolis sign multi-year extension Updated: Apr-29-15 3:50 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings and iHeartMedia Minneapolis have signed a five-year contract extension.
- Fox to air NFL pregame show from Pearl Harbor on Dec. 6 Updated: Apr-29-15 12:28 pm
NEW YORK - Fox will broadcast its NFL pregame show from the deck of the Battleship Missouri Memorial the day before the 74th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attacks.
- Top soccer leagues team up to form worldwide network Updated: Apr-29-15 9:45 am
LONDON - A new worldwide group of soccer leagues will meet in New York in October seeking closer working links.
- Big price, big expectations for Mayweather-Pacquiao pay TV Updated: Apr-29-15 7:25 am
LAS VEGAS - George Foreman was fighting Evander Holyfield for the heavyweight title, and anyone wanting to watch it in April 1991 had to plan ahead.
- Bolt's Olympic preparations to be put into a documentary Updated: Apr-29-15 6:09 am
LONDON - Usain Bolt is headed for the big screen in a documentary about his preparations for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro and his subsequent retirement a year later.
- Jets' Amaro not bothered by Rex Ryan's criticisms Updated: Apr-28-15 7:36 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Jace Amaro is unfazed by Rex Ryan's recent criticisms.
- After decades, NFL decides to give up tax-exempt status Updated: Apr-28-15 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Every so often, in a bid to sound threatening, a member of Congress has vowed to revoke the NFL's tax-exempt status. Now Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will give it up voluntarily to "eliminate this distraction."
- Maurice Jones-Drew retires, heads to broadcast booth Updated: Apr-28-15 4:52 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Maurice Jones-Drew scribbled his name on the paper, sighed and whispered "it's over with."
- Kerr wins Rudy Tomjanovich Award from Pro Basketball Writers Updated: Apr-27-15 6:35 pm
- USGA director: Learn Chambers Bay or you won't win US Open Updated: Apr-27-15 5:32 pm
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Washington - United States Golf Association executive director Mike Davis laid down a challenge to the best players in the world as they get ready for the U.S. Open to make its debut at Chambers Bay.
- ESPN suing Verizon over unbundling of its sports channel Updated: Apr-27-15 4:23 pm
ESPN is suing Verizon in an escalating clash over how the popular sports channel is being sold in a discounted pay-TV package.
- Equestrian aims for more nations competing at Olympics Updated: Apr-27-15 12:45 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The International Equestrian Federation could cut team sizes at the Olympics to create space for more competing countries.