- IAAF clears Radcliffe, defends its blood testing program Updated: Nov-27-15 1:17 pm
LONDON - The IAAF cleared marathon world record-holder Paula Radcliffe of doping allegations on Friday and rejected claims that it failed to act on hundreds of suspicious blood tests, saying the accusations lacked "any scientific or legal basis."
- Man featured in documentary pleads guilty in assault case Updated: Nov-24-15 6:48 pm
OGDEN, Utah - A man who was featured in a Sundance documentary has pleaded guilty to assault charges.
- Marlins fire TV analyst Tommy Hutton after 19 seasons Updated: Nov-24-15 3:56 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Marlins have fired Tommy Hutton, their TV analyst for 19 years.
- Nielsen's top programs for Nov. 16-22 Updated: Nov-24-15 3:50 pm
Prime-time viewership numbers compiled by Nielsen for Nov. 16-22. Listings include the week's ranking and viewership.
- New Rocky story 'Creed' balances brutality and theatricality Updated: Nov-24-15 10:48 am
LOS ANGELES - Sylvester Stallone knows most of Rocky Balboa's famous fights would have been stopped by a real-life referee long before the battered and bloodied fictional heavyweight champion rallies his will to win.
- Del Rio's concerns go beyond non-challenge for Raiders Updated: Nov-23-15 9:38 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland coach Jack Del Rio defended his decision not to challenge a play that might have helped sustain a drive by the Raiders' sputtering offense in the second quarter of Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions.
- The Latest from NASCAR: Busch wins 1st Sprint Cup title Updated: Nov-22-15 7:57 pm
HOMESTEAD, Florida - The latest from Homestead-Miami Speedway, the site of NASCAR's season finale (all times EST):
- 2 World Cup luge events in US means more exposure Updated: Nov-21-15 1:55 pm
LAKE PLACID, New York - Luge is the fastest sport on ice and breathtaking for fans watching the competitors whiz by face-up and feet-first on their fiberglass sleds.
- Stories of those who died in the Paris attacks Updated: Nov-20-15 9:17 pm
They were artists and students, music lovers, parents and newlyweds. The victims of last week's attacks in Paris had varied backgrounds and interests. Among the 130 killed in the attacks, here are some of their stories:
- Arkansas-LSU game to be broadcast by ESPN Updated: Nov-08-15 7:16 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The Arkansas-LSU Southeastern Conference football game on Nov. 14 will be broadcast on ESPN.
- Teen falsely linked to Boston Marathon bombings speaks out Updated: Nov-06-15 12:17 pm
FITCHBURG, Massachusetts - A teenager who was falsely portrayed by a newspaper as a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings says others should use their problems as motivation to be successful.
- NBC's Roker embarking on 50-state marathon Updated: Nov-05-15 1:33 pm
NEW YORK - Al Roker is testing his endurance again - and this time he's picking up some frequent flier miles.
- Judge tosses arbitration that said MASN owes Nats $298M Updated: Nov-04-15 4:39 pm
- 'Concussion' doctor aiding marijuana-based research company Updated: Nov-03-15 4:11 pm
The doctor portrayed in the upcoming football movie "Concussion" is on the board of a company looking for a marijuana-based treatment for head injuries.
- German authorities raid soccer federation over FIFA payment Updated: Nov-03-15 9:06 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - The president of the German soccer federation and two former high-ranking officials are the targets of a tax evasion probe over a payment to FIFA in connection with the 2006 World Cup, authorities said Tuesday.
- World Series Game 5 has highest TV rating since 2009 Updated: Nov-02-15 5:16 pm
NEW YORK - The World Series' Game 5 had its highest television rating since 2009.
- Bengals-Cardinals into prime time under flex scheduling Updated: Nov-02-15 4:28 pm
NEW YORK - The NFL will use its flexible scheduling option the first week it's available this season, moving a matchup between Cincinnati and Arizona into prime time.
- Student put on NY Post cover after bombing to give talk Updated: Nov-02-15 3:50 am
FITCHBURG, Massachusetts - A Fitchburg State University student who was featured on a newspaper cover in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing plans to talk about his experience this week at the school.
- Ohio college to offer Chinese broadcasts of basketball games Updated: Nov-01-15 5:01 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The University of Dayton's athletics department plans to offer Mandarin Chinese broadcasts of the Flyers' home men's basketball games for this upcoming season.
- Season-long fantasy sports now a question in Nevada Updated: Oct-31-15 5:19 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada has already decided daily fantasy sports are gambling and that people can't put their dollars down on DraftKings and FanDuel until those sites obtain a license in the state.
- Indiana to broadcast men's basketball home games in Mandarin Updated: Oct-30-15 6:39 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana says it will broadcast all 19 men's home basketball games this season in Mandarin to serve its large Chinese student population.