- Concussions and the long, dangerous road to recovery Updated: Nov-28-15 10:55 am
OCEAN CITY, New Jersey - Jackie Adams' descent into despair began in 2007 with an elbow to the head when she was an Ocean City High School sophomore during a girls soccer game.
- Lawyers: NFL concussion deal excludes central brain injury Updated: Nov-19-15 3:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Former players appealing the NFL's $1 billion plan to address concussion-linked injuries asked a court on Thursday to reject the settlement because it excludes what they call the signature brain disease of football.
- USSF recommends ban on headers for players 10 and under Updated: Nov-09-15 9:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The U.S. Soccer Federation is recommending a ban on headers for players 10 and under, limits for players between 11 and 13 and having medical professionals rather than coaches make decisions on whether players suspected of concussions can remain in games.
- Illinois fires athletic director after athlete allegations Updated: Nov-09-15 6:31 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Illinois fired athletic director Mike Thomas on Monday, saying he had done nothing wrong but a change was needed after the department was plunged into crisis when football and women's basketball players said had been mistreated by their coaches.
- Laramie native Tristan Eickbush gives up football for health Updated: Nov-06-15 1:59 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Two hits in a span of 24 hours changed Tristan Eickbush's life.
- 'Concussion' doctor aiding marijuana-based research company Updated: Nov-03-15 4:11 pm
The doctor portrayed in the upcoming football movie "Concussion" is on the board of a company looking for a marijuana-based treatment for head injuries.
- Medical staffs in Dallas, New Orleans earn praise Updated: Nov-02-15 9:25 pm
The hard-hitting violence of the NFL certainly was on display Sunday. So was the quick work of medical responders, particularly in Dallas and New Orleans.
- Lack of softball pitching limits can lead to injuries Updated: Nov-01-15 10:57 am
WOODLAND PARK, New Jersey - The mantra is a myth.