- Judge nixes deal in batch of NFL concussion cases Updated: Apr-16-14 4:55 pm
- More former players sue NHL regarding concussions Updated: Apr-15-14 11:02 pm
- Need seen for Ill. school protocols on concussions Updated: Apr-11-14 12:41 pm
- Ex-NHL players sue league in NY over concussions Updated: Apr-10-14 6:16 pm
- Study: MMA brain injury risk higher than boxing Updated: Mar-28-14 1:10 pm
- Va. professor champions shoes with GPS tracking Updated: Mar-23-14 10:31 am
- NFL faces new concussion case in Los Angeles Updated: Mar-21-14 6:42 pm
- Saints coach Payton on hand for W.Va. bill signing Updated: Mar-20-14 5:57 pm
- Busy day to 'organized chaos' after Boston bombing Updated: Mar-19-14 9:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A federal judge in Philadelphia has declined to approve deals for another batch of retired players suing the NFL over concussion-linked claims.
MINNEAPOLIS - Another group of former NHL players has joined the fight for compensation for head injuries they say they incurred while playing, while at the same time targeting the violence of the game that they believe brought about those injuries.
CHICAGO - A survey of school nurses suggests most Illinois schools don't have protocols for when to allow students who've suffered concussions back into the classroom.
NEW YORK - Nine former National Hockey League players have sued the league in New York over concussions, saying the league subjects its players to "devastating and long-term" health consequences by failing to warn players of the risks and consequences of head trauma.
ALBANY, New York - A new study says about a third of professional mixed martial arts matches end in knockout or technical knockout, indicating a higher incidence of brain trauma than boxing or other martial arts.
FAIRFAX, Virginia - Andrew Carle, an assistant professor at George Mason University and a consultant on senior housing issues, is always looking for new technology to improve the lives of the elderly. He's even coined a term for his life's work: "nana technology."
LOS ANGELES - The estate of NFL Hall of Famer Mike Webster and dozens of former players suing the league over concussion injuries agreed Friday to pause their lawsuit to see if it will join other similar cases being reviewed by a federal judge for settlement.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - While a trumpeter blared, "When the Saints Go Marching In," New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton paraded into the governor's parlor Thursday and touted The Greenbrier resort as the NFL team's new training camp home.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - From inside the cinder block walls of the emergency department at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, with just 10 rooms total, it was hard to tell that April 15 had gone from simply a normal day to a moment that would rivet the world's attention on Boston and its famous marathon.