- Study: Football concussions and resuming play vary by age Updated: May-02-16 12:26 pm
CHICAGO - Younger football players are more likely to return to the field less than a day after suffering concussions than those in high school and college, according to a new study.
- Monkey bars alert: Playground concussions are on the rise Updated: May-02-16 8:22 am
CHICAGO - Playground concussions are on the rise, according to a new government study, and monkey bars and swings are most often involved.
- Doctors to patrol Pittsburgh Marathon course for quick aid Updated: Apr-28-16 10:08 am
PITTSBURGH - About 100 yards from the finish line of last year's Pittsburgh Marathon, where a body pushed to its physical limit prepares for its endorphin-filled reward, a runner collapsed, the victim of a cardiac event.
- Chocolate milk maker wanted study touted with 'Concussion' Updated: Apr-19-16 8:55 pm
NEW YORK - A small chocolate milk company wanted publicity touting the purported ability of its drink to help high school athletes recover from concussions to coincide with the Will Smith movie "Concussion," according to emails obtained by The Associated Press.
- Meyer shares stage with 4 ex-Ohio State coaches at clinic Updated: Apr-15-16 4:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Every living former Ohio State head coach shared a stage with current coach Urban Meyer at the school's annual clinic for high school football coaches.
- Injured hockey player to continue rehab at Mayo Clinic Updated: Apr-13-16 2:33 am
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - A hockey player from Minnesota who suffered a spinal cord injury in a game has left an Illinois hospital to continue his rehabilitation at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
- English FA to ask FIFA to research dementia link to football Updated: Apr-09-16 6:07 pm
LONDON - The English Football Association will ask FIFA to investigate whether former players have dementia as a consequence of brain damage from playing the game.
- Indiana mandates concussion training for public coaches Updated: Apr-03-16 9:37 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana high school soccer coach Cruz Gallegos knew something was wrong when one of his players seemed to fade in and out of consciousness on the bench. The junior had been pulled from the field after getting slammed into midair during a match against a hometown rival.