- Kyrgios knocks Federer out of 2nd round at Madrid Open Updated: May-06-15 5:23 pm
- Hewitt to skip French Open to focus on Wimbledon, Davis Cup Updated: May-04-15 10:47 pm
SYDNEY - Two-time Grand Slam champion and former No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt will not play this month's French Open in what is likely to be his last year on tour.
- Murray wins BMW Open for 1st clay-court title Updated: May-04-15 9:11 am
MUNICH - Andy Murray won his first clay-court title on Monday when he overcame Philipp Kohlschreiber 7-6 (4), 5-7, 7-6 (4) in the rain-delayed final of the BMW Open.
- Vonn says relationship with Woods is over Updated: May-03-15 4:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn are no longer a power couple in American sports.
- Federer wins Istanbul Open in straight sets Updated: May-03-15 1:59 pm
ISTANBUL - Top-seeded Roger Federer claimed his 85th title Sunday with a 6-3, 7-6 (11) win over Pablo Cuevas in the final of the Istanbul Open.
- Top-seeded Karolina Pliskova wins Prague Open for 4th title Updated: May-02-15 8:06 am
PRAGUE - Top-seeded Karolina Pliskova rallied from a set down to claim her fourth WTA title by defeating qualifier Lucie Hradecka 4-6, 7-5, 6-3 in an all-Czech final of the Prague Open on Saturday.
- Teen with one arm has become award-winning tennis player Updated: May-02-15 1:29 am
BRADENTON, Florida - At the IMG Academy, the most famous tennis program in the world, teaching pros have never seen a player quite like Nisha Rajamohan.
- 17-year-old Frances Tiafoe earns French Open wild-card berth Updated: May-02-15 12:24 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Frances Tiafoe, a 17-year-old from Maryland, has earned his first main-draw Grand Slam tournament berth by clinching a French Open wild-card entry through the U.S. Tennis Association.
- Gasquet beats Almagro to reach Estoril Open semifinals Updated: May-01-15 4:24 pm
- World No 1 Novak Djokovic withdraws from Madrid Open Updated: Apr-30-15 6:54 pm
MADRID - The ATP says world No. 1 and former champion Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from next week's Madrid Open without elaborating, and will return to competition the following week in Rome, where he is the defending champion.
- Boys tennis team in Pennsylvania disqualified for using girl Updated: Apr-28-15 3:11 pm
CALIFORNIA, Pennsylvania - A boys high school tennis team has forfeited four matches and lost its section title for using a girl to round out its squad during those contests.
- 2015 Wimbledon singles champions to receive nearly $3M Updated: Apr-28-15 12:09 pm
LONDON - Prize money keeps going up at Wimbledon, with first-round losers as well as champions cashing in on record rewards.
- Leave your selfie sticks at home, say Wimbledon organizers Updated: Apr-27-15 6:27 am
LONDON - Tennis fans going to Wimbledon this year can leave their selfie sticks at home.
- Garcia-Lopez wins Nastase Tiriac Trophy Updated: Apr-26-15 11:12 am
- Nishikori beats Klizan to return to Barcelona Open final Updated: Apr-25-15 9:09 am
- Martina Navratilova done as Agnieszka Radwanska's coach Updated: Apr-24-15 5:15 pm
Martina Navratilova's brief stint as coach of 2012 Wimbledon runner-up Agnieszka Radwanska is finished.
- Halep, Wozniacki to meet in Porsche Grand Prix semifinals Updated: Apr-24-15 11:57 am
- Queen's to host Britain-France Davis Cup quarterfinal Updated: Apr-21-15 6:57 am
LONDON - Britain has chosen to play its Davis Cup quarterfinal series against France on grass at the Queen's Club.
- Nadal aims to progress as far as possible in Barcelona Open Updated: Apr-20-15 11:29 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafael Nadal is fully focused on progressing as far as possible in this week's Barcelona Open, which he refers to as his home tournament.
- AP's European week in photos Updated: Apr-20-15 9:42 am
The image of Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez celebrating a goal at Wembley is perfectly juxtaposed against the background of horrified Reading supporters at the FA Cup semifinal. In a gentler image, cyclists in the Amstel Gold race in The Netherlands rush past a tree in spring bloom.
- Serena Williams has a solution to liven up Fed Cup Updated: Apr-20-15 6:50 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Seeing Serena Williams play three matches over two days in Fed Cup was a rare treat over the weekend.
- Davis Cup final may be played at neutral venue Updated: Apr-19-15 6:44 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The International Tennis Federation is considering playing future Davis Cup finals at a neutral venue.
- Teliana Pereira wins Claro Open Colsanitas Updated: Apr-19-15 5:28 pm
- Fed Cup: Hingis loses again but Switzerland beats Poland 3-2 Updated: Apr-19-15 3:37 pm
ZIELONA GORA, Poland - Five-time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis lost both her singles matches but finished on the winning team as Switzerland beat Poland 3-2 Sunday in a Fed Cup World Group playoff.
- Serena Williams at Fed Cup: 'Today was a big eye opener' Updated: Apr-19-15 1:20 pm
BRINDISI, Italy - Serena Williams thought she was ready for the clay-court season.