- Vinci and Knapp to meet in Nuremberg Cup final Updated: May-22-15 9:32 am
- Nadal could face Djokovic in French Open quarterfinals Updated: May-22-15 7:56 am
PARIS - Rafael Nadal could face top-ranked Novak Djokovic in the French Open quarterfinals, the toughest draw the nine-time champion has faced at Roland Garros.
- No. 6 Raonic of Canada out of French Open after foot surgery Updated: May-21-15 4:16 pm
PARIS - Sixth-ranked Milos Raonic will miss the French Open after having surgery on his right foot.
- Arnaboldi wins epic qualifying match at French Open Updated: May-21-15 4:06 pm
PARIS - Andrea Arnaboldi needed two days and spent four hours and 26 minutes on court to win the qualifying match featuring the most number of games in the history of the French Open on Thursday.
- Grand Slam champions Wawrinka, Cilic lose at Geneva Open Updated: May-21-15 3:44 pm
GENEVA - Grand Slam title winners Stan Wawrinka and Marin Cilic were beaten in the Geneva Open quarterfinals by unseeded opponents on Thursday.
- Top seed Keys withdraws from Strasbourg; Stephens into semis Updated: May-21-15 2:52 pm
- Isner reaches Open de Nice semifinals; Gulbis goes out Updated: May-21-15 2:17 pm
- 2014 French Open doubles champ Julien Benneteau withdraws Updated: May-21-15 2:00 pm
PARIS - Reigning French Open men's doubles champion Julien Benneteau is pulling out of this year's tournament because he has not fully recovered from a sports hernia.
- Vandy tops defending champ UCLA for women's tennis title Updated: May-20-15 12:41 am
WACO, Texas - Vanderbilt was two points from its first NCAA women's team tennis title on one court when a UCLA rally shifted the focus to Astra Sharma three courts away.
- Virginia takes 2nd NCAA men's team tennis title in 3 years Updated: May-19-15 7:40 pm
WACO, Texas - Virginia's Mitchell Frank has played the deciding match for a national championship before, and with much more urgency than the Cavaliers faced in pursuit of their second NCAA men's team tennis title.
- Hewitt still on bail after South African sentence for rape Updated: May-19-15 7:16 am
PRETORIA, South Africa - A South African judge on Tuesday extended the bail of retired doubles tennis champion Bob Hewitt, who intends to appeal his conviction for raping and sexually assaulting minors in the 1980s and 1990s.
- It's a winner: When tennis and fashion collide in Paris Updated: May-18-15 10:19 am
PARIS - Well before Andre Agassi caused a stir with his stone-washed denim shorts at the French Open, the clay courts at Roland Garros were a sporting catwalk for fashion experimentation.
- Djokovic beats Federer for Rome title; Sharapova also wins Updated: May-17-15 2:20 pm
ROME - Top-ranked Novak Djokovic bolstered his clay-court credentials a week ahead of Roland Garros with a convincing 6-4, 6-3 win over Roger Federer on Sunday to capture his fourth Italian Open title.
- Organizers want to move Italian Open to new location in Rome Updated: May-17-15 2:18 pm
ROME - Running out of room and with ticket demand soaring, local organizers want to move the Italian Open from its historic Foro Italico venue to a new location near Rome's main airport.
- Tennis hall uses $3M museum makeover to detail game's impact Updated: May-17-15 11:17 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame is using a $3 million makeover to highlight the game's influence on pop culture and social issues, with snazzy new displays and iconic memorabilia highlighting moments that transcended the sport.
- Chinese tennis player Li Na's life story to become a film Updated: May-16-15 11:51 am
CANNES, France - Chinese filmmaker Peter Ho-Sun Chan is making a movie about Li Na, the country's biggest tennis star.
- Serena Williams withdraws from Rome with elbow injury Updated: May-14-15 10:15 am
ROME - Trying not to make the same mistake as last year and let an injury affect her chances at Roland Garros, top-ranked Serena Williams withdrew from the Italian Open on Thursday with a right elbow problem.
- Citing fatigue, Andy Murray withdraws from Italian Open Updated: May-14-15 9:44 am
ROME - Fatigue from consecutive clay-court titles prompted Andy Murray to withdraw from the Italian Open on Thursday before his third-round match against Belgian opponent David Goffin.
- John McEnroe signs on for Connecticut Open legends event Updated: May-13-15 11:30 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The Connecticut Open women's tennis tournament is bringing back men's exhibition matches for the second consecutive year as a way to increase attendance.
- Despite fatigue, Murray decides to play Italian Open Updated: May-12-15 12:38 pm
ROME - Andy Murray has decided to play the Italian Open, fighting off fatigue after winning consecutive clay-court titles.
- Nadal: 'Obviously today I'm not as good as I (was)' Updated: May-12-15 11:33 am
ROME - After a decade at or near the top of tennis, Rafael Nadal can accept that he's no longer dominating.
- Roger Federer hologram to debut at tennis museum re-opening Updated: May-11-15 2:47 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The International Tennis Hall of Fame museum has announced it will re-open next week with new technology, including a hologram of 17-time champion Roger Federer.
- Nadal drops out top 5 for first time in 10 years Updated: May-11-15 8:21 am
PARIS - Rafael Nadal dropped out of the top five in the ATP rankings for the first time in 10 years on Monday after failing to defend his title at the Madrid Masters.
- New York teen Chirico earns USTA's French Open wild card Updated: May-10-15 4:53 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Louisa Chirico, an 18-year-old from Harrison, New York, earned a chance to make her Grand Slam main-draw debut at the French Open by claiming a wild-card berth via the U.S. Tennis Association.
- Murray beats Nadal 6-3, 6-2 to win the Madrid Open final Updated: May-10-15 4:32 pm
MADRID - Andy Murray beat Rafael Nadal on clay for the first time Sunday, dominating the Madrid Open final to win 6-3, 6-2 against the four-time champion.