- Nadal sets up Hamburg Open final against Fognini Updated: Aug-01-15 11:41 am
HAMBURG, Germany - Top-seeded Rafael Nadal dismissed Andreas Seppi 6-1, 6-2 to set up a Hamburg Open final against Fabio Fognini.
- Tig, Gasparyan reach 1st WTA final in Baku Updated: Aug-01-15 11:27 am
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Patricia Maria Tig of Romania and Margarita Gasparyan of Russia both reached their first career WTA final Saturday after upsetting the two top-seeded players at the Baku Cup.
- Bouchard out of Washington even, citing abdominal injury Updated: Jul-31-15 9:41 pm
WASHINGTON - Eugenie Bouchard has pulled out of next week's Citi Open hard-court tennis tournament, citing an abdominal injury.
- Top-seeded Goffin advances to Swiss Open semifinals Updated: Jul-31-15 6:27 pm
GSTAAD, Switzerland - Top-seeded David Goffin of Belgium advanced to the Swiss Open semifinals Friday, beating sixth-seeded Joao Sousa of Portugal 6-7 (7), 6-4, 7-6 (1).
- Serena Williams withdraws from Bank of West with hurt elbow Updated: Jul-31-15 4:44 pm
STANFORD, California - World No. 1 Serena Williams has withdrawn from the upcoming Bank of the West Classic because of an elbow injury she says must get "back to 100 percent."
- Winthrop tennis coach resigns due to immigration issues Updated: Jul-31-15 1:26 pm
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Winthrop men's tennis coach Sergey Belov has resigned because of what the school said were issues with his immigration status.
- 2-time defending champ John Isner advances in Atlanta Open Updated: Jul-30-15 10:18 pm
ATLANTA - Two-time defending champion John Isner beat Radek Stepanek 7-6 (3), 7-6 (7) on Thursday night in his opening match in the Atlanta Open.
- Azarenka pulls out of Citi Open hard-court tournament in DC Updated: Jul-30-15 7:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Former No. 1 and two-time major champion Victoria Azarenka has pulled out of next week's Citi Open hard-court tournament because of an injured right shoulder.
- Roger Federer pulls out of Montreal tournament Updated: Jul-29-15 6:27 pm
MONTREAL - Roger Federer pulled out of next month's Rogers Cup hard-court tournament on Wednesday.
- Tsurenko beats Radwanska to win Istanbul Cup Updated: Jul-26-15 7:03 pm
ISTANBUL - Lesia Tsurenko won her first WTA Tour title on Sunday after beating Urszula Radwanska in the final of the Istanbul Cup.
- Tomic tops Mannarino to win Claro Open for 2nd straight year Updated: Jul-26-15 6:41 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Bernard Tomic of Australia defeated Frenchman Adrian Mannarino 6-1, 3-6, 6-2 to win the Claro Open for the second consecutive year on Sunday.
- Paire takes first ATP title with win over Robredo at Bastad Updated: Jul-26-15 4:03 pm
BASTAD, Sweden - Benoit Paire of France won his first ATP title on Sunday after beating Spain's Tommy Robredo 7-6 (9-7), 6-3, in the men's final at the Swedish Open.
- Stosur beats Knapp in 3 sets to win Gastein Ladies Updated: Jul-26-15 12:30 pm
BAD GASTEIN, Austria - Samantha Stosur rallied to defeat third-seeded Karin Knapp of Italy 3-6, 7-6 (3), 6-2 in the final of the Gastein Ladies on Sunday.
- Thiem and Sousa reach Croatia Open final Updated: Jul-25-15 5:20 pm
UMAG, Croatia - Dominik Thiem of Austria and Joao Sousa of Portugal came from a set down to reach the Croatia Open final on Saturday.
- Federer, Wawrinka return for Switzerland in Davis Cup Updated: Jul-24-15 8:32 am
BERN, Switzerland - Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka will play for Switzerland in the Davis Cup playoffs against the Netherlands.
- Gabby Douglas right on schedule for golden return Updated: Jul-24-15 2:54 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Gabby Douglas is exasperated. Again and again and again the defending women's Olympic all-around champion emphatically slaps her right hand on one of the picnic tables that sit just past the front desk at Buckeye Gymnastics, the latest home in her nomadic career.
- Mardy Fish says US Open to be last tournament of career Updated: Jul-22-15 7:37 pm
NEW YORK - Former top-10 player Mardy Fish says the U.S. Open will be the last tennis tournament of his career.
- John McEnroe says end of competitive tennis near for him Updated: Jul-21-15 3:30 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - John McEnroe says he's almost done playing competitive tennis.
- US going to Uzbekistan in Davis Cup playoffs, Swiss vs Dutch Updated: Jul-21-15 7:05 am
LONDON - The United States will travel to Uzbekistan for the first time among some tough away trips in the Davis Cup World Group playoffs in September.
- Serena Williams out of World TeamTennis Updated: Jul-20-15 7:18 pm
WASHINGTON - With the Grand Slam in sight, Serena Williams is not going to risk playing World TeamTennis.
- Roger Federer visits Malawi for charity work Updated: Jul-20-15 2:13 pm
JOHANNESBURG - It's a long way from Centre Court at Wimbledon for Roger Federer, who has opened a preschool in impoverished Malawi as part of his charity work.
- Davis Cup: Argentina finishes with 4-1 win over Serbia Updated: Jul-19-15 7:45 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Dusan Lajovic beat Diego Schwartzman 6-1, 6-4 to help Serbia avoid a clean sweep to Argentina in the Davis Cup quarterfinals on Sunday.
- Britain faces Australia, Argentina gets Belgium in Davis Cup Updated: Jul-19-15 6:47 pm
LONDON - A tearful Andy Murray celebrated taking Britain to its first Davis Cup semifinal for more than three decades on Sunday, sealing an emotional 3-1 victory over France to line up a home series against Australia.
- Rajeev Ram wins grass-count event at Newport - again Updated: Jul-19-15 6:02 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Rajeev Ram knew it was the shot of the match.
- Murray beats Simon to put Britain in Davis Cup semifinals Updated: Jul-19-15 1:45 pm
LONDON - Andy Murray came from a set down to beat France's Gilles Simon 4-6, 7-6 (5), 6-3, 6-0 on Sunday and put Britain into the Davis Cup semifinals for the first time in 34 years.