- Top-seeded Bautista-Agut reaches semifinals at Sofia Open Updated: Feb-05-16 2:57 pm
SOFIA, Bulgaria - Top-seeded Roberto Bautista Agut advanced to the semifinals of the Sofia Open by beating eighth-seeded Adrian Mannarino 6-4, 6-3 Friday.
- German teen Zverev reaches Open Sud de France semifinals Updated: Feb-05-16 1:58 pm
MONTPELLIER, France - Teenager Alexander Zverev beat Michael Berrer 6-7 (2), 6-2, 7-5 in an all-German match to reach the Open Sud de France semifinals on Friday.
- Wozniacki to be Denmark's flag-bearer at Olympics in Rio Updated: Feb-05-16 12:43 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former top-ranked tennis player Caroline Wozniacki has been chosen to be Denmark's flag-bearer at the opening ceremony of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Halep delays nose op to play title-holding Czechs in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-05-16 11:58 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Simona Halep postponed a nose operation so she can play for Romania against the defending champion Czech Republic in the first round of the Fed Cup this weekend.
- Kerber playing on 1st day for Germany against Switzerland Updated: Feb-05-16 8:25 am
LEIPZIG, Germany - Australian Open champion Angelique Kerber will play on the opening day of Germany's Fed Cup first-round tie against Switzerland on Saturday.
- Mladenovic to open against Giorgi in Fed Cup 1st round Updated: Feb-05-16 8:08 am
MARSEILLE, France - Kristina Mladenovic will open against Camila Giorgi when France meets Italy in the first round of the Fed Cup on Saturday.
- Sharapova playing doubles not singles in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-05-16 7:54 am
MOSCOW - Maria Sharapova was passed over for the singles and scheduled to play doubles for Russia against the Netherlands in their Fed Cup first-round tie starting on Saturday.
- Del Potro returning after wrist surgery, long layoff Updated: Feb-03-16 4:19 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Juan Martin del Potro says he will make a comeback from his latest injury this month at the Delray Beach Open.
- Brazil's Bellucci reaches quarterfinals in Ecuador Updated: Feb-03-16 4:05 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Third-seeded Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil defeated Albert Montanes of Spain 6-2, 6-4 to reach the quarterfinals of the Ecuador Open on Wednesday.
- Roger Federer has knee surgery, will skip 2 tournaments Updated: Feb-03-16 8:18 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Roger Federer has had knee surgery and will miss tournaments in Rotterdam and Dubai this month.
- Hingis, Mirza win Australian Open doubles title Updated: Jan-29-16 3:21 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza maintained their perfect record in Grand Slam doubles finals, beating the Czech pair of Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka 7-6 (1), 6-3 at the Australian Open on Friday to extend their winning streak to 36 matches on the way to a third major title.
- Bulls top Lakers 114-91 in Pau's last Staples date with Kobe Updated: Jan-29-16 2:05 am
LOS ANGELES - During seven seasons together with the Lakers, Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant formed a bond that won't be broken by separation or retirement.
- True or not, match-fixing reports overshadow Australian Open Updated: Jan-28-16 7:44 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The "Happy Slam" got off to a somber start when allegations of match-fixing in tennis overshadowed the opening day of play at the Australian Open.
- Djokovic, Williams win Australian Open semifinals Updated: Jan-28-16 7:35 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Like Serena Williams before him, Novak Djokovic moved into another Australian Open championship decider with a relatively untroubled semifinal win.
- Williams reaches 7th Australian Open final in dominant form Updated: Jan-28-16 6:38 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - When Serena Williams plays as well as she did in the semifinals of the Australian Open, there's little an opponent can do to challenge her. Even one who's soon to be ranked No. 3 in the world, just two places behind her.
- Konta made British history in Australia, heads home proud Updated: Jan-28-16 6:25 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The extent of what she accomplished at the Australian Open hasn't fully sunk in, but Johanna Konta expects it will when she returns home to England.
- The Latest: Djokovic beats Federer to reach Australian final Updated: Jan-28-16 6:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The Latest from the Australian Open on Thursday (all times local):
- Orange County Breakers return to TeamTennis this summer Updated: Jan-27-16 6:12 pm
NEWPORT BEACH, California - The Orange County Breakers are returning to World TeamTennis this summer with a permanent outdoor home court at Newport Beach Tennis Club.
- Sinclair Broadcast Group acquires Tennis Channel Updated: Jan-27-16 4:54 pm
BALTIMORE - Sinclair Broadcast Group is acquiring Tennis Channel.
- Serena and Venus Williams to compete at Indian Wells tourney Updated: Jan-27-16 4:28 pm
INDIAN WELLS, California - Serena Williams will be joined by big sister Venus in the women's field for the BNP Paribas Open in March, a year after Serena returned to the desert tournament in an end to her 14-year boycott.
- Ouachita picked to win Great American tennis crown Updated: Jan-27-16 3:47 pm
RUSSELLVILLE, Arkansas - Tennis coaches in the Great American Conference have picked four-time GAC tournament champion Ouachita to win the league's men's title this season.
- Venus Williams, not Serena, on US Fed Cup team vs. Poland Updated: Jan-27-16 12:01 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Venus Williams and Sloane Stephens will lead the U.S. Fed Cup team against Poland next month - but Williams' sister Serena is not on the roster.
- Sharapova in Russia Fed Cup squad despite Olympic dispute Updated: Jan-27-16 9:55 am
MOSCOW - Maria Sharapova was named Wednesday in Russia's team for its Fed Cup match against the Netherlands despite a dispute with the national federation over her Olympic eligibility.
- Johanna Konta makes name for herself at Australian Open Updated: Jan-27-16 5:37 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Meet the female Jason Bourne.
- Tennis to review integrity unit to restore public confidence Updated: Jan-27-16 5:19 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Tennis leaders are taking steps at damage control as they grapple with allegations of match-fixing in recent media reports, which have cast a shadow over the first Grand Slam of the year and shaken confidence in the integrity of the sport.