- Feeling 'tight,' Serena Williams moves forward in Slam bid Updated: Sep-02-15 11:57 pm
NEW YORK - The enormity of what is at stake for Serena Williams at the U.S. Open - the first true Grand Slam in tennis in more than a quarter of a century - hit her Wednesday.
- Latest on US Open: Nadal wins in straight sets in 2nd round Updated: Sep-02-15 7:13 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Djokovic to play Nadal in exhibition match in Thailand Updated: Sep-02-15 3:41 am
BANGKOK, Thailand - The world's top-ranked player Novak Djokovic will play an exhibition match against longstanding rival Rafael Nadal in Thailand next month.
- Family Circle Cup becomes Volvo Cars Open Updated: Sep-01-15 5:48 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - South Carolina's longtime Women's Tennis Association event is getting a new name.
- Dealing with anxiety disorder, Fish wins in US Open return Updated: Aug-31-15 7:56 pm
NEW YORK - This, Mardy Fish said afterward, is what ran through his mind during his first U.S. Open match in three years - and the first match of his last tournament as a tennis pro: "I'm going to be OK. Everything's going to be OK. You're going to be fine."
- Under new TV contract, US Open returns to Sunday men's final Updated: Aug-30-15 6:31 pm
NEW YORK - For the first time since 2007, the U.S. Open men's final could be played on a Sunday.
- Maria Sharapova pulls out of US Open for 2nd time in 3 years Updated: Aug-30-15 6:03 pm
Maria Sharapova pulled out of the U.S. Open for the second time in three years Sunday, withdrawing on the eve of the tournament because of a lingering right leg injury.
- Even No. 2 Halep rooting for Serena to win US Open Updated: Aug-29-15 4:18 pm
NEW YORK - The No. 2 women's tennis player in the world hopes Serena Williams wins the U.S. Open.
- Petra Kvitova Lucie Safarova advance to New Haven final Updated: Aug-28-15 10:32 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Second-seeded Petra Kvitova beat third-seeded Caroline Wozniacki 7-5, 6-1 on Friday night to reach the Connecticut Open final for the fourth consecutive year.
- After restful summer, Federer in the swing heading into Open Updated: Aug-28-15 8:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Roger Federer isn't in such a rush anymore. He's doing things his way and taking time to savor each moment.
- Herbert advances to Winston-Salem final Updated: Aug-28-15 5:29 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - French qualifier Pierre-Hughes Herbert advanced to the Winston-Salem Open final, beating 13th-seeded Steve Johnson of the U.S. 3-6, 7-6 (5), 6-2 on Friday.
- US Open fans get break from sun, but not yet rain, in Ashe Updated: Aug-28-15 2:45 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. Open spectators must wait out rain delays at Arthur Ashe Stadium for one more year. In the meantime, they're getting a break from Mother Nature in a very different way: shade from the blazing sun.
- US Open women's final sells out before men's final Updated: Aug-28-15 11:24 am
NEW YORK - With Serena Williams on the verge of making history, the U.S. Open women's final has sold out before the men's title match.
- Struggling Bouchard gets help from Connors ahead of US Open Updated: Aug-27-15 8:41 pm
NEW YORK - Eugenie Bouchard is getting a little help from Jimmy Connors ahead of the U.S. Open.
- Serena Williams could face Sharapova in US Open semifinal Updated: Aug-27-15 4:57 pm
NEW YORK - Serena Williams could play an All-American U.S. Open.
- Robby Ginepri, '05 US Open semifinalist, retires from tennis Updated: Aug-27-15 2:27 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - Robby Ginepri, a semifinalist at the 2005 U.S. Open, has retired after 14 years on the ATP World Tour.
- Tennis' Djokovic has new title - UNICEF goodwill ambassador Updated: Aug-27-15 12:52 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Top-ranked tennis star Novak Djokovic has a new title - goodwill ambassador for the U.N. children's agency, UNICEF.
- Serena Williams shrugs off US Open jitters for karaoke Updated: Aug-26-15 11:53 pm
NEW YORK - Serena Williams is trying to ignore "the elephant in the room" ahead of the U.S. Open.
- US OPEN 2015: 3 years after withdrawal, Mardy Fish returns Updated: Aug-26-15 12:03 pm
For Mardy Fish, it was supposed to mark a high point in his tennis career. Instead, Sept. 3, 2012, stands out as one of the most difficult days of his life.
- US OPEN 2015: Back on court, Duval still a winner in NYC Updated: Aug-25-15 10:28 pm
NEW YORK - Vicky Duval suspects tennis' locker rooms were a bit too quiet without her.
- US OPEN 2015: Nadal says his struggles are on him, not team Updated: Aug-25-15 8:57 pm
NEW YORK - Rafael Nadal has won 14 Grand Slam titles while coached by his uncle.
- Serena Williams, Novak Djokovic are US Open top seeds Updated: Aug-25-15 6:02 pm
NEW YORK - Top-ranked Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic are seeded No. 1 for the U.S. Open.
- Nick Kyrgios fined, suspended for comments to Wawrinka Updated: Aug-24-15 1:48 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Nick Kyrgios was suspended for 28 days from any ATP-sanctioned event and fined an additional $25,000 on Monday for his comments to Stan Wawrinka at the Rogers Cup in Montreal.
- US OPEN 2015: Cilic, Nishikori return to breakthrough site Updated: Aug-24-15 10:39 am
A year ago, Marin Cilic and Kei Nishikori arrived at the U.S. Open to little fanfare and without much in the way of expectations.
- Sharapova brings 'serious' tennis event to LA in December Updated: Aug-24-15 3:23 am
Maria Sharapova is bringing top-level tennis back to the Los Angeles area.