- Impact of Chicago Marathon felt from now to Sunday event Updated: Oct-08-15 5:06 am
CHICAGO - The impact of the Chicago Marathon will be increasingly felt from now until the big event Sunday.
- WADA keeps thyroid medication off banned-substances list Updated: Oct-07-15 4:52 pm
MONTREAL - Leaders at the World Anti-Doping Agency say there's no scientific reason to ban thyroid medication, despite reports that some high-profile long-distance runners use the medicine during training.
- Ethan Hawke to run NYC Marathon with wife for charity Updated: Oct-07-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Actor Ethan Hawke will run his first marathon next month to raise money for charity.
- Former coach of banned runner Jeptoo has contract terminated Updated: Oct-05-15 9:49 am
NAIROBI, Kenya - The former coach of banned marathon runner Rita Jeptoo has had his contract terminated by his employers after another Kenyan under his control failed a doping test.
- Justices reject appeal from Jim Thorpe's sons over reburial Updated: Oct-05-15 9:36 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has rejected an appeal from Indian tribes and Jim Thorpe's sons to move the remains of the athletic great from Pennsylvania to Oklahoma.
- 'Great day in my life': Spike Lee is marathon grand marshal Updated: Oct-05-15 9:28 am
NEW YORK - He's a noted filmmaker, a teacher, an honorary Oscar winner, a crazy New York sports fan and now this: Spike Lee is the next grand marshal of the New York City Marathon.
- Gov. Mead supportive of money for UW athletics Updated: Sep-30-15 1:44 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Despite dire budget forecasts, Gov. Matt Mead said he supports continuing a state program that matches dollar-for-dollar contributions of up to $5 million to University of Wyoming athletics.
- Boston Marathon registration full; 24,032 runners accepted Updated: Sep-30-15 11:46 am
BOSTON - Running a qualifying time for the Boston Marathon wasn't enough again this year.
- US Track team adds $9 million more to athlete funding Updated: Sep-28-15 11:14 am
Leaders of the U.S. track team designed a formula to distribute an extra $9 million in cash to top athletes and also took steps to clarify language in a much-debated form that runner Nick Symmonds refused to sign before this year's world championships.
- Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya wins Berlin Marathon Updated: Sep-27-15 5:26 am
BERLIN - Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya won the Berlin Marathon on Sunday in a personal best time of 2 hours, 4 minutes and 1 second.
- University unveils sculpture of youngest marathon victim Updated: Sep-26-15 3:18 pm
BRIDGEWATER, Massachusetts - A life-size sculpture of the youngest victim of the Boston Marathon bombings has been unveiled at Bridgewater State University.
- Ohio man plans to jump rope Akron marathon for world record Updated: Sep-25-15 9:04 am
AKRON, Ohio - An Ohio runner plans to jump rope the Akron marathon in his quest for a Guinness world record.
- Top runners targeting world record in Berlin Marathon Updated: Sep-25-15 7:43 am
BERLIN - With favorable weather conditions forecast for the Berlin Marathon on Sunday, there will be a handful of runners targeting another world record on the fast course.
- 6 Russian race walkers suspended over positive drug tests Updated: Sep-22-15 12:29 pm
MOSCOW - Six world-class Russian race walkers including a reigning European champion have been suspended after failing doping tests a year before the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- 34-year-old American woman dies in Montreal marathon Updated: Sep-20-15 7:15 pm
MONTREAL - A 34-year-old American woman died after collapsing during the Montreal marathon.
- UK Athletics clears Farah to continue working with Salazar Updated: Sep-18-15 5:24 am
LONDON - British track and field's governing body says there is "no reason to be concerned" about Mo Farah or other British athletes working with American coach Alberto Salazar.
- Lincoln high school teacher, cross country coach dies at 38 Updated: Sep-17-15 6:44 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln East High School teacher and cross country coach who battled cancer for nearly six years has died at the age of 38.
- Belarusian hammer thrower Krivitsky banned for doping Updated: Sep-17-15 4:33 am
MOSCOW - Belarusian hammer thrower Pavel Krivitsky, the fourth-place finisher at last year's European championships, has been banned for four years for doping.
- Mary Keitany of Kenya to defend NYC Marathon title Updated: Sep-16-15 10:41 am
NEW YORK - Mary Keitany of Kenya will defend her title at the New York City Marathon in November.
- Cumberland University adds men's and women's outdoor track Updated: Sep-15-15 3:37 pm
LEBANON, Tennessee - Cumberland University is adding men's and women's outdoor track and field programs in the 2016-17 school year.
- Oklahoma State track and field hires throwing coach Updated: Sep-15-15 1:49 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma State track and field program has hired former NCAA hammer throw champion Lucais Mackay to coach the men's and women's throwers.
- WADA issues list of disqualified athlete support personnel Updated: Sep-15-15 9:57 am
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has published a list of 114 support staff with "disqualifying status," giving athletes advance notice of some people to avoid when they're considering coaches, trainers or medical consultants.
- Group renames race St. Jude Rock 'n' Roll Nashville marathon Updated: Sep-15-15 3:31 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The race known as the Country Music Marathon has a new name for 2016, rebranding itself as the St. Jude Rock 'n' Roll Nashville Marathon and ½ Marathon.
- Registration opens for the 2016 Boston Marathon Updated: Sep-14-15 2:12 pm
BOSTON - The long road to the 2016 Boston Marathon is underway.
- Charity named for young Boston bombing victim urges service Updated: Sep-14-15 12:03 pm
BOSTON - One of the most enduring images in the aftermath of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing was a photo of young victim Martin Richard holding a sign that said, "No more hurting people. Peace."