- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security Updated: Apr-21-14 2:12 am
- Red Sox rally for 6-5 win over O's Updated: Apr-20-14 11:51 pm
- Red Sox remember Boston Marathon victims Updated: Apr-20-14 8:17 pm
- On eve of marathon, festivities and tight security Updated: Apr-20-14 7:20 pm
- Minnesota runners head to Boston in unity, tribute Updated: Apr-20-14 6:37 pm
- Boston race makes room for those affected by bombs Updated: Apr-20-14 6:30 pm
- Runners blessed at Boston church on marathon's eve Updated: Apr-20-14 3:44 pm
- Chicagoan to run 35th straight Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-20-14 2:10 pm
- Officials say security tight for Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-20-14 11:28 am
- Eaton fourth in 400 hurdles at Mt SAC Relays Updated: Apr-19-14 10:03 pm
- Kansas wins 8 of 20 track events at Relays Updated: Apr-19-14 8:34 pm
- Dejen Gebremeskel defends title at BAA 5K Updated: Apr-19-14 7:26 pm
- Tadesee wins Kentucky Derby Marathon Updated: Apr-19-14 4:51 pm
- Komon, Gesabwa win Crescent City Classic 10K Updated: Apr-19-14 4:39 pm
- A year later, North Dakotans return to Boston Updated: Apr-19-14 4:10 pm
- Governor: Closing Boston amid bomber hunt 'tough' Updated: Apr-19-14 1:07 pm
- Falmouth nurse inspired to run Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-19-14 11:55 am
- Arkansas' Scott breaks 5,000-meter school record Updated: Apr-19-14 11:42 am
- Survivors keep busy as Boston Marathon approaches Updated: Apr-18-14 10:18 pm
- Ortiz wants to visit Marathon finish line Monday Updated: Apr-18-14 8:56 pm
- Correction: Boston Marathon-Field story Updated: Apr-18-14 2:04 pm
- Panhandle school bus driver dies in crash Updated: Apr-18-14 1:46 pm
- MIT honors officer slain after bombs went off Updated: Apr-18-14 1:12 pm
- Patrick signs law creating 'Boston Strong' plate Updated: Apr-18-14 12:19 pm
- Wedding bells ring for Boston Marathon survivor Updated: Apr-17-14 8:34 pm
BOSTON - For years, state and local officials have conducted a "tabletop exercise" before the Boston Marathon, a meeting that allows them to study a map of the 26.2-mile course from Hopkinton to Boston's Copley Square and plan for emergencies that could arise during the race.
BOSTON - Dustin Pedroia started fast, stopped and then raced home with the winning run. It certainly was an adventurous way to end a game.
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox held an emotional 20-minute pregame ceremony honoring victims of the Boston Marathon bombings along with law enforcement officials, medical personnel, runners and race volunteers before Sunday night's game against the Baltimore Orioles.
BOSTON - In many ways, it felt like any other pre-marathon Sunday in Boston.
MINNEAPOLIS - More than 600 Minnesota runners will line up for the start of the Boston Marathon this year, including 212 who ran last year and say they're going back to finish what they started.
BOSTON - "I need to run."
BOSTON - Marathon runners have been blessed at a Boston church service that celebrated Easter as it also remembered the victims of last year's bomb attacks near the finish line.
CHICAGO - A 53-year-old Chicagoan's participation in Monday's Boston Marathon will be especially memorable, and not only because it will be his 35th consecutive run in one of the world's most famous road races.
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick and a congressional leader say security will be tight as thousands of runners and hundreds of thousands of spectators crowd Boston's streets for the annual Marathon.
WALNUT, California - Ashton Eaton learned the hard way that experience often trumps talent and athleticism.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The inaugural weekend hosting the Kansas Relays at Rock Chalk Park couldn't have gone much better for the Kansas Jayhawks on Saturday.
BOSTON - Dejen Gebremeskel defended his title at the B.A.A. 5K on Saturday as thousands of runners took to the streets in Boston two days before the marathon.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Birhanu Tadesee won the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon on Saturday in 2 hours, 17 minutes, 54 seconds.
NEW ORLEANS - Kenya's Leonard Patrick Komon has won the Crescent City Classic 10-kilometer road race in New Orleans.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Last year's Boston Marathon was supposed to be Chuck Allen's second and final.
BOSTON - Several days after the Boston Marathon bombing, Gov. Deval Patrick received a call in the pre-dawn hours from a top aide telling him that police officers outside the city had just engaged in a ferocious gun battle with the two men suspected of setting the bombs and that one was dead and the other had fled.
FALMOUTH, Ma. - Helen Bohnenberger of Falmouth had never run more than two miles before she began to train for Monday's Boston Marathon.
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The eighth-ranked University of Arkansas women's track and field team has shattered a school record, taken down five personal records and broken into the Southeastern Conference top-times list at the Mt. SAC Relays in California.
BOSTON - Survivors of last year's twin bombings at the Boston Marathon say they have mixed feelings as this year's race day approaches.
BOSTON - David Ortiz wants to visit the Boston Marathon finish line Monday after the Red Sox are done with their Patriots' Day game against Baltimore.
BOSTON - In a story April 17 about the Boston Marathon field, The Associated Press erroneously referred to Tom Grilk as the Boston Athletic Association president. He is the B.A.A. executive director.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Authorities say a Florida Panhandle school bus driver was killed in a crash while driving a high school track team back from a meet.
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Like many other youngsters, Sean Collier wanted to be a police officer. Unlike most, he brought that dream to life - and then died doing it, becoming a central character in the gripping hunt for the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
BOSTON - Massachusetts drivers will soon have an opportunity to purchase a "Boston Strong" license plate.
BOSTON - An injured survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing is celebrating a personal milestone.