- USA Volleyball CEO Doug Beal to retire after 2016 Updated: Feb-02-16 1:27 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - USA Volleyball chief executive officer Doug Beal says he will retire after 2016.
- Wisconsin's Gawlik to chair women's championship committee Updated: Jan-20-16 4:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Wisconsin administrator Terry Gawlik has been chosen as the next chairwoman of the NCAA women's basketball championship committee.
- US women's volleyball team earns spot in Olympics Updated: Jan-09-16 11:26 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A few weeks back, just before Christmas and before the Americans had reconvened in California from their club teams overseas, U.S. captain Courtney Thompson sent a group email to her teammates with a clear message:
- US star Jordan Larson looks toward another Olympic chance Updated: Jan-09-16 10:47 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - As a girl in the youth organization 4-H, Jordan Larson learned all about the process of raising cattle. She and her friends grew vegetables, and Larson and a cousin would ride on the back of her father's tractor in tiny Hooper, Nebraska, and spray for weeds to protect the bean crop. Her dad would hire her in summertime to paint the barn or handle other small projects, or she'd help with seeding.
- US women's volleyball team moves closer to Olympic berth Updated: Jan-09-16 12:06 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Perhaps losing a set might have been a positive for the world No. 1 U.S. women's volleyball team.
- US women's team takes first step toward Rio Olympics berth Updated: Jan-07-16 11:25 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - On the back of an extra business card with his name on it, U.S. coach Karch Kiraly scribbled a No. 1 and tucked it in his right pocket to show his players and acknowledge a significant step toward the goal of reaching the Rio Olympics.