- Korpi wins men's halfpipe, Li Shuang takes women's Updated: Dec-13-13 2:14 pm
- Maine spokeswoman aims to qualify for Winter Games Updated: Dec-13-13 4:34 am
- Winston-Salem to host multiple NCAA championships Updated: Dec-13-13 4:08 am
- Church steps down Canadian women's hockey coach Updated: Dec-13-13 12:03 am
- DePaul women give up 11-point 1st-half lead Updated: Dec-12-13 11:23 pm
- No. 11 Colorado rolls over Denver 83-61 Updated: Dec-12-13 11:18 pm
- Harper, Evans get No. 5 Kentucky women past DePaul Updated: Dec-12-13 10:48 pm
- No. 16 Georgia scores 1st 18, beats Belmont 81-55 Updated: Dec-12-13 10:32 pm
- No. 17 Iowa State beats 21st-ranked Iowa 83-70 Updated: Dec-12-13 10:17 pm
- Tiger Woods' half-brother accused of making threat Updated: Dec-12-13 9:30 pm
- 2 Conn. officers honored for Boston Marathon help Updated: Dec-12-13 7:04 pm
- Houston Dash first expansion team in NWSL Updated: Dec-12-13 6:27 pm
- Antoine among US sliders to watch in Lake Placid Updated: Dec-12-13 6:03 pm
- Teenage LPGA star Lydia Ko signs with IMG Updated: Dec-12-13 3:36 pm
- Germany wins biathlon World Cup relay Updated: Dec-12-13 10:41 am
- Tupelo lands national softball convention Updated: Dec-12-13 4:48 am
- South Dakota St. defeats No. 12 Penn St. 83-79 Updated: Dec-11-13 10:47 pm
- UFC adds 2nd weight class for female fighters Updated: Dec-11-13 10:47 pm
- St. Louis gets wrestling, gymnastics events Updated: Dec-11-13 8:36 pm
- NCAA women's tournament back to neutral sites Updated: Dec-11-13 5:24 pm
- Vonn to skip St. Moritz, return on Dec. 21 Updated: Dec-11-13 4:42 pm
- Frozen Four to return to St. Paul for 2018 Updated: Dec-11-13 4:12 pm
- Judges hear former U.Va. lacrosse player's appeal Updated: Dec-11-13 4:08 pm
- Uhlaender racing against time in Olympic season Updated: Dec-11-13 3:45 pm
- 2015 women's hoops regionals back at neutral sites Updated: Dec-11-13 3:18 pm
KUUSAMO, Finland - Janne Korpi gave Finland a home victory in the men's halfpipe Friday at a snowboard World Cup meet in Kuusamo, while China's Li Shuang beat New Zealander Rebecca Sinclair to win the women's event.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A spokeswoman for the Maine Beer and Wine Distributors Association and a member of the U.S. Luge Team has her sights set on the Winter Games.
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Winston-Salem and the Triad will become a destination for NCAA championships in the next five years.
CALGARY, Alberta - Canadian Olympic women's hockey coach Dan Church resigned Thursday, less than two months before the start of the Sochi Games, saying he felt others lacked confidence in his ability to lead the country to a fourth consecutive gold medal.
CHICAGO - DePaul was aggressive and opportunistic for the first 19 minutes against No. 5 Kentucky.
BOULDER, Colorado - Arielle Roberson scored 22 points and grabbed 10 rebounds Thursday night and No. 11 Colorado dominated Denver 83-61 to remain unbeaten.
CHICAGO - Despite the distractions of her first visit back home, Kentucky freshman Linnae Harper still managed to be all business on Thursday.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tiaria Griffin scored 20 points on Thursday night and No. 16 Georgia returned from an 11-day layoff with no signs of rust in an easy victory over Belmont 81-55.
AMES, Iowa - Brynn Williamson scored a career-high 21 points and 17th-ranked Iowa State beat No. 21 Iowa 83-70 Thursday night for its best start in 12 years.
PHOENIX - The half-brother of golf star Tiger Woods was arrested Thursday in Phoenix for allegedly making a false bomb threat at the government building where he works.
MERIDEN, Connecticut - Two Connecticut police officers who helped victims of the Boston Marathon bombings last April were among dozens of state and local officers honored Thursday for saving lives and other brave acts.
HOUSTON - The National Women's Soccer League has announced the addition of its first expansion team - the Houston Dash.
LAKE PLACID, New York - Matt Antoine watched skeleton racing for the first time during broadcasts of the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, where Americans swept the gold medals in the headfirst sliding discipline.
CLEVELAND - Lydia Ko, who earned an exemption to join the LPGA Tour in October as a 16-year-old, has signed with management company IMG.
ANNECY, France - Germany missed just three targets and avoided penalty loops to win the women's 4x6-kilometer relay at a biathlon World Cup event Thursday.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo has won a bid to host a national softball convention in 2014.
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - Megan Waytashek and Steph Paluch scored 18 points apiece as South Dakota State defeated No. 12 Penn State 83-79 despite squandering a 20-point halftime lead Wednesday night.
LOS ANGELES - The UFC is expanding its promotion of women's mixed martial arts by opening a second weight class.
ST. LOUIS - The NCAA awarded St. Louis eight championship events between 2015-18, including Division I wrestling in 2015 and 2017 and Division I women's gymnastics in 2017-18.
NEW YORK - The NCAA women's basketball regionals are going back to neutral sites.
Mapping out her Olympics preparation after a three-race test, Lindsey Vonn will skip this weekend's World Cup stop at St. Moritz, Switzerland, and is planning to return to the circuit in a downhill at Val d'Isere, France, on Dec. 21.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota will host more Frozen Fours.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former University of Virginia lacrosse player convicted of fatally beating his ex-girlfriend asked an appeals court Wednesday for a new trial, arguing that he was denied his right to an attorney when one of his lawyers fell ill during his trial.
LAKE PLACID, New York - This was supposed to be Katie Uhlaender's season of Olympic redemption. And it still might end up that way.
The NCAA women's basketball championship committee announced Wednesday the neutral sites of Oklahoma City, Sacramento, Greensboro and Albany will host the 2015 regionals.