- The Latest: Decathlete Hardee out of worlds with back injury Updated: Aug-28-15 4:41 am
BEIJING - The Latest from the IAAF world championships (all times local):
- China gets 1-2 in sporting finish to 20K walk at worlds Updated: Aug-28-15 1:29 am
BEIJING - With China's first gold of the world championships virtually assured, the only thing for teammates Liu Hong and Lu Xiuzhi to decide was who should win it.
- Eaton is back, and immediately he leads decathlon at worlds Updated: Aug-28-15 1:11 am
BEIJING - After a two-year absence, Ashton Eaton needed only 10.23 seconds to establish himself again as the favorite to win the decathlon at the world championships.
- Alex Morgan hopes last injury was the last Updated: Aug-27-15 10:35 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Alex Morgan hopes she's emerging from her last injury layoff for a while.
- Defending champion Kvitova advances in Connecticut Open Updated: Aug-27-15 10:14 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Second-seeded defending champion Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic beat seventh-seeded Agnieska Radwanska of Poland 7-5, 6-4 on Thurday night to reach the Connecticut Open semifinals.
- Mitchell hits 3-pointer at buzzer, Mercury rally past Sun Updated: Aug-27-15 9:43 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Leilani Mitchell hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to give the Phoenix Mercury an 81-80 victory over Connecticut on Thursday night, extending the Sun's losing streak to six games.
- Struggling Bouchard gets help from Connors ahead of US Open Updated: Aug-27-15 8:41 pm
NEW YORK - Eugenie Bouchard is getting a little help from Jimmy Connors ahead of the U.S. Open.
- Brittany Lang leads LPGA Tour event in Alabama Updated: Aug-27-15 8:19 pm
PRATTVILLE, Alabama - Brittany Lang birdied five of the first seven holes in windy conditions and shot a 7-under 65 on Thursday to take the first-round lead in the Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic.
- Stephanie Ready becomes full-time female NBA game analyst Updated: Aug-27-15 6:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - FOX Sports Southeast has promoted Stephanie Ready to NBA game analyst covering the Charlotte Hornets.
- Los Angeles Marathon gets new sponsor Updated: Aug-27-15 5:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Marathon has a new sponsor.
- ACC trio looking for championships in SEC with Gamecocks Updated: Aug-27-15 5:29 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Coach Dawn Staley has built South Carolina to compete for national championships. And some of the very best players in the Atlantic Coast Conference have signed on for the run.
- Serena Williams could face Sharapova in US Open semifinal Updated: Aug-27-15 4:57 pm
NEW YORK - Serena Williams could play an All-American U.S. Open.
- Star ski jumper Sarah Hendrickson out for season Updated: Aug-27-15 3:30 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Champion ski jumper Sarah Hendrickson is out for the season following knee surgery.
- Ashton Eaton begins defense of decathlon title at worlds Updated: Aug-27-15 3:15 pm
BEIJING - Ashton Eaton is in good shape, maybe even his best shape in quite a while. Mentally, he's as strong as ever, too.
- Americans add 2 golds at worlds from Felix and Taylor Updated: Aug-27-15 1:41 pm
BEIJING - Allyson Felix and Christian Taylor were out of their comfort zones at the world championships.
- Tennis' Djokovic has new title - UNICEF goodwill ambassador Updated: Aug-27-15 12:52 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Top-ranked tennis star Novak Djokovic has a new title - goodwill ambassador for the U.N. children's agency, UNICEF.
- Wlodarczyk's record win gives Poland hammer throw sweep Updated: Aug-27-15 12:42 pm
BEIJING - The more Anita Wlodarczyk has accomplished in her hammer throwing career, the more she has learned to keep her celebrations relatively restrained.
- US beats Algeria to sit 2nd at women's volleyball World Cup Updated: Aug-27-15 10:41 am
MATSUMOTO, Japan - The United States moved into the second place at the women's volleyball World Cup by overwhelming Algeria 25-7, 25-2, 25-5 Thursday to keep within a point of leader Russia after five matches.
- Serena Williams shrugs off US Open jitters for karaoke Updated: Aug-26-15 11:53 pm
NEW YORK - Serena Williams is trying to ignore "the elephant in the room" ahead of the U.S. Open.
- Dabovic, Parker lead Sparks to 3rd straight road win Updated: Aug-26-15 9:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Ana Dabovic scored nine of her 18 points in the fourth quarter, including a go-ahead basket with 6.1 seconds left, and the Los Angeles Sparks beat Indiana 81-79 on Wednesday night, snapping the Fever's six-game winning streak.
- The Associated Press to move to new NYC headquarters in 2017 Updated: Aug-26-15 7:19 pm
NEW YORK - The Associated Press plans to move its global headquarters from Manhattan's far west side to a smaller, less-expensive space adjacent to the World Trade Center site, the news cooperative's president said Wednesday.
- Bowlsby: Big 12 transfer policy will require more diligence Updated: Aug-26-15 4:54 pm
With Baylor facing scrutiny for allowing a football player with a troubled past to transfer to the school, the Big 12 is crafting a new policy that will require more diligence when looking into athletes' past disciplinary issues.
- Laurie Rinker wins LPGA T&CP National Championship Updated: Aug-26-15 4:47 pm
KISSIMMEE, Florida - Laurie Rinker won the LPGA T&CP National Championship on Wednesday, closing with a 7-under 65 for a four-stroke victory over three-time defending champion Jean Bartholomew and Karen Paolozzi.
- Colleges dedicate women's tipoff game to Lauren Hill Updated: Aug-26-15 3:15 pm
The schools that helped Lauren Hill realize her dream of scoring a basket in a college game will honor her with a season-opening event in November.
- President Obama honors 2014 WNBA champion Phoenix Mercury Updated: Aug-26-15 2:21 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is honoring the 2014 WNBA champion Phoenix Mercury for not only being outstanding players, but role models to girls.