- 4-team National Women's Hockey League set to open 1st season Updated: Oct-09-15 5:40 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The puck is set to drop for the four-team National Women's Hockey League.
- Marcel Aubut apologizes for behavior, quits law firm Updated: Oct-09-15 4:10 pm
MONTREAL - Former Canadian Olympic Committee President Marcel Aubut has apologized for his behavior amid allegations he sexually harassed several women.
- Board of Regents approve $166 million Athletes Village Updated: Oct-09-15 3:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The University of Minnesota plans to break ground next month on its $166 million Athletes Village, which will include updated practice and training facilities for football and basketball teams that officials say are necessary to keep the school competitive in the Big Ten.
- NFL Personality: CBS's Smith, only woman directing NFL games Updated: Oct-09-15 2:52 pm
NEW YORK - Suzanne Smith likes to assign a cameraperson to shoot the teams running onto the field when she directs NFL games for CBS.
- Baseball qualifying for 2020 Tokyo Games would be tricky Updated: Oct-09-15 1:25 pm
ROME - If baseball rejoins the Olympics for the 2020 Tokyo Games, just qualifying for the tournament could be a challenge.
- Djokovic extends streak to 27-0 at China Open, reaches semis Updated: Oct-09-15 11:26 am
BEIJING - Novak Djokovic extended his winning streak to 27 matches at the China Open with a 6-2, 6-2 win over John Isner on Friday to secure a place in the semifinals.
- South Korea's Ha Na Jang leads LPGA Malaysia Updated: Oct-09-15 5:13 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - South Korea's Ha Na Jang used a late three-hole birdie run to take a one-stroke lead Friday in the LPGA Malaysia.
- Lady Vols have reconstructed roster, high expectations Updated: Oct-08-15 6:41 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee believes it has the pieces in place to end its Final Four drought.
- Illinois coach wants program to reflect him after troubles Updated: Oct-08-15 6:40 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Even before now-former players accused him of running a racially hostile program, Illinois women's basketball coach Matt Bollant sensed the atmosphere in the locker room and the tone of the program needed to change.
- US women's team beats Dike Naples 86-50 Updated: Oct-08-15 6:39 pm
NAPLES, Italy - Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner scored 15 points and the U.S. women's team beat Dike Naples 86-50 on Thursday night in the third game of the Americans' European tour.
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Updated: Oct-08-15 6:30 pm
Elena Delle Donne continues to rack up honors in the WNBA.
- No football, but free admission at South Carolina events Updated: Oct-08-15 4:35 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina football fans may have lost a home game, but the school's athletic department is offering free admission, reduced concession prices and a way to donate to those affected by last weekend's devastating floods.
- Central Arkansas considers adding women's beach volleyball Updated: Oct-08-15 4:22 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - University of Central Arkansas trustees are set to consider adding women's beach volleyball as a sport.
- Killington says it will host World Cup race in 2016 Updated: Oct-08-15 1:17 pm
KILLINGTON, Vermont - Killington Resort says it will be hosting a women's World Cup giant slalom and slalom race next season.
- Shirley, Greenlief reach US Women's Mid-Amateur final Updated: Oct-07-15 8:43 pm
CHOUDRANT, Louisiana - Defending champion Margaret Shirley reached the U.S Women's Mid-Amateur final for the record third straight year, winning twice Wednesday at Squire Creek to set up a match against Lauren Greenlief.
- US women's team beats Italy 79-66 Updated: Oct-07-15 6:58 pm
ROME - Atlanta Dream star Angel McCoughtry scored 19 points to help the U.S. women's team beat Italy 79-66 on Wednesday night in the second game of the Americans' European tour.
- Ex-wrestler 'Superfly' Snuka going to trial in woman's death Updated: Oct-07-15 5:51 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Former professional wrestling star Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka will be heading to trial in the death of his mistress more than three decades ago.
- LPGA Volvik Championship set for May in Ann Arbor Updated: Oct-07-15 5:00 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - The LPGA Tour has added an event in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Eastern Kentucky University cancels classes; cites threat Updated: Oct-07-15 4:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Eastern Kentucky University canceled classes and shifted a home football game to another campus because of an escalating threat after the discovery of graffiti that threatened to "kill all" this week, school officials said Wednesday.
- OU, OSU women's players named preseason All-Big 12 Updated: Oct-07-15 1:24 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's Gabbi Ortiz and Oklahoma State's Brittney Martin have been selected to the preseason All-Big 12 women's basketball team.
- Fuming Fever ready to crank it back up in Indy for Game 3 Updated: Oct-07-15 3:37 am
- USA Luge team ready to hit ice for first time Updated: Oct-06-15 3:57 pm
LAKE PLACID, New York - The winter sports sliding venue that's home ice for the U.S. luge, bobsled, and skeleton teams opens Thursday morning, and several USA Luge athletes will take their first official runs of the season.
- Carolina Kostner says she is ready to return to competition Updated: Oct-06-15 12:00 pm
MILAN - With her suspension coming to an end, Olympic bronze medalist Carolina Kostner already has her sights set on the 2018 Games in Pyeongchang.
- Seaside football player crowned homecoming queen at halftime Updated: Oct-06-15 7:31 am
SEASIDE, Oregon - A Seaside football player has been crowned homecoming queen, replacing her helmet with a crown during halftime.
- Scott has busy finish to year, and maybe an early start Updated: Oct-06-15 5:18 am
INCHEON, South Korea - With three months left in the year, Adam Scott is just getting warmed up.