- No. 2 South Carolina looking to refocus after 1st loss Updated: Feb-10-16 7:08 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - There are few things South Carolina forward A'ja Wilson hates in basketball more than losing. And she can't wait for the second-ranked Gamecocks to get back on the court after their first defeat of the season.
- Lady Vols look to end road woes, keep Top 25 streak alive Updated: Feb-10-16 6:34 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee needs to end more than a month's worth of road frustration or risk falling out of the Top 25 for the first time in three decades.
- No 1 golfer Ko says Olympics her 'top priority' this year Updated: Feb-10-16 6:20 pm
CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand - Top-ranked golfer Lydia Ko says the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro will be her top priority this year.
- Kenyan athletes allege doping bribery Updated: Feb-10-16 5:44 pm
EMBU, Kenya - Two Kenyan athletes serving four-year bans for doping at the 2015 world championships say the chief executive of Athletics Kenya, the country's governing body for track and field, asked them each for a $24,000 bribe to reduce their suspensions.
- Lisa Borders announced as new WNBA president Updated: Feb-10-16 5:23 pm
NEW YORK - Lisa Borders has been a fan of the WNBA ever since she helped bring a team to Atlanta. Now she's the league's new president.
- Banham got Kobe's attention with 60-point game for Minnesota Updated: Feb-10-16 4:30 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Rachel Banham was two days removed from her 60-point performance for Minnesota when the real highlight happened.
- North Carolina's NCAA academic case stuck in holding pattern Updated: Feb-10-16 4:28 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina's long-running academic fraud scandal case seems stuck in procedural limbo.
- Ivanovic beats Gasparyan to reach St. Petersburg quarters Updated: Feb-10-16 1:11 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Ana Ivanovic powered into the quarterfinals of the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy as her Russian opponent Margarita Gasparyan crumbled on Wednesday.
- Alabama sports memories to live on in library's exhibit Updated: Feb-10-16 10:10 am
GADSDEN, Alabama - If you closed your eyes and listened, you might have imagined yourself in a dugout, on a sideline, on a race course or in a press box.
- Prosecutors appeal Indianapolis coach's release to parents Updated: Feb-10-16 7:45 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Federal prosecutors have appealed a judge's decision to allow a former Indianapolis high school boys' basketball coach to live with his parents while he faces charges that he enticed a 15-year-old girl into a sexual relationship.
- Louisville coach pleads not guilty on child pornography charges Updated: Feb-10-16 7:09 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Louisville softball coach accused of distributing images of children engaged in sexual activities has pleaded not guilty.
- Prosecutors: High school coach sexually assaulted player Updated: Feb-10-16 5:57 am
GLOUCESTER CITY, New Jersey - Authorities say a southern New Jersey softball coach is facing sexual assault charges for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old player.
- Williams coasts to 6-3, 6-2 win over Lee at Taiwan Open Updated: Feb-10-16 3:25 am
KAOHSIUNG, Taiwan - Top-seeded Venus Williams had a 6-3, 6-2 win over Lee Pei-chi in her opening match at the Taiwan Open on Wednesday.
- US women's national soccer team to be briefed on Zika virus Updated: Feb-09-16 10:56 pm
The U.S. women's national soccer team was scheduled to be briefed Tuesday night on the developing Zika virus crisis in Latin America, a day before the start of the CONCACAF Olympic qualification tournament in Texas.
- Kansas State women beat No. 21 Oklahoma 87-71 Updated: Feb-09-16 10:20 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kindred Wesemann made 6 of 8 from 3-point range, 8 of 10 free throws and finished with 26 points and five assists to help the Kansas State women beat No. 21 Oklahoma 87-71 Tuesday night.
- No. 22 South Florida women breeze by Tulane 77-65 Updated: Feb-09-16 9:11 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Courtney Williams scored 18 points, Alisia Jenkins grabbed 20 rebounds - one short of her career best - and No. 22 South Florida rebounded after a rare conference loss to beat Tulane 77-65 Tuesday night.
- TCF Bank Stadium hockey transformation begins Updated: Feb-09-16 8:06 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The transformation of TCF Bank Stadium into a temporary hockey arena has begun on the University of Minnesota campus.
- AP Source: Ole Miss football cited in 13 of 28 violations Updated: Feb-09-16 7:38 pm
Mississippi's football program was cited by the NCAA in nearly half of the 28 rules violations levied against the school in the Notice of Allegations the university recently received, said a person with knowledge of the investigation.
- Correction: T25-UConn-South Carolina story Updated: Feb-09-16 7:27 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - In a story Feb. 8 on the women's basketball game between No. 1 UConn and No. 2 South Carolina, The Associated Press erroneously referred to Connecticut coach as Gene Auriemma. Story should have said Geno Auriemma.
- Sarah Hammer headlines US team for track cycling worlds Updated: Feb-09-16 6:58 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Olympic silver medalist Sarah Hammer will go for her third world title in the omnium while anchoring the U.S. women's pursuit team at the track cycling world championships.
- Woman claims that coach, Ohio school ignored rape allegation Updated: Feb-09-16 6:52 pm
CLEVELAND - A student and former softball player at Kent State University said in a federal lawsuit Tuesday that her coach tried to cover up allegations the player was raped and that university officials failed to follow school policy and federal law after the woman reported being attacked.
- U of Illinois menorah damaged for a third time Updated: Feb-09-16 6:17 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A 9-foot-tall menorah at a University of Illinois Jewish student center has been damaged for a third time in less than a year, police said Tuesday, and the center's rabbi believes school leaders need to take a stronger stand against the vandalism.
- US women start quest for 4th straight Olympic gold medal Updated: Feb-09-16 5:39 pm
The United States starts its pursuit of a fourth straight gold medal in women's Olympic soccer over the next two weeks at the CONCACAF qualifying tournament in Texas.
- Pavlyuchenkova reaches round 2 in St. Petersburg Updated: Feb-09-16 3:14 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Russia's Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova was made to fight for a place in the second round of the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy on Tuesday, beating Czech veteran Klara Koukalova in three sets.
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings Updated: Feb-09-16 2:20 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina could end up atop the Southeastern Conference standings, if the Gamecocks can defend their homecourt this week.