- Former Sul Ross State volleyball coach Lynn dies at 86 Updated: Dec-01-15 1:23 pm
ALPINE, Texas - Billie Lynn, a former national champion volleyball coach at Sul Ross State, has died in New Mexico following a lengthy illness.
- USGA to play 2019 US Women's Open in Charleston Updated: Dec-01-15 12:25 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The U.S. Women's Open is coming to the Country Club of Charleston in 2019.
- Columbus to host NAIA swimming and diving championships Updated: Dec-01-15 8:21 am
COLUMBUS, Georgia - The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics says it will hold its national swimming and diving championships in Columbus in 2016 and 2017.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others Updated: Dec-01-15 2:14 am
UCLA coach Cori Close wanted her team to get more out of its trip to the Bahamas last week than just some fun in the sun and competitive games.
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31 Updated: Nov-30-15 10:10 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - In the moments after his team's 79-31 blowout victory, Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma gave Chattanooga's Jim Foster a pat in the back as the two Hall of Famers briefly chatted at midcourt.
- Albuquerque to hold parade Sunday for UFC champ Holly Holm Updated: Nov-30-15 8:51 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New UFC women's bantamweight champion Holly Holm is being honored by her hometown of Albuquerque with a parade set for this Sunday.
- Kentucky coach: Junior forward Goodin-Rogers transferring Updated: Nov-30-15 6:36 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky coach Matthew Mitchell has granted Kyvin Goodin-Rogers her release after the junior forward's decision to transfer. She is the fourth Wildcat to leave the program since mid-October.
- Great American Conference names basketball players of week Updated: Nov-30-15 2:32 pm
RUSSELLVILLE, Arkansas - The Great American Conference has named the conference men's and women's basketball players of the week.
- Neymar on Ballon D'Or shortlist alongside Messi, Ronaldo Updated: Nov-30-15 2:23 pm
ZURICH - Neymar made the three-man Ballon D'Or shortlist for the first time on Monday alongside Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi and title holder Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Lady Eagle travel to Tennessee Tech Updated: Nov-30-15 10:32 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Southern Miss women's basketball team will travel to Tennessee Tech on Tuesday for a non-conference matchup at 6 p.m.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51 Updated: Nov-30-15 1:09 am
HONOLULU - Khadijah Sessions isn't usually looked to much on the offensive end of the floor, but the point guard played a big part in South Carolina's 67-51 win over Hawaii Sunday night.
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast Updated: Nov-29-15 10:18 pm
ESTERO, Florida - Briana Roberson scored a career-high 26 points, Lili Thompson added 17 and No. 13 Stanford needed overtime to hold off Purdue, 71-65 in the championship game of the Gulf Coast Classic Sunday.
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47 Updated: Nov-29-15 9:51 pm
HONOLULU - Quinn Dornstauder scored 14 points with 5-for-8 shooting and grabbed four rebounds to lead No. 16 Arizona State to a 60-47 win over Cal State Bakersfield in the Rainbow Wahine Showdown on Sunday.
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66 Updated: Nov-29-15 7:28 pm
ESTERO, Florida - Amber Deane scored a career-high 29 points and Dayton topped No. 22 Louisville 79-66 in the third-place game at the Gulf Coast Showcase on Sunday.
- No. 4 Lady Vols lose 64-53 to No. 8 Texas, ending streak Updated: Nov-29-15 6:31 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee flirted with danger long enough to eventually pay the price.
- Shiffrin wins 2nd straight World Cup slalom in Aspen Updated: Nov-29-15 6:22 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - Think Mikaela Shiffrin is fast on race day? Try keeping up with her in training sessions.
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25 Updated: Nov-29-15 6:09 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - No. 8 Mississippi State bulldozed its way to another blowout win Sunday, taking control just a few minutes after tipoff and cruising to a 92-25 victory over Savannah State.
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women Updated: Nov-29-15 5:34 pm
Connecticut's visit to Chattanooga on Monday night exemplifies one of the major differences between women's basketball and the men's game - women's mid-majors are much more likely to host big-name programs every now and then.
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida Updated: Nov-29-15 5:28 pm
NEW YORK - With the game on the line, St. John's dynamic duo of Danaejah Grant and Aliyyah Handford made the plays to help the Red Storm pull off the upset.
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53 Updated: Nov-29-15 4:54 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Lashann Higgs scored 18 points and led an efficient 3-point attack Sunday as the eighth-ranked Longhorns defeated No. 4 Tennessee 64-53 to remain unbeaten.
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24 Updated: Nov-29-15 4:34 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Evelyn Akhator had 20 points and 13 rebounds and No. 12 Kentucky held Jackson State to just seven second-half points in a 92-24 victory on Sunday for coach Matthew Mitchell's 200th win with the Wildcats.
- Norway wins biathlon mixed relays in season-opener Updated: Nov-29-15 2:52 pm
OSTERSUND, Sweden - Norway won both races Sunday as the biathlon World Cup season started with two separate mixed relays.
- Khalil named Asian football player of the year Updated: Nov-29-15 10:58 am
GURGAON, India - Ahmed Khalil of the United Arab Emirates was named the Asian player of the year Sunday at the AFC's annual awards function.
- Johnsrud Sundby, Johaug win cross-country pursuit races Updated: Nov-29-15 9:43 am
KUUSAMO, Finland - Norwegian duo Martin Johnsrud Sundby and Therese Johaug defended their leads to win pursuit races on Sunday to wrap up a three-day mini tour that opened the cross-country skiing World Cup.
- Tens of thousands overcome Delhi pollution in half marathon Updated: Nov-29-15 5:05 am
NEW DELHI - The tens of thousands of people who participated in Sunday's half marathon in India's capital had more than just running 21 kilometers (13 miles) through New Delhi's streets on a misty, chilly morning to deal with. They also had to overcome the city's unparalleled air pollution.