- The Latest: Wimbledon to hold minute's silence on Tuesday Updated: Jul-06-15 7:42 am
LONDON - The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- Minnesota Lynx back atop the Western Conference Updated: Jul-06-15 3:20 am
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Lynx were the preseason favorite to win the Western Conference and a third WNBA title in five seasons. Until this week, they were looking up in the standings.
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women Updated: Jul-06-15 3:08 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - For a brief time Sunday night, Carli Lloyd's Wikipedia page listed her position as "President of the United States."
- Enveloped in controversy, Solo leaves as World Cup winner Updated: Jul-06-15 12:44 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Hope Solo walked out of BC Place on Sunday night with two pieces of coveted hardware and for the time being, more focus on her skill as a goalkeeper and less on her off-field travails.
- Japan emotional after World Cup loss Updated: Jul-06-15 12:32 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Japan clearly was not ready for Carli Lloyd.
- Keys to the US win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final Updated: Jul-05-15 11:53 pm
Keys to the United States' 5-2 win over Japan in the Women's World Cup final
- Abby Wambach's World Cup finale comes with coveted trophy Updated: Jul-05-15 11:39 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Abby Wambach lifted American coach Jill Ellis after the final whistle. She ran to the stands for a hug from her wife. And then along with Christie Rampone, she became the first American to lift the Women's World Cup championship trophy in 16 years.
- The Latest: Carli Lloyd wins Golden Ball as top player Updated: Jul-05-15 9:22 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The latest from the Women's World Cup final (all times local):
- Daniela Iacobelli wins Symetra Tour's Tullymore Classic Updated: Jul-05-15 8:17 pm
STANWOOD, Michigan - Daniela Iacobelli birdied the final two holes Sunday for a one-stroke victory in the Symetra Tour's Tullymore Classic.
- Mitchell's 3 lifts Mercury to 94-91 OT win over Sparks Updated: Jul-05-15 7:54 pm
- Reports: Martinez to take charge of Spain's Davis Cup team Updated: Jul-05-15 6:36 pm
MADRID - Spanish media reports say former Wimbledon winner Conchita Martinez will be appointed temporary captain of Spain's Davis Cup team as a replacement for the fired Gala Leon.
- McCoughtry leads Dream over Storm 72-64 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:11 pm
- Kalitta gets Top Fuel win in Ohio Updated: Jul-05-15 6:05 pm
NORWALK, Ohio - Doug Kalitta earned his second Top Fuel win of the season Sunday at NHRA Nationals at Summit Motorsports Park.
- FIFA executive Issa Hayatou to present World Cup trophy Updated: Jul-05-15 5:42 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - FIFA confirms that Senior Vice President Issa Hayatou will present the championship trophy at the Women's World Cup.
- Cincinnati offers baseball history along with All-Star Game Updated: Jul-05-15 1:42 pm
CINCINNATI - The city hosting baseball's All-Star Game this year was the home of a team that played like all-stars back in 1869.
- Shyatt hopes to play 9 or 10 players consistently in 2015-16 Updated: Jul-05-15 1:12 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - By the time the trees start to change colors and basketball season begins, Larry Shyatt hopes to begin formulating a plan to allocate playing time.
- All-Williams matchup headlines Monday's action at Wimbledon Updated: Jul-05-15 12:27 pm
LONDON - One five-time Wimbledon champion is guaranteed to reach the quarterfinals. Another is assured of elimination.
- Years after losing her leg, woman still playing volleyball Updated: Jul-05-15 11:01 am
HOPKINSVILLE, Kentucky - It's been two years, sixth months and 19 days since a life-altering car accident had Christian County High School graduate and Crofton native Courtney Baker asking if she'd ever play volleyball again.
- Marshall's new academic center a boost for student-athletes Updated: Jul-05-15 10:10 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - When Marshall athletic director Mike Hamrick first returned to the university in that job, the former Thundering Herd linebacker asked where student-athletes went for tutoring, computer labs and academic advising. He didn't like what he saw.
- Burlington holds watch party for US final match in World Cup Updated: Jul-05-15 9:28 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The mayor and the city of Burlington are inviting soccer fans to cheer on the U.S. in its final match in the Women's World Cup.
- Blatter: French, German presidents tried influence WCup vote Updated: Jul-04-15 10:02 pm
BERLIN - FIFA president Sepp Blatter said in a Sunday newspaper interview that French and German presidents applied political pressure before the 2018 and 2022 World Cups were awarded to Russia and Qatar, respectively.
- England beats Germany 1-0 in extra time to finish 3rd Updated: Jul-04-15 9:32 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Days after a gut-wrenching loss, England finished its deepest run in the Women's World Cup with an uplifting victory.
- As Women's World Cup draws to end, inequality remains Updated: Jul-04-15 7:44 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The most successful Women's World Cup concludes on Sunday when the United States and Japan take the field at BC Place.
- NBC returns to NASCAR coverage with Sunday race at Daytona Updated: Jul-04-15 6:36 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - For 29 years, the summer race at Daytona International Speedway was a part of the nation's birthday.
- Powell, Fraser-Pryce in blazing form in Paris Updated: Jul-04-15 5:47 pm
PARIS - Asafa Powell is getting quicker and quicker the closer the world championships get.