- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn Updated: May-03-16 4:25 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has signed former Winthrop player Schaquilla (pronounced Sha-KWEE-la) Nunn as a graduate transfer, a move that should boost the Lady Volunteers' frontcourt depth next season.
- School sacks nation's last tackle powder-puff football game Updated: May-03-16 3:45 pm
JUPITER, Florida - What boosters describe as the nation's last tackle powder-puff football game is no more, at least for now.
- Court rules former coach's lawsuit against Texas can proceed Updated: May-03-16 3:29 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A race and gender discrimination lawsuit filed against the University of Texas by former women's track coach Bev Kearney can proceed, a state appeals court ruled Tuesday.
- Rousseff lights Olympic flame as protesters hit the streets Updated: May-03-16 2:55 pm
BRASILIA, Brazil - Brazil's embattled President Dilma Rousseff ignited the Olympic flame on Tuesday, as a nationwide torch relay got underway with protests highlighting the country's deep political and economic crisis.
- St. Cloud female tennis players sue university Updated: May-03-16 1:43 pm
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - Some members of the St. Cloud State University women's tennis team are suing the school, alleging it has offered more athletic opportunities for men.
- NBC and Golf Channel facing a busy summer of golf Updated: May-03-16 1:42 pm
The summer schedule for NBC and Golf Channel is not finalized, though this much is clear: There won't be another summer like this one from the number of big events to two premier tournaments that the networks have never broadcast.
- Mother and son shooters aim to make history at Olympics Updated: May-03-16 12:30 pm
TBILISI, Georgia - Going into her eighth Olympics, former shooting champion Nino Salukvadze has plenty of reasons to be proud of her long career.
- Notre Dame launches new boathouse for rowing teams Updated: May-03-16 5:05 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The University of Notre Dame's new St. Joseph River boathouse initially upset some neighbors but could ultimately benefit the public along with the school's rowing teams.
- Former Bismarck volleyball coach alleges gender bias Updated: May-02-16 4:24 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A women's volleyball coach who was fired from a private Catholic university in Bismarck after less than a year on the job says the school opted to get rid of her rather than investigate her complaints about gender bias.
- Olympic flame set to arrive in Brazil for torch relay Updated: May-02-16 1:48 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Olympic flame is set to arrive in Brazil, kicking off a three-month torch relay around the country that will end at the Maracana stadium when the games open on Aug. 5.
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel Updated: May-02-16 1:01 pm
- Federer withdraws from Madrid Masters because of back injury Updated: May-02-16 12:09 pm
MADRID - Roger Federer's injury woes continue.
- Tom Shields wins 100 butterfly at Swim Meet of Champions Updated: May-01-16 9:32 pm
MISSION VIEJO, California - Tom Shields won the 100-meter butterfly Sunday on the last night of the Fran Crippen Memorial Swim Meet of Champions.
- Courtney Force wins NHRA SpringNationals Updated: May-01-16 9:30 pm
BAYTOWN, Texas - Courtney Force won the Funny Car final Sunday in the NHRA SpringNationals, the fifth consecutive event with a female winner.
- Jenny Shin wins in Texas for first LPGA Tour title Updated: May-01-16 8:31 pm
IRVING, Texas - Jenny Shin won the Volunteers of America Texas Shootout on Sunday for her first LPGA Tour victory, pulling away for a two-stroke victory at Las Colinas.
- Young Charleston gymnast performs on national television Updated: May-01-16 10:45 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A talented Charleston youngster was featured on the "Steve Harvey" television show on April 26.
- McLeod blows past field to win 110 hurdles at Drake Relays Updated: Apr-30-16 8:14 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Omar McLeod started his outdoor season as dominant as he was in indoor competition, cruising past a talented field for yet another easy victory.
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Updated: Apr-30-16 7:19 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - Azura Stevens, the leading scorer and rebounder for Duke, has decided to transfer to UConn.
- Top-seeded Timea Bacsinszky wins in Morocco Updated: Apr-30-16 5:37 pm
RABAT, Morocco - Top-seeded Timea Bacsinszky comfortably beat qualifier Marina Erakovic of New Zealand 6-2, 6-1 to win the Grand Prix SAR on Saturday.
- Sanya Richards-Ross takes "victory lap" at Penn Relays Updated: Apr-30-16 4:52 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Sanya Richards-Ross called her final race at the Penn Relays her "victory lap." Anchoring the U.S. women's 1600 relay, the three-time Olympian and three-time gold medalist had a huge lead going into her leg, making her trot around Franklin Field in front of nearly 45,000 spectators giving her a standing ovation all the more special.
- Texas HS softball team loses title on final out that wasn't Updated: Apr-30-16 4:34 pm
MCKINNEY, Texas - It ain't over until a team is sure the umpire has signaled the final out.
- Teacher Scott Wietecha wins 4th straight Nashville marathon Updated: Apr-30-16 4:13 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Scott Wietecha won his fourth straight St. Jude Rock 'n' Roll Nashville Marathon on Saturday with a time of 2 hours, 25 minutes, 42 seconds.
- Former U. Delaware athlete to compete in Olympics Updated: Apr-30-16 11:01 am
NEWARK, Delaware - A former University of Delaware athlete will be competing in this summer's Olympic Games.
- Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash Updated: Apr-29-16 6:27 pm
Laremy Tunsil said enough about Mississippi at the NFL draft for the university to launch an investigation into his time at the school. Now, the former Rebel offensive lineman only wants to talk about his new team, the Miami Dolphins.
- Vandy forms search committee as it seeks Balcomb's successor Updated: Apr-29-16 5:05 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt has formed a search committee as it seeks a new women's basketball coach to replace Melanie Balcomb.