- Kibet, Ayalew win Maine road race Updated: Aug-01-15 3:44 pm
CAPE ELIZABETH, Maine - Stephen Kosgei Kibet of Kenya and Wude Ayalew of Ethiopia raced to victories Saturday in the Maine 10K road race founded by Olympic hero Joan Benoit Samuelson.
- Jets promote Davidson to director of football administration Updated: Aug-01-15 3:41 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets have promoted long-time executive Jacqueline Davidson to director of football administration, making her one of the highest-ranking women in an NFL front office.
- Kibet, Ayalew win Maine road race Updated: Aug-01-15 3:06 pm
CAPE ELIZABETH, Maine - Stephen Kosgei Kibet of Kenya and Wude Ayalew of Ethiopia won the men's and women's divisions, respectively, in a Maine 10K road race Saturday founded by Olympic hero Joan Benoit Samuelson.
- Ko shares lead at Women's British Open on major debut Updated: Aug-01-15 2:39 pm
TURNBERRY, Scotland - There's a Ko atop the leaderboard after three rounds of the Women's British Open.
- From Russia with love: Ruffini proposes marriage after win Updated: Aug-01-15 1:38 pm
KAZAN, Russia - It started with nausea and vomiting. It ended with a winning strategy. And it was punctuated with a marriage proposal.
- NBA's current, former stars put on show in Africa exhibition Updated: Aug-01-15 12:53 pm
JOHANNESBURG - The NBA put on a show in its first exhibition game in Africa on Saturday - starting with a dunk straight from the tip-off by Luc Mbah a Moute.
- Parker leads LA Sparks to 88-77 win over Chicago Sky Updated: Jul-31-15 11:20 pm
- Moore leads Minnesota Lynx past Atlanta Dream, 86-70 Updated: Jul-31-15 10:27 pm
- Mystics win 5th straight, 88-53 over Stars Updated: Jul-31-15 10:26 pm
- Stricklen hits go-ahead with 8.2 left, Sun beat Storm 67-66 Updated: Jul-31-15 9:32 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Shekinna Stricklen scored off a rebound with 8.2 seconds left to give Connecticut the lead and finished with 15 points in the Sun's 67-66 victory over the Seattle Storm on Friday night.
- Hawaii's Galdiano wins Canadian Women's Amateur Updated: Jul-31-15 8:33 pm
SASKATOON, Saskatchewan - Mariel Galdiano won the Canadian Women's Amateur on Friday, closing with a 3-under 69 for a one-stroke victory over fellow American Bethany Wu.
- Column: Harbaugh is... 'The Most Interesting Man in Big Ten' Updated: Jul-31-15 6:15 pm
CHICAGO - Compared to the rest of Jim Harbaugh's year, this was tame stuff.
- Louisville coach Walz, Cardinals' Moore win 2nd USA gold Updated: Jul-31-15 5:59 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville coach Jeff Walz and Cardinals standout Mariya Moore have their eyes set on an NCAA championship after teaming up to lead Team USA to a second consecutive international championship.
- Serena Williams withdraws from Bank of West with hurt elbow Updated: Jul-31-15 4:44 pm
STANFORD, California - World No. 1 Serena Williams has withdrawn from the upcoming Bank of the West Classic because of an elbow injury she says must get "back to 100 percent."
- Lieberman hired by Kings as NBA's second female assistant Updated: Jul-31-15 4:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - New Sacramento Kings assistant Nancy Lieberman recalls a conversation with Pat Riley a couple of years back when she explained to the Miami Heat executive how much she wanted to keep coaching at basketball's highest level.
- Spain replaces women's soccer coach Quereda after 27 years Updated: Jul-31-15 2:28 pm
MADRID - Spain's national women's soccer team has a new coach for the first time in 27 years after Jorge Vilda was hired to replace Ignacio Quereda, who had been in charge since 1988.
- Palmer cancels Champions Tour appearance to rest up Updated: Jul-31-15 2:05 pm
BLAINE, Minnesota - Arnold Palmer has canceled his appearance at this week's Champions Tour 3M Championship.
- Pittsburgh extends McConnell-Serio's contract through 2021 Updated: Jul-31-15 1:00 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh and women's basketball coach Suzie McConnell-Serio have reached an agreement on a new contract that will run through the 2020-21 season.
- Franklin, Ledecky are workhorses of US swim team at worlds Updated: Jul-31-15 12:09 pm
KAZAN, Russia - Missy Franklin and Katie Ledecky are the workhorses of the U.S. team at the world swimming championships.
- Mercury close on 19-5 spurt to beat Shock 78-66 Updated: Jul-30-15 10:34 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - DeWanna Bonner had 24 points and nine rebounds, Candice Dupree scored 20 and the Phoenix Mercury beat Tulsa 78-66 on Thursday night in the Shock's first game since their Dallas relocation announcement.
- Azarenka pulls out of Citi Open hard-court tournament in DC Updated: Jul-30-15 7:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Former No. 1 and two-time major champion Victoria Azarenka has pulled out of next week's Citi Open hard-court tournament because of an injured right shoulder.
- MLS attendance on rise with big-name international players Updated: Jul-30-15 7:32 pm
DENVER - Kaka and David Villa are raising the profile of Major League Soccer. Clint Dempsey and the U.S. national teams have done their part, too.
- Rousey roams to Brazil with plan to beat Correia at UFC 190 Updated: Jul-30-15 6:12 pm
GLENDALE, California - Ronda Rousey is in charge now. The unbeaten bantamweight champion is the biggest star in the UFC, and she could have staged her next title defense anywhere in the world before she moves on to her next acting job or book tour stop or red-carpet appearance.
- South Carolina forward A'ja Wilson returns with more US gold Updated: Jul-30-15 3:05 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Another summer, another international title for Southeastern Conference freshman of the year A'ja Wilson.
- North Korea wins 1st world aquatics gold with diving victory Updated: Jul-30-15 1:55 pm
KAZAN, Russia - North Korea won its first gold medal at the world aquatics championships through 16-year-old Kim Kuk Hyang in women's 10-meter diving on Thursday.