- Rosberg wins Monaco GP after crash hampers Hamilton Updated: May-24-15 10:40 am
MONACO - Nico Rosberg won the Monaco Grand Prix for the third straight year after a late crash involving teenager Max Verstappen undid Lewis Hamilton's bid for a fourth win of the season.
- The Latest: Lewis Hamilton rolling toward Monaco GP win Updated: May-24-15 9:18 am
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- French driver Grosjean hit with 5-place Monaco grid penalty Updated: May-23-15 12:03 pm
MONACO - French driver Romain Grosjean was handed a five-place grid penalty at the Monaco Grand Prix because of an unscheduled gearbox change.
- Indianapolis 500 finds women drivers in short supply Updated: May-23-15 2:59 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Pippa Mann rattled off the list of body parts still aching after a brutal crash at Indianapolis 500 practice.
- Manager: Schumacher improving 17 months after ski accident Updated: May-22-15 12:03 pm
GLAND, Switzerland - Michael Schumacher's manager says the seven-time Formula One champion is still improving, almost 17 months after suffering severe head injuries in a skiing accident.
- F1 will invite companies to bid to become sole tire supplier Updated: May-22-15 7:59 am
MONACO - Formula One's governing body has invited companies to bid to become the sole supplier of F1 tires for a three-year period starting in 2017.
- Jules Bianchi's father says son's condition "stagnant" Updated: May-21-15 1:10 pm
MONACO - The father of injured Formula One driver Jules Bianchi says his son's medical condition is "stagnant" as he continues to fight for his life following a horrific crash last year.
- Drivers set to ask fans how to make Formula 1 more exciting Updated: May-20-15 3:28 pm
MONACO - Formula One drivers will ask fans for their views on how to improve the sport as part of an increased effort to make racing more exciting.
- Hamilton earns his '10 percent' after signing Mercedes deal Updated: May-20-15 12:35 pm
MONACO - Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton joked that he earned his "10 percent" commission from himself after finally signing a new and lucrative three-year contract with Mercedes that he negotiated on his own.
- Monaco GP poignant for Manor F1 after Bianchi crash in Japan Updated: May-20-15 11:45 am
MONACO - With Jules Bianchi still recovering from life-threatening head injuries in a nearby hospital, this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix will be tinged with both sadness and fond memories for the Manor team.
- Refueling to return, faster laps to make F1 more attractive Updated: May-15-15 9:36 am
PARIS - In a bid to become more attractive and win back disgruntled fans, Formula One will reintroduce refueling in 2017 along with more aggressive-looking cars, louder engines, and faster lap times.
- European Sports Week in Photos Updated: May-11-15 10:57 am
LONDON - The battle between Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg continued at the Spanish Formula One Grand Prix on Sunday, where Rosberg dominated. Barcelona was a busy sporting city in the past week, with Lionel Messi and Barcelona in the spotlight a few days earlier when the city's beloved football team beat Bayern Munich in the Champions League semifinal.
- Horner says Red Bull cars not competing, 'just going around' Updated: May-10-15 1:56 pm
GRANOLLERS, Spain - After just five races, Red Bull team principal Christian Horner calls the season "pretty much of a write-off" with his team stuck in "no man's land" as it struggles with Renault engine reliability and performance.
- McLaren's woes continue as brake failure ends Alonso's race Updated: May-10-15 12:50 pm
GRANOLLERS, Spain - Fernando Alonso entered the Spanish Grand Prix hopeful of a top-10 finish to give McLaren its first points this season, only to complete less than half the race as a brake failure sent him back to the garage.
- Rosberg finally earns 1st win of F1 season at Spanish GP Updated: May-10-15 12:29 pm
GRANOLLERS, Spain - Nico Rosberg finally got his championship campaign going on Sunday with a commanding win from pole position at the Spanish Grand Prix.
- Alonso is sure eye infection won't stop him racing in Spain Updated: May-09-15 1:38 pm
GRANOLLERS, Spain - Fernando Alonso is confident he can race freely in Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix despite an ongoing eye infection.
- Sainz Jr. 5th in qualifying in front of Spanish fans Updated: May-09-15 12:23 pm
GRANOLLERS, Spain - Although Fernando Alonso continues to struggle, home fans got something to cheer about at the Spanish Grand Prix as Carlos Sainz Jr. qualified in a season's best fifth place for Sunday's race.
- Susie Wolff hungry to earn a place in Formula One Updated: May-08-15 9:18 am
GRANOLLERS, Spain - Susie Wolff is sure that she is good enough to start a Formula One race, even if her chances are slim.
- Conor Daly to race Indy 500 for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Updated: Apr-25-15 1:38 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Conor Daly won't have to endure watching the Indianapolis 500 from a few thousand miles away this year.