- Mercedes on course to extend F1 pole position streak to 23 Updated: Sep-04-15 11:39 am
MONZA, Italy - With Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg dominating practice for the Italian Grand Prix, Mercedes is on track for its 23rd consecutive pole position Saturday.
- Column: Closed cockpits in Formula One? Not so fast Updated: Sep-04-15 11:26 am
MONZA, Italy - The idea of enveloping Formula One drivers in closed cockpits to better protect them from flying debris and crashes is more complicated than it sounds.
- Renzi to Ecclestone on Italian GP: 'Leave Monza alone' Updated: Sep-03-15 12:15 pm
MONZA, Italy - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi has a message for Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone: "Leave Monza alone."
- Pirelli inquiry places blame for F1 tire problems on debris Updated: Sep-03-15 12:12 pm
MONZA, Italy - Formula One tire supplier Pirelli blamed debris on the track and prolonged usage for a "highly unusual number of cuts" to the rubber at the Belgian Grand Prix, which was marred by frightening tire deterioration on the cars of Sebastian Vettel and Nico Rosberg.
- Hamilton considers closed cockpits in wake of driver deaths Updated: Sep-03-15 11:50 am
MONZA, Italy - Formula One leader Lewis Hamilton is giving serious thought to the possibility of closed cockpits following the death of fellow British driver Justin Wilson in IndyCar.
- Massa and Bottas to pair for 3rd straight year at Williams Updated: Sep-03-15 6:29 am
MONZA, Italy - Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas will pair for a third consecutive season as Williams' Formula One drivers, the team announced Thursday.
- Column: IndyCar is clearly too risky; time to shut it down Updated: Aug-28-15 6:51 pm
Justin Wilson. Dan Wheldon. Paul Dana.
- Russia to launch Moscow-Beijing rally to rival Dakar Updated: Aug-27-15 10:42 am
MOSCOW - Russia's state-owned gas company Gazprom has thrown its weight behind a rival to the renowned Dakar Rally as Russia flexes its muscles in the world of motorsport.
- IndyCar driver Justin Wilson dies of head injury Updated: Aug-25-15 6:32 am
IndyCar driver Justin Wilson died Monday night from a head injury suffered when a piece of debris struck him at Pocono Raceway. He was 37.
- Lewis Hamilton wins Belgian Grand Prix ahead of Nico Rosberg Updated: Aug-23-15 11:35 am
SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium - Lewis Hamilton won the Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday from pole, easily holding off Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg and padding his lead in the Formula One championship standings.
- Belgian GP: McLarens start at back of grid for engine change Updated: Aug-21-15 11:22 am
SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium - The McLaren team has been given a combined 55-place grid penalty for changing the engine ahead of the Belgian Grand Prix.
- EXCHANGE: Man steps away from the sport he helped develop Updated: Aug-21-15 9:30 am
QUINCY, Illinois - Gus Traeder can be found wearing one or more of his numerous hats on any given day.
- Raikkonen to remain Ferrari driver for 2016 alongside Vettel Updated: Aug-19-15 12:09 pm
SPA, Belgium - Kimi Raikkonen will remain at Ferrari for the 2016 Formula One championship season, partnering Sebastian Vettel.
- Correction: F1-Button Burgled story Updated: Aug-13-15 11:31 am
LONDON - In a story Aug. 7 about burglars ransacking the rented villa of Formula One driver Jenson Button, The Associated Press incorrectly reported the location of the villa. It was in Ramatuelle, not St. Tropez.
- Marquez makes late pass to win 3rd straight Indianapolis GP Updated: Aug-09-15 4:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Marc Marquez found the perfect ending to an imperfect weekend - another trip to victory lane.
- Argentine judge orders body of racing star Fangio exhumed Updated: Aug-08-15 2:17 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The body of the late Formula 1 star Juan Manuel Fangio has been exhumed by orders of an Argentina judge for testing to determine paternity claims brought by two men who believe they are his sons.