- Sainz crash ends 3rd practice session in Russia Updated: Oct-10-15 7:52 am
SOCHI, Russia - A heavy crash for Carlos Sainz Jr. ended the final practice session at the Russian Grand Prix on Saturday with the Toro Rosso driver flown to hospital.
- Red Bull 'open' to continuing with Renault engines Updated: Oct-09-15 11:10 am
SOCHI, Russia - Red Bull team principal Christian Horner suggested Friday his team could continue using Renault engines for next year, with the team having previously threatened to leave Formula One.
- Massa clocks fastest time in rain-hit 2nd practice in Russia Updated: Oct-09-15 10:53 am
SOCHI, Russia - Williams driver Felipe Massa clocked the fastest time in Friday's second practice session for the Russian Grand Prix, with only six other drivers setting times in heavy rain.
- Ecclestone says F1 could be sold in 2015, 3 potential buyers Updated: Oct-06-15 2:27 pm
Formula One commercial chief Bernie Ecclestone said Tuesday that the motorsport series could be sold this year and there are three interested buyers.
- Former F1 driver Alguersuari retires from auto racing Updated: Oct-01-15 2:38 pm
MADRID - Former Formula One driver Jaime Alguersuari says he is retiring from auto racing at the age of 25.
- Jenson Button to remain at McLaren for 2016 F1 season Updated: Oct-01-15 5:26 am
WOKING, England - Jenson Button has decided against retirement and will remain with McLaren for the 2016 Formula One season.
- IndyCar Series continues quest to find safer ways to race Updated: Sep-30-15 8:03 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Mark Miles will never forget the first time he saw an IndyCar driver seriously hurt.
- McLaren chairman Dennis regrets Alonso's comments on engine Updated: Sep-30-15 11:43 am
WOKING, England - McLaren chairman Ron Dennis wants Fernando Alonso to stop airing his grievances in public following the Spanish driver's latest outburst at last weekend's Japanese Grand Prix.
- Haas F1 names Frenchman Romain Grosjean 1st driver Updated: Sep-29-15 2:03 pm
KANNAPOLIS, North Carolina - Gene Haas initially talked of hiring an American driver for his new Formula One team.
- Force India, Sauber team up in F1 complaint to EU Updated: Sep-29-15 12:47 pm
BRUSSELS - In a challenge to Formula One's status quo, Force India and Sauber lodged a complaint with the European Union on Tuesday charging that the sport's rule-making and revenue-sharing mechanisms are unlawful, unfair and harmful.
- Renault takes step forward in potential Lotus buyout Updated: Sep-28-15 8:01 am
PARIS - Renault's return to Formula One as a team looks imminent after the French manufacturer announced plans on Monday to buy a controlling stake in the debt-laden Lotus team.
- Hamilton powers to dominant win at Japanese GP Updated: Sep-27-15 4:00 am
SUZUKA, Japan - Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton pulled off an aggressive passing move on teammate Nico Rosberg and went on to win the Japanese Grand Prix on Sunday, moving a step closer to claiming his second straight Formula One title.
- US driver Rossi says F1 debut 'pretty special' Updated: Sep-20-15 1:44 pm
SINGAPORE - A slow start and a broken radio were not enough to spoil the Formula One race debut of American driver Alex Rossi on Sunday, as he completed the full distance of the Singapore Grand Prix.
- Fan walks along F1 track during Singapore GP Updated: Sep-20-15 1:00 pm
SINGAPORE - The fan who wandered onto the track during Sunday's Singapore Grand Prix was later arrested by Singapore police.
- Vettel wins Singapore GP to liven up F1 title race Updated: Sep-20-15 12:01 pm
SINGAPORE - Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel overcame the shock of coming across a track intruder mid-race and won the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday, while runaway championship leader Lewis Hamilton suffered his first retirement of the season, injecting new life into the fight for the Formula One title.
- Cost-cutting moves meet opposition from F1 teams Updated: Sep-19-15 5:37 am
SINGAPORE - Proposals to introduce a cost cap on supply of engines and a ban on wind tunnels have run into opposition from Formula One teams.
- US driver Rossi says F1 race debut is 'very surreal' Updated: Sep-17-15 6:44 am
SINGAPORE - American driver Alexander Rossi is having a "very surreal" time preparing for his Formula One race debut this weekend after signing a deal with the Manor team, becoming the first American to compete in the series since 2007.
- American Alexander Rossi signs for F1 team Manor Marussia Updated: Sep-16-15 12:39 pm
SINGAPORE - Formula One team Manor Marussia has signed American driver Alexander Rossi to race in five of the seven remaining events this season, starting in Singapore this weekend.
- Funeral for IndyCar driver Wilson held in English village Updated: Sep-10-15 12:03 pm
PAULERSPURY, England - The daring moves and steely determination of Justin Wilson were remembered at the IndyCar driver's funeral in an English village on Thursday, three weeks after his fatal accident during a race.