- IndyCar fines Rahal, Power for actions during Sonoma race Updated: Jul-01-15 5:54 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Graham Rahal's team has been fined $10,000 because the Fontana winner left the pits with a fuel hose attached to his car Saturday.
- IndyCar CEO: Rules package was off for Fontana race Updated: Jul-01-15 5:50 pm
The CEO of IndyCar said Wednesday that the series went too far with the rules package for last weekend's race at California, where many drivers sharply criticized what they said was dangerous pack racing.
- Column: IndyCar must balance daredevil vs. dangerous racing Updated: Jun-29-15 3:41 pm
NASCAR returns this week to Daytona International Speedway, where 43 drivers are likely to race bumper to bumper for 400 white-knuckle miles.
- IndyCar still straddling line between speed, safety Updated: Jun-28-15 5:10 pm
FONTANA, California - Organizers in every motorsport try to walk a fine line between creating fast, entertaining racing and keeping drivers and riders safe. Finding that middle ground is particularly vital in IndyCar, where cars occasionally go airborne in accidents.
- Rahal survives pack racing of Fontana for second career win Updated: Jun-27-15 11:57 pm
FONTANA, California - Graham Rahal avoided a penalty despite driving out of pit road with part of his fueling mechanism attached and held on through a wild finish for his second career IndyCar victory.
- Vautier tire changer injured during pit stop at Fontana Updated: Jun-27-15 5:50 pm
FONTANA, California - A crew member for Dale Coyne Racing was injured Saturday after being struck by Tristan Vautier's car during a pit stop.
- Ganassi's Dixon keeping pace with Team Penske drivers Updated: Jun-26-15 7:08 pm
FONTANA, California - Scott Dixon won on the street course at Sonoma last season and took the checkers on the streets of Long Beach this spring.
- Montoya chasing Triple Crown as IndyCar heads to Fontana Updated: Jun-24-15 4:25 pm
Only one driver has celebrated winning the Triple Crown of IndyCar in the same calendar year. Juan Pablo Montoya will try to stay in contention for the sweep when he races Saturday at Auto Club Speedway in California.
- Toronto runner-up Filippi fined $5,000 by IndyCar Updated: Jun-17-15 4:57 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - IndyCar officials fined Toronto runner-up Luca Filippi $5,000 for violating the series' rule on fuel capacity last weekend.
- Taylor and Newgarden prove American racers still have a shot Updated: Jun-15-15 5:58 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Jordan Taylor stood atop the podium at Le Mans, surveyed the massive crowd below him, and thought of only one thing to scream.
- Newgarden wins Honda Indy Toronto Updated: Jun-14-15 8:18 pm
TORONTO - What a difference one race made.
- Hinchcliffe to be grand marshal for IndyCar race in Toronto Updated: Jun-11-15 4:39 pm
TORONTO - Canadian IndyCar driver James Hinchcliffe has been named grand marshal for Sunday's race through the streets of Toronto.
- Hinchcliffe has no memory of life-saving efforts after crash Updated: Jun-10-15 5:48 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - With his trademark self-deprecating humor, James Hinchcliffe jokes that he received "a complete oil change" after his accident during preparations for the Indianapolis 500.
- Tony Stewart trying to catch the big one in victory lane Updated: Jun-10-15 1:30 pm
LONG POND, Pennsylvania - Dressed in a Bass Pro T-shirt and cap, Tony Stewart was all set to take his turn as a commercial fisherman.
- Dixon dominates Texas race that should ease IndyCar angst Updated: Jun-07-15 4:06 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Scott Dixon certainly knows how to get to Victory Lane, even if he prefers staying out of the spotlight.
- Dixon dominates crash-free IndyCar Series race at Texas Updated: Jun-07-15 2:03 am
FORT WORTH, Texas - Scott Dixon was still moaning 30 minutes before the race about the extra downforce planned for his car.
- Hinchcliffe surprise command for IndyCar race in Texas Updated: Jun-06-15 9:09 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - James Hinchcliffe gave the command for IndyCar Series drivers to start their engines in Texas on Saturday night - through a surprise video shown on the track's huge HD screen.
- Penske power at Texas qualifying, all 4 drivers in top 5 Updated: Jun-05-15 7:26 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Will Power is starting on the pole at Texas for the third year in a row, and three of his fellow Team Penske drivers are close to him.
- Hunter-Reay crashes at Texas, Indy car stays grounded Updated: Jun-05-15 4:48 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Ryan Hunter-Reay crashed Friday in the first IndyCar Series practice at Texas since changes were made to keep the cars from going airborne.