- Montoya gives IndyCar the Indianapolis 500 it needed Updated: May-25-15 5:00 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Extra! Extra! Juan Pablo Montoya still had to pay $2 to read all about it.
- Edwards' Coca-Cola 600 win gives Gibbs much to celebrate Updated: May-25-15 10:23 am
CONCORD, North Carolina - Joe Gibbs has had many special nights in football and auto racing. Few were bigger than Sunday's showing in the Coca-Cola 600.
- Colombia revels in Indy 500 result, Chevrolet rules the day Updated: May-25-15 2:41 am
INDIANAPOLIS - There were surely some parties in Colombia this weekend.
- Carl Edwards races to first victory for new JGR team Updated: May-24-15 11:50 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Even a master strategist like Joe Gibbs wasn't sure his team made the right call.
- Pace driver Jeff Gordon says he will never race in Indy 500 Updated: May-24-15 10:53 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The closest Jeff Gordon will ever come to leading the Indy 500 will be in the pace car.
- Marcus Smith: Dad happier than expected with Hall selection Updated: May-24-15 8:56 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Bruton Smith said reaching the NASCAR Hall of Fame was worth the wait.
- Juan's World! Montoya beats Power for second Indy 500 win Updated: May-24-15 6:45 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - His career at a crossroads, his confidence shot, Juan Pablo Montoya received a lifeline from The Captain.
- Widow of "American Sniper" subject honored at NASCAR race Updated: May-24-15 5:44 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - The wife of "American Sniper" subject Chris Kyle was honored with the Stonewall Jackson Award at Charlotte Motor Speedway before the Coca-Cola 600.
- SMI, Coca-Cola extend partnership 5 years Updated: May-24-15 2:16 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Speedway Motorsports Inc. and The Coca-Cola Co. have extended their partnership for five more years through 2020.
- The Latest: Lewis Hamilton rolling toward Monaco GP win Updated: May-24-15 9:18 am
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- All-Star winner Hamlin confident in Charlotte double Updated: May-23-15 6:18 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Denny Hamlin's not sure he could be more confident coming into the Coca-Cola 600 with how he has performed the past two weeks at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Austin Dillon wins Xfinity race at Charlotte Updated: May-23-15 6:15 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Austin Dillon's driving was good.
- Xfinity driver Jamie Dick crashes Charlotte Updated: May-23-15 4:12 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - A week after metal went through his windshield and struck his helmet, driver Jamie Dick hit the wall hard Saturday during the Xfinity series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr has plenty of horsepower on Twitter Updated: May-23-15 2:06 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - NASCAR's most popular driver is now one of the most popular people on Twitter.
- W.Va. Senate president to be Coca Cola 600 honorary starter Updated: May-23-15 9:05 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Senate President Bill Cole will be the honorary starter for the Coca Cola 600 NASCAR race this weekend in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Single duty: Kurt Busch brings double lessons to Charlotte Updated: May-22-15 3:23 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - There's no bank of TV cameras surrounding Kurt Busch's hauler, no one monitoring his fluid intake to prevent dehydration, no golf cart waiting to whisk him away from NASCAR practice and off to Indianapolis. This year, Busch is glad to have his focus solely on the Coca-Cola 600.
- Ganassi: Kyle Larson could someday start in Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-22-15 2:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Team owner Chip Ganassi is leaving the door open for rising NASCAR star Kyle Larson to someday compete in the Indianapolis 500.
- Jeff Gordon to join Fox as full-time analyst in 2016 Updated: May-21-15 10:04 pm
Jeff Gordon will join Fox as a full-time analyst in 2016, teaming with Mike Joy and Darrell Waltrip in the three-man booth.
- Kenseth wins pole for NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 Updated: May-21-15 9:27 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Matt Kenseth is hoping history repeats itself Sunday night at the Coca-Cola 600.
- New dad Kyle Busch ready for racing Updated: May-21-15 6:45 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Kyle Busch says infant son Brexton can be anything he wants, even a race car driver. He just better be good.
- Logano: NASCAR can learn from IndyCar on safety crews Updated: May-21-15 6:40 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Joey Logano said NASCAR can learn something from the near-fatal accident involving IndyCar Series driver James Hinchcliffe this week and the importance of having a regular safety crew at each race.
- Johnson 'shocked' NASCAR questioned side skirt issue Updated: May-21-15 4:53 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Jimmie Johnson said Thursday he was "shocked" to learn NASCAR was looking into whether his No. 48 team illegally altered the car's side skirts during last weekend's All-Star race.
- Kevin Harvick on top heading to NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 Updated: May-21-15 4:24 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Kevin Harvick is right where he usually is when the Coca-Cola 600 rolls around on the schedule: On top and seeking even more success.
- Smith, Labonte head up NASCAR Hall of Fame class Updated: May-20-15 7:38 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Speedway Motorsports Executive Chairman Bruton Smith and two-time Sprint Cup champion Terry Labonte topped the newest group of five headed to the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- Baby on board: NASCAR driver Brad Keselowski a father Updated: May-20-15 3:42 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - NASCAR driver Brad Keselowski is a first-time father, welcoming a daughter this week.