- Big 12 future sites familiar for basketball, baseball Updated: May-28-15 9:18 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Big 12 is keeping its men's basketball tournament in Kansas City through at least 2020, and the conference plans play the baseball and for women's basketball tournaments in Oklahoma City for multiple years.
- 'Win for Gwynn' keeps driving Aztecs heading into regionals Updated: May-28-15 8:51 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego State Aztecs are never far from reminders of their late coach, whether it's the bobblehead in the dugout or the images of the Hall of Famer on the outfield wall at Tony Gwynn Stadium.
- Fletcher watches son play big-time baseball at Illinois Updated: May-28-15 6:35 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - As he spent his second season at Kankakee Community College, Casey Fletcher was about a day away from accepting the best offer he had to keep playing baseball - at Morehead State in Kentucky.
- Arkansas' Benintendi is Collegiate Baseball Player of Year Updated: May-28-15 4:18 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - University of Arkansas outfielder Andrew Benintendi has been named college baseball's National Player of the Year by Collegiate Baseball.
- Cougars no longer an NCAA surprise Updated: May-28-15 2:06 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - College of Charleston second baseman Blake Butler felt it when the Cougars got back together for workouts last fall: His team wanted to finish the job it began last season.
- Bradley baseball team's long NCAA wait ends Friday Updated: May-28-15 1:11 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - It's been almost half a century since Bradley's baseball team played in the NCAA Tournament but the Braves' wait ends Friday.
- NC State freshman Brown getting it done heading into NCAAs Updated: May-27-15 6:40 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Brian Brown figured he would spend his freshman year in a supporting role on North Carolina State's staff as it tried to replace high draft pick Carlos Rodon.
- USC catcher Garrett Stubbs packs big game into small body Updated: May-27-15 5:06 pm
Garrett Stubbs has always packed a big game into his 5-foot-10, 165-pound frame.
- Razorbacks look forward to NCAA baseball tournament Updated: May-26-15 5:42 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Members of the University of Arkansas baseball team say a victory in Friday's NCAA tournament opener would provide the right momentum for the rest of the season.
- Miami's Thompson on a roll heading into NCAA Tournament Updated: May-26-15 5:30 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - David Thompson technically tied for last place among all Division I players last season in home runs, considering he had none.
- Washington State fires baseball coach Updated: May-26-15 5:02 pm
PULLMAN, Washington - Washington State has fired baseball coach Donnie Marbut after 11 seasons.
- With 5 teams in NCAAs, cold-weather Big Ten baseball hot now Updated: May-26-15 2:29 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - As usual, the SEC, ACC and Pac-12 had the most teams make the NCAA baseball tournament. Right behind those warm-weather conferences, though, was the Big Ten, a league that not long ago was an afterthought on selection day.
- Henderson State relief pitcher picks up national honor Updated: May-25-15 6:11 pm
ARKADELPHIA, Arkansas - A Henderson State University pitcher has become the first player in school history to earn All-American First-Team honors.
- Arkansas baseball team headed to Stillwater Regional Updated: May-25-15 5:59 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas baseball team has been selected as a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- Arizona baseball coach Lopez ends 33-year career Updated: May-25-15 3:32 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Andy Lopez is retiring after a 14-year stint as Arizona's baseball coach that included a pair of College World Series appearances and the 2012 national title.
- Jacob Lindgren's Yankees arrival: 'Who are you?' Updated: May-25-15 1:17 am
NEW YORK - Jacob Lindgren took a taxi from his Manhattan hotel and arrived at Yankee Stadium about seven hours before game time Sunday.
- Florida tops Vandy 7-3 in weather-interrupted SEC title game Updated: May-25-15 12:05 am
HOOVER, Alabama - The Florida Gators started fast and then waited out a few hours of rain delays before their bullpen secured the SEC title.
- Florida State beats NC State 6-2 in ACC title game Updated: May-24-15 9:59 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Florida State sure turned things around at the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament.
- SEC gets 4 host sites for NCAA baseball tournament regionals Updated: May-24-15 9:45 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Defending national champion Vanderbilt and three other Southeastern Conference teams were among the 16 regional hosts named Sunday for the NCAA Division I baseball tournament.
- Baylor fires longtime baseball coach Steve Smith Updated: May-24-15 8:38 pm
WACO, Texas - Baylor has fired longtime baseball coach Steve Smith after the Bears had their fewest wins since 1981.
- Texas wins Big 12 title, beating Oklahoma State 6-3 Updated: May-24-15 6:01 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Zane Gurwitz broke a tie with a two-run single in the eighth inning and fifth-seeded Texas won the Big 12 championship Sunday, beating second-seeded Oklahoma State 6-3.
- Michigan beats Maryland 4-3, wins Big Ten baseball tourney Updated: May-24-15 5:10 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Michigan needed to win the Big Ten Tournament to qualify for the NCAA Tournament. The 2015 Wolverines added their own unique chapter to the school's history.
- Riley's grand slam lifts NC State past Virginia 10-2 at ACCs Updated: May-23-15 11:00 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Bubby Riley hit a grand slam and North Carolina State scored eight runs in the eighth inning for a 10-2 victory over Virginia on Saturday night in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
- Ohio's Sitz throws first no-hitter in MAC tourney history Updated: May-23-15 10:42 pm
AVON, Ohio - Ohio University's Connor Sitz threw the first no-hitter in Mid-American Conference tournament history, beating Bowling Green 6-0 on Saturday.
- Rivera's homer lifts Florida past LSU 2-1 in SEC Tournament Updated: May-23-15 8:47 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Mike Rivera homered to open the top of the ninth inning and Florida beat LSU 2-1 on Saturday to advance to the Southeastern Conference Tournament championship game.