- Dodgers' pen crumbles in 9th in 7-3 loss to Phils Updated: Apr-25-14 3:24 am
- Byrd's 4 RBIs help Phillies beat Dodgers 7-3 Updated: Apr-25-14 3:09 am
- Errors, pitching doom Astros in 10-1 loss to A's Updated: Apr-25-14 1:41 am
- Donaldson leads A's past Astros 10-1 Updated: Apr-25-14 1:17 am
- Errors, walks hurt Red Sox in 14-5 loss to Yanks Updated: Apr-25-14 1:11 am
- Nationals 0 for 16 with RISP in 4-3 loss to Padres Updated: Apr-25-14 1:03 am
- Cashner plays OF, Nady's Padres top Nats 4-3 in 12 Updated: Apr-25-14 12:53 am
- Solarte's 4 RBIs help Yanks top Red Sox 14-5 Updated: Apr-25-14 12:44 am
- Blue Jays' bullpen struggles, Orioles win 11-4 Updated: Apr-24-14 11:44 pm
- Davis has 3 RBIs, Orioles beat Blue Jays 11-4 Updated: Apr-24-14 11:23 pm
- Houston's Clemens ejected for plunking A's Lowrie Updated: Apr-24-14 11:15 pm
- Woman sues Reds pitcher Simon, alleges sex assault Updated: Apr-24-14 10:36 pm
- Jury deliberations slow in Backe brutality trial Updated: Apr-24-14 10:30 pm
- Red Sox RF Victorino off DL for 1st time this year Updated: Apr-24-14 8:48 pm
- Nova to undergo season-ending elbow surgery Updated: Apr-24-14 8:11 pm
- Padres 3B Headley leaves with strained right calf Updated: Apr-24-14 8:06 pm
- Pineda banned 10 games for pine tar, won't appeal Updated: Apr-24-14 8:04 pm
- Pineda not only pitcher in majors to try pine tar Updated: Apr-24-14 7:34 pm
- Depleted White Sox end trip with loss in Detroit Updated: Apr-24-14 7:28 pm
- FDA backs off animal feed rule affecting brewers Updated: Apr-24-14 7:19 pm
- Lynn's perfect April mark ends; Mets top Cards 4-1 Updated: Apr-24-14 7:08 pm
- Cabrera, Scherzer lead Tigers over White Sox 7-4 Updated: Apr-24-14 7:05 pm
- Jackson is solid, but not good enough for Cubs Updated: Apr-24-14 7:02 pm
- Column: 'There's better ways to conceal it.' Updated: Apr-24-14 6:56 pm
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, Diamondbacks top Cubs Updated: Apr-24-14 6:54 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers were facing a team with the worst bullpen ERA in the majors and got outscored 4-1 in the final three innings.
LOS ANGELES - Carlos Ruiz capped his most productive series of the season so far with another clutch hit, and made a key defensive play at the plate to help the Philadelphia Phillies win a series from the Los Angeles Dodgers.
HOUSTON - Jed Lowrie had plenty to say about the Houston Astros after he was hit by a pitch that led to the ejection of Paul Clemens in Oakland's 10-1 win on Thursday night.
WASHINGTON - After his Washington Nationals went 0 for 16 with runners in scoring position and left 14 men on base, manager Matt Williams repeated the words "opportunity" and "opportunities" and "chance" and "chances" over and over.
WASHINGTON - By the time the 12th inning rolled around, the San Diego Padres were without third baseman Chase Headley - his strained calf could send him to the disabled list - and left fielder Seth Smith, who hurt a groin muscle.
BOSTON - CC Sabathia provided a lift for the New York Yankees depleted rotation.
TORONTO - The Blue Jays aren't getting a whole lot of relief from their bullpen right now.
TORONTO - Adam Jones called Baltimore's lineup "scary" after back-to-back double digit outbursts against Toronto.
HOUSTON - A federal judge is urging all sides to work toward settling a former Houston Astros pitcher's multimillion-dollar brutality lawsuit against Galveston police officers who beat him in 2008.
BOSTON - New York Yankees right-hander Ivan Nova has decided to have season-ending Tommy John surgery for a partially torn elbow ligament.
WASHINGTON - San Diego third baseman Chase Headley has left the Padres' game against the Washington Nationals in the middle of the second inning with a strained right calf.
BOSTON - Michael Pineda says he was just trying to get a better grip on the ball.
New York Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda is hardly the first major leaguer to head to the mound hoping to get away with using pine tar to aid his grip.
DETROIT - The Chicago White Sox won't ever be thrilled about a 3-4 road trip.
MILWAUKEE - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said Thursday it will revise proposed livestock feed rules after hearing objections about the potential cost from brewers who sell grain leftover from making beer to ranchers and dairy farmers.
NEW YORK - Lance Lynn began the day as the greatest April pitcher in major league history.
DETROIT - There's little doubt that Miguel Cabrera is one of the best hitters in baseball. And often, it's his massive home runs that fans, players and managers remember.
CHICAGO - Edwin Jackson registered his first quality start and worked into the seventh inning for the first time this season.
The thing that has baseball folks riled up about Michael Pineda isn't that he was trying to cheat. Everybody does that.
CHICAGO - Pitching only 8 miles from where he grew up, Mike Bolsinger had more nerves than usual when he stepped on the mound at Wrigley Field against the Chicago Cubs.