- 1B/OF Michael Morse joins Pirates 3 days after trade Updated: Aug-03-15 4:26 pm
- Price dominant in Toronto debut, Jays beat Twins 5-1 Updated: Aug-03-15 3:59 pm
TORONTO - David Price struck out 11 over eight innings to win his Blue Jays debut, Josh Donaldson hit a tiebreaking home run and Toronto beat the Minnesota Twins 5-1 in the opener of a four-game series between AL wild-card contenders.
- Blue Jays, Royals escalate feud by trading barbs on Twitter Updated: Aug-03-15 2:38 pm
TORONTO - The Royals and Blue Jays have moved on: After an exchange of hit batters, they're now trading barbs on Twitter.
- Duffey gets passport delivered after big league call-up Updated: Aug-03-15 2:38 pm
TORONTO - Minnesota Twins pitcher Tyler Duffey wasn't entirely prepared when he got called up to the major leagues for the first time.
- Montgomery, Birmingham among stops on minor league tour Updated: Aug-03-15 12:28 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The men of summer are back on tour.
- Contending teams can never have too many relievers Updated: Aug-03-15 3:18 am
The Kansas City Royals made it look all so easy in 2014. With their bullpen trio of Kelvin Herrera, Wade Davis and Greg Holland, the Royals were almost unbeatable when they had the lead in the seventh inning or later.
- Zimmermann gives up 3 quick HRs; Nats get swept by Mets, 5-2 Updated: Aug-03-15 1:44 am
- Mets hit 3 homers in 5 pitches to sweep Nationals, 5-2 Updated: Aug-03-15 1:05 am
NEW YORK - As the clock ticked past 11 p.m. and "Moondance" by Van Morrison practically wafted through the ballpark, young children ran around the bases as part of a family-friendly promotion normally reserved for Sunday afternoons.
- Angels lose 6th straight, 5-3 to Dodgers in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 10:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - The sputtering Angels are in their worst funk of the season, and the Dodgers didn't do anything to help them out of it.
- Cubs beat Brewers 4-3 to finish 4-game sweep; Bryant hurt Updated: Aug-02-15 9:08 pm
MILWAUKEE - Kris Bryant left the game feeling a little woozy. Hector Rondon nearly squandered a three-run lead in the ninth inning. Joe Maddon got ejected.
- Without Kipnis, Indians offense stymied in 2-1 loss to A's Updated: Aug-02-15 8:54 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Cleveland Indians are having trouble scoring runs. It could get a lot worse if All-Star Jason Kipnis is put on the disabled list.
- Ethier's 2 HRs help Dodgers beat Angels 5-3 in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 8:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - Andre Ethier always wanted to be the guy who made the game-winning 3-pointer or catch the game-winning touchdown pass in the end zone as time expired. In baseball, his only chance at sudden death is a walkoff home run - which he has done six times in his major league career.
- Rockies road trip ends with another 1-run loss Updated: Aug-02-15 8:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - Walt Weiss has had his fill of one-run losses on this road trip.
- Conforto back with Mets; Nieuwenhuis placed on 15-day DL Updated: Aug-02-15 7:53 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Conforto's minor league assignment lasted all of one day.
- Brewers' bats scuffle, Lohse struggles in 4-3 loss to Cubs Updated: Aug-02-15 7:47 pm
MILWAUKEE - Scoring runs was an issue for the Milwaukee Brewers even before trade deadline deals left them turning to backups to fill huge holes in the lineup.
- Athletics edge Indians in 10 innings, 2-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 7:41 pm
- Hamilton homers, Perez wins as Rangers edge Giants 2-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 7:38 pm
- Giants fall short in 2-1 loss to Rangers Updated: Aug-02-15 7:29 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The San Francisco Giants nearly added to their impressive collection of two-out rallies Sunday after being held to only one hit through eight innings.
- Dozier homers in 9th for tie, Mariners beat Twins 4-1 in 11 Updated: Aug-02-15 7:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins had one hit through eight innings. But Brian Dozier said his teammates were swinging well and that they need to be a little more convincing at the plate if they want to hold onto the American League's second wild-card spot.
- Cardinals' Moss helps new team win with game-ending single Updated: Aug-02-15 7:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - Brandon Moss felt as if he got a new baseball life after he was traded to the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday.
- Yankees rough up Samardzija, beat White Sox 12-3 Updated: Aug-02-15 6:39 pm
CHICAGO - From Jacoby Ellsbury all the way down to Stephen Drew at the bottom of the lineup, the New York Yankees bashed their way to a winning road trip.
- Energy level not there for Arizona in 4-1 loss to Astros Updated: Aug-02-15 6:33 pm
- McHugh goes 7 innings, Astros beat Diamondbacks 4-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 6:27 pm
HOUSTON - The last year has been a complete turnaround for Collin McHugh.
- Cabrera's double in 8th helps Rays to 4-3 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 6:14 pm
BOSTON - Junichi Tazawa showed Asdrubal Cabrera the same pitch once too often.
- Cabrera's double in 8th helps Rays to 4-3 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 6:05 pm
BOSTON - James Loney knows it always feels better having a lucky hit at the right time.