- Minor league homer king Hessman announces retirement Updated: Nov-28-15 4:39 pm
NEW YORK - Minor league home run king Mike Hessman says he is retiring as a player and will pursue a career as a coach.
- Police: Puig gets swollen eye during encounter with bouncer Updated: Nov-27-15 11:50 pm
MIAMI - Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig sustained a swollen eye and facial bruises during a fight with a bouncer.
- Blue Jays bring back free-agent lefty Happ for $36M, 3 years Updated: Nov-27-15 10:11 pm
TORONTO - J.A. Happ is headed back to the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Royals GM Dayton Moore to help with KC Christmas tradition Updated: Nov-26-15 2:48 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The general manager of the World Series champion Royals is helping with an annual Christmas tradition in Kansas City.
- Former MLB outfielder Otis Nixon arrested Updated: Nov-26-15 1:53 pm
ATLANTA - Jail records show that former Major League Baseball outfielder Otis Nixon was arrested on charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and permitting an unlicensed person to drive.
- Braves add veteran pitcher Bud Norris to young rotation Updated: Nov-25-15 6:06 pm
ATLANTA - The Braves have added a veteran pitcher to their young rotation, agreeing to a one-year contract with right-hander Bud Norris.
- Diamondbacks name Magadan hitting coach Updated: Nov-25-15 2:54 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have hired Dave Magadan as their hitting coach.
- Catcher Alex Avila and White Sox reach $2.5 million deal Updated: Nov-25-15 2:34 pm
CHICAGO - Free agent catcher Alex Avila and the Chicago White Sox have agreed to a $2.5 million, one-year contract.
- Rockies trade Brothers to Cubs for Cabrera Updated: Nov-25-15 2:32 pm
- A's acquire Jed Lowrie from Astros for minor league reliever Updated: Nov-25-15 2:07 pm
OAKLAND, California - Infielder Jed Lowrie is returning to Oakland after a one-year stay in Houston.
- Angels complete staff with new bullpen coach Scott Radinsky Updated: Nov-25-15 1:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Scott Radinsky has been named the Los Angeles Angels' new bullpen coach.
- Back up: Brewers OF Ryan Braun optimistic following surgery Updated: Nov-25-15 1:19 pm
MILWAUKEE - Nearly two months after back surgery, Milwaukee Brewers right fielder Ryan Braun said he is feeling well and is optimistic that he will be back to 100 percent for spring training.
- Cubs minor leaguer Griggs suspended 50 games for drug test Updated: Nov-25-15 1:01 pm
NEW YORK - Chicago Cubs pitcher Tanner Griggs has been suspended for the first 50 games of next season after a positive test for amphetamine under baseball's minor league drug program.
- Catcher Geovany Soto and Angels agree to $2.8 million deal Updated: Nov-25-15 12:30 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Free-agent catcher Geovany Soto and the Los Angeles Angels have agreed to a $2.8 million, one-year contract.
- Pirates get right-hander Webster from Arizona for cash Updated: Nov-25-15 11:24 am
- Obama honoring Streisand, Spielberg, Yogi Berra and more Updated: Nov-24-15 10:54 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama recognized 17 Americans with the nation's highest civilian award on Tuesday, including the first African-American woman elected to Congress, one of the greatest catchers in baseball history and a "Funny Girl."
- Bud Black rejoins LA Angels in front-office job Updated: Nov-24-15 10:10 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Bud Black has rejoined the Los Angeles Angels as a special assistant to the general manager.
- Rockies' Reyes pleads not guilty to abusing wife in Hawaii Updated: Nov-24-15 9:20 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Colorado Rockies shortstop Jose Reyes is pleading not guilty to allegations of abusing his wife at a Hawaii resort.
- Mets sign right-hander Pimentel to minor league contract Updated: Nov-24-15 8:38 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets and right-hander Stolmy Pimentel have agreed to a minor league contract with an invite to spring training.
- White Sox acquire RHP Kahnle from Rockies for minor leaguer Updated: Nov-24-15 5:31 pm
- Carpenter, Lavarnway agree to minor league deals with Braves Updated: Nov-24-15 4:25 pm
ATLANTA - Right-hander David Carpenter has agreed to a minor league contract with the Atlanta Braves.
- Marlins fire TV analyst Tommy Hutton after 19 seasons Updated: Nov-24-15 3:56 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Marlins have fired Tommy Hutton, their TV analyst for 19 years.
- Chris Iannetta, Mariners agree to $4.25 million 1-year deal Updated: Nov-24-15 3:38 pm
SEATTLE - Chris Iannetta has a new team and a chance to prove last season was a disappointing outlier in his career.
- Atlanta reveals 3 bidders for Turner Field redevelopment Updated: Nov-24-15 10:57 am
ATLANTA - Three groups, including Georgia State University, have submitted bids to acquire all or part of Turner Field, according to the recreation authority overseeing the sale and redevelopment of the ballpark.
- Japanese pitcher Maeda expresses intent to move to MLB Updated: Nov-24-15 6:13 am
TOKYO - Japanese pitcher Kenta Maeda says he wants to play for a team in Major League Baseball next season.