- Arenado, LeMahieu hoping Tulowitzki joins them in Cincinnati Updated: Jul-07-15 7:26 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Rockies' two newest All-Stars are hoping they can bring a third along to Cincinnati next week.
- Yankees to get Miller, Ellsbury back from DL on Wednesday Updated: Jul-07-15 7:23 pm
NEW YORK - The first-place Yankees are about to get a pair of important players back at once.
- Rockies claim Germen off waivers, move Morneau to 60-day DL Updated: Jul-07-15 7:06 pm
- Rangers reach deal with Cuban infielder Andy Ibanez Updated: Jul-07-15 7:02 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers agreed to terms with Cuban infielder Andy Ibanez on an international free-agent contract on Tuesday.
- Lyons, Cardinals fall 7-4 to Cubs in Game 1 of day-night DH Updated: Jul-07-15 6:32 pm
CHICAGO - Tyler Lyons hung in even as he struggled with his control. He could have used a little more support, though.
- Tampa Bay loses to Royals 9-5 on game-ending grand slam Updated: Jul-07-15 6:30 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Good thing Brad Boxberger had already gotten his All-Star nod from Royals manager Ned Yost.
- A-Rod 'disappointed' by All-Star omission, but not surprised Updated: Jul-07-15 6:27 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez says he is "obviously disappointed" to be left off the American League All-Star team, but considered himself "a long shot" to get selected.
- Orlando's grand slam in 9th gives Royals 9-5 win over Rays Updated: Jul-07-15 6:18 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Paulo Orlando was biding his time in Triple-A, hoping to be recalled by the Royals when the rosters expand in September, when he got a call from them over the weekend.
- Arrieta, Rizzo lead Cubs over Cards in doubleheader opener Updated: Jul-07-15 6:14 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta figured he had a chance to make the NL All-Star team, the way he is pitching. He also realized the competition for a spot was stiff.
- Pujols says he will take part in All-Star Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-07-15 6:08 pm
DENVER - Los Angeles Angels first baseman Albert Pujols says he will compete in the All-Star Home Run Derby.
- Hip-hop concerts canceled ahead of All-Star Game after melee Updated: Jul-07-15 1:20 pm
CINCINNATI - Saturday night's scheduled concert by homegrown rapper Cal Scruby and the remainder of a summer series have been canceled in the aftermath of violence last weekend in downtown Cincinnati, organizers said Tuesday as city leaders readied preparations for hosting baseball's All-Star Game next week.
- Rays put OF Steven Souza Jr on DL, reinstate John Jaso Updated: Jul-07-15 1:08 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Rays placed outfielder Steven Souza Jr. on the disabled list with a lacerated finger and reinstated utility man John Jaso before Tuesday's doubleheader in Kansas City.
- Cubs recall Beeler to start second game against Cardinals Updated: Jul-07-15 1:03 pm
- Fan hit by line drive and injured during Braves-Brewers game Updated: Jul-07-15 10:42 am
MILWAUKEE - A woman sitting several rows behind the Milwaukee Brewers' dugout was injured Monday night when she was hit by a line drive off the bat of Atlanta's Eury Perez.
- Display in Pierre shows history of baseball in South Dakota Updated: Jul-07-15 7:32 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - As Major League Baseball's All-Star Game approaches, the Cultural Heritage Center in Pierre is reminding fans of its ongoing exhibit that traces the history of baseball in South Dakota.
- Phillies lose to Dodgers 10-7; pitcher O'Sullivan demoted Updated: Jul-07-15 3:56 am
LOS ANGELES - Already at the bottom of the NL East, the Phillies hit a new low.
- Rollins rallies Dodgers past his old Phillies team, 10-7 Updated: Jul-07-15 3:47 am
LOS ANGELES - Jimmy Rollins saw a gaping hole in left field and visualized hitting the ball right there. Then he did just that, teeing off on a sinker left up for the go-ahead runs in the seventh inning.
- Tough night for Mariners pitchers in 12-5 loss Updated: Jul-07-15 3:05 am
SEATTLE - If they didn't already know it, Mayckol Guaipe and David Rollins are both well aware now how tough it is to pitch in the big leagues.
- Back home, Brewers end 8-game win streak, lose 5-3 to Braves Updated: Jul-07-15 3:00 am
MILWAUKEE - Back after a perfect road trip, the Milwaukee Brewers struggled at home again.
- Giants' bullpen staggers again in 3-0 loss to Mets Updated: Jul-07-15 3:00 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Giants rookie Chris Heston had another strong outing against the New York Mets, nearly one month after shutting them down completely while throwing the first no-hitter in the majors this season.
- Castellanos has 4 RBIs, Tigers win 12-5 Updated: Jul-07-15 2:59 am
SEATTLE - Detroit manager Brad Ausmus doesn't think hitting is contagious. J.D. Martinez disagrees, and has significant proof to point to after Monday's win over the Seattle Mariners.
- Niese gets 1st win since May 9, Mets top skidding Giants 3-0 Updated: Jul-07-15 2:47 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Jonathon Niese had been waiting almost two months to earn a win. So when it took nine innings for the New York Mets to build a lead Monday night, that was just fine with him.
- Braves win 5-3 to end Brewers' 8-game winning streak Updated: Jul-07-15 2:30 am
MILWAUKEE - Braves rookie Matt Wisler made his second career road start Monday night. He fared much better this time around against the hottest team in the majors.
- Cubs squander strong performance from Lester in 6-0 loss Updated: Jul-07-15 1:44 am
- Dozier's two-run homer in 10th lifts Twins over Orioles 4-2 Updated: Jul-07-15 12:36 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Orioles' pitching staff had kept the Twins hitless for 21 consecutive batters with one out in the 10th. That streak ended decisively.