- Olympic skicross racer banned in doping rule case Updated: Jul-27-15 11:00 am
BERN, Switzerland - Two-time Olympic skicross racer Sanna Luedi of Switzerland has been banned from competing for one year after breaking anti-doping rules.
- Electronic Sports League to begin random drug tests Updated: Jul-23-15 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Drug testing is coming to e-sports.
- Feds end prosecution of Barry Bonds without conviction Updated: Jul-21-15 8:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - After a nearly decade-long steroids prosecution, Barry Bonds emerged victorious Tuesday when federal prosecutors dropped what was left of their criminal case against the career home runs leader.
- Pan Am medical head says 8 positive tests so far Updated: Jul-21-15 7:24 pm
TORONTO - The head of the medical commission for the Pan Am Games says there have been eight positive doping tests so far, a figure he puts "in the average range" for what would be expected at the multi-sports event.
- A template is there for team medal in Olympic golf Updated: Jul-21-15 12:42 pm
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Only individual medals will be awarded next year when golf returns to the Olympics for the first time since 1904. Whether a team competition is added for Tokyo in 2020 depends partly on the success of golf in Rio, and more on whether the IOC deems it worthy of adding golf medals.
- IOC president wants good competition from best golfers Updated: Jul-18-15 8:44 am
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - The president of the IOC says golf doesn't have to put on a spectacular show in its return to the Olympics after a 112-year absence except to have good competition among a wide range of the best players in the world.
- Croatian water polo champ banned 4 years for evading test Updated: Jul-17-15 9:09 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A member of Croatia's 2012 Olympic champion men's water polo team has been banned for four years for a doping violation.
- Congressmen proposing uniform drugs rules in horse racing Updated: Jul-16-15 12:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Two congressmen are introducing a bill that would establish uniform drug and medication standards in thoroughbred racing in 2017.
- Russia withdraws walk team to avoid doping 'disgrace' Updated: Jul-16-15 12:09 pm
Russia said Thursday it has withdrawn its world-beating team of race-walkers from all international competitions to avoid "disgrace" in the wake of a series of doping allegations.
- Pan Am Games urged by WADA to store drug-test samples Updated: Jul-14-15 9:06 pm
TORONTO - The World Anti-Doping Agency has urged organizers of the Pan Am Games and other large multi-sport events to follow the example of the International Olympic Committee and store samples for possible testing in the future.
- Rule change means Gatlin ineligible for athlete of year Updated: Jul-14-15 9:27 am
LONDON - Even if Justin Gatlin manages to beat Usain Bolt at next month's world championships, he won't be eligible for the sport's athlete of the year award.
- Claudia Pechstein hits back at ISU over doping allegations Updated: Jul-10-15 6:44 pm
BERLIN - Five-time Olympic speedskating champion Claudia Pechstein accused the International Skating Union of having a "sick mindset" on Friday for criticizing her campaign to clear her name of doping allegations.
- Paolini tests positive for cocaine at Tour de France Updated: Jul-10-15 3:17 pm
FOUGERES, France - This year's Tour de France was hit by its first doping case as Italian rider Luca Paolini was thrown out of the race on Friday after testing positive for cocaine during cycling's biggest event.
- Stallings suspended 3 months for doping violation Updated: Jul-07-15 6:09 pm
Scott Stallings has been suspended for three months for violating the PGA Tour's anti-doping policy, making him the third player to be sanctioned for performance-enhancing drugs since the policy was introduced to golf seven years ago.
- Astana creates new controversy at Tour de France Updated: Jul-04-15 12:36 pm
UTRECHT, Netherlands - On the very first day of the Tour de France, Vincenzo Nibali's Astana team found itself at the heart of another controversy after allowing one of its riders to start the race despite questions raised over his testing results.
- Jamaica anti-doping agency starts collecting blood samples Updated: Jun-29-15 5:16 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaica's anti-doping agency announced Monday that it has started collecting blood samples to test athletes on the Caribbean island that produces the world's dominant sprinters.
- Goucher lashes out at former coach Alberto Salazar Updated: Jun-28-15 5:00 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - An upset Kara Goucher took exception at being called a liar by Alberto Salazar after her former coach went public to clear his name over doping allegations.