- Bach to travel to Brazil to check on Rio preps Updated: Dec-04-13 12:55 pm
- WADA expects Russian lab to avoid Olympic ban Updated: Nov-29-13 11:51 am
- German anti-doping lab finds 266 steroids cases Updated: Nov-29-13 9:31 am
- Jamaica anti-doping board resigns after audit Updated: Nov-22-13 9:09 pm
- Aussie motorcyclist loses results in doping case Updated: Nov-22-13 2:15 pm
- IOC retesting 350 Turin samples at cost of $500K Updated: Nov-22-13 11:10 am
- Lance Armstrong settles $3M insurance lawsuit Updated: Nov-20-13 4:26 pm
- British horse racing tightens trainer doping rules Updated: Nov-20-13 11:17 am
- IOC using new steroid test on Turin doping samples Updated: Nov-19-13 10:28 am
- Ex-UCI president questions Armstrong's credibility Updated: Nov-19-13 9:37 am
- Armstrong: UCI head planned Tour doping cover-up Updated: Nov-18-13 2:03 pm
- Russian sports minister promises doping lab reform Updated: Nov-18-13 5:25 am
- Track leader criticizes WADA on Jamaica probe Updated: Nov-17-13 10:36 am
- WADA provisionally suspends Russian doping lab Updated: Nov-17-13 6:35 am
- Tougher bans for doping cheats approved by WADA Updated: Nov-15-13 1:44 pm
- Britain's Craig Reedie elected WADA president Updated: Nov-15-13 1:33 pm
- WADA, cycling body unite on doping inquiry Updated: Nov-14-13 10:03 am
- Doping team visits Bayern as FIFA tests top stars Updated: Nov-14-13 7:39 am
- USADA offers to help Jamaica with doping issues Updated: Nov-13-13 2:36 pm
- Cycling, WADA have agreement on inquiry Updated: Nov-13-13 11:57 am
- Swiss lab to handle drug tests at World Cup Updated: Nov-12-13 3:57 pm
- WADA: New steroid profiling, athletes' mobile app Updated: Nov-12-13 3:36 pm
- Tennis player banned after positive for meth Updated: Nov-11-13 2:09 pm
- AP Interview: Tygart says door open for Armstrong Updated: Nov-11-13 8:51 am
LONDON - Warning that Brazil has "no time to lose," new International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach will travel soon to Rio de Janeiro to check on the troubled preparations for the 2016 Games.
ZURICH - The World Anti-Doping Agency expects the Russian laboratory assigned to test samples at the Sochi Olympics to meet Sunday's deadline for improving its operations.
ZURICH - A German anti-doping laboratory using a new steroid test has found 266 positive cases in the past year and is finding other positives in retesting of old samples.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - All 12 members of the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission have resigned amid questions about drug testing on an island that has produced some of the world's top track stars.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Australian motorcyclist Anthony West has had all his results from the past 18 months annulled because of a doping offense.
LONDON - The doping retests from the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin involve 350 samples, cost $500,000 and are based on intelligence that targets athletes and events considered most at risk for cheating, the IOC's medical director said.
AUSTIN, Texas - A day before he was scheduled to give sworn testimony about his use of performance-enhancing drugs, Lance Armstrong reached a settlement Wednesday with an insurance company that was seeking $3 million in performance bonuses it paid him from 1999 to 2001.
LONDON - Britain's horse racing body says trainers could face doping sanctions without a positive sample from a horse.
LONDON - The IOC is using an improved steroid test to reanalyze frozen doping samples from the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin and may use the same method to conduct retests from the 2008 Beijing Games.
AMSTERDAM - Former UCI president Hein Verbruggen has questioned Lance Armstrong's credibility after the American rider implicated the Dutchman in covering up doping at the 1999 Tour de France.
Lance Armstrong claims former International Cycling Union president Hein Verbruggen instigated a cover-up of his doping at the 1999 Tour de France.
MOSCOW - Russia's sports minister says there will be reforms made to the laboratory that is to do drug tests at the Sochi Olympics following the threat of suspension by the World Anti-Doping Agency.
MONACO - IAAF President Lamine Diack has criticized the World Anti-Doping Agency for what he called a "ridiculous" campaign against Jamaica and Kenya after the two track powerhouses were placed under scrutiny for a lack of anti-doping tests.
JOHANNESBURG - The Russian drug-testing lab for February's Winter Olympics in Sochi faces suspension unless it significantly improves the reliability of its results by Dec. 1.
JOHANNESBURG - Drug cheats will be kept out of at least one Olympics after WADA doubled the ban for a first offense from two years to four, the key change to the global fight against doping in sports.
JOHANNESBURG - Craig Reedie has been elected president of the World Anti-Doping Agency.
JOHANNESBURG - The World Anti-Doping Agency and cycling's governing body will work together to investigate the sport's dark doping past. Cycling's new leader said there should be "incentives" for some people to testify, raising the possibility of leniency for Lance Armstrong.
JOHANNESBURG - FIFA is creating blood and urine profiles of the world's top players with unannounced visits by an anti-doping team to clubs like Champions League winner Bayern Munich, ensuring the stars are under scrutiny ahead of next year's World Cup.
JOHANNESBURG - The chief executive of the United States Anti-Doping Agency says his organization has held discussions with The World Anti-Doping Agency and the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission.
JOHANNESBURG - Cycling's governing body and the World Anti-Doping Agency have an agreement on an independent commission to look into the sport's drug-stained past, and Lance Armstrong will be invited to take part, UCI President Brian Cookson told The Associated Press.
JOHANNESBURG - FIFA will use a laboratory in Switzerland to handle drug testing during the 2014 World Cup because the facility in Brazil will not be ready.
JOHANNESBURG - A new urine test designed to catch athletes who take steroids will be introduced by the World Anti-Doping Agency next year and used at the World Cup in Brazil.
LONDON - Spanish tennis player Nuria Llagostera Vives was suspended for two years on Monday after testing positive for methamphetamine last summer at a California tournament.
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Lance Armstrong must cooperate fully if he wants to win back some of his reputation and help cycling recover from its drug-stained past, the head of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency said.