- Italian cycling team summoned for breaching rules Updated: May-20-15 9:12 am
PARIS - The Movement for Credible Cycling as summoned the Bardiani-CSF team to a meeting next month after one of its riders entered the Giro d'Italia despite an abnormally low cortisol level.
- Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland dies at 77 Updated: May-16-15 11:14 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland has died after a battle against cancer, the International Olympic Committee said Saturday. He was 77.
- WADA lifts suspension of doping lab for 2016 Rio Olympics Updated: May-13-15 7:38 pm
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has lifted the suspension of the drug-testing lab in Rio de Janeiro, clearing the way for its use at next year's Olympics.
- IOC strips US of Olympic relay medals in Gay doping case Updated: May-13-15 3:31 pm
LONDON - The entire U.S. men's sprint relay team was stripped of its silver medal from the 2012 London Olympics on Wednesday as a result of Tyson Gay's doping case.
- WADA: micro-doses of drugs could escape detection Updated: May-12-15 2:41 pm
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has acknowledged that a French documentary "did raise questions" about the ability of athletes to take micro-doses of banned substances and escape detection under biological passport rules.
- WADA to appeal decision in Essendon supplements case Updated: May-11-15 11:54 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The World Anti-Doping Agency is set to appeal against the Australian Football League anti-doping tribunal's findings in the Essendon supplements case.
- Column: After sullied week in sports, let's all shower off Updated: May-08-15 6:02 pm
After a sullied week in sports, we sure could use a shower.
- Brazil hoping WADA approves anti-doping lab for Rio Olympics Updated: May-08-15 3:11 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian sports officials say they are hopeful a new anti-doping laboratory will be approved next week by the Montreal-based World Anti-Doping Agency.
- CAS sets 2-day hearing in Marta Dominguez doping case Updated: May-06-15 7:59 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Former world champion runner Marta Dominguez will face accusations of blood doping at a two-day hearing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
- WADA slams French documentary on biological passport flaws Updated: May-05-15 10:56 am
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has criticized a French documentary showing how the use of micro-doses of banned substances could boost performance while escaping biological passport rules.
- WADA seeks whistleblowers' input on Russian doping Updated: Apr-27-15 7:26 am
MONTREAL - The World Anti-Doping Agency has set up an online site for whistleblowers to report information about doping in Russia.
- Column: Bonds, Clemens, Rose deserve to be in Cooperstown Updated: Apr-24-15 8:44 pm
Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens deserve their plaques in Cooperstown.
- Manfred downplays possibility of big leaguers in Olympics Updated: Apr-23-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - Don't expect to see big league baseball players at the 2020 Olympics, even if the IOC reinstates the sport for the Tokyo Games. And new Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says the sport's international governing body should demand a long-term pledge from the International Olympic Committee before agreeing to return.