- Rutgers fires coach Flood and AD Hermann after 4-8 failure Updated: Nov-29-15 8:25 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers fired football coach Kyle Flood and athletic director Julie Hermann on Sunday, stripping the athletic department of its most prominent employees after a season that was a failure on and off the field.
- Memphis begins search, names Dickey interim head coach Updated: Nov-29-15 8:02 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis has named offensive coordinator Darrell Dickey interim head coach while it begins seeking a permanent replacement for Justin Fuente, who left Sunday to take over Virginia Tech's program.
- North Carolina football reserve arrested at Raleigh club Updated: Nov-29-15 7:44 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A reserve cornerback for No. 8 North Carolina has been arrested on an assault charge hours after the Tar Heels beat North Carolina State, leading to his indefinite suspension.
- Georgia Tech's Johnson vows turnaround after dismal season Updated: Nov-29-15 6:45 pm
ATLANTA - Paul Johnson is vowing to turn things around after Georgia Tech struggled through its worst season in more than two decades.
- Heat check: Coaching carousel turns into roller coaster Updated: Nov-29-15 6:40 pm
This coaching carousel is more like a roller coaster and this weekend there was enough action to make those trying to keep up dizzy.
- Thousands turn out to honor 5-year-old Chad Carr, family Updated: Nov-29-15 6:38 pm
SALINE, Michigan - Thousands of people, including University of Michigan football players, have attended a memorial service for the 5-year-old grandson of former coach Lloyd Carr.
- Interim coach Helton leads USC into Pac-12 title game Updated: Nov-29-15 5:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Clay Helton appears wholly uninterested in spending even one minute of the next week publicly politicking for the full-time head coaching position at Southern California.
- Boilermakers to make coaching staff changes in 2016 Updated: Nov-29-15 5:18 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A dismal season has prompted Purdue coach Darrell Hazell to change directions.
- Georgia's Richt stepping down following 'mutual' decision Updated: Nov-29-15 4:55 pm
ATLANTA - Mark Richt stepped down as Georgia's coach on Sunday in what was called a "mutual" decision but looked like a firing.
- AP Top 25: Oklahoma up to No. 3, Clemson-Alabama still 1-2 Updated: Nov-29-15 4:44 pm
Oklahoma moved up to No. 3 behind Clemson and Alabama and the Big Ten placed three teams in the top six of the new Associated Press college football poll.
- Virginia Tech hires Memphis' Justin Fuente to succeed Beamer Updated: Nov-29-15 4:18 pm
Virginia Tech hired Memphis' Justin Fuente as its next football coach Sunday, bringing a quick end to its search for a successor to Frank Beamer.
- Toledo's Matt Campbell named Iowa State coach Updated: Nov-29-15 3:46 pm
Toledo coach Matt Campbell left Ames in October 2014 with a 37-30 loss and a deep appreciation of Iowa State football.
- Kentucky QB Patrick Towles will transfer from Wildcats Updated: Nov-29-15 3:35 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky coach Mark Stoops has announced that junior quarterback Patrick Towles will transfer after starting 10 games this season.
- Penn State fires offensive coordinator Donovan Updated: Nov-29-15 2:01 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State has fired offensive coordinator John Donovan and will begin a national search to find his replacement, the athletic department announced Sunday.
- Virginia's Mike London resigns after 6th season as coach Updated: Nov-29-15 12:13 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Mike London resigned Sunday after failing to guide Virginia to a winning season in five of his six seasons as coach.
- LSU says Les Miles to stay; Tigers beat Texas A&M 19-7 Updated: Nov-29-15 10:27 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Les Miles rode across the Tiger Stadium field on the shoulders of his players while fans chanted his name.
- At least 17 high school football coaches get six-figure pay Updated: Nov-29-15 10:06 am
MOULTRIE, Georgia - The head coach of Colquitt County's football team is one of at least 17 coaches earning a six-figure salary in Georgia, according to The Moultrie Observer's analysis of state data and requests for public information submitted to dozens of local school districts.
- MSU gives unclaimed raffle prizes to charities, nonprofits Updated: Nov-29-15 4:00 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Charities and nonprofit groups in the Lansing area have scored a touchdown after jackpots in two Michigan State football raffles went unclaimed.
- Air Force fails to stop New Mexico's big plays, loses 47-35 Updated: Nov-29-15 3:44 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Timothy McVey made quite an impression in his first start for Air Force against New Mexico on Saturday.
- Sun Devils blow 21-point lead in 48-46 loss to Golden Bears Updated: Nov-29-15 3:26 am
BERKELEY, California - Arizona State coach Todd Graham could see the trouble coming long before California kicker Matt Anderson ended the Sun Devils' hopes of keeping their late-season momentum going.
- New Mexico uses big plays to beat Air Force 47-35 Updated: Nov-29-15 2:58 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico coach Bob Davie knew that his Lobos would be able to exploit the Air Force defense for some big plays.
- Goff rallies Bears to 48-46 comeback win over Sun Devils Updated: Nov-29-15 2:51 am
BERKELEY, California - For one of the few times in his coaching career, California's Sonny Dykes chose the conservative approach.
- Hawaii snaps 8-game skid, 28-26 over Louisiana-Monroe Updated: Nov-29-15 2:48 am
HONOLULU - Paul Harris ran 27 times for 166 yards and a touchdown to help Hawaii snap an eight-game losing streak on Saturday night, 28-26 over Louisiana-Monroe.
- SDSU beats Nevada 31-14 for perfect Mountain West season Updated: Nov-29-15 2:24 am
SAN DIEGO - Donnel Pumphrey and Chase Price surpassed 100 yards rushing on Saturday night, and San Diego State completed an undefeated conference season with a 31-14 win over Nevada.
- PLAYOFF PULSE: Final 4 field falls into place for committee Updated: Nov-29-15 2:18 am
The College Football Playoff selection committee is set up to have a pretty easy championship weekend.