- Sam Hunt: Playing Super Bowl blends love for music, sports Updated: Feb-07-16 8:16 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - As a kid, Sam Hunt dreamt of playing in the Super Bowl. And he was on the right path as a quarterback for both Middle Tennessee State University and the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Woman convicted in ex-quarterback fraud scheme rebuilds life Updated: Feb-06-16 9:18 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Wealthy widow Anita Barney lost nearly her entire fortune to an ex-Ohio State quarterback who defrauded her of hundreds of thousands of dollars to feed a gambling addiction that left him banished from the NFL.
- Even now, the 1946 Army-Navy game worth remembering Updated: Feb-06-16 12:59 am
CORAL GABLES, Florida - A few dozen people were gathered inside a small theater for a brunch get-together, the room decorated with all sorts of military accoutrements. Soldiers past and present were there, some in dress uniform, some decades into retirement. They snapped to attention when the nation's colors were presented, recited the Pledge of Allegiance with pride and told stories for hours.
- Oregon RB Thomas Tyner takes medical retirement Updated: Feb-06-16 12:15 am
Oregon running back Thomas Tyner has decided to take a medical retirement after sitting out all of last season because of a shoulder injury.
- The Latest: Browns owner reached out Manziel, no response Updated: Feb-05-16 11:59 pm
CLEVELAND - The Latest on troubled quarterback Johnny Manziel (all times local):
- Michigan State announces football game ticket price hike Updated: Feb-05-16 6:22 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State is raising ticket prices for football games after its second Big Ten title in three years.
- Big 12 leaders agree to single voice dealing with big issues Updated: Feb-05-16 5:59 pm
IRVING, Texas - Big 12 presidents and chancellors came to one agreement Friday: While working through the possibility of a football championship game, expansion and a league-wide television network, they are going to defer comments to Commissioner Bob Bowlsby.
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June Updated: Feb-05-16 5:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - The University of Southern California hired Pat Haden to guide its storied athletic department through the toughest time in its history.
- Man banned from using Bible verse drops suit against school Updated: Feb-05-16 4:46 pm
DENVER - A graduate of a Colorado university banned from putting Bible citations on a fundraising plaque in the school's football locker room is dropping a federal lawsuit now that the school has removed the original plaques.
- Prosecutors seek to restore Penn State officials' charges Updated: Feb-05-16 4:31 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Prosecutors said Friday they were asking a Pennsylvania appeals court to reconsider its dismissal of some criminal charges against three former Penn State administrators accused of covering up sex abuse complaints against former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
- Ex-Broncos RB Montee Ball arrested in domestic case Updated: Feb-05-16 3:28 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Former Wisconsin and Denver Broncos running back Montee Ball was jailed early Friday on a felony battery charge after an apparent dispute with his girlfriend.
- Penn State awaiting improvement options for Beaver Stadium Updated: Feb-05-16 2:04 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A team of architects and engineers have spent the last two months at Penn State helping formulate a plan that will include a renovation or rebuild of Beaver Stadium.
- Boston College adds former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni Updated: Feb-05-16 1:58 pm
BOSTON - Boston College has hired former Syracuse and Connecticut head coach Paul Pasqualoni as a defensive line coach.
- Duke adds DL coach from BC, shifts Collins into admin role Updated: Feb-05-16 1:15 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke has added Boston College assistant Ben Albert to its defensive coaching staff and shifted Jim Collins into an administrative role.
- TCU vs. Texas game moved to Friday after Thanksgiving Updated: Feb-05-16 12:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Big 12 has moved the TCU-Texas football game to the Friday after Thanksgiving, instead of playing on the holiday.
- Correction: UCLA-USC story Updated: Feb-05-16 12:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - In a story Feb. 4 about the UCLA-USC game, The Associated Press erroneously reported the final score. Southern California beat UCLA 80-61.
- Iowa bill aimed at Stanford band strikes wrong chord Updated: Feb-05-16 12:34 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A bill that sought to punish Stanford University for its band's Rose Bowl halftime show mocking Iowa has been all but buried in the Iowa Senate.
- TCU-Texas game on Thanksgiving changed to day later Updated: Feb-05-16 12:02 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The TCU-Texas football game originally scheduled for Thanksgiving Day in Austin has been moved to a day later - a Friday.
- 'Right fit' is the sell in B10 recruiting, sideshow or not Updated: Feb-05-16 3:08 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Urban Meyer has the cache and the national championship rings. Jim Harbaugh mixes a khakis-wearing sensibility with a sense of panache.
- Committee to consider expanding replay in targeting calls Updated: Feb-04-16 9:13 pm
The NCAA football rules committee will consider allowing replay officials to call targeting penalties that are missed by on-field officials.
- Florida hires Virginia Tech's Gray as defensive backs coach Updated: Feb-04-16 8:24 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida has hired Virginia Tech assistant Torrian Gray as its defensive backs coach.
- Marshall has 7 home games on 2016 football schedule Updated: Feb-04-16 5:23 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall will play seven home football games next season, highlighted by a matchup with Louisville.
- Syracuse dismisses 2 football players for rules violations Updated: Feb-04-16 5:16 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Sophomore defensive ends Qaadir Sheppard and Amir Ealey have been dismissed from the Syracuse football program for a violation of team rules.
- Louisville AD Jurich seeks to extend Petrino's contract Updated: Feb-04-16 3:57 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich has approached Cardinals football coach Bobby Petrino about a contract extension.
- Boilermakers hire Darrell Funk as offensive line coach Updated: Feb-04-16 3:42 pm
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue hired Darrell Funk as its new offensive line coach Thursday.