- Make-A-Wish helps teen embrace Notre Dame football Updated: Oct-13-15 5:05 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Like many fans, Jack Salmond's heart races when he thinks about Notre Dame football - about the blue and gold uniforms, the Golden Dome, Notre Dame Stadium, Touchdown Jesus.
- Iowa State enters brutal stretch vs TCU, Baylor Updated: Oct-13-15 2:57 am
AMES, Iowa - A somewhat promising start has given way to a troubling reality for Iowa State in Big 12 play.
- With Grier suspended, No. 8 Florida will learn about Harris Updated: Oct-13-15 2:54 am
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida coach Jim McElwain has insisted for months that he has two quarterbacks capable of producing in the Southeastern Conference.
- Who's next for SCarolina? Gamecocks could go for rising star Updated: Oct-13-15 2:38 am
Steve Spurrier is retiring from South Carolina after doing exactly what he said he wanted to when he took the job: Accomplish things that had never been done before in Columbia.
- Firing, suspension, retirement rock college football Updated: Oct-13-15 2:36 am
The news read: USC coach Steve...
- AP Source: Spurrier retiring from South Carolina Updated: Oct-13-15 12:05 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier has told his players that he is retiring, effective immediately.
- Mississippi's Tunsil receives 7-game suspension from NCAA Updated: Oct-12-15 11:02 pm
Mississippi starting left tackle Laremy Tunsil will miss the Rebels' game Saturday against Memphis in addition to the six games he has already sat out after the NCAA ruled he received several improper benefits.
- Tennessee tries to succeed without natural point guard again Updated: Oct-12-15 9:10 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee is in a familiar situation without a pure point guard.
- Arizona State facing stiff challenge at No. 4 Utah Updated: Oct-12-15 8:26 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Arizona State has gotten its season back on track by playing its two best games of the season.
- Ex-A&M football player suspected in Dallas jogger killing Updated: Oct-12-15 8:17 pm
DALLAS - Police say former Texas A&M wide receiver Thomas Johnson has admitted to randomly attacking and killing a man on a Dallas jogging trail.
- Close games and injuries test Wisconsin's resilience Updated: Oct-12-15 7:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A split of close games to open Big Ten play has Wisconsin coach Paul Chryst feeling good about his team headed into homecoming weekend for the Badgers.
- No. 4 Utah hoping takeaways lead to playoff berth Updated: Oct-12-15 7:35 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The fourth-ranked Utah Utes have leaned on their defense throughout the season and ridden its accomplishments to the top of the Pac-12. That's traditionally a good formula for those with championship aspirations.
- USC fires Steve Sarkisian 1 day after putting coach on leave Updated: Oct-12-15 7:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - Southern California fired Steve Sarkisian on Monday, one day after the troubled football coach was put on leave.
- Jim Harbaugh removes countdown clocks and won't look back Updated: Oct-12-15 6:59 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh acknowledged, albeit reluctantly, that the countdown clocks for Michigan State and Ohio State games have been removed from Schembechler Hall.
- Who's next at USC? Possible candidates to be Trojans coach Updated: Oct-12-15 6:59 pm
For the third time in five years, Southern California is searching for a coach.
- Coach Fisher likes progress of No. 11 Seminoles' defense Updated: Oct-12-15 6:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - While Florida State has been giving up yards and first downs its last two Atlantic Coast Conference games, the 11th-ranked Seminoles are still stingy when it comes to points.
- Huskies hope USC win accelerates timeline with young team Updated: Oct-12-15 6:35 pm
SEATTLE - The one item lacking during Chris Petersen's brief tenure at Washington was a signature win, when the Huskies were expected to roll over and ended up with a stunning victory.
- Oklahoma's road back after Texas loss starts at Kansas State Updated: Oct-12-15 6:15 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Despite Oklahoma fans' shock and disappointment following last Saturday's 24-17 loss to rival Texas, their Sooners are in virtually the same position they were in before the game.
- No. 6 LSU coach Miles encouraged by passing game progress Updated: Oct-12-15 5:59 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - No. 6 LSU and eighth-ranked Florida both will likely have a Harris behind center when the unbeaten Southeastern Conference teams clash at Tiger Stadium on Saturday.
- South Dakota lineman suffered spinal cord injury Updated: Oct-12-15 5:54 pm
VERMILLION, South Dakota - University of South Dakota offensive lineman Sam McLeran is recovering from a spinal cord injury that happened during Saturday's game at Western Illinois University.
- Top-ranked Ohio State using 2-quarterback system Updated: Oct-12-15 5:45 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The two-quarterback system with Cardale Jones driving Ohio State across the field until yielding to J.T. Barrett in the red zone is not quite a permanent solution after one game for the top-ranked Buckeyes.
- Winning a game, not B10 West, is Huskers' immediate concern Updated: Oct-12-15 5:22 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - At least Mike Riley still has his sense of humor.
- Coach blaming himself, players for Georgia Tech's slide Updated: Oct-12-15 5:17 pm
ATLANTA - It's gotten so bad for Georgia Tech that coach Paul Johnson can no longer count on his beloved spread option offense to run basic plays.
- Cops: College football player stabs teammate with corkscrew Updated: Oct-12-15 5:10 pm
READING, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania college football player was charged with stabbing his teammate with a corkscrew during a fight at a dormitory.
- Alabama DB: No. 10 Tide defense 'hands down' nation's best Updated: Oct-12-15 5:06 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama's defense has brawny run-stoppers, swift pass rushers and a secondary that lately has been producing more big plays and surrendering fewer.