- Former MSU athlete died of pancreatitis complications Updated: Jul-07-15 1:37 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - An autopsy has determined that former Montana State football player Eryon Barnett died as a result of complications from pancreatitis, or inflammation of the pancreas.
- Krakauer, state return to Montana Supreme Court over records Updated: Jul-07-15 12:24 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - Montana university system officials are returning to the state Supreme Court to appeal a district judge's order that it release information on any action the Commissioner of Higher Education took after a University of Montana court recommended the football team's quarterback be expelled over a rape complaint.
- South Alabama considers new football stadium Updated: Jul-07-15 9:21 am
MOBILE, Alabama - The University of South Alabama says it's exploring whether to build a football stadium on its campus in Mobile.
- FSU QB Johnson off team after video shows him punching woman Updated: Jul-07-15 12:45 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State has dismissed freshman quarterback De'Andre Johnson from the team on the same day that prosecutors released video showing him punching a woman at a bar.
- Utah cornerback Dominique Hatfield suspended indefinitely Updated: Jul-06-15 3:59 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The University of Utah is suspending cornerback Dominique Hatfield after he was charged last week with aggravated robbery and theft.
- 2 Eastern Kentucky football players reinstated to team Updated: Jul-06-15 3:38 pm
RICHMOND, Kentucky - Two Eastern Kentucky University football players who were suspended after fighting have been reinstated to the team.
- Former Montana State defensive back Barnett dies Updated: Jul-05-15 1:00 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Former Montana State cornerback Eryon Barnett has died.
- Turner takes leading role on UNC's veteran offensive line Updated: Jul-03-15 12:36 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - The way coach Larry Fedora sees it, Landon Turner is the perfect leader for North Carolina's offensive line.
- Australian academy prepares punters for US college football Updated: Jul-03-15 11:59 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The fog is still lifting off a deserted playing field on the outskirts of this southern Australian city as 10 aspiring college football punters begin their morning drills.
- District attorney declines to file charges against Diddy Updated: Jul-02-15 9:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County district attorney's office declined Thursday to file felony charges against Sean "Diddy" Combs for a confrontation last month at the University of California, Los Angeles, where his son plays football.
- Utah CB Dominique Hatfield charged with robbery, theft Updated: Jul-02-15 6:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah cornerback Dominique Hatfield has been charged with aggravated robbery and theft by prosecutors who say he robbed a man at knifepoint who planned to buy an Xbox game console from him.
- Former Virginia Tech athletic director Jim Weaver dies Updated: Jul-02-15 5:36 pm
Jim Weaver, who guided Virginia Tech's transition into the Atlantic Coast Conference and served as the university's athletic director for more than 16 years, has died.
- Clemson, coach Dabo Swinney adjusts to offseason problems Updated: Jul-02-15 5:09 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - It has not been the most trouble-free offseason for Clemson and coach Dabo Swinney.
- Lumberjacks' DeGroote dies at 22 while vacationing Updated: Jul-02-15 5:03 pm
DENALI NATIONAL PARK AND PRESERVE, Alaska - Northern Arizona football player Michael DeGroote died after apparently shooting himself with a gun while vacationing with his family in Alaska.
- Bike fundraiser for brain injured ex-football player ends Updated: Jul-02-15 11:15 am
MANKATO, Minnesota - The father and brother of a former Minnesota State University football player who suffered a brain injury last year have finished a cross-country bike tour to raise money for those with similar injuries.
- Pitt's Tyler Boyd waives DUI hearing, hopes for probation Updated: Jul-01-15 5:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh star wide receiver Tyler Boyd has waived his right to a preliminary hearing on drunken driving charges and several related citations and hopes to enter a probation program for first-time offenders, his defense attorney said Wednesday.
- Arkansas says 1 million Hog fans passed turnstiles Updated: Jul-01-15 5:03 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas says more than 1 million paying fans passed the turnstiles to attend Razorback sporting events in the 2014-15 school year.
- Yow savors Wolfpack's work to reach goal of Top 25 status Updated: Jun-30-15 6:23 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Athletic director Debbie Yow has spent five years pushing to turn North Carolina State into a top-25 program. The 2014-15 sports season has brought the Wolfpack to the edge of that goal.
- Florida State freshman De'Andre Johnson charged with battery Updated: Jun-30-15 4:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State freshman quarterback De'Andre Johnson has been charged with punching a woman in the face in a nightclub.
- Duke's Tomlinson, UVa's Brian voted ACC athletes of year Updated: Jun-30-15 3:48 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Duke football player Laken Tomlinson and Virginia women's soccer player Morgan Brian are the Atlantic Coast Conference's male and female athletes of the year.
- McKinley heads up new class for SC sports hall of fame Updated: Jun-30-15 2:57 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - One of the first players South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier signed to turn the program around is now part of the school's athletic hall of fame.
- Maryland football coach Randy Edsall gets 3-year extension Updated: Jun-30-15 2:09 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Maryland football coach Randy Edsall has been rewarded with a three-year contract extension after guiding the Terrapins to consecutive winning seasons and back-to-back bowl bids.
- Auburn-Oregon set for 2019 opener, 9 years after BCS meeting Updated: Jun-30-15 1:19 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Auburn and Oregon will open the 2019 season at the home of the Dallas Cowboys, nine seasons after meeting in the BCS national championship game.
- University of Miami grad donates $1 million to school Updated: Jun-30-15 8:53 am
CORAL GABLES, Florida - A University of Miami graduate has donated $1 million to the school, money that will perpetually fund a scholarship for a football player.
- Man convicted of rape wants to play football in college Updated: Jun-29-15 6:28 pm
NELSONVILLE, Ohio - A former high school football player found delinquent in the rape of a 16-year-old girl wants to play at the community college level.