- Arkansas strength and conditioning coach earns recognition Updated: May-06-15 2:21 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas strength and condition coach is set to receive a prestigious national recognition.
- Marshall RB Steward Butler charged in beating of 2 gay men Updated: May-06-15 1:45 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall athletic director Mike Hamrick says backup running back Steward Butler has been suspended following his arrest in the beating of two gay men.
- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer undergoes appendectomy Updated: May-06-15 1:06 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State coach Urban Meyer has been sidelined with an appendectomy.
- Falcons' class of 19 undrafted rookies includes 3 WRs Updated: May-06-15 11:41 am
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with 19 undrafted rookies, including wide receivers Marquez Clark of Central Oklahoma, Joshua Stangby of Ottawa University and Shane Wynn of Indiana.
- Determination and peanut butter fuel Ohio State LB Lee Updated: May-06-15 7:14 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Fueled by a mix of confidence, determination, peanut butter and chocolate milk, Ohio State linebacker Darron Lee is right where he always knew he belonged - even if others weren't so sure.
- New bowls push FBS postseason to 42 games, needing 82 teams Updated: May-06-15 12:53 am
The NCAA certified three new bowls to push the total number of postseason games in major college football to new high of 42.
- Big 12's Bowlsby backs off title game talk after meetings Updated: May-05-15 8:24 pm
PHOENIX - The Big 12 has tapped the brakes on the conference championship game talk.
- Stanford, San Diego State announce home-and-home series Updated: May-05-15 8:11 pm
STANFORD, California - Stanford and San Diego State are set to play a future home-and-home series.
- Iowa DB Malik Rucker to leave program Updated: May-05-15 10:59 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa defensive back Malik Rucker is leaving the program.
- Cactus Bowl to move back to Phoenix's Chase Field Updated: May-04-15 9:44 pm
PHOENIX - Due to construction work at Arizona State's Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, the Cactus Bowl will be played for the next three years at Chase Field in Phoenix, home of baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Panthers sign 10 undrafted rookie free agents Updated: May-04-15 5:41 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers announced they have signed 10 undrafted rookie free agents following this past weekend's NFL draft.
- Harvard pass rusher moves to head of Colts' free agent class Updated: May-04-15 5:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Colts have signed 15 undrafted rookies, including Harvard linebacker Zachary Hodges, the 2013 Ivy League defensive player of the year.
- Clemson quarterback Watson on track for full recovery Updated: May-04-15 4:53 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson believes he won't miss a beat despite sitting out all spring after knee ligament surgery. And the Tigers most dynamic player insists he'll return at full speed once he's cleared to cut loose this summer.
- Minnesota wants to host college football championship game Updated: May-04-15 4:38 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota has an idea for a Super Bowl encore: the country's biggest college football game.
- 3 athletes with Montana ties sign free agent deals Updated: May-04-15 1:39 pm
Three football players with Montana ties have free agent deals with NFL teams after the draft ended.
- NDSU and SDSU standouts getting a shot in the NFL Updated: May-04-15 7:37 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Standout North Dakota State University defensive end Kyle Emanuel has found a home in the NFL, while two standout college running backs in the Dakotas are getting shots in the pros.
- Ole Miss coach gets firsthand taste of Talladega speed Updated: May-03-15 3:18 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Hugh Freeze knows a little something about speed and about NASCAR.
- CSU gets guarantee on $220M price tag for stadium Updated: May-03-15 2:35 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - The contractors who will build CSU's new on-campus stadium have guaranteed that it won't cost the university more than $220 million.
- Iosefa receives NFL draft call; Afusia invited to mini-camp Updated: May-03-15 2:11 pm
HONOLULU - A former University of Hawaii running back says his new goal is to play as long as possible at the next level.
- No bluffing: Cowboys stick with defense as draft closes Updated: May-02-15 10:14 pm
IRVING, Texas - Dallas owner and general manager Jerry Jones wasn't bluffing when he said getting a running back wouldn't be a top priority in the draft, even though the Cowboys lost NFL rushing champion DeMarco Murray in free agency.
- Browns wrap up draft, grab wide receiver, ignore quarterback Updated: May-02-15 9:21 pm
BEREA, Ohio - No splash, no sizzle, and surprisingly, no quarterback.
- Vikings turn focus to offense, targeting versatile linemen Updated: May-02-15 8:56 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Their defense fortified with the first three rounds of the NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings turned Saturday to other side of the ball.
- 49ers fortify offense on third day of draft Updated: May-02-15 8:50 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - After addressing defense during the first two days of the NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers turned to offense Saturday.
- Auburn dismisses defensive end Elijah Daniel after arrest Updated: May-02-15 8:45 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has dismissed defensive end Elijah Daniel from the team, three days after the player's arrest.
- Seattle turns focus to offensive line on final day Updated: May-02-15 8:41 pm
RENTON, Washington - After going two days without addressing their biggest need, the Seattle Seahawks wasted no time turning their attention to the offensive line on the final day of the NFL draft.