- Rutgers football player jailed in Florida on robbery charge Updated: May-25-15 11:39 am
BRADENTON, Florida - Authorities say a Rutgers football player is jailed in southwest Florida on a robbery charge.
- La Tech juggles 2016 non-conference games out of 'SEC West' Updated: May-24-15 4:00 pm
RUSTON, Louisiana - Tommy McClelland says that when he became athletic director at Louisiana Tech, the football team was committed to some non-conference games way out of its league in 2016. With a few contract changes and a fellow athletic director's help, he changed that.
- Indiana WR Griffith arrested for driving while intoxicated Updated: May-24-15 12:44 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Indiana wide receiver Isaac Griffith is out of jail after being arrested for driving while intoxicated.
- Penn State eyes college rugby 7s national title this weekend Updated: May-22-15 7:35 pm
DENVER - Caution: "Human Sledgehammer" at work. Big hits about to happen.
- SEC agenda includes graduate transfers, satellite camps Updated: May-22-15 3:44 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The Southeastern Conference agenda for spring meetings leans heavily toward ensuring other leagues don't have any competitive advantage, either from satellite camps or graduate transfers.
- Carr family to raise awareness of pediatric brain cancer Updated: May-21-15 7:50 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The family of 4-year-old with an inoperable brain tumor has announced a new foundation to raise public awareness.
- Siants sign 1st-round pick Andrus Peat Updated: May-21-15 7:33 pm
- Oklahoma, Tulane agree to 3-game football series Updated: May-21-15 6:59 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - Oklahoma and Tulane have announced an agreement for the two universities to play three college football games starting in 2017.
- Georgia to start work on indoor practice facility in January Updated: May-21-15 6:37 pm
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Georgia - Georgia plans to begin construction in January on a new indoor facility that will give the football team a long-awaited practice location during bad weather.
- Haskell Indian Nations University halting football for 2015 Updated: May-21-15 5:07 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Haskell Indian Nations University is suspending its football program for 2015 because of a lack of funds.
- UConn and Syracuse agree to renew football rivalry Updated: May-21-15 3:23 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - Former Big East rivals UConn and Syracuse have announced an agreement to play a home-and-home football series.
- UAB president says no decision made on football program Updated: May-21-15 3:11 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - UAB President Ray Watts said he hasn't made a decision on whether to reinstate football, bowling and rifle.
- Longtime Ohio State spokesman Steve Snapp dead at 69 Updated: May-21-15 1:54 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Steve Snapp, a longtime Ohio State athletics spokesman and sports information director, has died. He was 69.
- All Montana, Montana State football games to be televised Updated: May-21-15 11:51 am
The Montana and Montana State football programs have announced that all the games in their 2015 seasons will be televised.
- Liberty Bowl set for Jan. 2 this season Updated: May-20-15 8:35 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Liberty Bowl is moving to January this season.
- Gang member sentenced for killing Idaho college athlete Updated: May-20-15 7:58 pm
LONG BEACH, California - A gang member who killed a University of Idaho football player and wounded two other people in Los Angeles is going to prison for life.
- Franklin says satellite camp idea planted by other coaches Updated: May-20-15 5:51 pm
NEW YORK - Penn State coach James Franklin wants to make something clear when it comes to the debate about so-called satellite camps: He stole the idea.
- Music City Bowl gets first prime-time kickoff since 2011 Updated: May-20-15 4:51 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The 2015 Music City Bowl will take place Dec. 30 and have its first prime-time kickoff in four years.
- Clemson dismisses defensive end Ogundeko following arrest Updated: May-20-15 3:57 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson backup defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko has been dismissed from the football team after he was arrested and charged with financial transaction fraud for altering a credit card used to purchase gift cards.
- Brett Favre playing football again - for charity Updated: May-20-15 3:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Brett Favre will be playing football again in Wisconsin, just not at Lambeau Field.
- Duke, Kentucky basketball teams earn top marks in classroom Updated: May-20-15 3:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Kentucky's men's basketball team was nearly as perfect in the classroom in 2013-14 as it was on the basketball court last season.
- Bengals sign 2nd-round pick Jake Fisher Updated: May-20-15 3:31 pm
CINCINNATI - The Bengals signed offensive tackle Jake Fisher of Oregon on Wednesday, leaving only two draft picks without contracts.
- WR Johnson joins Clemson football Updated: May-20-15 2:54 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson has added receiver Denzel Johnson to its football signees for next season.
- Nebraska DB Boaz Joseph fined $300 for marijuana possession Updated: May-20-15 11:33 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska reserve defensive back Boaz Joseph has been fined $300 for marijuana possession.
- Ex-Saginaw Valley State player accepts plea deal in assault Updated: May-20-15 8:42 am
KOCHVILLE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A former Saginaw Valley State University football player who was charged with assaulting three former players at an off-campus apartment complex has taken a plea deal.