- Ex-quarterback McNabb spends day in Arizona jail Updated: Apr-17-14 10:30 pm
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying Updated: Apr-17-14 7:38 pm
- Appleby moves up on UW defensive line Updated: Apr-17-14 6:55 pm
- Wyoming football to be on ESPN networks 5 times Updated: Apr-17-14 5:52 pm
- Jeff Brohm winding down 1st spring as WKU coach Updated: Apr-17-14 5:44 pm
- Player: Minnesota State team to back Hoffner Updated: Apr-17-14 3:59 pm
- Nebraska-Fresno St. will kick off at 9:30 p.m. CT Updated: Apr-17-14 1:30 pm
- Michigan and IMG get Dan Dierdorf back in booth Updated: Apr-17-14 1:07 pm
- Excerpts from recent North Dakota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 12:49 pm
- Kansas coach Weis makes Cozart starting QB Updated: Apr-17-14 12:41 pm
- Entertainment venue planned for old Akron stadium Updated: Apr-17-14 5:41 am
- Illinois shows off new-look uniforms, logo Updated: Apr-16-14 10:52 pm
- Texas A&M QB Joeckel to transfer Updated: Apr-16-14 7:51 pm
- Dismissed Clemson QB Kelly apologizes Updated: Apr-16-14 7:15 pm
- Murray hopes workout eases NFL draft concerns Updated: Apr-16-14 7:04 pm
- Allen leads resurgent Arkansas passing attack Updated: Apr-16-14 2:36 pm
- Stanton transitions to UW's new 4-3 defense Updated: Apr-16-14 2:12 pm
- Kentucky QB Whitlow plans to transfer Updated: Apr-16-14 12:24 pm
- Minot State names interim head football coach Updated: Apr-16-14 10:21 am
- Sark: Cody Kessler is still USC's starting QB Updated: Apr-15-14 11:14 pm
- Dabo: QB Stoudt Clemson's starter Updated: Apr-15-14 10:00 pm
- Panthers finish promising spring with dodgeball Updated: Apr-15-14 7:30 pm
- Panel of administrators: NCAA system must change Updated: Apr-15-14 7:08 pm
- Minnesota State, Mankato apologizes to Hoffner Updated: Apr-15-14 5:54 pm
- Minot State looks for new coach after Hoffner exit Updated: Apr-15-14 5:53 pm
MESA, Arizona - Former NFL quarterback Donovan McNabb was released Thursday from an Arizona jail after serving a one-day sentence for a DUI arrest late last year.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A national fraternity group has closed its University of Mississippi chapter after three members were accused of tying a noose around the neck of a statue of the first black student to enroll in the Southern college that was all-white at the time.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - About six months ago, Chase Appleby experienced the lowest of lows for a football player.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Wyoming will be featured on five ESPN network telecasts during the 2014 college football season.
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Western Kentucky's third straight spring with a different coach has at least included some familiarity.
MANKATO, Minnesota - A day after refusing to practice for reinstated coach Todd Hoffner, football players at Minnesota State, Mankato, are now united behind Hoffner as their coach, a player said Thursday.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's football game at Fresno State on Sept. 13 will be televised by CBS Sports Network with kickoff set for 9:30 p.m. CDT.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Dan Dierdorf is ending his brief retirement as a broadcaster to be the radio analyst for University of Michigan football games this fall.
Minot Daily News, Minot, April 16, 2014
AKRON, Ohio - Developers who recently bought the University of Akron's old football stadium have dropped a plan to pursue a pro football team for the facility and are pitching a multiuse entertainment venue instead.
URBANA, Illinois - The University of Illinois showed off new uniforms for football, basketball and other sports Wednesday that the school hopes will provide a recruiting edge.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Texas A&M quarterback Matt Joeckel will leave the school to try and use his final year of eligibility elsewhere.
Former Clemson quarterback Chad Kelly apologized for his behavior with the Tigers and believes he can learn from the experience.
ATHENS, Georgia - Quarterback Aaron Murray still has some convincing to do after undergoing reconstructive knee surgery in late November.
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Bret Bielema left little doubt about the foreseeable future when he said returning starter Brandon Allen had pulled away from the rest of the Arkansas quarterbacks following a scrimmage last week.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - When in doubt, consult the scripture.
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot State University has named an interim head football coach, after newly hired coach Todd Hoffner decided to return to his old job in Minnesota after just 75 days at the northern North Dakota school.
LOS ANGELES - Cody Kessler is still Southern California's starting quarterback after holding off a challenge from freshman Max Browne during the Trojans' spring workouts.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Apparently, Clemson's quarterback competition is not over just yet.
PITTSBURGH - No tailgating.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A panel of college administrators agree the NCAA business model has to change to survive.
MANKATO, Minnesota - Minnesota State, Mankato is apologizing to wrongly fired coach Todd Hoffner, and says it is welcoming him back as head football coach.
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot State says the school is disappointed that football coach Todd Hoffner is returning to his old job in Minnesota.