- 2 ex-college football players charged with assault Updated: Apr-23-14 4:24 pm
- IHSA eliminates padded summer football practice Updated: Apr-22-14 5:26 pm
- Police seek shooter of Ohio high school student Updated: Apr-21-14 4:07 pm
- Man pleads guilty to SW Idaho rampage crimes Updated: Apr-17-14 1:31 pm
- Renasant's name on Tupelo football field Updated: Apr-17-14 12:29 pm
- Prep player charged with assault back in school Updated: Apr-17-14 10:51 am
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings Updated: Apr-16-14 12:16 pm
- TV winners in annual Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-12-14 10:44 pm
- Engaged pair, teen athlete among dead in bus crash Updated: Apr-12-14 6:21 pm
- Man convicted of killing Va. student after game Updated: Apr-10-14 6:19 am
- 16-year-old sophomore shot dead in Chicago Updated: Apr-06-14 1:52 pm
- Harrison twins behind Kentucky's Final Four run Updated: Apr-04-14 6:42 pm
- NFL dreams keep league wannabes motivated Updated: Apr-03-14 12:11 pm
- Slugging it out, 6 decades later Updated: Mar-30-14 12:04 pm
- Pa. students cleared in free speech sign case Updated: Mar-30-14 11:16 am
- Jury clears Union schools in student's 2010 death Updated: Mar-29-14 11:29 am
- Moss, Marshall teaming up for high school camp Updated: Mar-27-14 12:20 pm
- Starkville installs turf at football stadium Updated: Mar-27-14 9:42 am
BOSTON - Two former college football players who went to high school together were charged Wednesday with beating up a homeless man.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois high school sports officials have voted to eliminate full pads from summer football practices.
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio - Students, faculty and other community members on Monday mourned a popular high school football player who police say was fatally shot over the weekend while trying to play the role of peacemaker and police were seeking a 17-year-old suspect.
BOISE, Idaho - A southwest Idaho man has pleaded guilty to five crimes committed during a drug-fueled rampage that left two men hospitalized and others injured.
TUPELO, Mississippi - Tupelo Public School District Superintendent Gearl Loden says the local high school football field will be called Renasant Field once new blue turf is installed this summer.
DETROIT - The Detroit schools have readmitted a high school football star accused of body-slamming a school guard to the ground.
MURRYSVILLE, Pennsylvania - Classes resumed Wednesday at a Pittsburgh-area high school where authorities said a student stabbed or slashed 21 others and a security guard a week ago while rampaging through a hallway with two kitchen knives.
LOS ANGELES - Five high school students and three chaperones have been confirmed dead or are unaccounted for after a charter bus heading to Humboldt State University was struck by a FedEx tractor-trailer in Northern California. The bus and big rig drivers were killed, but their identities have not been released.
NORFOLK, Virginia - A July 25 sentencing is set for a man convicted of killing a Norfolk student after a high school football game.
CHICAGO - Officials say a 16-year-old Chicago boy has been shot and killed on the city's South Side.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Whether they're setting up game-winning shots or hitting them, Andrew and Aaron Harrison have become the maestros orchestrating Kentucky's unexpected run to the Final Four.
INDIANAPOLIS - Marcus Spann was making his appointed rounds Monday, hopscotching between Anderson and Muncie in his DirecTV van. There were TV installation orders to fill.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - When Larry Cumbo was playing football at Catholic High School in the early 1950s, his coaches thought lifting weights made athletes muscle-bound - common but erroneous wisdom of the time. So, he and a teammate started using boxing workouts to get in shape.
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania judge has overturned criminal charges filed against two students who held an offensive sign at a high school football game.
FARMERVILLE, Louisiana - A state district court jury has found Union Parish Schools not responsible in the 2010 death of a Farmerville High School football player.
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Randy Moss is teaming up with Marshall football coach Doc Holliday to hold a two-day camp for area high schools players this summer.
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - When Jamie Mitchell took the head football coaching job at Starkville High School, he mentioned first the program's potential for the state's best facilities.