- TV winners in annual Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-12-14 10:44 pm
- Engaged pair, teen athlete among dead in bus crash Updated: Apr-12-14 6:21 pm
- Charge resolved for coach implicated in rape case Updated: Apr-11-14 1:06 pm
- Plea deal in works for Detroit prep football star Updated: Apr-11-14 11:25 am
- Man convicted of killing Va. student after game Updated: Apr-10-14 6:19 am
- 16-year-old sophomore shot dead in Chicago Updated: Apr-06-14 1:52 pm
- Harrison twins behind Kentucky's Final Four run Updated: Apr-04-14 6:42 pm
- NFL dreams keep league wannabes motivated Updated: Apr-03-14 12:11 pm
- Slugging it out, 6 decades later Updated: Mar-30-14 12:04 pm
- Pa. students cleared in free speech sign case Updated: Mar-30-14 11:16 am
- Jury clears Union schools in student's 2010 death Updated: Mar-29-14 11:29 am
- Moss, Marshall teaming up for high school camp Updated: Mar-27-14 12:20 pm
- Starkville installs turf at football stadium Updated: Mar-27-14 9:42 am
- Atlanta school employees disciplined over football Updated: Mar-21-14 7:07 pm
- LA jury: Helmet maker not liable for player injury Updated: Mar-20-14 11:10 pm
- Not guilty verdict in Naval Academy case Updated: Mar-20-14 12:24 pm
- Kennedale assistant accused of improper recording Updated: Mar-20-14 11:27 am
- Atlanta school penalized in football fraud scheme Updated: Mar-18-14 5:35 pm
- Cause of death for Dawson teen pending Updated: Mar-18-14 11:46 am
LOS ANGELES - Five high school students and three chaperones have been confirmed dead or are unaccounted for after a charter bus heading to Humboldt State University was struck by a FedEx tractor-trailer in Northern California. The bus and big rig drivers were killed, but their identities have not been released.
STEUBENVILLE, Ohio - A teacher and coach accused of trying to thwart an investigation into the rape of a 16-year-old girl in eastern Ohio will have the charge dismissed in exchange for community service at a domestic violence shelter, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced Friday.
DETROIT - A judge is considering whether to approve a plea deal in the case of a high school football star accused of body-slamming a school guard to the ground.
NORFOLK, Virginia - A July 25 sentencing is set for a man convicted of killing a Norfolk student after a high school football game.
CHICAGO - Officials say a 16-year-old Chicago boy has been shot and killed on the city's South Side.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Whether they're setting up game-winning shots or hitting them, Andrew and Aaron Harrison have become the maestros orchestrating Kentucky's unexpected run to the Final Four.
INDIANAPOLIS - Marcus Spann was making his appointed rounds Monday, hopscotching between Anderson and Muncie in his DirecTV van. There were TV installation orders to fill.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - When Larry Cumbo was playing football at Catholic High School in the early 1950s, his coaches thought lifting weights made athletes muscle-bound - common but erroneous wisdom of the time. So, he and a teammate started using boxing workouts to get in shape.
ERIE, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania judge has overturned criminal charges filed against two students who held an offensive sign at a high school football game.
FARMERVILLE, Louisiana - A state district court jury has found Union Parish Schools not responsible in the 2010 death of a Farmerville High School football player.
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Randy Moss is teaming up with Marshall football coach Doc Holliday to hold a two-day camp for area high schools players this summer.
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - When Jamie Mitchell took the head football coaching job at Starkville High School, he mentioned first the program's potential for the state's best facilities.
ATLANTA - The Atlanta school system has punished employees after investigating how football players were fraudulently enrolled at Grady High School.
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles jury has decided helmet maker Riddell Inc. isn't liable for the severe brain injury of a high school football player who suffered a helmet-to-helmet hit during a game.
WASHINGTON - A military judge has found a former U.S. Naval Academy football player not guilty of a sexual assault charge.
KENNEDALE, Texas - An assistant football coach at a North Texas high school has been arrested on improper recording charges after a camera was found in a faculty bathroom.
ATLANTA - Penalties have been imposed on an Atlanta school that allowed football players living outside its service area to use false addresses on enrollment documents.
MADISON, Minnesota - Authorities in Lac qui Parle County (lak-kwah-PAR'-uhl) say the cause of death for a high school standout football player remains under investigation.