- Louisiana high school football player dies Updated: Sep-05-15 11:58 am
WINNSBORO, Louisiana - A coroner's investigator in north Louisiana says a high school football player has died from an injury during a game.
- Column: Football should be Xs and Os, not proselytizing Updated: Sep-04-15 7:00 pm
ATLANTA - A football season begins, and with it comes religion on the gridiron.
- Belton-Honea path football coach charged with sexual battery Updated: Sep-04-15 7:50 am
HONEA PATH, South Carolina - Authorities say a Belton-Honea Path High School football coach has been charged with sexual battery involving a former student.
- Class 6A champ Pine Bluff eager for rematch with Northside Updated: Sep-03-15 2:52 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Pine Bluff overcame three regular-season losses on its way to the Class 6A state championship last season.
- Video shows mass baptism on high school football field Updated: Sep-02-15 4:05 pm
VILLA RICA, Georgia - A video of football players and a coach being dunked into a small tub of water during a mass baptism on a public high school football field is drawing criticism from a religious-freedom group, and officials in Georgia say they're investigating.
- Police probe hazing allegations involving football team Updated: Sep-02-15 2:34 pm
CROMWELL, Connecticut - An investigation is underway into allegations of hazing involving a Connecticut high school football team.
- District investigates mass baptism at Carroll County school Updated: Sep-02-15 6:31 am
VILLA RICA, Georgia - A school district in Georgia is investigating whether football players participated in a mass baptism on school grounds before practice, officials said.
- Brocato, longtime scout for Oilers-Titans, dies of cancer Updated: Sep-01-15 4:48 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - C.O. Brocato, who scouted players over four decades with the Houston Oilers-Tennessee Titans, has died. He was 85.
- Pittsburgh high school coach on leave after student injury Updated: Sep-01-15 9:14 am
PITTSBURGH - An assistant football coach at Westinghouse High School in Pittsburgh has been placed on leave after a student reported being injured by the coach during football practice last month.
- Nebraska AP high school football rankings Updated: Sep-01-15 7:33 am
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.
- 6 high school football players sentenced in hazing case Updated: Aug-31-15 8:01 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Six of the seven football players accused of hazing and sexual assaulting four other teammates in a New Jersey high school locker room were placed on probationary terms, prosecutors announced Monday night.
- Edgecombe high school player shot and wounded after game Updated: Aug-31-15 10:32 am
ROCKY MOUNT, North Carolina - A high school football player in Edgecombe County has been shot and wounded on his way home from a game.
- 2 slain TV station workers honored at Va. high school games Updated: Aug-29-15 1:22 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - Two slain employees of a Roanoke TV station have been honored during the opening weekend of high school football games.
- Helmet heist doesn't stop Ohio team from taking the field Updated: Aug-29-15 12:17 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The high school football season has kicked off around Ohio. But for one team in Columbus, just getting on the field for its season opener proved to be quite a feat.
- Play resumes at repaired $60M high school stadium in Texas Updated: Aug-29-15 10:54 am
ALLEN, Texas - A defending state football champion has won its season opener at the $60 million stadium in North Texas that closed last year with structural problems.
- Judge considers whether to dismiss Illinois head-injury suit Updated: Aug-28-15 6:39 pm
CHICAGO - A judge is considering whether to grant a motion by Illinois' prep sports body to dismiss a class-action head-injury suit against it.
- Smoke affecting high school sports schedules Updated: Aug-28-15 4:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Poor air quality due to forest fires in the West has led to the cancellation, postponement and relocation of several high school football games.
- Private schools: East Mississippi games to watch Updated: Aug-27-15 4:02 pm
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Lamar School started the season off with a bang.
- Ocean Springs, Pascagoula set for another hard-fought battle Updated: Aug-27-15 5:03 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - When Ocean Springs and Pascagoula meet Friday night at Greyhound Stadium, expect another nail biter.
- Former Kentucky standout Lou Tsioropoulos dies at 84 Updated: Aug-26-15 10:27 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Lou Tsioropoulos, a member of Kentucky's 1951 NCAA national championship team and the unbeaten '53-54 squad who went on to win two NBA titles with the Boston Celtics, has died. He was 84.
- Player's cancer fight inspires high school football team Updated: Aug-26-15 12:14 pm
DANVILLE, Alabama - Kane Hogan's life changed in an instant late last January.
- 6 players suspended after SB Washington-Michigan City fight Updated: Aug-25-15 6:41 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The Indiana High School Athletic Association has placed two northern Indiana football teams on probation and suspended six players and two coaches following a fight that forced officials to halt a game at halftime.
- A look ahead: Five prep football games to watch this week Updated: Aug-25-15 4:03 pm
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Just like in the opening week, there are some intriguing prep football games on tap this week in South Mississippi.
- Group renews complaint about pre-game prayer Updated: Aug-25-15 10:38 am
MIDDLESBORO, Kentucky - A group has renewed its complaints about prayers before Bell County High School home football games in southeastern Kentucky.
- OCS backfield out to repeat success Updated: Aug-25-15 8:44 am
MONROE, Louisiana - Ouachita Christian persevered in the face of multiple injuries at running back during the 2014 season to win the LHSAA Division IV state championship.