- Jaguars tight end Lewis welcomes new role, accepts pay cut Updated: May-27-15 6:34 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Tight end Marcedes Lewis knew his role would change after the Jacksonville Jaguars signed free agent Julius Thomas in March.
- McClain, Bryant on offseason missing list for Dallas Cowboys Updated: May-27-15 6:30 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys figured they would be without receiver Dez Bryant most of the offseason because of the star receiver's contract situation.
- Chargers to begin stadium negotiations with city, county Updated: May-27-15 5:57 pm
SAN DIEGO - A spokesman for Mayor Kevin Faulconer says city and county officials will sit down with executives from the Chargers on Tuesday to begin negotiations for a new stadium.
- Pressure on Titans' offensive linemen to protect rookie QB Updated: May-27-15 5:52 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nobody faces more pressure to keep the Titans' new investment in quarterback Marcus Mariota safe than Tennessee's offensive linemen.
- Kraft introduces top draft pick, stays mum on "Deflategate" Updated: May-27-15 5:13 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Robert Kraft spent 80 seconds Wednesday making his first public remarks since saying eight days earlier he wouldn't appeal the Patriots' punishment for using underinflated footballs.
- Redskins release veterans Chris Chester, Tracy Porter Updated: May-27-15 4:59 pm
- Bowles: Jets' QB competition is on, but it's Smith's to lose Updated: May-27-15 4:47 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - The New York Jets will have a quarterback competition, after all. Well, sort of.
- Bears RB Matt Forte says he won't hold out for extension Updated: May-27-15 4:45 pm
- Bills GM tells AP he's had initial talks to re-sign Dareus Updated: May-27-15 3:48 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Bills general manager Doug Whaley says re-signing Marcell Dareus is his team's top priority, and he's already had preliminary contract talks in a bid to lock up the two-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle before the start of training camp next month.
- "Hard Knocks" coming to Houston Updated: May-27-15 3:43 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans will be the stars of this season of "Hard Knocks."
- Missed deadline means no St. Louis stadium vote this summer Updated: May-27-15 3:11 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis city residents won't be voting this summer on using their tax dollars to build a new $985-million riverfront football stadium.
- Veteran back Williams ready for next act with Steelers Updated: May-27-15 2:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - DeAngelo Williams wants to get something straight. Yes, the longtime running back came to Pittsburgh in the offseason to give the Steelers a much-needed influx of depth behind All-Pro Le'Veon Bell.
- For Bears chairman, plenty to second guess in McDonald case Updated: May-27-15 1:54 pm
- Zimmer says Peterson can play for Vikings or not play at all Updated: May-27-15 1:42 pm
- Antonio Smith absent from Broncos OTAs amid criminal probe Updated: May-27-15 1:24 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Defensive end Antonio Smith is absent from the Denver Broncos' organized team activities while prosecutors in Texas investigate a criminal sexual complaint against him.
- Before arrest, 911 caller says NFL player Ray McDonald drunk Updated: May-27-15 9:25 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A 911 caller says NFL defensive end Ray McDonald is drunk in a recording that led to his arrest on suspicion of assaulting a woman holding the couple's baby at his home in Northern California.
- Panthers host 100 youth football moms to discuss safety Updated: May-27-15 4:06 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers are planning to host football moms to show them how to keep their aspiring players safe on the field, and to get some personal experience in what it's like to be in the game.
- 49ers QB Kaepernick apologizes for Houston storm post Updated: May-26-15 9:03 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has apologized for a post on social media Tuesday that referenced flood-ravaged Houston, where San Francisco opens the preseason Aug. 15.
- QB Christian Ponder makes most of opportunity with Raiders Updated: May-26-15 7:57 pm
ALAMEDA, California - After spending last season mired on the bench in Minnesota, Christian Ponder is happy for any chance he gets to work with the first-team offense.
- 911 tapes released about NFL defensive end Ray McDonald Updated: May-26-15 7:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The California Highway Patrol has released audio from the 911 call that led to the arrest of NFL defensive end Ray McDonald on suspicion of child endangerment and domestic violence.
- Stars missing for various reasons as Seahawks open OTAs Updated: May-26-15 7:32 pm
RENTON, Washington - Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril were absent for personal reasons. Michael Bennett and Bruce Irvin were just absent.
- Burke: Michael Sam signing with CFL historic moment Updated: May-26-15 7:25 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - Brian Burke believes the Montreal Alouettes signing of Michael Sam is a tipping point in professional sports.
- Healthy Honey Badger says 'football is fun again' Updated: May-26-15 6:27 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Honey Badger is happy again.
- All-Pro LB Justin Houston absent from OTAs Updated: May-26-15 6:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs kicked off the third phase of the offseason workout program Tuesday with the first set of voluntary organized team activities missing nine players.
- Hard Rock, track propose long-planned casino at Meadowlands Updated: May-26-15 5:58 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Hard Rock International and the Meadowlands Racetrack are proposing a casino just outside New York City that experts say could be one of the most successful in the country but that Atlantic City fears could put it out of business.