- AP source: Babcock in contract talks with Buffalo Sabres Updated: May-19-15 5:12 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Though a deal has not been completed, Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock had negotiations with the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday regarding the possibility of becoming their next head coach.
- UND men's hockey nonconference foes include Wisconsin, Maine Updated: May-19-15 11:39 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota men's hockey team next season will face nonconference opponents from the Big 10, Hockey East and the WCHA.
- Longtime UND assistant Berry named head men's hockey coach Updated: May-18-15 4:17 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Longtime University of North Dakota assistant Brad Berry was named Monday as the school's new head men's hockey coach after Dave Hakstol said he was departing to lead the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Lightning a reminder southern hockey continues to thrive Updated: May-15-15 5:03 pm
FRANKLIN, Tennessee - About the time a new champion hoists the Stanley Cup, players from Canada, Latvia and Hungary will gather in Tennessee for four days to showcase their hockey talent for college coaches and junior league teams.
- Babcock Watch: Weighing Red Wings coach's options Updated: May-09-15 5:29 pm
BUFFALO, New York - From San Jose to Philadelphia, Mike Babcock has no shortage of NHL coaching options after the Detroit Red Wings granted him permission to speak to other teams.
- Goalie Zane McIntyre named MVP of UND men's hockey team Updated: May-07-15 10:08 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Junior goaltender Zane McIntyre has been named most valuable player of the University of North Dakota hockey team that fell just short of a national title.
- Denver, Colorado College to play outdoor game at Coors Field Updated: May-04-15 5:02 pm
DENVER - The University of Denver and Colorado College will play an outdoor hockey game at Coors Field in February.
- Unusual sport of curling finds foothold on Mid-South ice Updated: May-02-15 2:23 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - For most people, curling is that weird ice sport - game? activity? - encountered every four years during the Winter Olympics. It's the event in which two people with brooms sweep away at the ice while what appears to be a giant hockey puck shaped like a teakettle slides toward a target. To the untrained eye of the average television viewer, the sweeping appears to be hypnotically pointless busywork. It looks less practical than magical, as if it were a ritual suitable to that other sport involving brooms, Harry Potter's Quidditch.