- Denver, Colorado College to play outdoor game at Coors Field Updated: May-04-15 5:02 pm
DENVER - The University of Denver and Colorado College will play an outdoor hockey game at Coors Field in February.
- Unusual sport of curling finds foothold on Mid-South ice Updated: May-02-15 2:23 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - For most people, curling is that weird ice sport - game? activity? - encountered every four years during the Winter Olympics. It's the event in which two people with brooms sweep away at the ice while what appears to be a giant hockey puck shaped like a teakettle slides toward a target. To the untrained eye of the average television viewer, the sweeping appears to be hypnotically pointless busywork. It looks less practical than magical, as if it were a ritual suitable to that other sport involving brooms, Harry Potter's Quidditch.
- Olympic hockey team doctor attacked at cemetery Updated: Apr-21-15 8:40 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A 94-year-old physician who served as team doctor for five U.S. men's Olympic hockey squads has suffered serious injuries in an attack while visiting his wife's grave.
- Oilers win NHL draft lottery and chance to select McDavid Updated: Apr-18-15 10:08 pm
The Edmonton Oilers won the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.
- Nearly 20 years after paralyzing hockey injury, Roy turns 40 Updated: Apr-18-15 1:57 pm
BOSTON - Fifteen rows up, Travis Roy watched from his wheelchair as the goalie for his former team scored for the opponent in the NCAA championship game.
- UAF hockey player charged with 2 counts of sexual assault Updated: Apr-16-15 7:08 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A University of Alaska Fairbanks hockey player has been charged with sexually assaulting a woman on campus.
- 7 former UND players skating for the Stanley Cup this year Updated: Apr-16-15 11:23 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Seven former men's hockey standouts at the University of North Dakota are skating for the Stanley Cup this spring.
- UND men's hockey 2015-16 conference schedule announced Updated: Apr-15-15 12:59 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota men's hockey team will have home series next season against National Collegiate Hockey Conference foes Miami, Denver, Omaha, Colorado College, Minnesota Duluth and Western Michigan.
- Friars fans celebrate hockey team's first NCAA championship Updated: Apr-14-15 5:56 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Fans of the Providence College Friars erupted in cheers when the hockey team's co-captain Russ Mauermann exclaimed, "We're national champions!" during a Tuesday victory celebration at Schneider Arena.
- Providence official vows to find source of bottle from crowd Updated: Apr-14-15 8:02 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Providence Public Safety Commissioner Steven ParÃ© (pah-REE') has vowed that officials will find whoever tossed a vodka bottle striking an officer at a Providence College hockey championship celebration.
- UND men's hockey team finishes 3rd in both national polls Updated: Apr-14-15 7:30 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota men's hockey team has finished third in both national polls.
- UND's MacMillan signs contract with NHL's Montreal Canadiens Updated: Apr-13-15 8:47 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota senior hockey forward Mark MacMillan has signed a two-year entry-level contract with the NHL's Montreal Canadiens.
- Rowdy fans celebrate Friars' 1st national hockey title Updated: Apr-12-15 3:14 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Providence College men's hockey team has returned to campus after beating Boston University 4-3 for its first national championship Saturday night.
- Providence beats Boston University 4-3 for NCAA hockey title Updated: Apr-12-15 12:53 am
BOSTON - Providence defenseman Tom Parisi thought he was just dumping the puck in from the red line so the Friars could get some fresh skaters on the ice.
- Boston U's Jack Eichel wins Hobey Baker Award Updated: Apr-10-15 6:42 pm
BOSTON - Boston University freshman Jack Eichel won the Hobey Baker Award on Friday as the top player in college hockey.
- UND's McIntyre wins Mike Richter Award as top goaltender Updated: Apr-10-15 12:49 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - University of North Dakota goaltender Zane McIntyre has won the Mike Richter Award as the best goalie in college hockey.
- BU holds off North Dakota 5-3 in Frozen Four Updated: Apr-10-15 12:41 am
BOSTON - Boston University coach David Quinn wanted freshman star Jack Eichel back on the ice - again.
- Providence beats Neb.-Omaha 4-1 in Frozen Four semifinal Updated: Apr-09-15 11:18 pm
BOSTON - The Providence Friars didn't even know if they'd make it to the NCAA Tournament.
- North Dakota taking on Boston in NCAA Frozen Four semifinal Updated: Apr-09-15 6:09 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota men's hockey team is just a win away from another appearance in the national championship game.
- MSU's Hastings gets national coach of year award Updated: Apr-08-15 4:11 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Minnesota State's Mike Hastings has been chosen as the American Hockey Coaches Association's Coach of the Year for NCAA Division I men's hockey.