- Jury selection begins for ex-UAF player's sex assault trial Updated: Feb-09-16 8:10 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Jury selection has begun for the trial of a former University of Alaska Fairbanks hockey player accused of sexually assaulting a woman on campus.
- TV lights go out at TD Garden during Beanpot championship Updated: Feb-09-16 12:16 am
BOSTON - The championship game of the 64th edition of Boston's Beanpot college hockey tournament was delayed for about 30 minutes on Monday night when the rink TV lighting went out in the first period. Power elsewhere in the building was not affected.
- BC beats BU in OT in 1st 1-0 Beanpot game in 64 year history Updated: Feb-09-16 12:13 am
BOSTON - Boston University forward Jordan Greenway barreled into the net and knocked Boston College goalie Thatcher Demko to the ice, where he remained long enough to scare his coach into checking on him.
- Northeastern beats Harvard 5-1 in Beanpot consolation game Updated: Feb-08-16 8:05 pm
BOSTON - Adam Gaudette had two goals and an assist, leading Northeastern to a 5-1 victory over Harvard in the Beanpot consolation game.
- Trooper issued an average of 2,000 tickets annually in Ohio Updated: Feb-06-16 11:45 am
SANDUSKY, Ohio - The hockey mom from Philadelphia hit 82 mph and never saw the silver patrol car in the median of the Ohio Turnpike.
- Jack Riley, US hockey coach at 1960 Olympics, dies at 95 Updated: Feb-04-16 4:22 pm
Jack Riley, the Army coach who in 1960 guided the U.S. to its first Olympic gold medal in hockey, has died. He was 95.
- AP sources: Warde Manuel agrees to be Michigan's AD Updated: Jan-27-16 11:27 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Warde Manuel has agreed to be Michigan's next athletic director, according to two people familiar with the situation.
- Gophers get basketball-hockey twinbill in 2018 in New York Updated: Jan-27-16 8:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota has been scheduled for a two-sport Big Ten doubleheader at Madison Square Garden in New York in two years.
- Ex-Northland College hockey player charged in hit-and-run Updated: Jan-27-16 3:01 am
ASHLAND, Wisconsin - A second former Northland College hockey player has been charged in connection with a hit-and-run last month in northern Wisconsin.
- Judge OKs reworked NCAA concussions deal - with changes Updated: Jan-26-16 6:36 pm
CHICAGO - A federal judge gave preliminary approval Tuesday to a reworked head-injury settlement between thousands of former athletes and the NCAA that includes a $70 million fund to pay for brain trauma testing and limits legal immunity for the nation's largest college sports governing body.
- Gophers sweep Big Ten weekly hockey awards Updated: Jan-26-16 2:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Gophers have swept the Big Ten weekly hockey awards.
- N. Dakota beats Colorado College 5-1 Updated: Jan-23-16 10:51 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - For the second straight night, North Dakota took a four-goal lead on Colorado College in a National Collegiate Hockey Conference game. This time, there was no comeback.
- Boston College's York first D1 coach with 1,000 career wins Updated: Jan-22-16 10:56 pm
AMHERST, Massachusetts - Jerry York has been in the driver's seat for a number of great college hockey teams. Even after making history Friday night, his focus was on keeping the vehicle moving forward.
- Regents deny discrimination against ex-UMD coaches Updated: Jan-22-16 8:34 pm
DULUTH, Minnesota - The University of Minnesota Board of Regents denies discriminating against three former Minnesota Duluth coaches.
- UND men's hockey team at No. 2 in both national polls Updated: Jan-19-16 10:06 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The University of North Dakota men's hockey team trails Quinnipiac in both national polls, after a split of a weekend series with Omaha.
- Police: Ex-boyfriend killed NY students before suicide Updated: Jan-18-16 4:17 pm
GENESEO, New York - A 24-year-old man distraught over a recent breakup stabbed to death his ex-girlfriend and a fellow college athlete she was with in her off-campus bedroom before apparently killing himself with the same knife, police said Monday.
- The Latest: Ex-boyfriend kills 2 NY students, then himself Updated: Jan-18-16 3:04 pm
GENESEO, New York - The latest in the deaths of three young people at a home near a college campus in New York (all times local):
- N. Dakota gets series split with 5-1 win over Nebraska-Omaha Updated: Jan-16-16 10:50 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Senior forward Coltyn Sanderson's first college goal gave North Dakota the lead for good Saturday in a 5-1 National Collegiate Hockey Conference win over Nebraska-Omaha.