- Steen, Backes score twice, Blues rout Stars 6-1 Updated: May-04-16 1:33 am
ST. LOUIS - This time, the St. Louis Blues knew what to do with a two-goal lead. Go for more, more, more.
- Predators beat Sharks 4-1, pull within 2-1 in series Updated: May-04-16 1:02 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Nashville Predators finally figured out how to shut down the NHL's best road team and a pretty potent power play. As a result, they have given themselves a chance to tie their second-round series.
- Blackhawks C Anisimov recovering from right wrist surgery Updated: May-04-16 12:46 am
CHICAGO - Blackhawks center Artem Anisimov is on the mend after undergoing right wrist surgery.
- Boyle's OT goal lifts Lightning past Islanders 5-4 in Game 3 Updated: May-04-16 12:13 am
NEW YORK - Brian Boyle delivered a hard hit and then took advantage of a lucky carom to get the Tampa Bay Lightning a big playoff win.
- Rookie goaltender Murray stealing the show for Penguins Updated: May-03-16 6:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Murray isn't in the mood to think about what it all means, this ride that he's on. The NHL's best team on the other side of the ice. His mentor watching from bench. An arena chanting his name.
- Penguins defenseman Letang suspended 1 game for interference Updated: May-03-16 5:49 pm
NEW YORK - The Penguins will be without Kris Letang for Game 4 against Washington after the NHL suspended him one game Tuesday after interfering with Washington's Marcus Johansson early in Pittsburgh's 3-2 win over the Capitals on Monday night.
- AP Interview: Fasel worried NHL players will skip 2018 Games Updated: May-03-16 2:12 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The head of ice hockey's international body says there is a strong possibility that NHL players won't be competing at the next Winter Olympics.
- Raptors ratings still struggling to compete with NHL, Jays Updated: May-03-16 1:42 pm
TORONTO - Despite getting more attention from Canadian TV viewers, the Toronto Raptors are still struggling to compete with hockey and baseball.
- Calgary fires Bob Hartley, a season after coach of the year Updated: May-03-16 1:34 pm
CALGARY, Alberta - The Calgary Flames fired Bob Hartley on Tuesday, a season after he was voted the NHL's coach of the year.
- Islanders look to bounce back in Game 3 against Lightning Updated: May-03-16 3:29 am
SYOSSET, New York - The New York Islanders know there are several areas they need to improve to avoid falling behind in their second-round series against Tampa Bay.
- Penguins top Capitals 3-2 to take 2-1 series lead Updated: May-03-16 12:27 am
PITTSBURGH - Outhit, outshot and largely outplayed, Pittsburgh grabbed control of its Eastern Conference semifinal against Washington anyway.
- Council votes not to sell street for potential Seattle arena Updated: May-02-16 10:55 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle's City Council on Monday voted not to vacate a stretch of road where an investor aiming to bring an NBA team to the city hopes to eventually build an arena that could house it.
- McDavid among finalists for Calder Trophy as NHL top rookie Updated: May-02-16 8:40 pm
NEW YORK - Edmonton forward Connor McDavid, Philadelphia defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere and Chicago forward Artemi Panarin are the finalists for the Calder Trophy for the NHL's top rookie.
- Pavelski leads Sharks to playoff wins in year 1 as captain Updated: May-02-16 4:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Joe Pavelski's transformation as an NHL player can be illustrated by the evolution of his nicknames.
- Capitals defenseman Orpik thinks 3-game suspension is fair Updated: May-02-16 2:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - Brooks Orpik was trying to be physical. Yet the instant the Washington Capitals defenseman made contact with Pittsburgh defenseman Olli Maatta's head early in Game 2 on Saturday night, Orpik knew he had crossed a sometimes vague line between aggressive and illegal.
- Marquette facility wins Kraft Hockeyville USA contest Updated: May-02-16 2:02 pm
MARQUETTE, Michigan - Marquette's Lakeview Arena has won the title of Kraft Hockeyville USA, a $150,000 grand prize and the opportunity to host an NHL preseason game.
- Rangers agree to deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta Updated: May-02-16 1:00 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers have agreed to a deal with backup goalie Antti Raanta.
- 2 more UND hockey underclassmen leaving for the NHL Updated: May-02-16 6:28 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Two more underclassmen on the national champion University of North Dakota men's hockey team are leaving for the professional ranks.
- Pavelski's late goal gives Sharks 3-2 win over Predators Updated: May-02-16 12:12 am
SAN JOSE, California - The Nashville Predators frustrated Joe Pavelski and San Jose's top line for much of the night, forcing turnovers, blocking shots and limiting chances.
- Blues even series on Backes' OT game-winner, beat Stars 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 11:41 pm
DALLAS - David Backes gave the St. Louis Blues a big gift on his 32nd birthday, with another overtime goal to go home even.
- Sharks name stray cat that ran on ice after team captain Updated: May-01-16 6:57 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The stray cat that ran on the ice before San Jose's second-round series opener now has a name but is still looking for a permanent home.
- Jagr, Dupuis, Zuccarello are Masterton finalists Updated: May-01-16 4:42 pm
NEW YORK - Florida's Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh's Pascal Dupuis and the New York Rangers' Mats Zuccarello are the finalists for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy as the NHL player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey.
- Down a man after Orpik hit, Pens top Caps 2-1; series 1-all Updated: May-01-16 12:36 am
WASHINGTON - Already down a game in their second-round playoff series, Kris Letang and the Pittsburgh Penguins suddenly were down a man, too, on Saturday night, when Olli Maatta was leveled by a high hit from Washington's Brooks Orpik less than 5 minutes in.
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Ducks accept blame for Boudreau firing after playoff ouster Updated: Apr-30-16 8:00 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The start, not the finish, cost Bruce Boudreau his job with the Anaheim Ducks.