- Rangers once again facing elimination, been there, done that Updated: May-25-15 12:11 am
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers will need another comeback to keep their Stanley Cup drive alive.
- Stamkos has goal and assist, Lightning beat Rangers 2-0 Updated: May-25-15 12:00 am
NEW YORK - Scoring goals made the Tampa Bay Lightning one of the NHL's most entertaining teams this season. Playing defense for the first time in three games has them within a victory of the Stanley Cup finals for the second time in franchise history.
- Sens. Reed, McCain lead visit to Vietnam, Singapore Updated: May-24-15 5:22 pm
- Blackhawks stay patient and perfect in postseason overtime Updated: May-24-15 2:56 am
CHICAGO - One lucky bounce.
- Blackhawks beat Ducks 5-4 in Game 4 of Western final Updated: May-24-15 2:56 am
- Ducks lose 5-4 to Blackhawks in Game 4 of Western final Updated: May-24-15 1:48 am
- Lightning stymied by Lundqvist in 5-1 loss to Rangers Updated: May-23-15 12:29 am
- Lundqvist stands tall, Rangers beat Lightning 5-1 in Game 4 Updated: May-23-15 12:21 am
TAMPA, Florida - Henrik Lundqvist and a couple of other old standbys picked a nice time to reassert themselves for the New York Rangers.
- Senators sing blues over impasse; GOP hopefuls stuck in DC Updated: May-22-15 10:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two senators have a plane to catch to Cuba, others were hoping to impress Republican presidential primary voters and then there's Sen. Lamar Alexander, who is slated to deliver a sunset piano performance of "Ol' Man River" on the banks of the Mississippi.
- Blackhawks recall defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk from minors Updated: May-22-15 6:21 pm
- Not even helmets help pro bull riders stave off concussions Updated: May-22-15 3:27 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Kasey Hayes hopped on the bovine beast trapped in the narrow holding pen like he'd done hundreds of times. He adjusted a tight rope on his left hand, found his balance and signaled he was ready to dominate the bull for the next eight seconds - or, at least, hoped to.
- Babcock bids emotional farewell in Detroit Updated: May-22-15 2:59 pm
- Fetisov wants to ban young Russians from going to NHL Updated: May-22-15 10:08 am
MOSCOW - Former Detroit Red Wings star Slava Fetisov has called for Russia to reintroduce Soviet-style restrictions to prevent promising young hockey players from moving to the NHL.
- Blackhawks lose 2-1 to Ducks in Game 3 of Western finals Updated: May-22-15 12:32 am
CHICAGO - Five power plays. More than nine minutes with the man advantage. And no goals for the Chicago Blackhawks.
- NHL salary cap will climb to $71 million next season Updated: May-21-15 10:02 pm
CHICAGO - NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman expects the salary cap for the 2015-16 season to settle in around $71 million, depending on the fluctuations of the Canadian dollar.
- Penguins GM: Dan Bylsma free to pursue any coaching job Updated: May-21-15 7:38 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Former Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma is free to take any job opening, including the Buffalo Sabres' vacancy.
- Senators owner, donor doing well after liver transplant Updated: May-21-15 5:48 pm
TORONTO - Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk is recovering well after his liver transplant. All his donor wants in return is for the team to win the Stanley Cup.
- Mike Babcock faces 'massive challenge' as Maple Leafs' coach Updated: May-21-15 5:02 pm
TORONTO - Brendan Shanahan's first conversation with Mike Babcock about the Toronto Maple Leafs' coaching position was more of a disclaimer than a sales pitch. The club president wanted Babcock to know how far away the Leafs are from being a winning team.
- KHL looks to expand into China Updated: May-21-15 6:39 am
MOSCOW - The Kontinental Hockey League wants to expand into China, hoping to use a successful Chinese Winter Olympic bid to conquer the vast market.
- Martin Brodeur becomes Blues' assistant general manager Updated: May-20-15 10:54 pm
ST. LOUIS - Record-setting goalie Martin Brodeur has signed a three-year contract to become the St. Louis Blues' assistant general manager.
- After Babcock's departure, Detroit's focus turns to Blashill Updated: May-20-15 7:44 pm
DETROIT - Red Wings general manager Ken Holland says he wants to talk to minor league coach Jeff Blashill about Detroit's coaching vacancy.
- Sharks sign Finnish forward Joonas Donskoi Updated: May-20-15 4:16 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks have signed Finnish free agent forward Joonas (YOO-nus) Donskoi to an entry-level contract.
- Boston Bruins elevate Don Sweeney to general manager Updated: May-20-15 3:05 pm
BOSTON - On his first day as general manager of the Boston Bruins, Don Sweeney met with Claude Julien and declined to give his Stanley Cup-winning coach more than a tepid endorsement.
- AP source: Buffalo Sabres out of running for Mike Babcock Updated: May-20-15 2:21 pm
- Blue Jackets tap Nick Foligno as first captain in 3 years Updated: May-20-15 1:03 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Like father, like son: Nick Foligno now is an NHL captain just like his dad was.