- Senators seek VA probe to see if mishandled claims systemic Updated: May-06-15 3:22 am
WASHINGTON - Troubled by delays in handling of veterans claims, a bipartisan group of senators is seeking a wide-scale independent review of the Department of Veterans Affairs for mismanagement and changes to improve budgeting and speed up applications.
- Backlund's OT goal lifts Flames over Ducks 4-3 Updated: May-06-15 2:03 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Mikael Backlund didn't need to see the biggest goal of his NHL career go in.
- Kane, Crawford carry Blackhawks past Wild 1-0 for 3-0 lead Updated: May-06-15 12:48 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Patrick Kane has been playing like he never left. Corey Crawford has resolutely rebounded from being benched.
- NHL commissioner Bettman can be deposed in lawsuit Updated: May-05-15 10:27 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman can be deposed to give testimony in a concussion lawsuit, a U.S. District Court ruled Tuesday.
- Canadiens' Brandon Prust apologizes to ref, is fined $5,000 Updated: May-05-15 7:39 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Montreal Canadiens forward Brandon Prust has been fined $5,000 by the NHL for comments he made to referee Brad Watson following Game 2.
- Power outage forces restoration of ice for Blackhawks-Wild Updated: May-05-15 7:39 pm
- Less 'panic' helps Capitals in 1-goal games against Rangers Updated: May-05-15 7:20 pm
- Slovakia strike late for 3rd win at worlds Updated: May-05-15 5:39 pm
PRAGUE - Slovakia struck late to overcome Slovenia 3-1 for its third victory at the ice hockey world championship and France ended a two-game losing streak with a 2-0 win over Austria on Tuesday.
- Holtby's shutout, Beagle's goal lift Caps over Rangers 1-0 Updated: May-04-15 11:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Braden Holtby stood in a corner of the Washington Capitals' locker room, his arms folded across his chest, his voice low and monotone, his demeanor as steady and calm as when he was protecting the net.
- Wife of LA Kings' Voynov pressed to testify in abuse case Updated: May-04-15 11:10 pm
TORRANCE, California - The wife of Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov has been told she may be held in contempt of court for refusing to testify in a domestic violence case against the two-time Stanley Cup champ.
- Shero hired as New Jersey Devils' general manager Updated: May-04-15 5:44 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - After a 28-year run, Lou Lamoriello is stepping down as the New Jersey Devils general manager and handing the job to Ray Shero.
- Denver, Colorado College to play outdoor game at Coors Field Updated: May-04-15 5:02 pm
DENVER - The University of Denver and Colorado College will play an outdoor hockey game at Coors Field in February.
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame inducts 9 new members Updated: May-04-15 6:21 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - An Olympic gold medalist and a 17-year veteran of the NHL were among nine people inducted into the Maine Sports Hall of Fame.
- Ducks top Flames 3-0 in Game 2, stay unbeaten in playoffs Updated: May-04-15 1:51 am
ANAHEIM, California - Six games deep in the Stanley Cup playoffs, nobody has been able to beat the Anaheim Ducks.
- Kane leads Blackhawks past Wild 4-1 Updated: May-04-15 12:47 am
CHICAGO - No. 101 went like so many of the first 100 playoff games for Patrick Kane. A perfect shot at a key moment, another big play at the very end, and a victory for the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Lightning beat Canadiens 6-2 to take 2-0 series lead Updated: May-03-15 11:11 pm
MONTREAL - Tampa Bay captain Steven Stamkos ended his scoring drought and the Lightning's power-play came to life with four goals - at the expense of the reeling Montreal Canadiens.
- Wild go with Haula to replace injured Fontaine Updated: May-03-15 8:11 pm
- Plouffe slam, 5 RBIs, Twins rout White Sox for 4-game sweep Updated: May-03-15 7:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Extra time with his hitting coach has paid off for Trevor Plouffe.
- Canadiens' Desharnais misses Game 2 vs. Lightning with flu Updated: May-03-15 5:59 pm
MONTREAL - Montreal center David Desharnais was scratched from the lineup Sunday night for Game 2 of the Canadiens' playoff series against Tampa Bay because of the flu.
- Wild will be without Fontaine for Game 2 vs. Hawks Updated: May-02-15 10:14 pm
- Kreider's early goal leads Rangers over Capitals in Game 2 Updated: May-02-15 5:33 pm
- Russian injuries: Zaripov out, Datsyuk not joining team Updated: May-02-15 2:56 pm
PRAGUE - Russia's campaign at the ice hockey world championship has received a blow after forward Danis Zaripov was ruled out for the rest of the tournament.
- Unusual sport of curling finds foothold on Mid-South ice Updated: May-02-15 2:23 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - For most people, curling is that weird ice sport - game? activity? - encountered every four years during the Winter Olympics. It's the event in which two people with brooms sweep away at the ice while what appears to be a giant hockey puck shaped like a teakettle slides toward a target. To the untrained eye of the average television viewer, the sweeping appears to be hypnotically pointless busywork. It looks less practical than magical, as if it were a ritual suitable to that other sport involving brooms, Harry Potter's Quidditch.
- Developers file details on proposed Seattle suburb arena Updated: May-01-15 7:22 pm
TUKWILA, Washington - Developers of a privately funded arena in the Seattle suburb of Tukwila have filed an environmental application containing details of the proposed facility.
- Babcock says he's still uncertain about coaching future Updated: May-01-15 6:20 pm
DETROIT - Mike Babcock says he's not rushing into any decisions about his future.