- Curlin, trainer Asmussen are racing hall finalists Updated: Mar-07-14 11:53 am
- Mine That Bird visiting Derby Museum Updated: Mar-06-14 3:34 am
- Council votes 'no' on casino gambling in Saratoga Updated: Mar-05-14 6:32 am
- W.Va. House passes $39M budget cut patch Updated: Feb-26-14 7:00 pm
- Casino gambling key to survival for 2 Mass. tracks Updated: Feb-23-14 6:44 pm
- Wildcat Red wins Fountain of Youth Stakes Updated: Feb-22-14 9:29 pm
- Ky. court leaves Instant Racing question unsettled Updated: Feb-20-14 1:03 pm
- Tapiture pulls away to win Southwest Stakes Updated: Feb-17-14 7:54 pm
- Larry Collmus is new announcer at Churchill Downs Updated: Feb-13-14 11:51 am
- Leech Lake, Canterbury reach simulcast agreement Updated: Feb-12-14 12:32 pm
- NYRA beefs up Belmont Stakes Day Updated: Feb-07-14 2:27 pm
- Lorde to headline Preakness concert in Baltimore Updated: Feb-06-14 1:31 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Two-time Horse of the Year Curlin, his trainer Steve Asmussen and Kentucky Derby-winning jockeys Chris Antley and Craig Perret are among the 10 finalists for election to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - One of the celebrities who will be in Louisville for this year's Kentucky Derby has four legs and has actually been around the track a time or two.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - The Saratoga Springs City Council has unanimously approved a resolution opposing the expansion of casino gambling in the city known for its historic thoroughbred racetrack.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia House members have approved $39 million in proposed cuts across areas like infrastructure, greyhound and thoroughbred racing to help balance a tight budget.
BOSTON - By any measure, horse racing has been in marked decline for years in Massachusetts, leaving operators of the state's two tracks eyeing casino gambling as their last, best hope for survival.
HALLANDALE BEACH, Florida - Wildcat Red edged General a Rod by a head Saturday in the $400,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes at Gulfstream Park after they battled for the lead almost the entire race.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky can license and regulate Instant Racing, a slot-machine type of game where people bet on the outcome of an old horse race without knowing which contest they are betting on, the Kentucky Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Trainer Steven Asmussen was waiting on the right time to unveil Tapiture as a 3-year-old.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Larry Collmus will replace Brit Mark Johnson as the race caller at Churchill Downs starting on April 26.
MINNEAPOLIS - A horse racetrack in the Twin Cities area has reached agreement with the Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe to offer simulcast wagering on races at the tribe's casino in northern Minnesota.
NEW YORK - The New York Racing Association has beefed up the Belmont Stakes undercard, making it the second-richest day in racing.
BALTIMORE - Lorde will bring her Grammy-winning song of the year to Maryland as she headlines the Preakness infield concert at Pimlico Race Course in May.