- A quiet post-Masters for Watson, with a surprise Updated: Apr-15-14 6:03 pm
- Special julep cups offered to support Old Friends Updated: Apr-15-14 4:07 am
- Danza wins Arkansas Derby as 40-1 long shot Updated: Apr-12-14 8:56 pm
- Dance With Fate wins Blue Grass at Keeneland Updated: Apr-12-14 8:26 pm
- Churchill Downs to keep more from each bet Updated: Apr-11-14 12:27 pm
- Kentucky-raised foods featured at Derby Festival Updated: Apr-11-14 4:04 am
- New York horse trainer Joe Aquilino dies at 76 Updated: Apr-10-14 1:35 pm
- California Chrome easily wins Santa Anita Derby Updated: Apr-05-14 9:06 pm
- Wicked Strong wins Big A's Wood Memorial Updated: Apr-05-14 8:08 pm
- Keeneland spring meet offers Derby, Oaks preps Updated: Apr-03-14 3:28 pm
- California Chrome made 6-5 favorite for SA Derby Updated: Apr-02-14 5:44 pm
- Vicar's In Trouble wins $1 million Louisiana Derby Updated: Mar-29-14 9:05 pm
- Constitution wins Florida Derby Updated: Mar-29-14 7:50 pm
- Intense Holiday to break from rail in La. Derby Updated: Mar-26-14 4:08 pm
- Asmussen's racing Hall of Fame nomination on hold Updated: Mar-21-14 6:38 pm
- States investigate allegations of racehorse abuse Updated: Mar-20-14 5:48 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Bubba Watson decided to keep his post-Masters victory more low key this year. Instead of going to New York for a media tour, he headed home to Orlando, Florida, and kept plans for a five-day vacation with his wife.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Woodford Reserve is selling special mint julep cups to raise money for an organization that takes care of retired thoroughbreds.
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Todd Pletcher worked his Arkansas Derby magic once again, this time in the most unexpected fashion.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Dance With Fate gave trainer Peter Eurton and the colt's owners a nice dilemma Saturday in the $750,000 Blue Grass Stakes, charging past Pablo Del Monte for the victory and a spot in the Kentucky Derby field - if the brain trust wants it.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Churchill Downs plans to start taking a bigger cut from bets wagered on its races, which means gamblers cashing winning tickets will collect less money.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky-grown food will be served up during the Kentucky Derby Festival that leads up to the big race at Churchill Downs.
NEW YORK - Joe Aquilino, a longtime New York trainer whose 58-1 shot Badge finished third at the 1999 Preakness, has died. He was 76.
ARCADIA, California - Art Sherman knows what it takes to get a horse to the Kentucky Derby and win. He had a close-up view as an 18-year-old workout rider when Swaps won the 1955 Run for the Roses. Nearly 60 years later, Sherman is taking his own colt to Louisville as the early Derby favorite.
NEW YORK - Wicked Strong pulled a 9-1 upset in the $1 million Wood Memorial for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct on Saturday.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Keeneland's spring meet begins Friday with the weekend featuring the first of several preps for the Kentucky Derby and Oaks.
ARCADIA, California - California Chrome gets a chance to solidify his status as the West's leading Kentucky Derby candidate when he runs as the 6-5 early favorite in the $1 million Santa Anita Derby.
NEW ORLEANS - Vicar's in Trouble was among smaller horses in the field for the $1 million Grade 2 Louisiana Derby.
HALLANDALE BEACH, Florida - Javier Castellano saw a couple horses in front of him and thought about steering Constitution to the outside in an effort to pass everyone.
NEW ORLEANS - Intense Holiday has drawn the inside post position and is listed as a 2-1 morning line favorite for Saturday's $1 million Grade II Louisiana Derby, one of the premier prep races for the Kentucky Derby.
ALBANY, New York - Trainer Steve Asmussen's nomination to the Racing Hall of Fame has been put on hold while he and his top assistant are being investigated by regulators in New York and Kentucky after an animal rights group alleged they mistreated horses.
ALBANY, New York - Thoroughbred racing regulators in New York and Kentucky are investigating allegations of mistreatment of horses by Racing Hall of Fame-nominated trainer Steve Asmussen and his top assistant.