- Peter D. Carlino, of Penn National Gaming, dies Updated: Dec-02-13 4:58 pm
- Will Take Charge wins Clark Handicap at Churchill Updated: Nov-29-13 7:17 pm
- Rise Up wins Delta Downs Jackpot Updated: Nov-23-13 11:01 pm
- Study: Okla. horse industry has $3.6B impact Updated: Nov-22-13 6:56 am
- New Meadowlands Racetrack starts racing Saturday Updated: Nov-21-13 3:23 pm
- Champion mare Royal Delta is retired from racing Updated: Nov-20-13 8:02 pm
- Pa. horse racing agencies said to face insolvency Updated: Nov-20-13 5:48 pm
- Saratoga officials say '13 summer broke records Updated: Nov-12-13 11:10 am
PHILADELPHIA - A businessman who started the company that became casino and racetrack operator Penn National Gaming has died.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Will Take Charge bounced back Saturday from his loss in the Breeders Cup to win the Grade 1, $550,700 Clark Handicap at Churchill Downs Saturday.
VINTON, Louisiana - Gerard Melancon won the Delta Downs Jackpot for the second time in three years, guiding Rise Up to a six-length victory Saturday in the $1 million race.
OKLAHOMA CITY - A study released this week shows that Oklahoma's horse industry had an economic impact totaling $3.6 billion in 2012.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - With the new, $88-million Meadowlands Racetrack scheduled to open for live racing on Saturday, Jeff Gural understandably has a case of the jitters.
OCALA, Florida - Royal Delta, who twice won the Breeders' Cup Distaff and was a double Eclipse Award champion, has been retired from racing.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The two state commissions that regulate horse racing in Pennsylvania are on the brink of insolvency, officials said Wednesday, and two top state senators are calling for the commissions to be dissolved and the regulatory responsibilities shifted to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Officials in Saratoga Springs say this past summer was a record-breaking one for the upstate tourist destination.