- NY experts say steady funding needed for retired racehorses Updated: Sep-01-15 5:36 pm
ALBANY, New York - Experts on thoroughbred racing and retired horses said Tuesday that the last few years have seen progress but more funding and homes are needed to save many aging racehorses from eventual neglect or slaughter.
- Churchill Downs upgrading premium clubhouse seating Updated: Sep-01-15 4:26 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Churchill Downs is nearing the starting gate for another construction project that will upgrade its clubhouse to maximize revenue from the Kentucky Derby, continuing a nearly $200 million renovation phase since 2001 that has given the historic track a facelift.
- American Pharoah still front and center on racing's stage Updated: Aug-28-15 9:46 pm
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Illinois - Horse racing hasn't had it this good in years.
- American Pharoah looks 'super good' at Saratoga Race Course Updated: Aug-27-15 2:02 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - No worries, so far. American Pharoah seems to love Saratoga Race Course.
- American Pharoah 1-5 favorite in 10-horse field for Travers Updated: Aug-25-15 8:02 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - And now, it's on to the Spa for the Triple Crown winner.
- Thoroughbred racing returns to Boston horse track Updated: Aug-24-15 3:19 pm
BOSTON - Thoroughbred horse racing is returning to New England.
- Travers might not be right race for Triple Crown winner Updated: Aug-20-15 4:33 pm
Travers, or not?
- The Pizza Man wins Arlington Million Updated: Aug-15-15 8:32 pm
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Illinois - Richard Papiese made his money selling store fixtures.
- A few things to know about racing legend John Nerud Updated: Aug-14-15 2:27 am
Think about this: John Nerud was around for every single Triple Crown winner, from Sir Barton in 1919 to American Pharoah.
- Hall of Fame horseman John Nerud dies at 102 Updated: Aug-13-15 11:09 pm
John Nerud, a thoroughbred racing pioneer who trained the great Dr. Fager and helped create the Breeders' Cup, died Thursday from heart failure. He was 102.
- BC Juvenile to be worth double points in Ky Derby series Updated: Aug-12-15 8:54 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Breeders' Cup Juvenile will be worth double points in the 35-race series that determines which horses qualify for the Kentucky Derby.
- Pennsylvania horse trainer charged in doping conspiracy Updated: Aug-12-15 6:36 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A prominent central Pennsylvania thoroughbred trainer was indicted Wednesday on charges she conspired with veterinarians to give horses banned substances before races.
- Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission executive director resigns Updated: Aug-12-15 7:32 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - The executive director of the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission is stepping down.
- Baffert visits Saratoga; can Triple Crown winner be next? Updated: Aug-10-15 4:44 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Bob Baffert took a side trip to Saratoga Race Course on Monday before the start of the horse sales down the road.
- Preakness is final leg of NBC's Triple Crown deal Updated: Aug-10-15 12:29 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - The Preakness Stakes will remain on NBC after a seven-year contract extension was reached for the second leg of the Triple Crown.
- Honor Code rallies to win Whitney at Saratoga Updated: Aug-08-15 11:46 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Four weeks after becoming a Grade 1 winner with a last-to-first effort in the Met Mile at Belmont Park, Honor Code came up with an even more impressive encore performance Saturday at Saratoga Race Course.
- Olympic hero Edwin Moses to speak at horse racing conference Updated: Aug-08-15 5:11 am
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Edwin Moses is among the featured speakers at this weekend's annual thoroughbred racing conference being held in Saratoga Springs by The Jockey Club.
- Honor Code set for Whitney at Saratoga Updated: Aug-06-15 7:11 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Honor Code will attempt to stretch his success around two turns Saturday in the Grade 1 $1.25 million Whitney at Saratoga Race Course.
- State fund grows as horse industry continues to languish Updated: Aug-03-15 3:50 pm
PLAINVILLE, Massachusetts - Massachusetts' horse racing industry is flush with casino cash. The only problem? There isn't much of a local industry to speak of.
- What's going on with American Pharoah after Haskell win Updated: Aug-03-15 2:58 am
OCEANPORT, New Jersey - When the music played about 10 minutes before the start of the Haskell Invitational, there was no way American Pharoah could lose.