- What you might not have known about Nelson Mandela Updated: Dec-05-13 7:59 pm
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey Updated: Dec-05-13 6:49 pm
- 5 key moments in Mandela's life Updated: Dec-05-13 5:27 pm
- Nelson Mandela, 20th century colossus, dies at 95 Updated: Dec-05-13 5:04 pm
- Rugby star eager to prove himself with Colts Updated: Dec-04-13 6:23 pm
- Mexico loss a setback for New Zealand football Updated: Nov-14-13 10:16 pm
- Italian Premier Letta backs 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-13-13 8:40 am
- Rugby's Kit McConnell to be IOC sports director Updated: Nov-13-13 6:32 am
- Ben Ryan: an Englishman in Fiji Updated: Nov-12-13 11:28 pm
The world knows Nelson Mandela as a man who forever changed the course of modern history and who will surely continue to leave his mark long after his death Thursday at the age of 95.
JOHANNESBURG - He emerged into bright winter sunshine, stepped onto the lush field and pulled on a cap. His long-sleeve green rugby jersey was untucked and buttoned right up to the top, a style all his own. On the back, a gold No. 6, big and bold.
JOHANNESBURG - Nelson Mandela, the anti-apartheid leader who became South Africa's first black president, was regarded as one of the great figures of the past century for his generosity of spirit, sacrifices in the name of equality and his efforts to reconcile the races in South Africa amid the ever-present specter of conflict.
JOHANNESBURG - Nelson Mandela, who became one of the world's most beloved statesmen and a colossus of the 20th century when he emerged from 27 years in prison to negotiate an end to white minority rule in South Africa, has died. He was 95.
INDIANAPOLIS - Daniel Adongo is finally starting to feel comfortable with the Colts.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand football's greatest celebration is in danger of becoming a very distant memory after the national team's 5-1 loss to Mexico in the first leg of a World Cup qualifying playoff in Mexico City.
ROME - Italian Premier Enrico Letta reiterated his support Wednesday for a possible bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics and promoted a new law to help build football stadiums.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Kit McConnell, who has served as head of the Rugby World Cup for 10 years, was appointed as the new sports director of the International Olympic Committee on Wednesday.
SUVA, Fiji - On a palm-fringed training ground and under an unrelenting midday sun, Ben Ryan is busy proving Noel Coward's dictum about "Mad Dogs and Englishmen."