- Wales Lions scrumhalf Mike Phillips retires from test rugby Updated: Dec-01-15 3:33 pm
CARDIFF, Wales - Mike Phillips retired from international rugby on Tuesday as Wales' most capped scrumhalf could no longer count on making the team.
- No positive tests recorded from Rugby World Cup Updated: Dec-01-15 10:35 am
LONDON - Organizers say no positive tests have been recorded from nearly 500 doping samples collected during the Rugby World Cup.
- Thousands crowd Eden Park for Jonah Lomu memorial Updated: Nov-29-15 10:06 pm
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - World Rugby Chairman Bernard Lapasset led the tributes to Jonah Lomu at a public memorial Monday, saying the former All Blacks winger was a giant whose contribution to the sport "cannot be overstated."
- Fiji sevens team to the rescue as passenger taken ill Updated: Nov-27-15 1:50 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The world champion Fiji sevens rugby team has been praised after stepping in to assist cabin crew during a medical emergency on a flight from Fiji to Brisbane on Thursday.
- Redskins could play twice in London next season Updated: Nov-25-15 8:00 pm
LONDON - The Washington Redskins could become the first NFL team to play two games in London in one season - in consecutive weeks, no less.
- England hires Eddie Jones as its 1st overseas rugby coach Updated: Nov-20-15 9:25 am
England turned to the man who masterminded arguably the biggest upset in rugby history to revive its national team on Friday, hiring Eddie Jones on a four-year deal as the country's first foreign-born coach.
- All Blacks captain McCaw confirms his retirement from rugby Updated: Nov-19-15 6:08 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - All Blacks captain Richie McCaw made it official: He's retiring from all rugby after a record 148 test matches across a 15-year international career capped with back-to-back World Cup titles.
- Rugby world mourns death of Lomu, the game's 1st superstar Updated: Nov-18-15 7:04 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - The worshippers gathered at the Lotofale'ia Mangere Tongan Church in the South Auckland suburb where Jonah Lomu was raised grieved for the man who put their community on the international map as he strode or barged his way to becoming the first genuinely global super star of rugby.
- South Africa rugby star Habana aiming to play at Olympics Updated: Nov-04-15 6:30 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - South African rugby great Bryan Habana is in contention to play at the Olympics after being included Wednesday in the national sevens squad for the 2015-16 season.
- AP's composite team of the Rugby World Cup Updated: Nov-01-15 5:58 pm
LONDON - Imagine having Rugby World Cup stars Dan Carter, David Pocock, Fourie du Preez and Mamuka Gorgodze in the same side.
- All Blacks have succession plan to replace old guard Updated: Nov-01-15 5:16 pm
LONDON - Players come and go, and yet the All Blacks keep winning.