- NYC Council approves ice center in Bronx Updated: Dec-11-13 6:36 am
- Figure skating champ Lysacek out of Sochi Games Updated: Dec-10-13 6:41 pm
- US among qualifiers for skating's 1st team event Updated: Dec-09-13 12:48 pm
- Asada wins GP Final despite triple axel problems Updated: Dec-07-13 8:00 am
- White knows he's man to beat - again - in Sochi Updated: Dec-07-13 12:04 am
- Legends hope to get skating back into spotlight Updated: Dec-03-13 3:33 am
- Australian team naming delayed by CAS appeal Updated: Dec-03-13 12:37 am
- Takahashi pulls out of GP Final with leg injury Updated: Nov-28-13 5:11 am
- Lipnitskaia scrapes out Rostelecom Cup win Updated: Nov-23-13 7:59 am
- Chan eyes Olympic gold after Trophee Bompard win Updated: Nov-16-13 4:56 pm
- Chan thrills crowd in winning 4th Trophee Bompard Updated: Nov-16-13 12:00 pm
- Estonia stops Russian figure skater's Sochi hopes Updated: Nov-14-13 1:09 pm
- Plushenko withdraws from Rostelecom Cup in Moscow Updated: Nov-13-13 8:40 am
- White and Davis win ice dance at NHK Trophy Updated: Nov-10-13 12:27 am
NEW YORK - The New York City Council has approved a plan for a national indoor ice center in the Bronx that officials say would be the world's largest indoor ice skating facility.
Evan Lysacek woke up every morning praying this would be the day the excruciating pain in his left hip - "like you're being electrocuted" - would subside. And every day when he stepped on the ice, the searing throb of pain reminded him that passion alone can't fuel a dream.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Host Russia, the United States, Canada and Japan have qualified for the team figure skating event, which is making its Olympic debut in Sochi.
FUKUOKA, Japan - Japanese skater Mao Asada won the Grand Prix Final on Saturday despite failing to land two triple axels early in her free program.
With two Olympic gold medals, more than a dozen titles at the X Games - Winter and Summer - and crossover appeal that makes sponsors drool, Shaun White knows everyone will be coming after him in Sochi.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Brian Boitano has never spent time with Max Aaron, and he's looking forward to it as much as Aaron is.
SYDNEY - The naming of Australia's women's Olympic figure skating team has been delayed after Sochi hopeful Chantelle Kerry took a dispute over the selection of fellow prospect Brooklee Han to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
TOKYO - Japanese skater Daisuke Takahashi has withdrawn from next week's Grand Prix Final because of a leg injury.
MOSCOW - Julia Lipnitskaia fell on her opening jump and put on what she called one of her biggest disappointments, but the 15-year-old Russian prodigy still edged out Carolina Kostner on Saturday by less than a point to win the Rostelecom Cup, the last of the season's six preliminary Grand Prix events.
PARIS - Patrick Chan knows the pressure on him will be intense at the Sochi Olympics after breaking three of his own world records on the way to his fourth victory at the Trophee Bompard.
PARIS - Three-time world champion Patrick Chan left the ice to a deafening standing ovation after another near-faultless performance in the free skate helped the Canadian win the Trophee Bompard for the fourth time on Saturday.
TALLINN, Estonia - Estonia's skating federation says the government has rejected Russian figure skater Alexander Zaboev's fast-track application for Estonian citizenship, meaning he won't be able to compete in the Sochi Olympics.
MOSCOW - Russian figure skater Evgeni Plushenko pulled out of next week's Rostelecom Cup in Moscow without elaborating.