- Maria Hoefl-Riesch ruled out for rest of season Updated: Mar-12-14 12:31 pm
- Gut wins WCup downhill, Fenninger leads overall Updated: Mar-12-14 9:04 am
- Mayer wins downhill, Svindal takes overall lead Updated: Mar-12-14 6:39 am
- Chip White steps down as US women's speed coach Updated: Mar-11-14 9:30 pm
- Hirscher, Fenninger aim for World Cup double Updated: Mar-11-14 10:28 am
- Fenninger, Theaux fastest in WCup training runs Updated: Mar-11-14 9:11 am
- Family of dead skicross racer vindicated Updated: Mar-10-14 5:27 pm
- From Sochi, Paralympians following Pistorius trial Updated: Mar-10-14 12:42 pm
- Canadian skier Michael Janyk ends career in style Updated: Mar-09-14 12:27 pm
- Neureuther leads German 1-2 finish at WCup slalom Updated: Mar-09-14 10:45 am
- Veteran Raich returns to WCup podium after 2 years Updated: Mar-08-14 1:00 pm
- Olympic champion Shiffrin wins WCup slalom title Updated: Mar-08-14 12:23 pm
- Olympic champion Shiffrin leads World Cup slalom Updated: Mar-08-14 7:23 am
- 5 NW athletes at Winter Paralympics at Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 4:02 pm
- Anna Fenninger win World Cup giant slalom Updated: Mar-06-14 12:33 pm
- Parade in Lake Placid for Sochi Winter Olympians Updated: Mar-05-14 8:51 am
- Squaw Valley to fete Reno-Tahoe Olympians March 21 Updated: Mar-02-14 5:51 pm
- Jansrud beats Keung to win men's WCup super-G race Updated: Mar-02-14 12:15 pm
- Marolt stepping down from USSA post Monday Updated: Feb-28-14 12:19 pm
- Ganong gets 1st career podium, now he wants a win Updated: Feb-28-14 10:46 am
- Men's downhill training in Kvitfjell canceled Updated: Feb-27-14 9:48 am
- Sweden beats Norway to win World Cup team event Updated: Feb-25-14 2:57 pm
- US officials defend team performance in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 10:29 am
- Shiffrin, Miller make Sochi skiing 1 for the ages Updated: Feb-23-14 5:19 am
- Big Air a likely next step at Olympics Updated: Feb-23-14 3:12 am
LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland - Maria Hoefl-Riesch will miss the rest of the ski season after crashing in a World Cup downhill on Wednesday, leaving Anna Fenninger as the favorite to win the overall title.
LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland - Maria Hoefl-Riesch was taken to a hospital with a shoulder injury after crashing in a downhill race on Wednesday, allowing Anna Fenninger of Austria to move atop the overall World Cup standings.
LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland - Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway retook the lead in the overall World Cup standings on Wednesday by placing fifth in a downhill won by Olympic champion Matthias Mayer of Austria.
LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland - Chip White is stepping down as the women's speed coach after this week's World Cup finals.
LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland - After Austria easily topped the Alpine skiing medals table at the Sochi Olympics, Marcel Hirscher and Anna Fenninger aim to put the "Wunderteam" back on top of the World Cup standings.
LENZERHEIDE, Switzerland - Anna Fenninger was fastest in a World Cup downhill training run Tuesday with overall title rival Maria Hoefl-Riesch resting because of a cold.
TORONTO - The family of a Canadian skicross racer killed two years ago at a World Cup event feels vindicated now that authorities no longer blame him for the crash and instead have made courses safer.
SOCHI, Russia - From a court room in Pretoria to the snow and ice more than 7,000 miles away in Sochi, the Oscar Pistorius trial looms large over the Paralympic world.
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - Michael Janyk's last World Cup race went so well, he almost had to postpone his retirement for a week.
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - Felix Neureuther overcame a pre-Olympic car crash to win a World Cup slalom on Sunday, giving himself pole position in the fight for the season's discipline title.
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - Benjamin Raich has reached a World Cup podium for the 91st - and probably last - time in his career at the same resort where he earned his first top-three finish 15 years ago.
ARE, Sweden - American Mikaela Shiffrin retained her World Cup slalom title on Saturday, adding to her Sochi Olympics gold medal in the discipline just five days before her 19th birthday.
ARE, Sweden - Olympic champion Mikaela Shiffrin led the first run of a World Cup slalom on Saturday and is poised to retain her season-long title.
SEATTLE - American and European politicians are boycotting the Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi to protest Russian moves in Ukraine. But disabled athletes from Washington, Oregon and Idaho plan to compete in the Olympic host city as scheduled starting this weekend.
ARE, Sweden - Olympic silver medalist Anna Fenninger won a World Cup giant slalom race Thursday, and closed the gap on overall leader Maria Hoefl-Riesch.
LAKE PLACID, New York - Two parades are scheduled this month in the Adirondacks to honor the New York region's athletes who competed at the Sochi Olympics, including medal winners Andrew Weibrecht and Erin Hamlin.
RENO, Nevada - Squaw Valley is planning a special celebration at the Sierra ski resort March 21 to honor more than a dozen U.S. Olympians from the Reno-Lake Tahoe area who competed in the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, including three who brought home gold.
KVITFJELL, Norway - Olympic champion Kjetil Jansrud of Norway overcame tricky racing conditions on his favorite home course to win a World Cup super-G race on Sunday ahead of Switzerland's Patrick Kueng.
Bill Marolt will step down as president and CEO of the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association on Monday, to be replaced by former Alpine skier Tiger Shaw, who competed in the 1984 and 1988 Olympics.
KVITFJELL, Norway - With the World Cup season nearly over, Travis Ganong is just getting started.
RINGEBU, Norway - A men's World Cup downhill training session in Norwegian resort of Kvitfjell has been canceled because of low visibility.
INNSBRUCK, Austria - Maria Pietilae-Holmner remained unbeaten in all three rounds to help Sweden win a World Cup parallel slalom team event on Tuesday.
SOCHI, Russia - The speedskaters flopped, and the hockey team was blanked when it mattered most. If it wasn't for some brand new sports, the medal count would be paltry.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Coming soon to an Olympics near you: Could it be Big Air?