- Canadian skier Michael Janyk ends career in style Updated: Mar-09-14 12:27 pm
- Neureuther leads German 1-2 finish at WCup slalom Updated: Mar-09-14 10:45 am
- Veteran Raich returns to WCup podium after 2 years Updated: Mar-08-14 1:00 pm
- Olympic champion Shiffrin wins WCup slalom title Updated: Mar-08-14 12:23 pm
- Olympic champion Shiffrin leads World Cup slalom Updated: Mar-08-14 7:23 am
- 5 NW athletes at Winter Paralympics at Sochi Updated: Mar-07-14 4:02 pm
- Anna Fenninger win World Cup giant slalom Updated: Mar-06-14 12:33 pm
- Parade in Lake Placid for Sochi Winter Olympians Updated: Mar-05-14 8:51 am
- Squaw Valley to fete Reno-Tahoe Olympians March 21 Updated: Mar-02-14 5:51 pm
- Jansrud beats Keung to win men's WCup super-G race Updated: Mar-02-14 12:15 pm
- Fischbacher wins delayed women's downhill Updated: Mar-02-14 9:33 am
- Canada's Guay wins downhill, Miller 8th in Norway Updated: Mar-01-14 10:01 am
- Marolt stepping down from USSA post Monday Updated: Feb-28-14 12:19 pm
- Ganong gets 1st career podium, now he wants a win Updated: Feb-28-14 10:46 am
- Men's downhill training in Kvitfjell canceled Updated: Feb-27-14 9:48 am
- Sweden beats Norway to win World Cup team event Updated: Feb-25-14 2:57 pm
- US officials defend team performance in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 10:29 am
- Shiffrin, Miller make Sochi skiing 1 for the ages Updated: Feb-23-14 5:19 am
- Big Air a likely next step at Olympics Updated: Feb-23-14 3:12 am
- Teen Kristoffersen adds to Norway's Olympic lore Updated: Feb-22-14 5:05 pm
- Matt, 34, wins Olympic slalom; oldest Alpine champ Updated: Feb-22-14 3:19 pm
- Skier puts East Timor on Winter Olympics map Updated: Feb-22-14 2:15 pm
- 5 golds? Shiffrin dreaming big for next Olympics Updated: Feb-22-14 1:21 pm
- Ligety doesn't finish 2nd run of Olympic slalom Updated: Feb-22-14 1:14 pm
- Analysis: Sochi Games, winding down: an assessment Updated: Feb-22-14 12:46 pm
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - Michael Janyk's last World Cup race went so well, he almost had to postpone his retirement for a week.
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - Felix Neureuther overcame a pre-Olympic car crash to win a World Cup slalom on Sunday, giving himself pole position in the fight for the season's discipline title.
KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia - Benjamin Raich has reached a World Cup podium for the 91st - and probably last - time in his career at the same resort where he earned his first top-three finish 15 years ago.
ARE, Sweden - American Mikaela Shiffrin retained her World Cup slalom title on Saturday, adding to her Sochi Olympics gold medal in the discipline just five days before her 19th birthday.
ARE, Sweden - Olympic champion Mikaela Shiffrin led the first run of a World Cup slalom on Saturday and is poised to retain her season-long title.
SEATTLE - American and European politicians are boycotting the Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi to protest Russian moves in Ukraine. But disabled athletes from Washington, Oregon and Idaho plan to compete in the Olympic host city as scheduled starting this weekend.
ARE, Sweden - Olympic silver medalist Anna Fenninger won a World Cup giant slalom race Thursday, and closed the gap on overall leader Maria Hoefl-Riesch.
LAKE PLACID, New York - Two parades are scheduled this month in the Adirondacks to honor the New York region's athletes who competed at the Sochi Olympics, including medal winners Andrew Weibrecht and Erin Hamlin.
RENO, Nevada - Squaw Valley is planning a special celebration at the Sierra ski resort March 21 to honor more than a dozen U.S. Olympians from the Reno-Lake Tahoe area who competed in the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, including three who brought home gold.
KVITFJELL, Norway - Olympic champion Kjetil Jansrud of Norway overcame tricky racing conditions on his favorite home course to win a World Cup super-G race on Sunday ahead of Switzerland's Patrick Kueng.
CRANS-MONTANA, Switzerland - Andrea Fischbacher of Austria was the surprise winner of the delayed women's downhill at Crans Montana on Sunday, claiming her first World Cup victory in four years.
KVITFJELL, Norway - It feels just like home for Canada's Erik Guay when he races in Norway.
Bill Marolt will step down as president and CEO of the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association on Monday, to be replaced by former Alpine skier Tiger Shaw, who competed in the 1984 and 1988 Olympics.
KVITFJELL, Norway - With the World Cup season nearly over, Travis Ganong is just getting started.
RINGEBU, Norway - A men's World Cup downhill training session in Norwegian resort of Kvitfjell has been canceled because of low visibility.
INNSBRUCK, Austria - Maria Pietilae-Holmner remained unbeaten in all three rounds to help Sweden win a World Cup parallel slalom team event on Tuesday.
SOCHI, Russia - The speedskaters flopped, and the hockey team was blanked when it mattered most. If it wasn't for some brand new sports, the medal count would be paltry.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Coming soon to an Olympics near you: Could it be Big Air?
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Henrik Kristoffersen grew up skiing under the lights in Raelingen, where darkness draws in early and his grandfather keeps a key to the chair lifts.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - One racer called the course "borderline unsportsmanlike." Another said it was "brutal." Five of the top eight skiers in the opening leg failed to even finish the second.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Yohan Goncalves Goutt put East Timor on the Winter Olympics map Saturday night.
SOCHI, Russia - You can see it in the freshness of the 18-year-old American's face, the gleam in her eye after snaring her first gold medal and the enthusiasm in her voice as she takes every question head on.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - After failing to finish the Olympic slalom's second leg, giant slalom gold medalist Ted Ligety called the course set Saturday night "borderline unsportsmanlike."
SOCHI, Russia - For organization, the Sochi Games deserve a solid 7 marks out of 10. Unless, of course, you had to shower in cold, brown water in an unfinished mountain hotel and griped about it to #SochiProblems on Twitter.