- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 3:43 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 3:06 pm
- New Betis coach earns first win in Copa del Rey Updated: Dec-06-13 2:03 pm
- Defending champion Spain gets repeat of 2010 final Updated: Dec-06-13 12:47 pm
- Tribute to Nelson Mandela begins World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 11:27 am
- Olympic women's soccer coach to teach at Bethany Updated: Dec-06-13 8:10 am
- Rio Ferdinand to work as TV pundit at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 6:14 am
- Sevilla president to quit Monday with jail looming Updated: Dec-06-13 5:42 am
- Three admit to football match-fixing Updated: Dec-05-13 10:32 pm
- Toulouse snatches 1-1 draw at Lyon in Ligue 1 Updated: Dec-05-13 6:12 pm
- FIFA mourns Mandela, 'one of greatest humanists' Updated: Dec-05-13 6:04 pm
- Sports court to judge Aussie's appeal of FIFA ban Updated: Dec-05-13 4:50 pm
- Whitecaps' Camilo gets MLS goal of year Updated: Dec-05-13 4:27 pm
- CAS to judge Mark Bresciano's FIFA ban appeal Updated: Dec-05-13 4:12 pm
- FIFA won't sell tickets for WCup final and opener Updated: Dec-05-13 4:04 pm
- Past champions betting on Brazil to win 2014 WCup Updated: Dec-05-13 1:42 pm
- Chicago Fire's Mike Magee wins MLS MVP Updated: Dec-05-13 1:41 pm
- FIFA sets out timetable for 2022 WCup dates talks Updated: Dec-05-13 1:15 pm
- Suarez invokes comparisons with Messi, Ronaldo Updated: Dec-05-13 1:14 pm
- Blatter: Mid-April finish for damaged WCup stadium Updated: Dec-05-13 12:59 pm
- FIFA to pay World Cup winner $35M prize money Updated: Dec-05-13 12:21 pm
- 32 teams, world of possibilities in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-05-13 12:12 pm
- FIFA picks India, Jordan to host youth World Cups Updated: Dec-05-13 11:56 am
- Greece: Football boss convicted for match-fixing Updated: Dec-05-13 11:50 am
- Polish PM calls for fairness for Lazio fans Updated: Dec-05-13 11:03 am
The United States will play Ghana, Portugal and Germany in what appears to be the most difficult first-round group at next year's World Cup, one that will take the Americans on a 9,000-mile trip around Brazil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
MADRID - Juan Carlos Garrido began his Real Betis coaching career with a win as the struggling Spanish league side beat 10-man Lleida 2-1 to open the last 32 of the Copa del Rey.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Defending champion Spain will play its opening World Cup game against the Netherlands, a repeat of the 2010 final, while host Brazil faces a relatively easy path to the knockout stage after Friday's draw.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Nelson Mandela was remembered with a video tribute to open the World Cup draw ceremony on Friday.
LINDSBORG, Kansas - The women who coached the U.S. women's soccer team to two Olympic gold medals will be a distinguished professor at Bethany College in Lindsborg.
LONDON - Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand will assess his former England teammates' performances during the World Cup next year.
SEVILLE, Spain - Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido will resign from the Spanish league club after being sentenced to seven years in prison.
MELBOURNE, Australia - A Malaysian man and two English football players have admitted to fixing matches in Melbourne as part of an international syndicate.
LYON, France - A late equalizer saw Toulouse snatch a 1-1 draw at Lyon and end a run of six successive league defeats at the Stade Gerland on Thursday.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA president Sepp Blatter says FIFA is in mourning after the death of Nelson Mandela.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Australia midfielder Mark Bresciano has asked the top court in international sports to overturn his four-month ban by FIFA, even though the appeal could cost him a place at the World Cup.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Australia midfielder Mark Bresciano wants sport's highest court to overturn his four-month ban by FIFA, even though the appeal case could cost him a place at the World Cup.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Tickets for the final and the opening match of the 2014 World Cup will not be available to fans when a new sales phase opens after Friday's draw in Brazil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Past world champions gathering in Brazil for Friday's World Cup draw are betting on the hosts to win next year's tournament on home soil.
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire forward Mike Magee has been selected Major League Soccer's Most Valuable Player, capping a career season with the top individual prize.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has agreed a timetable for consultation aimed at switching the 2022 World Cup kickoff in Qatar to November.
By mixing jaw-dropping goals with a growing list of brushes with controversy, Luis Suarez divides opinion like perhaps no other player in world football.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The damaged stadium in Sao Paulo won't stage its first match until less than two months before the World Cup is scheduled to open there, FIFA said Thursday.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA will give the 2014 World Cup winner $35 million in prize money, and all 32 competing nations will get at least $8 million.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Thirty two teams and a world of possibilities.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has made the "geopolitical decision" to choose India as a youth World Cup host for the first time, and Jordan will be the first Arabic host of a women's tournament.
ATHENS, Greece - A court in Greece has convicted a 58-year-old businessman on match-fixing charges, two years after his football club Kavala was expelled from professional leagues.
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's prime minister says he will make sure that some two dozen Lazio fans detained in Warsaw last week ahead of Europa League match are treated without unnecessary severity.