- FIFA suspends Barcelona transfer ban during appeal Updated: Apr-23-14 5:32 am
- Struggling Nuremberg fires coach Gertjan Verbeek Updated: Apr-23-14 5:12 am
- Juventus seeks 1st European title since scandal Updated: Apr-23-14 1:25 am
- Valcke: Don't waste time at Brazil WCup stadium Updated: Apr-22-14 9:00 pm
- Guangzhou, Wanderers advance to 2nd round in ACL Updated: Apr-22-14 7:11 pm
- Chelsea loses Cech, Terry to long-term injuries Updated: Apr-22-14 7:08 pm
- Defensive Chelsea holds Atletico in scoreless draw Updated: Apr-22-14 6:47 pm
- Champions League: Chelsea, Atletico in 0-0 draw Updated: Apr-22-14 5:48 pm
- Giggs returns to center stage at Man United Updated: Apr-22-14 2:12 pm
- Man United counts cost of flawed transition Updated: Apr-22-14 1:48 pm
- David Moyes out as Manchester United manager Updated: Apr-22-14 1:36 pm
- Major milestones in Moyes' tumultuous reign Updated: Apr-22-14 12:04 pm
- Mirallas out for the season, says Everton Updated: Apr-22-14 11:26 am
- Guardiola: I'm not interested in Man U job Updated: Apr-22-14 10:50 am
- Qatar reviewing World Cup stadium commitment Updated: Apr-22-14 8:11 am
- 5 potential replacements for Moyes at Man United Updated: Apr-22-14 6:17 am
- Moyes lacked the gravitas to be Man United manager Updated: Apr-22-14 4:57 am
- Orlando MLS team delays move to downtown stadium Updated: Apr-21-14 10:06 pm
- Burnley promoted to Premier League with win Updated: Apr-21-14 7:59 pm
- Man City beats West Brom 3-1, boosts title hopes Updated: Apr-21-14 7:48 pm
- Malaga beats Villarreal, moves mid-table in Spain Updated: Apr-21-14 6:29 pm
- Man City beats West Brom 3-1, boosts title hopes Updated: Apr-21-14 5:54 pm
- Olympiakos beats Real Madrid 78-76, avoids sweep Updated: Apr-21-14 5:12 pm
- NYCFC to play 2015 home games at Yankee Stadium Updated: Apr-21-14 5:06 pm
- Cologne returns to Bundesliga as 2nd tier champ Updated: Apr-21-14 4:30 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has cleared Barcelona to sign new players this offseason by freezing the club's one-year transfer embargo while the sanction is appealed.
NUREMBERG, Germany - Struggling Nuremberg fired Dutch coach Gertjan Verbeek on Wednesday in a bid to stave off Bundesliga relegation with three games of the season remaining.
ROME - When Juventus visits Benfica in the first leg of the Europa League semifinals Thursday, it will mark the first appearance for the once dominant Turin club in the final four of a European competition since finishing runner-up in the 2003 Champions League.
SAO PAULO - FIFA's top World Cup official visited the delayed stadium that will host the opener in less than two months and said there is "not a minute" to waste to get the venue ready.
SYDNEY - Guangzhou Evergrande ensured its Asian Champions League title defense progressed to the knockout stages while Al Ain topped Group C after a 1-1 draw against two-time winner Al Ittihad.
MADRID - Chelsea will be without goalkeeper Petr Cech and captain John Terry for the rest of the Premier League season, prompting manager Jose Mourinho to make the Champions League his team's priority.
MADRID - Chelsea's defensive game plan worked perfectly as it held Atletico Madrid to a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
MADRID - Chelsea capitalized on its defensive strategy, playing to a 0-0 draw with Atletico Madrid on Tuesday in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal.
Even while accustomed to success, Manchester United realized just how reliant its unprecedented dominance was on the managerial mastery of Alex Ferguson.
MANCHESTER, England - It's some feat to turn one of the world's most storied and valuable sports brands into a mere also-ran in the space of 10 months.
MANCHESTER, England - From embarrassing defeats to a critical plane banner and taunts from a spectator dressed as the Grim Reaper, it was a tumultuous 10-month reign for David Moyes as Manchester United manager.
LIVERPOOL, England - Belgium winger Kevin Mirallas will miss Everton's final three matches of the season after tearing a groin muscle in Sunday's 2-0 win over Manchester United.
DOHA, Qatar - Qatar organizers are yet to decide whether to build all 12 stadiums outlined in their successful bid to host the 2022 World Cup.
MANCHESTER, England - A look at five potential full-time replacements for David Moyes as Manchester United manager after his firing on Tuesday:
MANCHESTER, England - When Manchester United overlooked Jose Mourinho and chose David Moyes to be the successor to Alex Ferguson, the club gambled on a manager without a winning mentality, experience of European football, and with no trophies on his resume.
ORLANDO, Florida - Orlando City Soccer Club says it will play its first Major League Soccer season in 2015 at the renovated Florida Citrus Bowl because of delays in the city's acquisition of land required for its downtown, soccer-specific stadium.
LONDON - Burnley has secured promotion to the Premier League, returning to England's top flight for the first time since 2010.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City kept alive its title hopes in the English Premier League by beating West Bromwich Albion 3-1 Monday night.
MALAGA, Spain - Malaga eased to a dominant 2-0 win at home over Villarreal on Monday to take a big step toward ensuring both its place in Spain's topflight next season and coach Bernd Schuster's job.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City stayed alive in the English Premier League title race by beating West Bromwich Albion 3-1 thanks to first-half goals by three Argentines on Monday.
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's two Euroleague representatives, winners of the past three competitions, staved off elimination by winning closely contested home games on Monday.
NEW YORK - New York City FC will play homes games at Yankee Stadium during its first season in 2015.
COLOGNE, Germany - Cologne defeated Bochum 3-1 at home to secure its return to the Bundesliga on Monday after two years in the second division.