- Arsenal's title hopes fade with Wilshere out Updated: Mar-07-14 6:57 am
- Nantes to serve 1-year ban on signing new players Updated: Mar-07-14 6:33 am
- Brazilian player racially abused after match Updated: Mar-07-14 6:18 am
- Birmingham City owner sentenced to 6-year term Updated: Mar-07-14 3:11 am
- United make F Eddie Johnson a designated player Updated: Mar-06-14 5:23 pm
- Pardew admits charge for head-butting player Updated: Mar-06-14 1:27 pm
- Anelka accused of undermining anti-racism programs Updated: Mar-06-14 12:27 pm
- Scolari happy with tests before squad announcement Updated: Mar-06-14 12:14 pm
- 5 things about English football this weekend Updated: Mar-06-14 11:51 am
- Wilshere out for 6 weeks with foot injury Updated: Mar-06-14 10:17 am
- FIFA fines Caribbean member over finance rules Updated: Mar-06-14 10:15 am
- 5 things to know about the Spanish league Updated: Mar-06-14 8:45 am
- Stuttgart signs promising youngster Werner to 2018 Updated: Mar-06-14 7:59 am
- Bayern counting down games to Bundesliga title Updated: Mar-06-14 7:33 am
- Ukraine beats US 2-0 in soccer exhibition Updated: Mar-06-14 5:27 am
- FIFA fines Caribbean member over finance rules Updated: Mar-06-14 5:06 am
- Mexico, Nigeria play to 0-0 tie in Atlanta Updated: Mar-06-14 12:32 am
- Brazil warms up in style; Spain, France win Updated: Mar-06-14 12:26 am
- Pedro scores as Spain beats Italy 1-0 in friendly Updated: Mar-05-14 7:03 pm
- Sturridge heads England to 1-0 win over Denmark Updated: Mar-05-14 6:41 pm
- Ronaldo sets all-time scoring record for Portugal Updated: Mar-05-14 6:19 pm
- United D Korb has knee surgery, out 3-4 weeks Updated: Mar-05-14 6:17 pm
- Ecuador rallies past Australia 4-3 Updated: Mar-05-14 6:09 pm
- Benzema stars as France beats Netherlands 2-0 Updated: Mar-05-14 6:02 pm
- World Cup-bound Colombia draws with Tunisia 1-1 Updated: Mar-05-14 5:39 pm
LONDON - With Jack Wilshere out for six weeks, few would bet on Arsenal to win its first Premier League title since 2004.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - French club Nantes will serve a one-year FIFA ban on recruiting new players after losing an appeal at Switzerland's supreme court.
SAO PAULO - Fans yelled racist insults at a Brazilian football player being interviewed by reporters after a match, the latest case of racism to hit the country that will host the World Cup in a few months.
HONG KONG - Carson Yeung, the part-owner of English Championship club Birmingham City, has been sentenced to six years in jail for money laundering.
WASHINGTON - D.C. United extended the contract of U.S. national team forward Eddie Johnson and declared him a designated player under MLS rules.
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle manager Alan Pardew will attend a hearing with the English Football Association to discover what punishment he will receive for head-butting an opposing player in the Premier League.
LONDON - Former France striker Nicolas Anelka has been accused of undermining efforts to banish discrimination from football by celebrating a goal in a globally televised match with a racially aggravated gesture.
SAO PAULO - Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari seems pretty pleased with himself, and his coaching acumen.
MANCHESTER, England - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has spent most of the season downplaying his team's chances of winning the English Premier League title.
LONDON - Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will be out for about six weeks after cracking a bone in his left foot while playing for England.
GENEVA - FIFA has fined the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association for financial wrongdoing linked to a development project.
MADRID - Real Madrid's advantage at the top of the Spanish league has been squeezed down to a single point over Barcelona, and Atletico Madrid is only three points behind.
STUTTGART, Germany - Promising winger Timo Werner has committed to Stuttgart until 2018 by signing his first professional contract on his 18th birthday.
BERLIN - The Bundesliga is all but decided.
LARNACA, Cyprus - One banner in the stands read "Ukraine is Undivided!" on the top and "One Country - One Team!" on the bottom. Ukrainian fans sang their nation's anthem in the final moments, and some broke into a chant of "No war in Ukraine!" after the final whistle.
ZURICH - FIFA has fined the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association for financial wrongdoing linked to a development project.
ATLANTA - Raul Jimenez's late header for Mexico went just wide in a 0-0 tie with Nigeria on Wednesday night in an exhibition game at the Georgia Dome.
LONDON - Brazil showed its national team is in better shape than the country's stadiums with a 5-0 thrashing of South Africa on Wednesday, and defending champion Spain overcame Italy 1-0 in its final big test before the tournament kicks off, as teams prepared for the World Cup in a series of friendly matches.
MADRID - Pedro Rodriguez stole the spotlight from debutant Diego Costa by scoring Spain's second-half winner in a 1-0 friendly victory over Italy on Wednesday in a rematch of the 2012 European Championship final.
LONDON - Daniel Sturridge's late header gave England a 1-0 victory over Denmark on Wednesday on a largely ineffective night for the World Cup-bound team in its final friendly before the squad is named.
LEIRIA, Portugal - Cristiano Ronaldo became Portugal's all-time leading scorer Wednesday, netting twice as Portugal thrashed Cameroon 5-1 in a warm-up match between teams preparing for the World Cup.
WASHINGTON - D.C. United defender Chris Korb is expected to miss two to three weeks after having surgery on his left knee.
LONDON - Ecuador completed an impressive comeback from three goals down to beat Australia 4-3 in a friendly match between the two World Cup teams on Wednesday night.
PARIS - Karim Benzema kept up his prolific form by scoring a superb goal and helping to create another as France beat the Netherlands 2-0 in a pre-World Cup friendly on Wednesday.
BARCELONA, Spain - With its injured striker Radamel Falcao watching from the stands, World Cup-bound Colombia drew 1-1 Wednesday in a friendly international against Tunisia in Barcelona.