- Fellaini, Huth get 3-match bans following EPL clash Updated: May-05-16 12:58 pm
LONDON - Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini and Leicester defender Robert Huth were banned on Thursday for three matches following their clash in the English Premier League.
- Djokovic, Murray advance to Madrid Open quarterfinals Updated: May-05-16 12:06 pm
MADRID - Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray made their way into the Madrid Open quarterfinals on Thursday, each with straight-set wins.
- Barcelona's Neymar left out of Brazil's Copa America squad Updated: May-05-16 11:22 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Barcelona star Neymar has been left off Brazil's squad for the Copa America, which will be played in the United States next month.
- Madrid rivals return to Champions League final Updated: May-05-16 10:13 am
MADRID - One city, two rivals - for the biggest prize in club soccer.
- After role in 'Creed,' Bellew to fight for world title Updated: May-05-16 5:46 am
LIVERPOOL, England - The last time British boxer Tony Bellew fought for a world title, it was in a Hollywood movie.
- Madrid beats Man City 1-0 to reach Champions League final Updated: May-04-16 7:11 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid turned another Champions League final into a crosstown derby on Wednesday, beating Manchester City a day after Atletico Madrid had sealed its place in the decider for European soccer's biggest prize.
- Jeonbuk eliminates big-spending Jiangsu with 2-2 draw Updated: May-04-16 5:55 pm
JEONJU, South Korea - South Korean champion Jeonbuk Hyundai drew 2-2 at home against Jiangsu Suning on Wednesday to secure first place in Group E and advance to the knockout stage of the Asian Champions League.
- Defender Adriano joins list of Barca players probed for tax Updated: May-04-16 1:37 pm
MADRID - Defender Adriano has joined the list of Barcelona players to be probed by Spain's prosecutors for alleged tax fraud.
- Abby Wambach to join ESPN as analyst and contributor Updated: May-04-16 1:15 pm
Retired U.S. soccer star Abby Wambach is joining ESPN as an analyst and a contributor.
- European police say Russian mafia infiltrating soccer clubs Updated: May-04-16 11:03 am
LISBON, Portugal - Portuguese and European police say they have broken up a cell of an important Russian mafia group that allegedly laundered money through European football clubs.
- Spanish league loses its sponsor, may have many smaller ones Updated: May-04-16 10:57 am
MADRID - Spanish league president Javier Tebas says the league has lost its exclusive sponsor and will most likely not be able to replace it in time for next season.
- FA seeks eye-gouging ban for Dembele of more than 3 games Updated: May-04-16 10:54 am
LONDON - The English Football Association wants Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele banned for more than three matches for an apparent eye-gouge on Chelsea striker Diego Costa.
- FIFA suspends Guam player in World Cup doping case Updated: May-04-16 10:12 am
ZURICH - FIFA says a Guam player tested positive for doping at a World Cup qualifying match in March.
- Albania midfielder Xhaka injured during Basel title win Updated: May-04-16 9:02 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Swiss champion Basel says Albania midfielder Taulant Xhaka has a leg injury and will be out of action for "several weeks."
- World Cup winner Luca Toni announces retirement Updated: May-04-16 8:23 am
VERONA, Italy - World Cup winner Luca Toni says he will retire after Sunday's match against Serie A champion Juventus.
- FIFA prosecutors want life ban for Webb in bribery case Updated: May-04-16 7:48 am
ZURICH - FIFA ethics prosecutors want a life ban imposed on former FIFA vice president Jeffrey Webb, who has pleaded guilty to racketeering charges in the United States.
- Methodology behind Leicester: Ranieri's winning blueprint Updated: May-04-16 1:28 am
LEICESTER, England - Claudio Ranieri is still struggling to comprehend how he managed to transform Leicester from 5,000-1 outsiders to Premier League champions.
- Football fans everywhere embrace Leicester's title success Updated: May-03-16 9:11 pm
LEICESTER, England - The partisanship that usually defines soccer in England seemed to be temporarily set aside as Leicester City's players were acclaimed as the People's Champions.
- Ranieri won't sign superstars to strengthen Leicester squad Updated: May-03-16 6:35 pm
LEICESTER, England - Claudio Ranieri is sticking with Leicester's title-winning blueprint and said the club won't be in the market for established, expensive talent to strengthen the Premier League champions.
- Atletico Madrid reaches Champions League final on away goals Updated: May-03-16 6:26 pm
MUNICH - A goal from Antoine Griezmann sent Atletico Madrid to the Champions League final for the second time in three seasons despite a 2-1 defeat at Bayern Munich on Tuesday.
- Partying, training, then more celebrating for Leicester team Updated: May-03-16 6:20 pm
LEICESTER, England - There are certain pitfalls to being a club's first title-winning side. Leicester City's once-unheralded players discovered Tuesday that going for a pizza is no longer so easy once you're a Premier League champion.
- Serbia shocked by UEFA decision to accept Kosovo Updated: May-03-16 11:56 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia reacted with outrage against UEFA's decision to accept the former province of Kosovo as its 55th member, saying on Tuesday it will fight the decision by all legal means.
- Fellaini, Huth charged after clashing during EPL game Updated: May-03-16 11:48 am
LONDON - The English Football Association has charged Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini and Leicester defender Robert Huth with violent conduct after they clashed during a Premier League game at the weekend.
- English soccer's superpowers shown up by little Leicester Updated: May-03-16 11:43 am
MANCHESTER, England - One by one, English soccer's supposed superpowers fell off the relentless pace set by Leicester in the Premier League title race.
- 'King Claudio': Ranieri hailed as a hero at home in Italy Updated: May-03-16 11:25 am
ROME - The Italian premier called it "insane." The country's national sports newspaper called him "King Claudio." Even the Vatican newspaper, l'Osservatore Romano, weighed in with a comparison to King Richard III.