- Herve Renard quits as Ivory Coast coach Updated: May-22-15 2:54 pm
ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast - Herve Renard has quit as Ivory Coast coach three months after leading the team to the African Cup of Nations title.
- Coach Ernesto Valverde to stay another season at Bilbao Updated: May-22-15 2:30 pm
BILBAO, Spain - Athletic Bilbao coach Ernesto Valverde has agreed to a one-year contract extension that will keep him at the Basque club through the end of next season.
- CAS hears Gibraltar's appeal to join FIFA Updated: May-22-15 12:42 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Gibraltar's appeal to become a FIFA member has been heard at world sport's highest court, with no timetable set for a ruling.
- Greece escapes soccer suspension, FIFA happy with changes Updated: May-22-15 9:35 am
ATHENS, Greece - FIFA says it is satisfied with changes made to sporting law in Greece, and has dropped a threat to suspend the country from international competition.
- Paul-Georges Ntep receives 1st call with France Updated: May-22-15 9:23 am
PARIS - Rennes forward Paul-Georges Ntep was called up for the first time by France on Friday for upcoming friendlies against Belgium and Albania.
- Court releases 4 suspects in soccer fight death Updated: May-22-15 9:06 am
MADRID - A Spanish court has released four suspects in the death of a soccer fan following a brutal street fight between rival "ultra" groups in the Spanish capital in November.
- Bid to topple Blatter from FIFA rests with Jordanian prince Updated: May-22-15 9:02 am
LONDON - In soccer, the only certain winner seems to be Sepp Blatter.
- Palestinians complain to FIFA over detained player Updated: May-22-15 6:54 am
JERUSALEM - The head of the Palestine Football Association has complained to FIFA that one of its players was detained by Israel, an incident he says illustrates his demand that the Israelis be suspended.
- Osaka, Yokohama picked as 2015 Club World Cup host cities Updated: May-22-15 6:15 am
ZURICH - FIFA says Osaka and Yokohama will be host cities for the 2015 Club World Cup in Japan.
- FIFA scandals while Sepp Blatter has been president Updated: May-22-15 5:48 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been routinely called "scandal-plagued" for much of Sepp Blatter's 17-year presidential reign.
- Manchester United-San Jose match to be played in Berkeley Updated: May-21-15 7:30 pm
BERKELEY, California - Manchester United's exhibition game against Major League Soccer's San Jose Earthquakes on July 21 will be played at Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium.
- Figo tells AP he is quitting FIFA presidential race Updated: May-21-15 5:43 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Calling FIFA a dictatorship under Sepp Blatter, presidential candidate Luis Figo dropped out of the election race on Thursday.
- AA Ghent wins first league title, beating Standard Liege Updated: May-21-15 5:40 pm
BRUSSELS - AA Ghent won its first league title on Thursday after it beat Standard Liege 2-0 in the penultimate round of league playoffs.
- FIFA Presidential Election Candidates Updated: May-21-15 5:10 pm
ZURICH - A look at the candidates in the FIFA presidential election on May 29 in Zurich:
- Poland soccer chief Boniek wants World Cup taken from Russia Updated: May-21-15 1:02 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland football federation president Zbigniew Boniek says FIFA should be able to take the 2018 World Cup away from Russia because of conflict in Ukraine.
- Previous FIFA Presidential Elections Updated: May-21-15 12:06 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter would certainly argue that being president of FIFA is the best job in sports. Becoming FIFA president is one of the hardest.
- Sepp Blatter set for another win in FIFA election Updated: May-21-15 12:05 pm
GENEVA - For once, a major FIFA election is untainted by claims of vote-buying.
- Statement by Luis Figo to The Associated Press Updated: May-21-15 12:03 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Statement sent by Luis Figo to The Associated Press on Thursday:
- Hull and Newcastle fighting for survival on final day Updated: May-21-15 10:11 am
MANCHESTER, England - The Premier League is set for an afternoon of goodbyes on Sunday - to either Hull or Newcastle as the relegation places are decided and to two of English soccer's top midfielders.
- Monaco, Marseille and Saint-Etienne fight for 3rd place Updated: May-21-15 8:56 am
MONACO - With the top two places already set, the only thing to be decided in the last round of the French league is which team will finish third and take the final Champions League spot.
- Austin completes remarkable rise to England squad Updated: May-21-15 8:38 am
LONDON - Charlie Austin completed his remarkable rise from bricklayer to the England squad in the space of six years when he was called up by his country for the first time on Thursday.
- Relegation battle comes down to last day of Spanish league Updated: May-21-15 8:32 am
BARCELONA, Spain - While the title fight is over, there is still plenty to play for on the final day of the Spanish league season Saturday, when 11 teams play for either for berths in European competition or to avoid relegation.
- Previous FIFA Presidents Updated: May-21-15 7:40 am
ZURICH - List of the presidents of FIFA:
- Xavi to leave Barcelona after 17 trophy-filled seasons Updated: May-21-15 7:33 am
SANT JOAN DESPI, Spain - Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez says he will leave the Catalan club after 17 trophy-laden seasons in which he set club records for appearances and titles won.
- 3 men to be tried after violence during Cyprus Cup final Updated: May-21-15 7:30 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - Cyprus police say three men will be tried after violence marred the Cyprus Cup final and forced a 45-minute interruption.